[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ok so how bad will the new justice league show be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
File: jla.jpg (507 KB, 1500x2250) Image search: [Google]
jla.jpg
507 KB, 1500x2250
>>
>>81370714
Hard to say considering we know next to nothing about it.
>>
It will be good.
>>
I like the art style so far
>>
>>81370714
It looks like it'll have a pretty wide cast of characters, at least.
I can't have any faith it'll do it better than Unlimited or Brave and the Bold, though.
>>
>>81370714
According to that "insider", CN already hates it and will kill it unless it becomes a huge hit.

I mean, it could be BS, but it sounds too depressingly realistic to be false.
>>
>>81372077
What "insider", can you provide thread link?.
Also when is this supposed to air?
>>
>>81370714
>10 minutes each episode
Please don't be like Teen Titans Go!
>>
>>81372218
11 minute cartoons have existed since the 90's, maybe even earlier.
>>
>>81372218
>please don't be hilarious with a new hit song every other episode
I mean sure, we already have that, why would we need another
>>
After Spectacular Spider-Man, Avengers EMH, and Batman BatB I'll never judge a show by the first look at its artstyle again.
>>
>>81372401
>TTG
>Hilarious
Maybe if you're 7
>>
>>81372634
if you don't think Serious Titans wasn't the greatest then I pray for you
>>
>>81370714
Who's making it?
Like, showrunners, writers, directors.

>>81372077
"Insiders" are almost always just bored, lying anons.

But I expect him to be accidentally right.
CN's been treating new shows pretty badly lately.
And executives are stupid enough to think this will distract from TTG.
>>
>>81372757
Alan Burnett, Jim Kreig, and Butch Lukic, all DC veterans, are showrunning it.

Some of the writers include Jonathan Callan, John Semper Jr., and Paul Dini, and I think Krieg and Burnett are doing some episodes as well.
>>
File: sad-batman.jpg (24 KB, 650x333) Image search: [Google]
sad-batman.jpg
24 KB, 650x333
>>81372077
>CN already hates it and will kill it unless it becomes a huge hit.
>CN hates it

it'll probably be really good and portray the characters well and as good friends and allies.

It'll get very good ratings and damn good viewership and not meet some invisible made up 'projection' that they probably pulled from their ass after they already saw the numbers and they'll kill it after two seasons on a cliffhanger.
>>
>>81370714
DC does a good job with their television work, I'm not worried.

I really like this style. Very appealing to all audiences. Hopefully it'll be lighthearted, its what they need after BVS.
>>
>>81373245
YJ, GL:TAS, and BtB were killed because they had no toys or the toy sold badly.

This show's survival will depend if it has a toyline and if that toyline sells.
>>
>>81372717
>Serious Titans
That's not how you spell The Fourth Wall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn-GBbx_VG0
>>
>>81373338
After bvs no one is going to buy the toys and the show is going to be sabotaged.
>>
>>81372077

In that case, it sounds like it's a great show.
>>
File: amethyst.gif (144 KB, 400x460) Image search: [Google]
amethyst.gif
144 KB, 400x460
>>81373338
Also CN doesn't make money from the toys, only from the advertising.

DC Animation needs to fucking ditch CN, they had the right idea doing Vixen for CW instead of CN. Or at the very least give CN shows like TTGO and the DC Nation shorts (Plastic Man, Amethyst Princess of Gemworld and Super Best Friends Forever shows when) and action cartoons on Netflix.
>>
>>81370714
I wouldn't speak too soon about it. Everyone thought that Batman: The Brave and the Bold was going to be bad, and look at how that turned out.
>>
I wish DC/Marvel would go full Japan and release some games for it
I find myself replaying MUA this year, I could really fucking use a new JL game, or anything, really
Not mobile shit either, gods no
>>
>>81373807
Marvel will probably never do a non-mobile game again now that they're with Disney.

WB seems dedicated to being a big gaming publisher with the LEGO games and MK and the Batman games but they have yet to even approach the DCU. Maybe they're waiting for JL or it's too soon after Flash started airing to have anything out. But the games are such no-brainers in terms of design.

I'm about to try out Superman: Shadow of Apokolips on Gamecube just to satisfy my desire to play as Supes.
>>
>>81370714
>The character sketches in the background look good.
>The fully colored characters in the front look like shit.

