[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>its a "the army is evil!" episode/comic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
>its a "the army is evil!" episode/comic
>>
File: 1452707687850.png (10 KB, 240x402) Image search: [Google]
1452707687850.png
10 KB, 240x402
>There's a nobleman/woman
>They aren't evil, inbred scum
>>
>>81371914
The Simpsons?
>>
>>81371914
I want to think of one /co/ related example but my first introduction to this trope is the Half Life marines.
>>
>>81373767

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.I._(Annoyed_Grunt)
>>
>>81373767
Hulk
>>
File: Marines_One_day.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Marines_One_day.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>81371914
What are the marines from one piece?
>>
>>81371914
it's sad, there IS a lot of good 2000s media. especially standup comedy. but when you go back and watch it, the HURR BUSH BAD WAR BAD LOL shit is so fucking painful to relive
and yet, at EVERY turn, these messages sabotage themselves and become arguments against it.. which kinda fixes it. early revival doctor who especially. they'd even apologize for some of it later and be like 'oh wait, harriet jones was right'
>>
>>81373767
HL: Opposing Force shows the other side of that story, so it's not even like that is in full force in the Half Life series.
>>
>>81375856
>defending Bush and the Iraq war

Americucks everybody
>>
>>81375834
They are pretty much depicted as the good guys. There are a few corrupt ones, but we have to remember that our protagonists are pirates. Granted they are nice and friendly pirates, but most of the others in this world aren't.
>>
>>81375856
>and yet, at EVERY turn, these messages sabotage themselves and become arguments against it.
But Bush was an idiot, and the Iraq War was essential to the rise of ISIS. I'm not sure how hindsight has vindicated him.
>>
>>81371958
>nobleman/woman
>actually believes in chivalry and treats those below them with kindness and decency
Based Keladry.

I know she's not /co/, but I don't give a shit. Kel is best Tortall girl.
>>
File: mr burns.jpg (8 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
mr burns.jpg
8 KB, 224x225
>>81371914
> It's a "the army is filled with pent up teenagers who were promised fame, glory and women but are instead eating rectum bursting MREs in bumfuck nowhere with nothing better to do to pass their time than blow shit up and troll the locals." episode
>>
File: 1458062526402.jpg (30 KB, 359x400) Image search: [Google]
1458062526402.jpg
30 KB, 359x400
>>81371914
>It's a "the government is EVIL" episode

Are there any shows that actually portray the government as doing something right for once?

Only thing I can think of is maybe Independence Day where the U.S. gov actually manages to fend off an alien invasion. Or Men in Black or something.
>>
>it's a "army takes extreme measures to archive their goals which they believe they are for the greater good" villain
>>
>>81371914
The Army isn't evil

It's just the worst, most restrictive parts of any modern corporation you can imagine. All the rules and regulations of a desk job with all the love and care you expect them to give a guy whose job is literally "die when we give the signal."
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.