[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AQUAMAN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault~01.jpg (533 KB, 1611x1079) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault~01.jpg
533 KB, 1611x1079
>James Wan directing

What are you expecting?
>>
>>81370721
I am just curious how they gonna do underwater scenes. Like, are they gonna do like the cameo and have him obviously holding his breath, or cgi or what?
>>
>Okay Horror director
>Mediocre leads
Not much
>>
File: Aquafun.gif (690 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
Aquafun.gif
690 KB, 500x368
"Fun"
>>
>>81371162
I would love it if Momoa ended up outrageous. Everyone is assuming he's gonna be like conan of the sea or something, so it'd be even more surprising if he ended up "fun"
>>
>>81371464
I hope they go with the Batmam the brave and the bold aquaman.
>>
>>81371464
The original book version of Conan is fun. The shitty movies have never done Conan justice.
>>
>>81370721
a shitty film just what Aquaman deserves
>>
>>81371581
Well, he's "Fun" sometimes in the movies, too, just in a very one dimensional, kind of "big dumb musclehead" fashion.

You can't deny the appeal of him punching out a camel or horse, or that prayer to Chrom.

I still like the book one more though, yeah.

I like a bit of color and actual wit in my Swords and Sorcery protagonists. It's why I like Fritz Leiber and Clark Ashton Smith. Although the latter frequently has "appearing one time only" characters and ones with poor track records for necessarily surviving. Still, the way he writes them is amusing. But it would be. A lot of the time he's making fun of them/serving up a helping of "you deserve this you stupid bastard". Makes sense given the pulp magazine ouevere he was writing for, but the sheer lushness of his fantasy and humor of it, well.

Course I also like pulpy stuff for it's own sake, too.
>>
File: 1459608816740[1].gif (3 MB, 270x152) Image search: [Google]
1459608816740[1].gif
3 MB, 270x152
I iexpect a lot of laughable action
>>
>>81370721
I wonder if they'll address that he's half-human, or just have him be full Atlantean.
>>
>>81371529
That is the greatest aquaman. Imagine if at the Justice League movie, all the heroes are just showing up in flashy ways making a dramatic entrance, that Aquaman, just shows up in an "Aqua-Van" that's just a Minnie van painted orange and green or something and just fucks around.
>>
Bad acting
Terrible script with cringeworthy literal 'fish out of water' segments.
Cool creature design
>>
File: 1384393627207.jpg (497 KB, 908x2207) Image search: [Google]
1384393627207.jpg
497 KB, 908x2207
There better be Black Manta
>>
>>81372037
you know its gonna be Orm. Hopefully Manta shows/is the villain of the sequel
>>
>>81371835
We already know they're going with the lighthouse origin, which I'm happy about.

>>81372037
Manta is gonna be in the sequel if there is one because everything needs to be written as a trilogy nowadays.

>>81371464
That would fucking blow. I loved BatB but that Aquaman has nothing to do with any existing comics version.

Just because BvS was drab doesn't mean they have to go in the polar opposite direction and make it fucking Guardians of the Galaxy.
>>
>>81371837
>Minnie van
>Minnie
>>
>>81371581
FUN is subjective

