[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>‘Suicide Squad’ Will Reshoot Scenes to Add More Humo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 17
File: joker-suicide-squad.png (525 KB, 1190x595) Image search: [Google]
joker-suicide-squad.png
525 KB, 1190x595
>‘Suicide Squad’ Will Reshoot Scenes to Add More Humor Following ‘Batman V. Superman’ Backlash

Should we be worried?

http://thesource.com/2016/04/02/suicide-squad-will-reshoot-scenes-to-add-more-humor-following-batman-v-superman-backlash/
>>
Yes. It means the funny and lighthearted trailer told all the jokes. The movie was suppose to be dark and serious.
>>
>>81384375
What? That the big movie corporations are just now figuring out that escapism is a thing?

People don't want to go to the movies to get a fucking philosophy lesson with some social justice on the side; they want to go see a goddamned movie and be entertained.
>>
Depends on how much and what scenes they reshoot. It seems like it was in a similar tone to bvs. If theyre just adding more funny scenes it'll probably be shit. If they change the tone of the movie itself than it'll maybe work
>>
Ah yes. Because the only problem with BvS is that it didn't have enough quips. Literally the only flaw.
>>
It's fair to say after BVS is bombing at the box office people won't even see Suicide Squad
>>
>>81384658
They could probably save it in re-release by adding a laugh track.
>>
>>81384764
I have yet to meet anyone who hasn't said
>>at least Suicide Squad looks good...
Peeps need to learn that trailers make everything look good. Remember the weeks leading up to Fant4stic's release when everyone got hype as fuck?
>>
>>81384375
Look how fucking stupid Leto looks. You should have been worried from the start.
>>
>>81384375
It's a different director, it's not fair to throw this movie under the bus because of BvS. They could spend that enerfy on JL wich is about to start filming.
If the movie really is drastically changed at the very least I hope we get to see the original version in some form.
>>
>>81384375
Did The Joker get bitten by a vampire?
>>
>to make it more in line with the trailer

Oh my god.
What the- seriously?
Were they trying to trick audiences into seeing a grimdark movie this whole time?
Fucking seriously?
The movie trailer looked fun and honestly better than BVS but hearing that it was all a bullshit sham?
I mean what the fuck.

And the First trailer from comic con.
Why not just stay with that tone the ?
What the fuck?
>>
>>81384375
Yeah. Not that jokes would hurt a movie, but re-shooting it may make them overlook some important piece of dialogue and damage the plot quality because of it.
>>
>>81384375
Didn't the actors specifically say those reshoots were related to acting schedules?

I mean it's fucking ridiculous to act like they can suddenly schedule last minute reshoots within a week of another film debuting to bad reviews.
>>
>>81384764
People were willing to see X-Men: First Class after X-Men 3 and X-Men Origins: Wolverine. I don't think it's impossible for DC movies to recover.
>>
>her source is Devin Farci
Yeah I'm sure this is legitimate.
>>
But the trailer with the Queen music made it look like a comedy.
>>
>>81384880
I think SS looks far worse than BvS.
>>
>>81384983
It looks like they were trying to make the trailer look like GOTG. Band of people, funny adventure etc when the movie was grimdark the entire time.
>>
File: larry_david_unsure.gif (2 MB, 316x213) Image search: [Google]
larry_david_unsure.gif
2 MB, 316x213
>>81385000
Apparently the news is that the re-shoots were extended by a lot, not that they exist in the first place.

Still, what's the worst that could happen. Right?
>>
>>81384983
>Were they trying to trick audiences into seeing a grimdark movie this whole time?
Man of Steel.
This entire universe was founded on misleading trailers.
>>
File: 1454354233693.png (1 MB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1454354233693.png
1 MB, 1440x1080
>>81384658
That's certainly what the initial wave of reviews seemed to fixate on. Took 2 days for anybody to talk about anything else.
>>
>>81385058
>GOTG trailer was unique and original
>>
>>81385045
They likely just cut the trailer that way to try to emulate the GOTG and Deadpool trailers.
>>
>>81384658
Super never smiles senpai.
>>
>>81385090
Man of Steel wasn't grimdark, ot was dramatic.
>>
>>81385056
Yeah well I ain't met you.
>>
>>81384597
>>81384375

Warner Bros is full of idiots. The problem with BvS wasn't that it didn't have quips, only autistic retards believe that. You can have a dark and somber superhero movie and have it be a hit Ex. Dark Knight Trilogy. The problem with BvS was that it was an overcrowded film that was trying to do too much in one movie . It also relied somewhat heavily on the idea that the viewers would know a lot of the source material in order to get the references to various comics. However Warner Bros does not listen to those criticisms instead they listen to "Duhh was not funni ike ion man n dee evengers duhhh". So they then sacrifice the artistic vision of their directors in order to appease the stupidity and they will burn because of it.
>>
>>81384597
>People don't want to go to the movies to get a fucking philosophy lesson with some social justice on the side; they want to go see a goddamned movie and be entertained.

