[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who would win?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (320 KB, 1023x766) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
320 KB, 1023x766
Who would win?
>>
Whoever the writer wants to win they are fictional characters.
>>
File: mickey.jpg (214 KB, 597x760) Image search: [Google]
mickey.jpg
214 KB, 597x760
>>81366714
Disney, as they will soon own DC too.
>>
>>81366714
superman can take on all the avengers on his own
>>
>>81366798
Except the hulk
>>
>>81366806
he can hurl the hulk into the sun
>>
>>81366798
Superman can't handle batman lol. I love the guy but he's a joke now.
>>
>>81366754
Real talk; what are the chances of Disney acquiring DC within the next, say ten years?
>>
>>81366798
>superman can take on all the avengers on his own

And Flash can take down everyone in OP's image.
>>
>>81366714
Hulk and Thor are the only people who could even give the JL any trouble and they'd still lose
>>
>>81366880
Flash got beaten by deathstroke, widow would just trip him.
>>
DC will win easy.

DC writers will just give superman, Flash no limits and make the rest OP when compared to Marvels crew.
>>
>>81366838
Unless someone wants to fight them for Monopolization of comics.
>>
>>81366838
I'd say 50/50. They either will, or they won't.
>>
File: 1381013560712.gif (142 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1381013560712.gif
142 KB, 200x150
>>81366838
Fairly good, if DC/WB don't pull something really really big, they are going to get got. I can't wait.
>>
>>81366714
That pics shit
Silver Surfer
Vision
Gladiator
Hyperion
Thor
Hulk
they could take on the JL/ strongest of DC.
>>
>>81367081
Now you went too far the other way.
>>
>>81367111
Let's list the heavy hitters from DC (don't read them much):
Superman
Shazam
Martian Manhunter

vs

Hyperion
Thor
Vision
>>
>>81366714
DC characters are OP as fuck, so these teams, they will win easy, you would need a cosmic team from Marvel not the Avengers, the Annihilators would have a better chance for example.
>>
>>81367143
Superman
Could go either way
Probably Martian
>>
File: Ultimates_1_Promo-1.jpg (258 KB, 1032x1566) Image search: [Google]
Ultimates_1_Promo-1.jpg
258 KB, 1032x1566
>>81366714
Better matchup right here.
>>
>>81367166
I agree. Hyperion would at least last a while
>>
>>81367270
>last a while
>implying they wouldn't beat eaachother bloody and senseless
>>
>>81366714
How is DC even a thing? I legitimately get nauseous whenever I see a DC comic.
>>
>>81366714
DC
Flash and Superman duo could gank every hero in that pic combined
>>
>>81367402
this.

Let's put all of DC's strongest against Marvel's strongest. (heroes only otherwise we'll be here all night)
>>
File: 1414087527027.jpg (39 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1414087527027.jpg
39 KB, 500x375
In the Avengers vs Justice League cross over Superman, the Flash (on the DC universe where he can tap in to the speed force) and Green Lantern were shown to be able to handle and defeat all of the Avengers together by their own, one of the points made by said cross over is that the characters of the DC universe, good or evil, are way to powerful, even Thanos being defeated easily by DC characters and the Avengers surprised someone like Darkseid could even be real.

The only Justice League member who was "defeated" by an Avenger was Batman, who recognized that he wasnt able to defeat Captain America but then the two of then went together to save both universes and what not.

>Wonder Woman defeated Marvel's Hercules and the whole of Asgar

It was alright

>that panel of Superman with Captain America's shield and Thor's hammer

meh

But yeah, basically the cross over made the point that DC universe's characters are way to powerful and super humans and the like are common things while on Marvel's universe super powered beings are a recent phenomenon and not so powerful

>the Avengers jelly and mad as fuck because everybody loves the Justice League and everybody and their mom has super powers

>Superman mad as fuck because of the mutant persecution and Marvel's super heroes not raping Doom because of muh political immunity
>>
>>81367568
What qualifies as a hero? What about guys that tend to be neutral most of the time?
>>
>>81367143
Superman
Shazam
Captain Atom
Flash
Wonder Woman
Dr Fate
Maybe Green lantern
Probably a lot more that I forget
DC heroes are gods among men. Marvel heroes are just men and woman with powers.
Its not faur to compare them
>>
test
>>
http://strawpoll.me/7258357

Vote here you fucking idiots.
>>
>>81367698
Please consider suicide.
>>
>>81366826
Sorry son, but Batman has never been able to beat Superman.
>>
>>81367648
There are plenty of Omega level mutants and cosmically powered people in Marvel they're just doomed to obscurity.
>>
>>81367648
Silver Surfer, to literally all of that.
>>
If everyone is at their normal power levels with no balancing bullshit to fuck it up, DC wipes the floor with Marvel (and I say this as a huge Marvel fan who doesn't care much for DC). The only potential threats on Marvel's side are Hulk and Thor. Thor doesn't have mary sue levels of invulnerability, so Superman, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern could just wail on him until he's unconscious or dead. He might be able to arguably stand up to any one of them individually, but there is no arguing that all 3 of them would destroy him. Hulk could be out of the fight in 3 seconds, Superman just has to throw him into space and he's a non-issue. The rest of them could be handled by the Flash alone.
>>
>>81367865
Marvel doesn't new how to use these characters so if they show up too much they job and eventually get nerfed permanently.
>>
>>81366714
It depends on if we're talking about those specific line-ups, or all of the Avengers vs all of the Justice League.

