[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people pretend the first season of this was not only bad,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: showposter.jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
showposter.jpg
24 KB, 300x300
Why do people pretend the first season of this was not only bad, but WORSE than the original Ben 10? It's probably the peak of the franchise in terms of story and characters before the rest of the seasons and other series took shit on any potential it had.
>>
>>81381327
I never finished the whole series, but I remember liking AF way better than the original.
>>
>>81381327
Care you explain why you think like that OP?
>>
>>81381327
I did like that Ben had matured a lot from the original series. Unfortunately that took away a lot of the charm he had and made him boring as fuck. Omniverse wasn't perfect but it was a lot more entertaining than AF.
>>
>>81381396
Well, whenever discussion on post-original Ben 10 starts, I see people dissing AF and UA as being worthless, and putting Omniverse somewhere in the middle ground (which I agree with, it was decent). But the Highbreed arc of Alien Force was an amazing story (ESPECIALLY when you compare it to the juvenile nature of its predecessor) and I never see anyone particularly focus on it.

>>81381422
Depends on your point of view. It's definitely a far different series from the original and they tried making all these characters more mature and human while putting them in a really bizarre set of situations.
Ironically enough, the time Ben DOES get more silly (starting from AF Season 2) is when the show starts plummeting down in quality.
>>
File: Rath_1.png (94 KB, 332x504) Image search: [Google]
Rath_1.png
94 KB, 332x504
>>81381327
Maybe. The series was trying to do something newer and smarter and didn't have anything stopping it with the exception of selling action figures. I do however believe that the characters were their purest and most focused in that first season.

Later episodes spread the characters a bit too thin. Although this guy (pic related) was by far my favorite personality.

"Let me tell ya somethin', guy!"
>>
>>81381327
dude i dunno, /co/ has a weird boner for stupid terrible immature shit. it's pretty clear that the mature era of ben 10 is the only watchable bits
flawed yes, but the only thing that wasnt a retarded baby-ass toon, and actually resembled a good serious action show, with a ton of great scifi influences.

but we cant talk about that on /co/. nor thundercats, young justice, or any other good serious shows that arent DCAU.
>>
>>81382774
i... didn't MIND him.. but i felt like he didnt fit the show
the episode where he fights the alien rednecks felt like i was watching something else.
>>
>>81383254
>with a ton of great scifi influences.

Yeah. Humanity being able to breed with people literally made of flaming rocks is such good sci-fi.
>>
>>81384024
no that part was fantasy. and it was pretty weird but it had good results
i was talking more about the half-life and doctor who feel
>>
>>81382774
Best alien.

Based alien.

I would whatch a show just with this nigga.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.