There are some extremely popular movies that disagree with this.
>>
Were you not worried before? Seriously?
>>
>>81385167
He did though.
>>
>>81384375
>more quips goddammit we need more quips!
>>
>>81385145
I feel betrayed slightly.
>>
>>81384597
>People don't want to go to the movies to get a fucking philosophy lesson with some social justice on the side; they want to go see a goddamned movie and be entertained.
I don't know if you're baiting or not but fuck you and fuck that idea.
>>
>>81384899
He doesn't look any stupider than Nicholson or Ledger
>>
>>81384375
>Should we be worried?
It's a modern DC movie.

The standard operating procedure around here is to pretend that everything is perfect and it's "Based this" and "Based that" with every hype generating clickbait news article, and everyone else is jealous or a Marvel drone/shill. Then when the movie comes out and it is shit you begin by saying people just don't understand it or are jealous, then you say that it will still earn money and prove itself a winner, then you look for a fall guy to blame everything on and say how the next movie will be so much better.

Lather

Rinse

Repeat
>>
>>81385497
lurk more
>>
>>81384658
Every thread
>>
>>81384880
>Remember the weeks leading up to Fant4stic's release when everyone got hype as fuck?
No, because that did not happen
>>
Why do you keep making this thread? Is this the best clickbait of the decade?
>>
>>81385497
You sound upset.
>>
>>81385592
Nobody wants to talk about the decades' worth of other /co/ related material mostly because there aren't any epic memes.
>>
Are they hoping to change the tone of the entire film with a few reshoots?
>>
>>81385193
Examples?
>>81385285
Great argument asshole. Maybe if you weren't stroking off so many cocks you'd be able to type a longer response.
>>
>>81384880
Absolutely no one was hyped for Fant 4 stic.
>>
>>81385192
>The problem with BvS was that it was an overcrowded film that was trying to do too much in one movie
this. the movie was really hard to follow for the first 2/3rds because the scenes were so short and cut together hastily. story threads would get dropped and picked up too quickly and didn't allow time for the story to just breathe. the best part came when supes and bats began fighting, and even their reason to fight was really inane.

also this may just be me, but snyder's usual color filtering to make everything visually darker in color did not do this film favors. it wasn't good in MoS and it wasn't good here when the majority of the film took place at fucking night time to begin with. Suicide Squad thankfully doesn't seem to be doing that judging from the trailers.
>>
>>81385751
There were a few but I think they were advertisers.
>>
>>81385751
Not true, I was fully erect in anticipation of how much of a trainwreck it was going to be.
>>
>>81385736
What makes you think I'm trying to argue? You're retarded and no amount of discussion is going to change that.
>>
>>81384375
They're just saying this so they can reshoot things they were going to let fly.
>>
>>81385842
> durr hurr I'm not gonna prove why I'm right.

So you're cock-hungry and retarded too, good to know.
>>
>>81385727
Maybe overdubbing Joker lines.

Its going to be fun seeing the scenes cut together. Will Smith going from real to fake beard between cuts. Some makeup being slightly off.
>>
>>81386065
It's seriously baffling that you think they're actually reshooting the movie while deep in post production. That's not how movies work. What's even more baffling is that you people think a movie with Harley 'Meme Spouter' Quinn and the Joker isn't going to have jokes in it. Ayer said after the Comic Con trailer that that trailer didn't represent the tone of the movie and that it was surprisingly hilarious.

This place is so fucking moronic.
>>
>>81384375
I truthfully felt bad for the SS cast, Leto especially, when I saw the reviews for BvS rolling in. The worst thing is people's disbelief automatically being kept from suspension when they just want to nitpick your movie. Imagine when your dressed as a clown and fight smoking sword bitches. And Harley Quinn is making 4th grade-level "I'm so cute and crazy" jokes. I mean, this could be painful when the critics get a hold of this.
>>
>>81385527
>>81385650
Does samefagging help you pretend that I'm not right?
>>
>>81384375
HUMOR ISN'T WHAT WAS WRONG

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>81385751
Black broads love MbJ but that's maybe the only group that was looking forward to it. And i've noticed maddd mexicans on twitter go to any american action/capeshit movie that gets cobbled together.

mostly the hype was more like:
>>81385814
>>
I hate soft ass millenials, back when I was growing up action movies were action movies...

Now all you transgender unisex fucks have ruined even entertainment meant for masculine audiences fuck off
>>
>>81385135
GOTG didnt invent the wheel.
but you gotta admit it success helped WB admit that there was money on a rogue superhero movie
>>
>>81385736
>examples
The Dark Knight trilogy were just as joyless as MoS and BvS yet all three movies were extremely well received
>>
>>81386651
Maybe, but Suicide Squad wasn't even WB's idea. David Ayer pitched it to them.
>>
>>81384375
Thanks to the drones of the world.
>>
>>81384375
>Should we be worried
we should be rioting

SS is SUPPOSED to have the tone BvS aimed for, with occasional bits of humor to keep people from leaving the theater.

If this comes out as Suicidepool, it's guaranteed that the comic book will follow suit and turn even shittier.
>>
>>81386266
One of the essential problems of the Snyderverse is the lack of noticeable tonal shifts.
The film begins dreary and bleak, stays dreary and bleak and ends dreary and bleak. There's no progress, the world doesn't seem worth saving at any point in this.
There has to be something in there that occasionally disrupts this oppressive sameyness, be it a sprinkling of humor, romance, serenity or whatever.
If all you can do, is beat the same note over and over again, it'll wear out the audience's nerves.
BvS biggest failing was that it was incapable of escaping its own highschool pessimism.
You got Amy Addams sitting in a cold tub having an uncomfortable tender moment with Clark, that feels fake as fuck.
You got Jeremy Irons doing his best to bring some classy levity to the proceedings but getting eclipsed by Eisenberg's annoying rambling, making you wish you were back with the ever brooding Downerman and Bummerdude.
>>
>>81385192
>Warner Bros is full of idiots.
Try to remember they were about to go out of business in the late 1970s when some publisher named National Periodicals bought them.

