[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Write thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8
File: write.png (514 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
write.png
514 KB, 630x630
It has been a long while since the last thread so let's start with a few questions again:
>What are you working on, is it a comic or a cartoon?
>Can you sum up quickly the plot?
>Can you provide a link to your work?
>When do you expect to have finished it?
Answer the following questions if you are not the first poster in this thread
>What do you think of the work posted above your own?
>What would you change in that work (above your own) if YOU were the one writing it?
>Which work among all those posted in this thread (EXCEPT YOU OWN) is you favorite, could you explain why?
>>
>>81375667

Currently working on a series of comic bibles for my biggest collection of finished scripts (6 total) that I plan to use as the base of my largest story. In the meantime I'm also working on a 4 issue set script that I plan to send off to a publisher.
Biggest Story: My period dated 2000+ superhero universe where I try to take established concepts to their natural conclusion.
Four Issue Story: Father and son live on a farm and aliens attack. The sci fi backdrop accompanies a tale of two broken people who can't relate to one another.
http://renzy123.deviantart.com/art/Weird-The-Argonaut-1-422927306
Link to the first issue. Definitely still needs a little bit of work but I'm mostly satisfied with how it turned out.
When I'm no longer teaching this semester and the summer sets in.
>>
So is this a fanfiction thing? Can we do that whole schtick on /co/ ?
>>
File: 1250626570406.png (137 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
1250626570406.png
137 KB, 550x400
>>81375667
>>What are you working on, is it a comic or a cartoon?
Script for a symbiote comic I titled Tangled Web of Venom
>>Can you sum up quickly the plot?
A five arc comic to give some exposure to well known, and forgotten symbiote characters. It picks up on a lot of the stories and plot points from 2012 that were dropped
>>Can you provide a link to your work?
Here is issue 1, issue 2 will be posted up in tomarrow's symbiote thread. http://pastebin.com/mvsgPMrf
>>When do you expect to have finished it?
A long time from now, hopefully by the start of next year.
>>What do you think of the work posted above your own?
I think it's a very solid starts, if I had to guess I'd say that the story has been building for years now, a few ideas here and there cobbled togeather. I like it.
>>What would you change in that work (above your own) if YOU were the one writing it?
I wouldn't say how many panels are supposed to be on each page, artwork tends to get bigger than expected so I'd lve the panel to page count up to your artist, assuming that you're not the artist
>>Which work among all those posted in this thread (EXCEPT YOU OWN) is you favorite, could you explain why?
Ummm, it's the only one here, other than my own?
>>
>>81376807
I like your freeform script where you just provide panel descriptions but ultimately I would feel a tad uncomfortable handing that much control to the artist. I literally count the number of words per panel to ensure that it "fits". It may be a bit too structured for some artists, but i've messed around with the script format enough to get a good idea of what can and cannot be achieved on the page.
>>
>>81377296
It might be because I'm completely unable to draw, but I've found giving the artist enough slack to make a few changes here and there can lead to something even better than I had in my head. I haven't found anyone ro draw anything from the script, but when I do I want to be sure that the comic is as much theirs as it is mine. Really I just admire artists.
>>
>>81377787
I've started developing a mixed opinion towards artist partially because of how high and mighty many of them are when it comes to comparing work. Many artists think writing is simply mashing keys to manifest words on a page and call it a day and have no fundamental understanding of characters much less story structure.

Also, the game is rigged to help artist more than writers. For a struggling writer trying to get noticed, you have two options. Find a publisher that accepts full scripts or pair yourself with an artist and provide a sample of pages. The issue is the deal that must be struck between writer and artist and in all reality there's only two deals.

Deal 1: You pay the artist upfront for all provided work and they sign away any ownership they have to the property.

Deal 2: You partner with the artist and work out a deal concerning project ownership and how profits will be handled (no money exchanged upfront).

