[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daredevil S2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 26
>Spends most of the show talking about his no killing rule
>S2 last episode has him throwing Nobu off a roof so that his teacher can behead him when he lands on the ground, while Punisher provides covering fire by headshotting all The Hand Ninjas

What was your biggest gripe with Season 2 /co/?
>>
Confirmed for not watching the show carefully.
Fuck off.
>>
The point of the season was Matt slowly coming to terms with the fact that ninjas aren't people and killing them is alright.
>>
>>81364704
This.
>>
Karen didn't die, and elektra "did". I really wasn't feeling elecktra at all and her fight scenes seemed like something from a late 80s action movie.
>>
>>81364577
Ninjas are dumb and ruined the show's gritty, semi-realistic tone.
>>
>>81364577
How is that a gripe? Daredevil still didn't kill anyone.
>>
>>81364799
I wasn't feeling Elektra either, but I liked her as sort of a vehicle for introducing Matt to the Hand and shit.
>>
>>81364825
>something about a serious Japanese show about taking down organized crime and then a bunch of cowboys with lassos show up
>>
>Matt confesses to Elektra he wants to run away with her after he defeats the Hand

What happened to the guy who risked his life every night to protect the locals of Hell's Kitchen?

>tfw Elektra died and Matt went back to Karen
>>
>>81364825
Confirmed for not getting the references the show was making all last season and for not being familiar with the source material it was adapting.
>>
>>81364945
>Elektra staying dead
>>
>>81364704
The scene where Matt goes on a full rant arguing how Asians aren't better than dogs and deserve to serve the white man or die was pretty impactful.
>>
>>81364870
That would be fucking incredible
>>
I'm not so sure if you can wait redemption from zombie brainwashed ninjas that are already dead. Are they even human at this point?
>>
>>81364945
Matt had pushed everyone away and was feeling jaded because for all his effort he still ended up putting people in danger.

Plus they thought they were both going to die and were lying to themselves so they could work up the will to fight.
>>
>>81364577
Nobu already died so it doesn't count

I mean Daredevil would kill zombies right?
>>
>>81365008

>Not the courtroom scene where Punisher claimed Irish are the niggers of the white race therefore he's not guilty of mass murder
>>
>>81364964
any adaption that relies on foreknowledge of the source material to make sense is a shit adaption
>>
>>81365008
It got a little heavy handed when he started screaming "TWO NUKES WASN'T ENOUGH". We get it already.
>>
>>81365026
The Hand are often killed by the heroes that fight them because they kind of tend to die even if you capture them.
If you just knock them out they usually commit suicide (usually in a way that dissolves their bodies somehow) rather then go to prison.
>>
>>81365040
It doesn't rely on it at all you dumb nigger.
>>
>>81364945
they blatantly telegraphed that the hand will revive elektra and make her evil for more shitty angst
>>
>>81365040
But it doesn't
>>
>>81365036
>Matt had pushed everyone away

Thats part of the problem; he was a huge douchebag in S2. Made worse by the fact that everybody suffered in some way by listening to him, Claire got fired, Elektra died, Foggy got screwed in the trial etc.
>>
>>81365040
Any assumption that you know the genre and substance of an adaption before you even watch it is a stupid assumption, since you haven't actually finished watching the adaption at all.
I won't say that the person MAKING the assumption is stupid, but they certainly jump to conclusions fast about material they know nothing about and haven't finished watching or seen yet.

I don't know about you, but I withhold my opinions until I get the facts, I don't just make up my mind what a show is going to contain until I've actually seen it.
>>
>>81365069
But that was a consistent character arc. The other post made it sound like he just whimsically decided to quit and live happily ever after.
>>
>>81365069
How was he a douchebag

He was trying to fight ninjas, not a lot of time be best buds and shit
>>
>>81364945
He was lying, dumbass

They both thought they were going to die
>>
The whole ninja mysticism shit was clearly to pave the way for the Iron Fist series. Daredevil S2 = Iron Man 2.
>>
So next Season they need to continue the whole Elektra-Hand-Black Sky shit, Karen's brothers death, Punisher's backstory and Fisk's revenge on Murdoch. Looks like the writers will have their hands full.
>>
>>81365100
I bet he THOUGHT about explaining it to Foggy at least, but going into detail about the insane undead ninja cult probably sounded crazy to him, since even HE didn't believe it at first.
Hell, he remained skeptical about the undead part right up past the end. It'll take Elektra coming back for him to change his mind there.
>>
>>81365140
Fisk figured out he's Daredevil I think.
Notice that slight pause he has as he wipes the blood off his lip where Matt hit him before asking for all the info he has on Matt?

That was him realizing that he's been hit like that before.
>>
>>81365174

If they want to do the 'Born again' storyline for S3 they shouldn't do the ninja metaplot. Or maybe split the season between two stories.
>>
I expected the Hand and Blacksmith plots to be connected somehow to give Frank a reason to join the last fight. Instead he just showed up to be a bro. Which is cool I guess but a little underwhelming.

Also didn't like the brain damage thing. It makes the Punisher into a symptom, which is less interesting IMO.