NP is called DC now and Warners treats them like slaves.
>>
>>81387071
>the tone is bleak and deary
I disagree entirely.
>>
>>81386218
>you think they're actually reshooting the movie while deep in post production

The closest I know is that when George Lucas saw the dailies for Radioland Murders (which he was ostensibly producing) he was so irate he flew to Wilmington NC and directed the reshoots himself, including having to find a body double for one of the actresses who'd died during production.

But again, this is not post.
>>
>>81384375

>mfw the Age of Quiptron has truly begun
>>
>>81386731
And I can bet you he said "Gaurdians of the galaxy"in that pitch
>>
This has already been debunked as the reason
Devin Faraci is a faggot
I wont even say the real reason because narrative is already out there to add more jokes so I wont bother attempting to change it

Sad have to endure 4 more months of this sort of horseshit
>>
When do you think Zack Synder will be fired? My guess is before June sometime.
>>
>>81387162
And I disagree with you disagreeing with me.
>>
>>81386223
>I mean, this could be painful when the critics get a hold of this.
But how painful? And for who?
>>
>>81387392
But the movie makes money right? WB will still desperate with him, sadly
>>
>>81387392
Not until after Justice League 1
>>
>>81387471

For DC
>>
>>81387392
If the weekend BO is as shit as the projection, by monday.
>>
>>81387566
To soon, maybe when the time to shoot will be near
>>
>>81384375
Nice April Fools.
>>
>this rumor has been big news for 3 days now
>Devin Farci is still the only source
Why the fuck do people believe this?
>>
>>81384576
This.

How fucking retarded were they that they seriously thought that a Suicide Squad movie should be grimdark?
>>
>>81387855
It proves that people's minds are already made up about movies they haven't even seen yet.

If MoS or BvS were released by Marvel, it would have probably gotten higher scores. Because Marvel.
>>
File: 1440189994209-1.gif (949 KB, 155x173) Image search: [Google]
1440189994209-1.gif
949 KB, 155x173
>>81384375
>the media has never lied to me before
>>
>>81387904
I mean, if it's real, then it shows that they don't have anyone who worked on the source material.
But hey, Nolan's Batman sold well in 2005-2012, so...
>>81388018
that's because marvel has comic book writer's writing the scripts.
>>
>>81388133
Let me rephrase: If MoS or BvS were released by Marvel, exactly as they were released by DC, they would probably be better received by critics and hailed as a paradigm shift in the creative direction of superhero movies and the superhero genre.
>>
>>81387855

Because people are reactionary idiots.

Look at how much panic this news has caused on /co/ alone. The reshoots were scheduled to accommodate an actor and the movie is mostly in post now. The trailer is packed with light moments and the movie was already being touted as lighter than BvS while still having a darker tone. Ayer's not a garbage director like Snyder. He actually understands how tone works.

And unlike BvS Squad's trailers have generally gotten a good reaction.

BvS was DOA from the start. For one reviewers do hate Snyder, and two the public was not really excited for it. And Snyder never should have announced a directors cut before the movie was even out because it made quite a few people decide to just wait.
>>
>>81388018
If MoS or BvS were released by Marvel, then the MCU would be finished.
>>
>>81388133
>that's because marvel has comic book writer's writing the scripts.
No they don't, aside from Whedon, and his two movies were awful. The original Ragnarok script was written by Yost and was apparently their 'darkest' script yet, but then they brought in someone else to rewrite it into a comedy.
>>
>>81386218
>It's seriously baffling that you think they're actually reshooting the movie while deep in post production.
Fant4stic did it. Green Lantern did it.
It's not impossible.

>>81386674
Uh the Nolan films had a lot of humor in them, just no clap break "quips" you see in MCU films
>>
>>81388133

No they don't. They HAD a useless think tank of comic writers that were reading the scripts and stealing elements for their own stories to jump start synergy.

As >>81388299 said. Yost wrote a Thor script that was thrown out for a buddy-comedy featuring Thor and Hulk because for some reason they agreed the problem with the Thor movies is they weren't funny which wasn't even close to an issue. Thor's movies were pretty on-point quip-wise. Story and pacing were their issues along with having a wooden lead actor.
>>
>>81388203
This was a Batman movie. A fucking Batman movie. A movie with "Batman" right there in the name. Even "Dark Knight Rises", a complete mess of a film, got praise. BvS has no excuse.
>>
File: 1453578011311.png (484 KB, 984x514) Image search: [Google]
1453578011311.png
484 KB, 984x514
>>81387855
Because Devin Farci was right about the problems with Batman v Superman and now look at the massive drop the box office has taken since it's opening day

Look at all of these pissy DC fans, can't wait until he's right again
>>
Anyone remembers when /co/ was about cartoons and comics?

