[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>was supposed to write a news article >writes high school
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 640x640
>was supposed to write a news article
>writes high school tier essay on what being a hero means to her
Her editor threw that schlock out right?
>>
File: ct karen.jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
ct karen.jpg
6 KB, 300x168
>>81375852
HERE'S THE REASON WHY I LIKE KAREN PAGE
>>
Didn't you get the memo? Journalism is just all-important pretentious blogging now.
>>
>>81375852
It's called an editorial, anon.
>>
>>81376803
A good editorial gives an informed opinion on a subject of importance. That was a shitty puff piece.
>>
She'll selling her snatch for drug money within the week.
>>
Who?
>>
File: 1454176452864.png (4 KB, 438x499) Image search: [Google]
1454176452864.png
4 KB, 438x499
>>81375852

>What is it, to be a hero?

I seriously cringed. Went back and watched the episode where Urich writes about Fisk, and the two don't even compare. Was this intentional? Did they intentionally make it that fucking bad?
>>
Start a piece with a question... first thing they teach not to do in high school composition.
>>
>>81375852
The moral is.... she may have been pretty ok at digging up info but that doesn't make her good at writing.
>>
File: tiger.jpg (100 KB, 780x676) Image search: [Google]
tiger.jpg
100 KB, 780x676
>>81375852
>Look in the mirror and see yourself for what you truly are
>>
>>81375852
It's New York though, they love that shit.
>>
>>81376898
It's called modern journalism, anon.

We're all sad. But look on the bright side, maybe the editor sent it back to her marked up like he was grading an elementary student's paper.
>>
>>81377047
Yes and yes. This was literally her first editorial. It's NOT going to be good.
>>
>>81377047
Yeah it was pretty bad. But it was her first piece after all.
>>
>ITT: no one has read the new yorker before
those faggots love that shit
>>
>>81377269
Still though, they did that whole thing where the person writing the paper at the end narrates the epilogue like it was something of value.
>>
I haven't finished the season yet but it's pretty stout compared to the first. Thinking back to the first season I guess I just rereading enjoyed the Kingpin and his presence has been missed in season 2. I just started the episode that details his life in prison. Punisher is cool but he only punished people for the first three episodes lol
>>
>>81377590
don't worry, there is more punishment to come
>>
>>81375852
The last two episodes fucked up. Maybe it's the rushed schedule, but so far, none of the three netflix seasons managed good finales.

Maybe it's netflix's policy to not allocate extra budget to the last episode, and the writers just try to make it epic with the same constraints as a regular episode, but so far, AoS still has had better finales.

S2 Ep12 (second to last) was really weird. They managed to not explain shit and leave most plot threads hanging.
>>
>>81377590
It's a big problem, I think, that the season doesn't have a legitimate big villain to occupy time. Fisk was so great and omnipresent, and neither the Hand or Nobu (getting sloppily rehashed for some reason) had the same impact.
>>
>>81377823
Eh, I didn't like Fisk much in season 1. He didn't feel intimidating enough, except for random rage moments (which ended up fucking him over anyway). I actually preferred the way S2 had the villains more in the shadows and focused on the heroes' arcs. Though it pissed me off how Foggy and Matt went through the exact same problems as in season one, except with somewhat worse results.
>>
>>81378114
Even if he wasn't intimidating, he was singular and present. It at least gives a good focus for plot structure and for someone to beat up at the end of the season.
Season 2 just didn't have a good bad guy to focus on (until they hastily brought back Nobu for a disappointing rooftop fight).
>>
>they actually killed Urich

God damn it, that character had a lot of potential.
>>
>>81378114
>Though it pissed me off how Foggy and Matt went through the exact same problems as in season one, except with somewhat worse results.
Yeah it's like they decided that they rushed through it too fast in season 1 so this time they want to drag it out. But dragging out a conflict we already saw is ridiculous.

Especially since this time it was 100% Matt's fucking fault. At least in season 1, well, how do you tell someone you have super senses? At first you aren't sure you can trust him, then once you're friends you aren't sure how to broach the topic.As long as things are cool why fuck with the dynamic?