Of those two specific teams, the Justice League wins easily. Superman and Flash could take out any one of those avengers easily. Thor would probably be a match for Green Lantern WW and Aquaman, but not all of them at once. Similar for Hulk. But they couldn't carry the team.

However, if we're talking full Avengers line ups, the Avengers have had more ridiculous hax characters, albeit briefly. There's also people like Pym, who can pull utterly ridiculous super-science out of their ass to a degree that no one in DC does. I'd give it to a full Avengers line up.
>>
>>81366714
JL wins on the first round due to overcompensation but Marvel has six more major teams they have to work through before they can murder all the civilians
>>
>>81367143
Why bother including J'onn and Vision? They will both accidentally off themselves before the fight even starts.
>>
>>81367967
That's only because Marvel consistently doesn't put most of their top tier characters on the Avengers, there are several Marvel heroes who could take on the entire JLA at once and win. JLA vs avengers, League wins. JLA, JSA, Legion of Doom and Legion of Superheroes all at once against Silver Surfer...Surfer stomps.
>>
>>81367143
Thor isn't a heavy hitter
>>
File: Retro Reed Richards disgust.png (88 KB, 257x291) Image search: [Google]
Retro Reed Richards disgust.png
88 KB, 257x291
>>81367648
>DC heroes are gods among men. Marvel heroes are just men and woman with powers.
Still being a retard that believes this.
>>
>>81368048
Go read some comics buddy.
>>
>>81368048
But he hits people with his hammer, and it's heavy.
>>
>>81366838
no chance.
WB will never sell them.
>>
>>81366714
Kind of unfair seeing as how everyone on that JL image is a heavy hitter with exception to Batman where as Avenger's only heavy hitters are Hulk, Iron-man and Thor.
>>
>>81367865
>>81367883
>>81368049
Please see>>81367600
As he said it much better.
The average DC hero is much more powerful than the average Marvel hero. Its a difference in philosphy really. And again conparing them is stupid but since you want to the fact remains that DC's hero and villians are for the most part beyond Marvel's in a big way
>>
>>81366714
Flash alone disbalances the whole equation. No need to mention how stupid his powers are.
>>
>>81368104
I don't care.
>>
>>81368048
>Thor isn't a heavy hitter
>killed a Supergod, aka Skyfather
>killed several God of Gods
>killed Chimera God that was compose of and empowered by thousands of Gods
>defeated as killed God Butchers/Slayers, aka the Kryptonite of Marvel Gods
>capable of fighting a cosmic battle across the universe
>capable of driving off Galactus, a feat Darkseid failed to accomplish
>fought and defeat several Superman analogs
>fought and defeat several of Galactus's Heralds
>survived a the point-blank detonation of a timespace reality killing God bomb
>closed a dimensional tear by punching it very hard
Does not commute
>>
Okay Reed and Doom with a box of junk VS the JLA instead.
>>
>>81368401
>box of junk
That's Tony. Reed needs several weeks alone in his lab.
>>
>>81368104
Yeah, and Surfer wasn't in that comic was he? Don't bother answering, I own the series and already know he's not.
>>
>>81368420
And if he was? He would still lose to someone on the team like firestorm or another energy manipulator.
>>
>>81368104
Kid, Surfer is pretty much the Flash combined with Captain Atom, with the mind of a Krypton-level genius. Not only does he control the four fundamental forces of reality, he's fast enough to ravel through time with perfect accuracy, and with no repercussions like when Flash tries it. Say the League and Surfer were to fight. Flash's opening move is an IMP or speed steal. Surfer's is "You are all now made of sand." Surfer wins.
>>
>>81366714
I don't know exactly how powerful the 52 line up is next to the pre 52 but I'm inclined to give this to them, I'm just not seeing ways for tha Avengers to counter them in most cases.
>>
>>81368475
See >>81368483
>>
>>81368475
Nigga what?
>>
Avengers is not the team for JLA fighting.

That's more a Defenders or Annihilators thing.

Or just add the rarely used heavier guys to Avengers. Silver Surfer, Quasar, Photon, Sersi, and Nova should do it.

The Avengers are a mix of the popular heroes of the setting, they are not meant to be the single most powerful entity in the universe. The JLA are the "Big 7" that are supposed to stop all universal issues as they appear.
>>
>>81367643
Sure why not
>>
>>81368048
Read a fucking comic.
>>
>>81368048
Thor is what Marvelcucks consider a heavy hitter
>>
The Flash could take on everyone in that image on both sides by himself.
>>
>>81367823
I seen the movie, batman beat him like a bitch that owed him money. Accepted this is the new reality now
>>
File: Murdering_intensifies.gif (318 KB, 506x415) Image search: [Google]
Murdering_intensifies.gif
318 KB, 506x415
>>81366714
Man of Murder will take all of them on by himself. No neck is safe
>>
>>81370426
Flash can't even defeat a talking gorilla and some faggot with toys.
>>
>>81366838
WB would never budge like that. There's a much better chance of Disney buying FF/X-Men from Fox and snatching Spidey from Sony.
>>
>>81366714
The Justice League is way too fucking strong. I love both Marvel and DC, but like anons have said, DC has higher power levels in general. A better matchup would be the JL vs some Cosmic and Mystic Marvel characters. That's where shit gets wild.
>>
>>81371495
but he does beat them
>>
>>81371166
Sorry Batfag, but there were literally a dozen times Superman could have killed him had he wanted to.
>>
>>81366806
Didn't not!Superman just knocked out the Hulk on that New Avengers issue?
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.