Good times.
>>
>>81388353

Fant4stic's reshoots were because the movie wasn't actually finished. They had nothing to work with and had to rush.

Every movie has reshoots. Ghost Rider had reshoots to add the helicopter scene for example, Squad is doing them to accommodate an actor and finish their scenes.

EVERY movie has reshoots and every time a public hears about them they think their this huge big deal where large portions of the movie are redone and that is pretty much never the case.

Squad's reshoots aren't even bringing the major actors back.
>>
>>81388353
>Fant4stic did it. Green Lantern did it.
Those movies were notorious disasters behind the scenes from the get go. Suicide Squad has gotten nothing but praise from fans, suits, actors and everyone else involved and is being made by a competent writer/director and it's been in post production for like 5 months. Not to mention you'd need more than $10 million to get people like Will Smith and Jared Leto to drop everything and do extensive reshoots of this magnitude. This is the most asinine story I've read in a while.
>>
>>81388505
That was McWeeney, not Faraci. Faraci was even backpeddling when it was getting praise pre-release, proving that he really didn't know shit.
>>
>>81388505
>Wanting Farci to be right
Christ, you feed on the misery of other people but you're too much of a pussy to make others miserable themselves.
>>
>>81388505
>problems with Batman v superman
Which were what again?
>>
>>81384597
Spoken like the plebest pleb
>>
>>81384375
Wasn't this what you people wanted?
More...'fun'.
>>
>>81385241
Besides when sperm extractor unit designated Lois was in the scene.
>>
>>81385192

I generally agree with you but when most of those reviewers were gunning at the joyless thing and saying "It's not fun like a Marvel movie" then of course WB would listen to that. Those reviewers are just hitting the easy targets and even if some are bringing up actual issues these two are nearly always the ones they highlight.

But Squad isn't going into heavy reshoots so it's not like WB is actually listening to anything. Faraci is just talking out of his ass like always. He runs a clickbait site and this was the best article to release after BvS was a notorious disappointment because he knows when Squad is released it has a lighter tone no one can accuse him of being wrong.
>>
>>81389042
Still smiled in other parts of the movie.
>>
>>81387904
Agreed. Nothing says "family friendly movie you and your kids will enjoy" like a film named "Suicide Squad."
>>
>a SUICIDE SQUAD movie is being reshot to make it lighter
Equal blame goes to MCU and Snyder at this point
>>
>>81389771
>it the mcu fault
what
>>
>>81388353
BvS also had jokes in it. The point still stands that the Nolan movies were much heavier on philoshiphy and psychology (the 3rd act of the Dark Knight in particular) than they were on jokes or light entertainment yet they still became immensely popular.
>>
>>81388564
>the success of capeshit has caused discussion of actual comic books to fall out of favour
I don't know how to feel. [spoilers]at least the few storytime threads are still fub
>>
>>81390548

/co/ was never good at discussing comics in the first place.
>>
>>81388505
>Devin Farci was right about the problems with Batman v Superman
>Devin Farci was right
>Farci right
You mean like he was right when he said Jim Gordon is already dead in the DCEU? Or the fucking host of other times he's been wrong?
>>
>>81384876
Kek
>>
>>81384876
Underrated post
>>
>>81390202
MCU at fault for popularizing quips so much that every superhero movie must be bursting with humor at this point
Snyder at fault for creating such a bad movie that even quips would be superior
>>
File: image.jpg (143 KB, 600x736) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143 KB, 600x736
>>81384375
You've created the 1,000,000 thread about this here's your prize!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>81384597
It can be either, both, or none as long as I'm engaged.
>>
File: 1445481493895.jpg (11 KB, 246x205) Image search: [Google]
1445481493895.jpg
11 KB, 246x205
>>81384375

Depends on the region. 90% of Murica wants what you described.

The other 10% are the LA and NYC crowd. They'll sit through a 3 hour Arab Spring drama where the main character wanders around depressed about life. I know, because I walked into one and had to sit through it. Shit was horrible. But it was apparently "highly regarded" for a film festival movie.
>>
>>81386674
Okay, so a movie trilogy that had a solid story and good character development ( apart from Dark Knight Rises IMO) receives critical acclaim because audiences had something to cling to.

BvS had none of those things; no character development of any note, amateur pacing a story structure, and so much pseudo-religious imagery shoved into it you might as well put in Veggie Tales to make the whole thing complete.

Two wildly different examples and you have proven my point by pointing out yourself that audiences favored a movie trilogy that entertained them as opposed to a really shitty movie that did not.
>>
>>81391554
>no character development of any note
Are you retarded anon or did you just not pay attention?
>>
>>81389232
How did you get "family friendly" from "not grimdark"?
>>
>>81384880
>Remember the weeks leading up to Fant4stic's release when everyone got hype as fuck?
No, because everyone was ripping apart the movie BECAUSE of the trailers. The poor CGI and green screen effects heralded its death weeks before release.
>>
>>81391554

Rises really isn't that bad.

I think it's biggest fault is that it attempted to do Knightfall in one movie and not two. There is just way too much crammed into that movie and the elapsed time really comes off as awkward.

Also no Dick.
>>
>>81391617
Dude Batman's motivation literally through most of the film was "I hate Superman because he destroyed the city MEAH". There was nothing else he did!