i thought those "shitty" movies were hella FUN

asshole
>>
>>81372292
Blame WB, critics, and Snyder. Snyder fucked up first, critics went overboard with shitting on a 5/10 movie at worst, and WB decided that they needed to make everything "fun" now. I hope Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman don't take any hits from this, but I'm losing faith in Warner.
>>
>>81372493
I want to believe. I'm one of the complete tasteless faggots that really liked BvS, though, so I don't want to necessarily ruin it for everyone else.
>>
>>81371464
But Conan is fun. And OUTRAGEOUS.
>>
>>81370721
I wanna see crazy sea monster shit
>>
>>81372531
I'm kinda with you. I liked MoS (at like a 7/10 level, maybe 6/10) but I was disappointed in BvS. It was a lot of posturing with very little actual superhero work. The Trinity was good with Bats being great, and the Daily Planet crew was pretty good. Alfred was fantastic, but all these characters couldn't make me love the movie. It felt boring, and Superman was almost never happy. Once Lex finally talked to Lois and set his plan in motion, that's when I really started enjoying the movie, since shit was actually happening. Oh, and they blew their Superman dies load way too fucking early.
>>
>>81372352
Minnie is painted on the side, obviously.
>>
>>81370721
>James Wan
Who? I'm jot from /tv/, I don't recognize the names of actors or directors. Who us this person , what have they made, and why should I care?
>>
>>81372531
>>81372715
BvS's drab tone would have been tolerable if there was any catharsis at all to Supes' arc/character. His whole career in this particular universe has been nothing but suffering.
>>
>>81372114
>>81372292
Do Throne of Atlantis with Manta as the Surface viian and Orm as the antihero.

Also I hope they make him like legit autostic
>>
>>81372808
>Supes has been suffering for two movies straight, which would be about 3-4 years in universe
>He's dead
>Zack figured he'd kill off Superman because "it would be cool if Batman went out and gathered the seven samurai"
This fuck clearly doesn't like Superman. The only Trinity member he somewhat got right was Batman. Even then, I'm sure Affleck carried him through the process. And Gadot knows Wonder Woman better than Snyder does, which is good. That fucking smirk in the Doomsday fight
>>
>>81372292
Isnt Aquaman a classic surfer bro dude?
>>
>>81372985
I don't think he's ever had that interpretation. He ranges from underwater king arthur to grumpy mullet man to OUTRAGEOUS.
>>
>>81372979
>That fucking smirk in the Doomsday fight

I will admit, I got a stiffy from that.
>>
>>81372783
use google you fucking moron
>>
>>81371720
It's assumed the guys from the FF movies have short bursts of superpowers. Can we go now?
>>
>>81373144
Or we could stop /tv/ posting on /co/
>>
>>81372037
Well? Do fish believe in God?
>>
I'm expecting a film that has the title Aquaman but hasn't have anything to do with Aquaman.

Just look how dark that poster is, Aqua is not a dark character.
>>
File: 11498-493769904.png (87 KB, 245x304) Image search: [Google]
11498-493769904.png
87 KB, 245x304
>>81373253
>Aqua is not a dark character
Damn, right she isn't!
>>
File: Man of Steel 2.jpg (82 KB, 400x616) Image search: [Google]
Man of Steel 2.jpg
82 KB, 400x616
>>81372985
Huh? No, not really. At least not that I've ever read.

One of my favorite versions of Aquaman (not necessarily the one I want in the movie though) is Mark Waid's in JLA Year One. Some of the interesting things about him he had was he was very nervous and insecure on the surface because he had been living in Atlantis for the majority of his life during that post-Zero Hour continuity, he was a stranger in a strange land. He had a soft speaking voice because sound waves are more intense underwater so Atlanteans don't have to speak as loud, and he had a slight accent.

The movie, according to Momoa and Johns, is heavily based on the Johns version despite the look being clearly inspired by PADquaman. I like both versions so I'm ok with either but personally I like the more Silver Age inspired Johns version.

>>81372715
>>81372808
>>81372979
I'm glad we can have a pretty amicable BvS discussion, wasn't expecting that on weekend /co/.

I would argue with the statement that Snyder doesn't like Superman, though. I think he's clearly grown up with the post-Crisis version though, because MoS had a lot of influence from, well, the Man of Steel and obviously BvS has lots of Death of Superman shit in it. Most people still think of Superman as his Silver Age/early 80's version, though. Also I have to wonder how much of BvS and MoS were Goyer/Terrio and how much was actually Snyder. Goyer pretty clearly dislikes non-"realistic" heroes so would be extremely partial to Byrne Superman, and I have no idea what Terrio's opinions on anything are.