It's seriously fucked for writers.
>>
>>81377962
Yeah, the comic industry has always favored artists over writers, they don't realize that writing actually takes a decent bit of work, much more than just face rolling keys, but I'm still hoping that things can turn around for the better for the two of us and our projects. The few artists that I do know, I've known for years, and agreed to do a few sketches of whatever catches their eye from the script, and on the flip side, I took my script to a Drawthread last week and asked if anyone might be intrested in drawing anything from it, and I got btfo haha, it was pretty funny actually.

If you did enjoy the issue I urge you to join us in tomarrow's Symbiote Thread.
>>
>>81375667
bad and lazy question desu

but im going to asnwer them anyway

comic, but if i ever git gud and find a studio willingto help it will be a cartoon the last action cartoon of our times
nah too lazy
but im giving the basic, people travel to places to do stuff
no, its mine, nice try disney shill
sometime around next year after i finish a FE:A fic and a original story
>>
>>81378133
I would kill to have an artist bro who would just look over my work to give me some thoughts. And I'll def check out the symbiote thread. Venom was legit one of (and still is) one of my favorite characters (Eddie Brock Venom -- not so Space Venom). That being said, Remender's run on Venom was fucking fantastic.
>>
shit forgot the other questions
they sound nice and would totally read/watch them
>>What would you change in that work (above your own) if YOU were the one writing it?
symbiote one since symbiote fetish
>>Which work among all those posted in this thread (EXCEPT YOU OWN) is you favorite, could you explain why?
the symbiote one since symbiote fetish, but the first one sounds really nice, so i guess both
>>
>>81378133
writers are a dime a dozen. everyone thinks they can write.
>>
>>81378311
We look forward to seeing you there tomarrow then anon. Brock and Flash will both be featured in the comic in later issues, but the first 4 or 5 are setting up the problem that the whole series will be dealing with.

Also, not to shill or anything but, Space Venom was pretty bad written by Bendis, Thompson has worked his magic and made Space Knight pretty enjoyable, not as enjoyable as Philly Venom, but better than Bendis Venom. It's worth checking out if only for the artwork. Also Carnage has been pretty top notch and worth checking out.
>>
>>81378428
>Also Carnage has been pretty top notch and worth checking out.
SOLD!!!!!!
>>
File: Carnage__2015___006_015.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Carnage__2015___006_015.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>81378783
You have no idea what you are about to read, hope you enjoy the ride
>>81378386
We all have a symbiote fetish anon, we all do.
>>81378419
Don't tell that to Bendis, he'd shit
>>
File: Cage_couv3.jpg (3 MB, 2480x3507) Image search: [Google]
Cage_couv3.jpg
3 MB, 2480x3507
>>81375667
I will try fishing for critiques aimlessly once again
"The way back home" (original title: On rentre!). A cartoon about ordinary children abducted by aliens that must try to find the way back to Earth.
Two children, a brother and a sister both the same age, are abducted by aliens while they are alone on holidays. The aliens lock them up in a Zoo on another planet, far away from Earth. Later the children manage to escape from the Zoo and must spend the whole series travelling across the Milky Way trying to come back home. They are helped in their task by a giant bounty-hunting alien and a Chinese astronaut (who also got abducted).
All of which I have translated in English is here
http://pastebin.com/p3vp7Hcv
My goal would be to get author rights by summer so I try speeding up the work rythm. For the moment I am finishing the third episode. I have also found a lot of new ideas for worldbuilding: such as atmosphere, temperature, day/night cycle, soil type, gravity field and environment for each planet.
I guess it's this one >>81378261 The problem is that there's not enough description, so I don't know what to think of it.
>What would you change in that work (above your own) if YOU were the one writing it?
No idea, for the reason cited above
>Which work among all those posted in this thread (EXCEPT YOU OWN) is you favorite, could you explain why?
Probably this one >>81376464 but it has a lot to do with the fact that there is material to read. Also supeheros are not my thing so I could not understand much about "Tangled web of Venom".
>>
>>81380357
I really like the idea you have here, it makes me think of the whole "You can't go home again", there is a sort of tragic future there because you know that once (if) the kids make it home it won't be the same any more, not after a space adventure. I didn't read your pastbin, but the description that was provided got me excited about this. I really hope you get your author's rights and manage to have this cartoon picked up because it sounds excellent.