They even fucked up his no killing rule, he was plowing through thugs in this film like copy-paper! That's a major character inconsistency and you're telling me that I didn't pay attention?
>>
>>81391554
>moving the goalposts
>>
>>81391742
Regaining the no kill rule was his character development.
>>
>>81391742
Alright so you weren't paying attention to the movie.
>>
how many times will this thread be made
>>
>>81388933
and yet we are the majority. you want your movie to make money? you deal with us.

you think you're too highbrow and elite for us? then don't expect to sink 250 million dollars into making a movie and then complain we're not buying it.

there's a reason why your movies usually have production budgets of less than 50 million.
>>
>>81391742
>be old Batman
>Robin is kill
>there are no heroes left in man
>incredibly powerful alien shows
>HOLY MID-LIFE CRISIS BATMAN
>if I kill this guy and hypothetical stop him from becoming evil than I'll be the one who saved the world.
That's Batman's actual motivation.
>>
>>81389771
No fuck off.

Snyder is a hack. Be mad at WB that they didn't boot his ass after MoS underperformed to the point that they forced Batman into his sequel.
>>
>>81388841
Plotholes, things happened too quick, Wonder Woman felt out of place and her main role was to advertise the justice league and Lex, despite not being "The Lex" went off more as a mad man billionaire that belongs in Arkham Asylum than Rykers.

Also, the lack of sympathy for Superman that would've made the ending and the other parts of antagonizing him more immersive to watch.
>>
Fucking Snyder has ruined everything
>>
>>81391940
you're saying it almost like that's an improvement.
>>
>>81387111
You are misremembering. National Peruodicals and Warner Bros were both brought out by a Mob owned Parking Lot and Funeral Home company
>>
>>81392027
It is, it's a believable and understandable motivation.
>>
>>81391959
>Plotholes
Like what?
>>
>>81388841
Oh my poor DCuck
>>
>>81392209
How's civil war II coming along?
>>
I watched Batman V. Superman and never, once, in the entire film, did I think "This is awesome" or "I want to see this scene again."

It wasn't fun.
>>
IF they do that, it wont be as good as the actual good Marvel movies and people will say DC is full of hacks trying to copy Marvel
I dont know why DC would try to play Marvel's game. They should keep their movies more serious, what they have to change is their shit directors. FUCK Snyder, he is NOT a good director. Like, seriously, he is fucking SHIT. Say what you will about Wheadon's style, at least he knows how to properly shoot and edit scenes.
I dont know who would be a good match for it but seriously, anything but Snyder.
>>
>>81385301
Shut up. do you even hear yourself right now?

You must be a stupid man.
>>
>>81392132
Best I can remember was Lex knowing Bruce's alter ego, Superman suddenly not having his super vision/super hearing in the bombing and his mother's capture and Batman's manslaughter with him directly killing more than Superman has. (That last part wasn't a plothole and more of an unexplained 'does this Batman have the no kill rule or is that going to be explained in a sequel flash back)
>>
>>81392333
The intro, the warehouse fight and the laptop league scenes were the only scenes I wanted to rewatch.

That's not saying much though.
>>
>>81392421
You liking shit doesn't make it look less stupid.
>>
>>81392417
I disliked both AoU and BvS as disappointments, and I came in without watching any trailer save for some tv spots I couldn't avoide.
>>
>>81384375

Yes. I'm tired of this stupid meme that comic book movies should be all jokes and camp. The comic books haven't been like that for 40 years and I kind of retroactively blame 60s Batman Adam West for making Baby Boomers think that's what these characters are about. FTW Daredevil, Jessica Jones, DK, Watchmen, MOS, BVS master race
>>
>>81392333

"Fun" meme detected.

Every scene that had Batman, Alfred, Superman or Wonder Woman involved was "fun" for me. Wait thats 70 % of the movie. 7/10 for me.
>>
>>81392517
Same, but BvS was a bigger disappointment
At least AoU had some real nice eye candy, like IM vs Hulk, or the final scene of the Avengers vs the Ultron army. BvS has the Batman vs Lex thugs and maybe some of the WW scenes against Doomsday. BvS was junk in almost every regard.
>>
>>81392612
Alfred and Martha were pretty good at making me smile.
>>
>>81392423

>Best I can remember was Lex knowing Bruce's alter ego

Not a plothole. We aren't explained how Lex knows but there is never a period where Lex doesn't know followed by a moment where he does.

Clark knows who Bruce is because he hears Alfred talking to him. Bruce doesn't know who Clark is until he essentially reveals himself.

>Superman suddenly not having his super vision/super hearing in the bombing

Outright says he didn't look to Lois. Not a plothole at all. He just didn't use his X-Ray vision to look around the room upon entering it.

>Batman's manslaughter with him directly killing more than Superman has.

This isn't a plothole but it is a valid complaint. It's more of a contradiction. Even if Bruce lacks his rule it's a contradiction that stands out.

