[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's time to stop pretending that this is a good movie.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 500x750
It's time to stop pretending that this is a good movie.

Reeve is good. The music is good. SOME of the first half is good.

Everything else is bad. Luthor is terrible (Otis, muh land), Lois can't act, and the effects are beyond bad, sonething like Star Wars holds up much better.
>>
>>81365418
>the effects are beyond bad,

This is the only thing I'll contest.

But the first half started the Super Jesus shit plaguing us right now, and Jor-El as Super God. It gave the Kents the short end of the stick. He's not Superman because Jor-El ordered him to, but because the Kents raised him to be that way.

American Alien is great because it totally avoids these pratfalls. So is Birthright and Byrne's MOS.
>>
>>81365418
>You will believe a man can fly

People already believed with the TV show.
>>
It's just nostalgia and silver age shit.
>>
>>81365490
>He's not Superman because Jor-El ordered him to, but because the Kents raised him to be that way

it's a shame the movies make Jor-El more important than he needs to be, The Kents did all the real work raising him.

Adopted Parents deserve to be given some respect.

and no i'm not adopted.
>>
>>81365418
it doesn't have to be good, it just has to be better than every other supe movie, which is not a difficult feat
>>
>>81365531
Superman 2 the Richard Donner cut, Superman Returns, and Man of Steel+BvS are all better than the 1978 movie.
>>
>>81365528
>>81365490
It's really too bad they wrote Costner's Pa to be like the opposite of what he's supposed to be, since he could do the all-American supportive dad role easily.

Golden Age Superman didn't even know who Jor-El was until he time-traveled.
>>
>>81365418
Favorite super hero movie. Better then any marvel movie I've seen.

The fun of superman is not that different then the fun of One Punch Man. It all comes from giving someone impossible situations then sitting back and seeing how they resolve them.
>>
>>81365418
>it's time to stop having opinions i dont like
>>
>>81365566
>superman returns
>man of steel + bvs
>better
heh
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.