[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats up with the anti-hunter, anti-vegan position of Western
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: Open Season flick.png (733 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
Open Season flick.png
733 KB, 1000x562
Its alwasy been really weird, to me, that cartoons always portray hunters as evil but are fine with people eating meat. Is this just because it's made by a bunch of Hollywood queers who have never seen more then 5 trees in a row but love their tendies to mcuh to give them up?

Family Guy, American Dad, the Simpsons, and pic related have all come to the conclusion that hunting is bad, but also that eating meat is fine (and people who do not are, perhaps, worthy of your ridicule). This makes no moral sense, to me. please explain?
>>
Hunters are seen as evil because animated movies and cartoons involving hunting are often seen from the animals' point of view.
>>
Examples Clayton from tarzan. And Gaston from beauty and the beast
>>
A lot of movies have animals as their main characters. They don't like being shot at or killed and so they see the hunter as a villian.
>>
Beast Boy, Aang, and Lisa are the only vegan /co/ characters I can think of.
>>
>>81375576
Beast boy's vegetarian.
>>
>>81374374
Because eating meat is fine, but stroking your own ego by killing a dumb animal from a distance with a gun is kinda pathetic. If you're going to hunt, give the animal a fair chance or your just mastubating.
>>
Hunting is bad if you're a woodland animal or if you're doing it solely for sport.
>>
>>81376942
>stroking your own ego
wot.
>>
>>81376942
>give the animal a fair chance
forgot to quote this and say wot again.
>>
>>81374870
>>81375308
This. Either that or it's from a similar perspective, like Tarzan, as >>81375268 mentioned.

I also think that people generally don't think as much of it because they don't see eating the cows and chickens we've actually raised on our own as something that disrupts nature. Then again, you do see the same sort of shit about farmers if it's a story set on a farm like Chicken Run.
>>
>>81375576

Damian Wayne is a vegetarian.
>>
File: FarSide-Bear2.gif (86 KB, 413x500) Image search: [Google]
FarSide-Bear2.gif
86 KB, 413x500
>>81377170
>>81377199
Yeah, either hunt it on its level, with a knife and natural traps, or you're just masturbating. Pic related.
>>
>>81377359
>knife and natural traps
That seems needlessly cruel and painful.
>>
>>81377359
How is it just masturbating, anon?
>>
>>81377419
It is. It causes undue stress and pain and suffering on the animal. It's illegal in most areas to use traps unless you're a native american.
>>
>>81374374
What's with all the vegan talk? What happened to plain old vegetarians? You know, those who don't eat meat but allow cheese or hot chocolate? Or is it considered too normal now?
>>
>>81377419
I don't care about animal welfare, or else I'd be a vegetarian. I just don't find hunting an animal with tools way beyond their evolutionary level all that impressive.
>>
File: Davy_Fess.jpg (62 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Davy_Fess.jpg
62 KB, 500x375
>>81377359
>hunt on its level

Ok, go out into the boonies with a knife and grin the bear to death.

I'll wait.
>>
>>81376942
What if I'm just trying to save money on groceries and keep the local deer population down?
>>
>>81377515
1) Bow hunting is a thing
2) You believe that firerams are a sure fire superlatively easy way to cull game. This is far more erroneous than you realize.
>>
>>81377515
Most people just want to eat their target prey not risk life and limb, which is why most predators target old, young or the sickly before anything else
>>
>>81376942
>fair chance

Animals can sense you about 100-200 yards away. You'd be surprised what kind of smell a person gives off in nature.
>>
>>81377648
A gun is fine if you just want to taste some wild game for a change, but don't call it a trophy if you snipped it from a 200 feet away,
>>
>>81377611
Wild game is several fold better for you than domestic cattle and poultry. Not only in subjective measures such as taste, but objective measures such as fat and protein and nutritional content, according to the USDA.
>>
>>81377708
It is a lot harder than you seem to think.

Get off your high horse.
>>
>>81377708
Shooting is not like what you see in video games.
>>
>>81377708
Where I live, the vast majority of game culled and processed is donated to local food pantries to feed the impoverished and needy.

At this point you should start feeling like an asshole.
>>
>>81377739
If you were a real man you'd fight those animals barehanded, like how Zangief wrestles bears. Guns are for cowards.
>>
>>81377842
Using fantasy to argue how people should behave in reality is a poor argument.
>>
>>81377842
Yeah, and maybe when a bear is about the weight of an average man will that be at any point an even fight.

So until then, you can just fuck off. Just because you have a gun doesn't mean you can put up a decent fight against a bear that runs 30 km/hr

So again I reiterate. Fuck off.
>>
>>81377913
>>81377929
I defeated a wild boar with my barehands. I guess you guys need to try harder? Go back to /k/ with the other wimps.
>>
>>81377973
Prove it.
>>
>>81377973
>boar = bears

Hey, I can hold a puppy in my arms with no problem. That must mean I can strangle a wolf at ease, right?
>>
File: keepgivinembait.jpg (103 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
keepgivinembait.jpg
103 KB, 1280x720
>>81377973
Over extended. You were doing well until here.
>>
>>81377973
Piglets don't count.
>>
File: How tough are ya.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
How tough are ya.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
Fuck vegans
>>
>>81377913
Nigger, you are on 4chan, on /co/, complaining about cartoons. Fuck the fuck off with your baiting fuck and fuck yourself in your nigger fucking fuck hole.
>>
>>81378036
>>81378089
I doubt what he said is true, but you're really downplaying how dangerous boars, especually wild boars, can be and are.
>>
>>81378196
I wasn't complaining about cartoons. I was telling him that, "you aren't zangief who wrestles bears so you aren't a real man!"

No, because zangief isn't real and nobody is. Because that's a fantasy. That's like demanding that people be peter parker.
>>
Anti-hunting autists don't know that hunting is not only about sport, but it's also to keep animal populations in check and in balance. Regardless the actual topic was already answered in two posts.

Also:
>Elmer Fudd
>presented as evil
pick one.
>>
>>81374374
Because it makes for a simple, understandable conflict between funny cartoon animals

There's nothing going on besides basic plot structure, you asshole.
>>
>>81376942
Then aren't they still evil for supporting slaughterhouses which give nothing resembling a fair chance?
>>
Why are you assuming that a person has to hate eating meat to think that hunting for pleasure is unseemly?

But the real answer is Bambi. Bambi and regional cultural clashes as seen by everyone in the thread.
>>
File: 1459608043313.jpg (55 KB, 329x475) Image search: [Google]
1459608043313.jpg
55 KB, 329x475
>inb4 someone posts those shitty vegan strawman comics
>>
>>81384121
You mean most comics created by Vegans?
>>
File: Scott_pilgrim_fight Todd Ingram.gif (3 MB, 3600x2700) Image search: [Google]
Scott_pilgrim_fight Todd Ingram.gif
3 MB, 3600x2700
>>81375576
Aang is just Vegetarian, he'll eat eggs, milk, ect.
You can add that Super Vegan guy from Scott Pilgrim though
>>
>>81374374
If animals were openly sapient, then they wouldn't be hunted. Hunting sapient animals like Bambi and the animals in Open season would be morally wrong for sure, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with killing non-self-aware animals for food.
>>
Anti-vegan sentiment is pretty dumb because not eating something is one of the least offensive things someone can do, yet someone not eating something is exactly what triggers some people. Even the most popular joke "how do you know who's vegan? They'll tell you" comes from the fact that people eat together and offer food.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.