I have my problems with the movie but I swear some of you idiots didn't even pay attention. Half of the things I see pop up were explained. The movie is incredibly straightforward and easy to follow plot-wise. It's told in a pretentious way but it's still straight forward. Lex's motivation is probably the hardest thing to follow but even that is all there with no reaching. He practically spells it out.
>>
>>81392700
junk in every regard besides the costumes and the bat peripherals
>>
>>81392764
My nigga
What did you think of Batmans introduction scene?
>>
>>81392333
>It wasn't fun.
Fuck off with this shit. Go watch your dance off crap.
>>
>>81392759
Second part, doesn't still explain why he still didn't know where Martha was despite knowing where Lois was in the desert.

yes the wheelchair one was explained, I'll give you that. The worst part about the movie was that a lot of things went by too quick giving no sense of excitement save for camera angles and some CG eyecandy. Maybe some were mistaken for plotholes but it doesn't help that it felt like a clipshow because all these things were happening and the most the movie had were scenes featuring Bruce Wayne on a lot of things, less on Lex that wasn't with the senator.
>>
>>81385119
That, the piss jar, all the Christianity stuff, and every character acting like a retard.
>>
File: 1459312799816.jpg (60 KB, 746x399) Image search: [Google]
1459312799816.jpg
60 KB, 746x399
>>81392817
Bruce Wayne in the MoS destruction was perfect. I was surprised at Batman's destructive pursuit, laughing at the thought of /tv/ spouting "BATMAN OF MURDER" and wondering if they were going to explain his sudden lack of 'subtlety' or caution as a Batman character.

Biggest highlight was the human trafficking intro, definitely. The women shouting "THE DEVIL IS HERE, AND HE SAVED US" with the cops understanding jack shit was brilliant. The finally captured the dark stealth spookiness that he has, and the closest the Nolan films had for that was there during Batman Begins' dock scene.

Sad I remember more about the dark knight than the other guy sharing the title.

>The bat brand is almost a death sentence
>>
>>81392980
There's a good chance that he was just following the high frequency distress signal.
>>
File: 1313635671967.jpg (81 KB, 274x268) Image search: [Google]
1313635671967.jpg
81 KB, 274x268
>>81384597
>DUDE COMFY LMAO
>>
>>81393205
When the trailer showed Superman kneeling, I actually thought Lex had him in control, more than threatening the death of his mother. It was disappointing considering the range of his abilities was introduced to be near global.

When Ma Kent was getting kdnapped I honestly thought of the page of Pa Kent dying and Superman telling himself that he can save everyone and heading into the fields too late
>>
File: spooky.webm (1009 KB, 720x320) Image search: [Google]
spooky.webm
1009 KB, 720x320
>>81392817
Cool as fuck.
>>
>>81391919
You forgot to say "wrong side of history", familia.
>>
File: considerthefollowing.jpg (48 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
considerthefollowing.jpg
48 KB, 600x600
You know what is the big problem with DC?

They're chasing the edgy teen audience.

The problem though is that edgy teens of 2016 are the types who prefer watching anime like Attack on Titan or Naruto on Crunchyroll and play games like DoTA instead of going to the movies.

The edgy teen audience no longer exists as a viable movie-going audience. They do not have the purchasing power of edgy teens in 2005.

Hell, even furries have more purchasing power than edgelords. They should have made a Cheetah movie to steal the Zootopia audience.
>>
>>81393196

Why does a brand that shows you got the shit kicked out of you by Batman make you a pariah in criminalville? Shouldn't it make you part of the kool kids klub?
>>
>>81393686
How does one run on walls without spider man powers
>>
>>81394288
It was reported that the guy who got branded before was part of a child prostitution ring, and being a sex offender of minors almost means certain death if word gets out.
>>
>>81394288
Because he only brands people like sex trafficers and pedophiles, which are basically death sentences in prison as it is.
>>
>>81394072
What DC needs is to stop making shit movies.
Both MoS and BvS has terrible pacing, BvS has some of the worst editing Ive seen on a big budget movie, and for all the time and delays it took to get it released, it felt like it was a movie scrapped together in a few months.
They got to gid gud at actual film making. Heres hoping Suicide Squad wont suffer from these things.
>>
>>81394357
Bats crawl on caves too.
>>
>>81394484
MoS was a bit more watchable as it focused on Krypton a lot which benefits origin stories. Shame for its flaws.
>>
>>81394509
So batman has bat powers?
I dont thing the niggas weight to volume ratio would really allow that even if he did.
>>
>>81394484
Their movies suck because they keep rushing to chase after marvel and making concessions like getting Snyder to direct because no one else was available.
And it just turns into a shit movie which makes them rush even harder and so on and so on.
They're digging themselves straight into the grave.
>>
>>81389771
I refuse to let blame fall to anyone except the idiots at Warner Bros. and I'm disappointed that you think otherwise.
>>
>>81394484
this guy gets it, hell I would like to add that I would enjoy a more toned down super hero movies if the fucking director and/or writer didn't have their heads up their own assas.
>>
>>81394072
Nigga, there had always been furry movies before Zootopia, good ones like Kung Fu Panda or bad ones like Norm of the North. Zoo was unique that its main marketing was focused on "we're anthro animals!"
>>
Might as well rename it to Task Force X
>>
>>81392255
How's Superman dying again coming along?
>>
>>81385497
>>81388018
>>81388133
>>81388203
>>81388295
>>81388299
>>81389154
>>81394614
>>81392417
Why the fuck would anyone argue DC vs Marvel?

It's like arguing over whether it's more enjoyable being fucked in the ass or sucking cock.