But this time, okay, Matt wants to keep his two lives separate, okay, but keeping what he does hidden from Foggy who already knows, that's just stupid. At least tell him that Elektra is back and barring that he should at least have fessed up that what was getting in the way of the Punisher trial is the Kingpin shit wasn't done yet and the Yakuza were back. You DAMN well better tell Foggy that the Kingpin threatened you both because he's the kind of guy who might not actually wait until he's out of prison to fuck up your lives. And it isn't like he's going to forget Karen either considering she's been a pain in his ass since Union Allied.
>>
>>81380871
I'd watch a goddamn series that was just Ben sleuthing various heroes and villains. He's just so much goddamn fun and besides you could introduce more street level characters that way when they each get individual arcs or are spread out over the season instead of being the main focus.
>>
>>81375852
>high school tier essay
So modern journalism then. They probably tacked on a clickbait title and threw it onto the newspaper's website to reap in the blog views.
>>
Are New Yorkers this self-congratulatory in our universe or is this just something that emerged in the MCU after the Battle of New York? Do you think rent in Manhattan fell or rose after it was invaded and nearly nuked?
>>
That was probably the weakest part of the entire series.

wth was that
>>
>>81377721

I agree, I love the series but the final episode especially seemed rushed as fuck.
>>
>>81381447
>Why the Punisher is actually a fantastic hero and top 9 Daredevil flip kicks
>>
I seriously had no clue that Nelson and Cuck dissolved and Karen started working at newspaper
Very poorly handeled
>>
>>81377047
it would have worked in dean cain superman show but who the fuck does that in the edge run that is DD?
>>
>>81377269
journalism schools are overrated anyway. all you need is a drive.
>>
>>81381656
I hate page(as a person not as a character) but ninja plot was the weakest part
>>
>>81381895
>I seriously had no clue
Im sorry this show is made for people who actually watch it and not faggots who fold laundry while letting it run in the background.
>>
they pretty clearly stated that the newspaper was going down the shitter and publishing irrelevant drama pieces that sold well.
I don't know what you expected.
>>
>>81381895
What?
Are you retarded?
Foggy goes into the office, flat out tells Karen he's quitting, leaves and in the next scene Karen's meeting with the editor.
>>
>>81377721
DD season 1's finale was pretty good. Not stellar, Fisk really hurried into getting himself fucked up but the DD vs Fisk fight, costume reveal, and the hijacking all worked together pretty well.
>>
>>81375852
>what is it to be a hero?
>speech plays over cheesy 'feels' montage
The more I think about this season the more I realize how average it was
>>
>>81382395
This is a weird thing to say, but I think it actually focused too much on the superhero shit. Season 1 was more like a crime drama that just happened to have a superhero in the mix, I liked that a lot more than constant ninja fights.
>>
>tfw she will never suck all the blood out of your rock hard throbbing penis

just end my existence already
>>
I thought she was a secretary at a law firm.
>>
>>81382372
>s1 finale
The ill intent speech was funnier than it should have been
>>
File: Sad Llama.gif (455 KB, 178x195) Image search: [Google]
Sad Llama.gif
455 KB, 178x195
>>81382497
>We never saw her tits
>She'll probably never be a glorious redhead ever again
>>
>>81381595
Yes to the first. The latter is explained as the reason Matt and Foggy were able to afford their office; rent plummeted in that area because of the attack.
>>
>>81382482
I would have enjoyed the superheroics more if we'd seen Matt actually do some vigilantism instead of just blindly following Electra around like her sidekick. One of my biggest problems was that I felt like Cox was phoning it in when he interacted with Stick and Electra, because Glenn and Yung were both more compelling than him whenever they shared scenes with him,
>>
I hate this character SO MUCH
GOD
FUCKING
DAMN IT
I HATE HER
No seriously, shes so fucking bland.
>I WANT JUSTICE BUT I THINK THE PUNISHER SHOULD KILL EVERYONE
>Karen dont be stupid this isnt how the world works
> I WANT WHAT I WANT STOP MAKING SENSE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

FUCK
>>
>>81383162
you hate who the character is, not the character itself .
>>
>>81383501
>you hate who the character is, not the character itself .
wat
>>
>>81375852
>implying that journalism isn't dead and they printed her piece anyway
>>
>you're a hero because you live in New York
I thought it captured the narcissism of New Yorkers pretty accurately. I'm sure it was a smash hit with the city.
>>
>>81375852
>Wesley died for this shit
>>
>>81382515

And prior to that she was an accounts assistant. I still have no idea how she became such an ace paralegal without any mentoring.
>>
>>81389266
What did she even get an education in if at all?
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.