But yeah it was retarded that there was absolutely no established contrast between Batman and Superman, which I didn't expect after the Turkish Airlines ads. Superman is always shown in dark, stormy lighting with a stern expression. I'm not saying they should have gone full-All-Star but a little more contrast between "night and day" like Luthor said would have made the movie 100 times better.
>>
The three Fs.

Fastness
Furiousity
Family
>>
>>81373502
Oh, and let me say that I think FaF could be the perfect basis for the tone of Aquaman: actiony, slightly over the top, but not self-aware and stupid about it.
>>
>>81373502
Its like the movie couldn't decide if it wanted to humanize Supes, or raise him further into mythological proportions. You get nice little scenes like the bathroom scene and "You're my world", but then the rest of the movie would end up falling back on too much Jesus imagery, with Supes descending in slow motion into a crowd of people pawing at him. And the fight itself was played too straight. Supes should've spent the entire time talking Bruce down, but every time a chance would open up for him to talk, Snyder would have him throw punches instead.

Fucking hell, Snyder really dropped the ball on Superman
>>
>>81373806
To be fair, Batman had it coming.
>>
>>81374017
If anything, Superman should have got more offensive. But no. Gotta make Batman look strong!
>>
>>81373806
With the fight, I can get behing the idea of Supes getting kind of pissed at Batman and trying to take him down a notch, especially when Batman started to actually get the upper hand. But there definitely should have been more attempts at trying to be reasonable with Batman. Justice League War was a shitty fucking movie but the early conflict between Superman and Batman was done much better.

I think maybe what they were going for was that Superman was conflicted about being the Space Jesus the public wanted him to be when he was really just human, but then that was never actually resolved and was suddenly replaced with him being conflicted between being an alien and being an Earthling, which came out of nowhere.

It was like they had some good ideas but never settled on any of them and so none of them felt satisfying or made you actually like Superman. Like maybe they were trying to show the progression of him becoming a hero which they failed to show in MoS by having him do the stuff with rescuing people, but in practice he was so grim about doing all that it seemed more like he was suffering than being heroic.
>>
>>81373806
>Its like the movie couldn't decide if it wanted to humanize Supes, or raise him further into mythological proportions
It wanted to do both...and that's the correct thing to do. There were other problems with the movie, regarding Superman, I feel like he has very little extended screen time. But the direction they went with is that he's a god living amongst mortals. There are scenes showing him try to be human, but at the end of the day he's not human, he's a god.
>>
Aquaman thread, anons start talking about BvS.
Come on, /co/. There are like 8 threads for BvS.
>>
>>81372037
>black guy
>bad
>>
>>81375709
Yeah and all of them are full of complete dumbfucks and shitposters.

This is literally the first time since the movie came out that I've been able to actually talk about it in a manner where nobody is sperging the fuck out.
>>
>>81375807
Manta is the hero we need.
>>
>>81370721
If he lives underwater, why does he have long hair? Wouldn't that get in the way and float in his face a lot?
>>
>>81376352
Only if he's moving backwards. Otherwise it has a tendency to go up, not down around his face.
>>
Very slow attempts at looking cool underwater.
>>
>>81370863

That's the whole problem, they'd have to make all the underwater scenes either CGI, or in domed, waterproofed cities.

Or most of the film will take place on dry land. Which would suck and be a waste.
>>
>>81370721
Nothing.

I expect legitimately nothing from WBs superhero films. It doesn't bode well that their leading man is yet another guy who can't act.
>>
>>81376858

>Aquaman movie

>Let's take him out of the his enviroment and put him in our world

>Thor flashbacks

>He-Man flashbacks

Please no. No more of this bullshit. It's just a way to cut costs!
>>
>>81376858
It's not like this is the first ever movie that takes place underwater. They can do a lot by combining footage of people in water tanks with CGI.
>>
A good movie actually. Maybe a little unique even.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.