Both capeshit and such sexual degeneracy are objectively terrible, unenjoyable and only justifiable due to our modern degenerate culture. Ultimately it doesn't matter whether you watch marvel or dc, or whether the cum ends up in your mouth or asshole.

You're a filthy degenerate for partaking in either. (cockuse or comicwatching)
>>
>>81391508
It's a sickness really, I've already caught it after watching Valhalla Rising three times in one week. You need to escape anon, run away before it infects you!
>>
File: football.jpg (369 KB, 600x712) Image search: [Google]
football.jpg
369 KB, 600x712
>>81394584
If it's anything, you can always pretend that his claws and boots have the option to activate their stick-em powers, or simple kleats.
>>
>>81394742
You used forms of "degenerate" three times in this post, along with three to five references to sexual intercourse.

That takes skill.
>>
>>81394742
>Why the fuck would anyone argue DC vs Marvel?
It's just moviefags being moviefags.
>>
>>81384375
That's hilarious considering their entire marketing campaign up to that point was LOOK HOW DARK AND EDGY WE ARE! JERID IS LITERALLY GOING CRAZY FORM THIS MOVIE!
>>
>>81394742
Heres your (You)
>>
>>81394742
New pasta?
>>
File: 1440013530268.jpg (47 KB, 350x339) Image search: [Google]
1440013530268.jpg
47 KB, 350x339
>>81385029
Well, sure. But that's literally the only good X-men movie.
>>
>>81394940
ye, I've seen it in a couple places and thought it was pretty funny so now I'm posting it whenever I see marveldrones vs dcucks fights
>>
File: Blade_movie.jpg (22 KB, 260x350) Image search: [Google]
Blade_movie.jpg
22 KB, 260x350
>>81394642
I blame Marveldrones and casuals who jumped onto the superhero bandwagon with The Avengers more than necessarily Marvel themselves (since its mostly these fans and the critics that have gone on and on about their obsession with "fun" and distaste for "grimdark" rather than anyone like Feige) although if not for Marvel we wouldn't be going down this route, so I definitely blame them. Prior to 2008, no one would have decided that every cape movie needs quips, regardless of how BvS did; Blade 3 and X-Men Last Stand didn't kill serious cape. WB's actions are irrelevant, and many critics have expressed a strong and vocal dislike of its tone, which they were set against before even seeing the movie. The death of serious cape has been a long time coming and its genesis can be traced to the MCU. No MCU means that things would have just continued as they were prior to it, before this obsession with giving everything one tone, back when no one even commented on the tonal difference between Batman Begins and Raimi's Spider-Man
>>
>>81394742

The important thing is that you feel superior to both, right?
>>
>>81384658
It had quips except the timing/editing made them feel flat
>>
Yes, that means they have no confidence the movie can pull it off on its own
>>
>DCucks bashes marvel for quips
>dc next universe building movie is doing reshoots to add quips

P
O
T
T
E
R
Y
>>
>>81384944
Well....he does have bleached skin you pleb
>>
>>81394449
>>81394453
Was Luthor a pedophile? Is that why he got branded
>>
>>81395648
>tell a buddy critics want that tone for movies
>no, what about Daredevil and Jessica Jones
>Those aren't movies, and the only good thing about Jessica Jones was Purple Man, just like anything else about Jessica Jones
>>
>>81395648
Oh no people like a fucking Whedon thing. Everyone likes Whedon things, you like Whedon things even though you pretend not too cause it's "cool". Whedon makes easy to eat and nice to digest things for the non-autistic audience and every once in awhile he makes a fucking masterpiece, usually though he just makes things that are good enough but with no true merits.

The problem is not "whedon quips" or "fun". It's that we have a board of 60 year old men who like golf trying to figure out what to do with comic books. My dad is a 60 year old man who likes golf and if I talk to him about movies and comics for more than five minutes he glazes so a board can't do much more. WE DO NOT HAVE SAFE HANDS FOR THIS FICTION. Say what you will about the odd sexism and slight racism of the guy who ran the Marvel brand but he at least knows what you do to make a fucking brand. GET TALENT.

Goddamn Marvel did nothing to this movie, incompetence did and I refuse to believe that any human with a mind can't see that money comes from understanding not rash idiotic behavior.
>>
>>81384983
Misleading trailers need to end
>>
>>81384658
You mean hipster Lex Luthor wasn't quip enough for you?
>>
>>81396263
I love that, that clickbait fear mongering spic has convinced everyone of this. Most of the major actors are even there. They just needed to reshoot some scenes with Killer Croc because his actor was previously unavailable. But no, please keep spreading that information because that fucks going to get his clicks when anyone googles that.
>>
>>81396467
He didn't get branded. He just punched the wall behind him and left. It was to show that Batman is back to his normal ways.
>>
>>81396585
Suicide Quips
>>
>>81395648

I love this idea that film critics, almost to a man, have all decided that they enjoy dark movies for every single genre except comic books. Movies like Sicario and The Witch get a critical cock-sucking despite both being darker then WB cape movie could ever hope to be, but apparently the one exception for something like 200+ critics is comic books.