Why?
>>
>>81370714

>Darkseid, Hawkman, Zatanna, Blue Beetle, Plaz and Billy all in the background

muh dik
>>
>>81373245
Spectacular Spider-Man
>>
File: batJUST.jpg (9 KB, 177x203) Image search: [Google]
batJUST.jpg
9 KB, 177x203
>>81373282
>I really like this style. Very appealing to all audiences. Hopefully it'll be lighthearted, its what they need after BVS.
It's already confirmed to be the opposite of BVS.
>>
>>81375777
Not Dark is Not Good
>>
Either;

1. Insultingly bland and boring as fuck with tiny bits of awkward humor IE Avengers Assemble and Hulk Agents of Smash
2. Unfunny and obnoxious with insufferable characters you want to violently strange IE Ultimate Spider-Man and Teen Titans Go
>>
>>81375799
Dark is no good either.
I think this show might be god, i hope it turns out how BtBB did, when everyone was shitting on it but it ended up been the best Batman show ever.
>>
>>81372489
/thread
>>
>>81375799
The brave and the bold was good and that only had like 2 dark episodes.
>>
>>81376097
So you've never seen Batman: The Animated Series?
>>
As long as it has some level of being an action show i'll be happy.

I read somewhere that CN has no interest in shows that have action as opposed to comedy though, so im not too optimistic
>>
>>81373088
Sounds like it'll be fine.
>>
>>81376617
It's a show that was influential for its time and changed the game, but that has no reflection on how the show stands on its own.
>>
>>81372077
>CN already hates it and will kill it
Stu Snyder's objection to airing DC property-based cartoons was twofold:

-- DC expected CN to pay them licensing fees to do so despite both of them being owned by the same parent company

-- WB treats all DC shows bar TTG as loss leaders for selling toys even when they're highly rated and/or selling exceptionally well on iTunes and Snyder resented having his decisions made for him on this matter. They and not CN were responsible for YJ's and GL's hiatuses as excuses for cancellation

Stu was an irascible fuck but he was right on those two points and I doubt his replacement doesn't privately think the same.

DC would be better off forming its own television network and leaving CN alone.
>>
I hope it'll be batman tbatb tier
>>
>>81370714
No one knows anything about it.
>>
>>81381174
>DC would be better off forming its own television network and leaving CN alone.

Do they have enough content to justify that?
>>
The art style is really familiar.

Did this guy ever put out a couple of "How to Draw" books? I think I had them when I was younger.

Ben Caldwell, I think that was his name
>>
>>81384543
Ben Caldwell is a comics artist but I don't believe he has anything to do with this art style
>>
>>81384543
No, Shane Glines. He's contributed art for some DCAU stuff, Gotham Girls, Justice League: Gods and Monsters, and Beware the Batman.
>>
>>81370714
Why do they all look like teenagers? Mystery League of Justic Inc.?
>>
>>81384415
>Supergirl
>Arrow
>Heroes of Tomorrow
>Flash
>Gotham
>Lucifer
>Preacher coming up
>Teen Titans GO!
>Justice League: Action soon
>direct to DVD movies
>zillions of cartoons, live-action shows, and theatrical films to do reruns of

They have plenty of content. The only question is whether or not people would watch a DC-only network.
>>
>>81385220
I would.
>>
>>81371922
are you fucking kidding me -___- ?

It looks like a 2 year old show like that
>>
>>81385220
>>81385271
Me too
>>
>>81385281
The 12 year old doth protest too much.
>>
File: FILE1836.jpg (172 KB, 365x530) Image search: [Google]
FILE1836.jpg
172 KB, 365x530
>>81385271
>>81385558
>>
>>81370714
At this point it will be a miracle if anything DC related turns out to be good. I'm hoping, but they're shitting across the board so consistently it's hard to be optimistic. Is this the worst point in DC's history?
>>
>>81385220
I certainly would tune in and check it out occasionally but I am not certain if they would have enough variety for me to watch it constantly.
>>
>>81370714
Is that Constantine on far middle left?
>>
>>81386754
>Is this the worst point in DC's history?

Well, there was that period of time between WWII's end (and the resulting cancellation of most superhero comics) and the revamping of the Flash in '56, but that's more of a low point for the entire superhero genre than DC specifically.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.