As for not really getting into Tangled Web, I can understand, cape comics aren't for everyone. Again, I really hope your cartoon gets picked up because it sounds like it can bring the feels and stay packed with fun.
>>
File: Marche3.jpg (815 KB, 3507x2480) Image search: [Google]
Marche3.jpg
815 KB, 3507x2480
>>81380631
Thank you for the answer.
If you have time to read the pastebin what do you think I should fix in the plot?
>>
>>81380926
After I get done putting issue 2 up on my tablet (I hand write everything first) I'll check it out, I have about 50 panels to go, but for now I need to finish this and clock out of the work day. But from what I've read, I like.
>>
Worldbuilding for what might eventually become a comic
In the far future, a group of aliens investigate the disappearance of elite human soldiers while their pet cyborg has an existential crisis.
Nope, just gathering materials and creating species right now.
Hahaha. Ha ha. Ha.
>>
>>81381281
Hey man, keep at it, Tangled Web of Venom went through a few years of brainstorming before I actually started to put it all togeather. I'm sure with time this could be epic.
>>
>>81381434
Thanks, dude! I figure even if the comic never comes together, I'll at least have some fleshed out OCs I can make art of.

Next questions:
"The Way Back Home" sounds pretty cool. I like the concept, a metaphor for growing up, but I think it could easily slide into a "planet of the week" type of show. The way you came up with it based on your own lived experience sounds really cool. Would probably watch.
Make it in English? idk
The symbiote one sounds fairly interesting, I like symbiotes.
>>
>>81381281
My advice is to construct a comic bible that has all important dates, organizations, characters, and events compiled in one source. Because my comic incorporates multidimensional travel, I had to create multiple bibles per universe. Try to create a sense of chronology for your characters and the structure it provides make peppering in the fun details all the more easy.
>>
File: superiorironmanarmor.jpg (288 KB, 1130x594) Image search: [Google]
superiorironmanarmor.jpg
288 KB, 1130x594
>>81382090
>I like Symbiotes
We'll see you in the thread tomarrow anon
>>
>>81382239
Goddamn do I miss Superior Iron-Man's chrome symbiotic armor. Sleek, sexy, futuristic, and it lights up in ways that please me.
>>
File: 2015-01-29 00.10.32.png (1 MB, 981x775) Image search: [Google]
2015-01-29 00.10.32.png
1 MB, 981x775
>>81382462
Just wait until Scorn speaks with it, you'll find out a speical little something about the Superior Armor
>>
File: Cage_couv_ombres2.jpg (1 MB, 2480x3507) Image search: [Google]
Cage_couv_ombres2.jpg
1 MB, 2480x3507
>>81382090
>But I think it could easily slide into a "planet of the week" type of show
Do you have read the episodes list?
>>
>>81375667
I gotta start making theses threads again and change up the style of questions. This stuff is getting stale.
>>
>>81382673
>>What are you working on, is it a comic or a cartoon?
I'm working on a comic about a little girl who is a magical girl
>>Can you sum up quickly the plot?
A little girl named Suzy, finds a ring that transforms her into a loli bitch magical girl with super strength and has the powers of swallowing bad guys to gain more loli bitch powers
>>Can you provide a link to your work?
Not yet
>>When do you expect to have finished it?
Late 2016
>Answer the following questions if you are not the first poster in this thread
Seems alright
Make sure the aliens have some great likable attitudes
>>Which work among all those posted in this thread (EXCEPT YOU OWN) is you favorite, could you explain why? The alien one if it's executed correctly
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.