This apparently makes more sense then Zack Snyder being a bad filmmaker.
>>
>>81385119
This.
>>
>>81396487
50 trailers needs to end. We don't need Teaser #1, Trailer #1 Teaser, Trailer #1 Trailer #2 Teaser, Trailer #2 Trailer #3 and a thousand TV spots and clips. Have 1 trailer and a couple TV spots. This shit has gotten way out of hand.
>>
>>81396587
I meant almost branded
>>
File: Batffleck stand alone.jpg (409 KB, 1800x1800) Image search: [Google]
Batffleck stand alone.jpg
409 KB, 1800x1800
>>81384375
I really can't comprehend if people can seriously believe these series of movies could be watchable. I mean I feel like freaking Rowdy Roddy Piper in They Live with the sun glasses that let him see all the black and white subliminal messaging.

I mean am I missing something that other people are seeing? They AREN'T blatantly terrible looking??
>>
>>81396744
He was just trying to scare him.
>>
>>81396645
People hating BvS is justified. But for most people they hate the movie for the wrong reasons. Movie would've been 8/10 had it not been for horrible pacing, choppy pacing, and certain plot points. People hating it because it's not like marvel are retarded, the last time WB copied Marvels movie making formula was Green Lantern.
>>
>>81384375
Adding a few scenes with a dramatically different tone from the rest of the movie?
Fan4tastic anybody?
>>
>>81396645
It kinda does make sense. I mean, even the writer of the Thor movie noticed something fishy about the reviews. It just seemed like everyone wanted to vent about Snyder and DC's grimdark approach.
>>
>>81396645
>I love this idea that film critics, almost to a man, have all decided that they enjoy dark movies for every single genre except comic books.
What is The Dark Knight?
>Movies like Sicario and The Witch get a critical cock-sucking despite both being darker then WB cape movie could ever hope to be
Maybe because those movies are actually good writing and directing while current DC movies do not.
>>
BvS was just a shitty movie, with or without quips. Suicide Squad taken as joyless and atonal as BvS? Yeah, it'd be a shitty movie.
>>
>>81395988
>>81396221
Why the fuck would anyone argue shitposting for bants vs for attention?

It's like arguing over whether it's more enjoyable being eaten out the ass or sucking asscock.

Both shitposting for attention and for bant degeneracy are objectively terrible, unenjoyable and only justifiable due to our reddit board culture. Ultimately it doesn't matter whether you shitpost for bants or attention, or whether the assjuice ends up in your mouth or mouth.

You're a filthy degenerate for partaking in either. (shitposting or asseating)
>>
>>81396871

> But for most people they hate the movie for the wrong reasons.

Zack Snyder has shown multiple times that he cannot handle anything even mildly thematically interesting if it's not taken verbatim from someone else's source material, and yet he keeps trying over and over again.

That's going to annoy any half-decent critic, it's no different from that glut of awful post-Se7en serial killer movies that tried to be SO DARK AND DEEP BRO and were all rightfully critically eviscerated because none of them actually said anything interesting. No one wants to watch a 2.5 hour long movie of a critic smelling his own farts.

>People hating it because it's not like marvel are retarded

Not really. MCU wants to be light-hearted family fun and succeeds, DCEU wants to be serious and deep and has failed twice. Artistic intent only means so much when the execution fails. Once the DCEU produces a movie that's halfway thematically coherent and isn't edited with a chainsaw then we can talk about Marvel bias.

David Ayer as already shown with his previous films and scripts he has a better handle on dark subject material then Snyder ever has. Let's see how that turns out before we start screaming about an international conspiracy.
>>
>>81397451

>of a critic smelling his own farts

*of a filmmaker
>>
Superman cant stop being Jesus.

Batman drops all his hate for the Alien, because "dude mom names".

Wooden Skeleton Wondy

Silicon Valley Lex
>>
>>81385800
>DREAM SEQUENCES
>FLASH FORWARD
>FLASH BACKWARDS
>DREAM FLASH
>GHOST DREAM DAD
>AWKWARD LUTHOR MOMENTS
>SUPERMAN FUCKING LOIS
>BATMAN MOPING
>'M-MUH JESUS' SYMBOLISM

It really was a jumbled mess of bullshit and the movie went through rampant tone shifts to the point where I couldn't help but laugh occasionally.
>>
>>81387242
If I had to choose one to see again, I'd definitely pick BvS over AoU. And I'm a huge Marvelfag.

They were both ass, but BvS had a little bit of merit and may actually have lasting impact on that universe. AoU felt like a really, really long advertisement with jokes and quips in between. Not that BvS didn't advertise shit as well, but my point remains.
>>
>>81399564
I can't choose between the two movies, but when it comes to the finale scenes, the Vision Ultron talk was a lot more emotional (that's not saying much) than Superman's untimely death.
>>
File: paying to see cape films.gif (175 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
paying to see cape films.gif
175 KB, 480x360
>watching cape movies
>having any expectations at all for cape movies
>>
>>81388505
Faraci was a fraud and a pussy. It was fatty Mcweeny that was right and has the balls to said it out loud.

>>81396263
If they went full quip then I will quit watching their movies, the only appeal to me is that they try to differentiate themselves from Marvel formula. And If I want to watch a light heart superheroes film, I already got Marvel no need to watch a sloppy seconds or pissed poor copy of them.
>>
>>81384375
It's common sense to not make your movies the same if it's in universe
>>
>>81384375
>Should we be worried?

No, because David Ayer is a good director. Snyder has never at any point of time been a good director.
Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.