[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did /co/ like Grant Morrisons Action Comics run?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (278 KB, 618x950) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
278 KB, 618x950
Did /co/ like Grant Morrisons Action Comics run?
>>
It's pretty much defining run of Action Comics.
>>
>>81367435
I thought the first few issues were a bit underwhelming but it picked up really well after.
>>
>>81367435

It was pretty great. Superman and the Men of Steel was really good. And the t-shirt jeans look is fucking genius. It's really fucking good. It would've been better if Morales could keep up a monthly pace.
>>
>>81367435
I liked it, but I also hadn't been reading Superman for 20 years prior
>>
imagine if it was sprouse on the actual issues and not the back ups
>>
>>81367435
I've read up to the of volume 2. Is volume 3 worth reading. Is the mrxlpk stuff done good?
>>
It had some great, if not God-tier, moments but there were parts that really dragged, and this is coming from a Morrison fanboy. As far as New 52 Superman runs I personally prefer Pak-tion comics.
>>
It's good but the art almost ruined it.
>>
>>81367695
A lot of stuff set up in the two volumes only get resolved in volume 3.
>>
>>81367509
How his jeans doesn't get destroyed?
>>
I wish they did more of what they did with the first issue, showing more if superman's early career in his jeans fighting social problems like in his first appearance
>>
It's incredible, probably one of the most entertaining, fresh, and smart superman stories ever.
>>
>>81368315
This. I was hoping Pak's run was going to return to young Superman after the teasers for #25 showed it off, but his stuff ended up being pretty good anyway.

>>81368173
The oldschool, silver-age BS explanation for Superman's clothes not getting destroyed is that anything he wears that is right up against his skin is enveloped in his aura of invulnerability.
>>
>>81367456
Shut up.
>>
It's great. It also has one of the only fifth dimension story lines that would work as a movie and I would enjoy seeing.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.