Jon Bernthal did an incredible job. He was a little too... Cowboyish? to be MUH COMIC PUNISHER, not deadpan and emotionless enough, but this was his origin so maybe they're getting there. Either way that's not a huge gripe because unlike a lot of people I don't mind adaptions taking a few liberties with their portrayals.

All in all still 9/10
>>
>>81365197
I'm anticipating S3 to be Fisk-focused with Bullseye, and the Hand taking a back seat and working in the shadows again.
>>
This season sucked. Frank had absolutely no character arc and his "story" ended up eating into The Hand plot which was weak as fuck. Character motivation was also bizarre for Daredevil (that scene where he just decides he wants to start killing bad guys and even Frank is all WTF). Also the fight/action scenes seemed a lot... I don't know... less impactful? Like the hand-to-hand stuff was almost Arrow tier and some of the gun action was incredibly lazy (first scene of Frank killing bad guys was just him shooting them through a fucking window and them dying as slowly as possible).

And where the fuck was Stone? You tease the shit out of him in the first season and he's no where to be seen. And that exposition scene with Stick just sitting on a couch and explaining everything was soooo bad.

This season was a letdown in every sense of the word for me. But I knew it wouldn't be as good as the first season since all the original showrunners left and they put a damn writer in charge.
>>
I feel like the fights had gotten worse from season one.
Especially against the ninjas who are supposed to be better at fighting than regular thugs, yet most of them went down after one or two punches.
>>
>>81365247
S3 is gonna be them doing Born Again, with Karen likely spinning into a downward spiral with drugs or something.

The Hand stuff will probably be a subplot at best.
>>
>>81364577
>Punisher was pure edgelord Fedora shit
Every time he recited that nursery rhyme thing he sang to his daughter I cringed so fucking hard. That's so fucking corny. His speech in the graveyard was lame too. This whole season felt like a middle schooler's attempt at trying to stop the Punisher from being a 1 dimensional character and hes pretty much the main problem with the season.

>Elektra is dead guys!.... Except shes not, we know the Hand wants her and can bring back people back to life so let's just bury her and hope they forget!
Fucking horrible finale, that is just plain bad screenwriting.
>>
>>81365069
>Thats part of the problem; he was a huge douchebag
Yes, welcome to Daredevil comics, friendo
>>
>>81365069
Man, come on.

He was trying to fight a cult of undead ninjas. UNDEAD NINJAS. This wasn't something he could really put on the backburner.
>>
File: daredevil-stick.jpg (208 KB, 721x405) Image search: [Google]
daredevil-stick.jpg
208 KB, 721x405
>>81364577
I loved season 2
loved DD's new costume
Frank kicked ass
As much as I want to hit Karen in the face, the budding romance between her and Matt was hot
That Elektra was great, despite being very different from the comics
Loved all the ninja shit, dgaf
loved Kingpin subplot
BASED STICK
Scott Glenn was fucking born to play stick
Loved the Paul Verhoeven/Frank Miller feel of a lot of the eps
>jalopie shoot up with arrows
>grappling hooks outside the hospital windows

My only gripes really were that they didn't introduce elektras good costume until the last ep

Also, the final fight-- there were like 50 ninjas coming after them, and then why they got outside there were like 12. I understand TV and budgets and shit, but damn, it would have been badass if there were like 100 ninjas, DD and Elektra feel certain they are going to die but will go out fighting, and then all of a sudden Frank starts mowing the ninjas down with the mini gun. Instead, instead Frank just headshots like two ninjas that DD didn't even really need help with

But those are my only real gripes. I thought S2 did a good job of escalating everything, raising the stakes, and bring in some supernatural stuff that was hinted at in S1

I know a lot of people didn't like the ninja shit, but I say fuck those people.
>>
>>81365140
I don't think that Frank will be a big part of S3. I'm sure he'll show up for an episode or two, but I think he'll be getting his own series.

I think it will be Fisk and Hand
>>
>>81370104
Him meeting Micro will be the pilot. Cant fucking .

Someone post his costume shots from the last episode. Netflix just expired want to see the Punisher
>>
>>81365009
>Magical cowboys
>>
File: 1439732682118.jpg (210 KB, 932x857) Image search: [Google]
1439732682118.jpg
210 KB, 932x857
>datscene where the punisher gave covering fire
MUH DICK
holy shit
>see you, Red

OH GOD MY DICK
I want more punisher
dunno how
dont care but give me more
>>
>>81369529
Please, Frank was better written here despite that his backstory and motive is purely "MY FAMILY IS DEAAAAD". Of course they needed him to feel like a psychopath and a deterrent to Daredevil's code of vigilante honor. Otherwise he'd just be as quiet as Thomas Jane
>>
>>81370440
>tfw we'll never get a Marvel Knights series because of CG budget cuts for Ghost Rider

Well, what are the chances of vampires, Morbius and Blade?
>>
>>81366963
For me, it's that a lot of them take place in poorly lit areas. Others, too much shaky cam and no lighting for this season's hallway battle.
>>
>>81370484
But that's the problem. No matter how well the Punisher is written, hes always gonna be "Angry Guns Guy" because that's all there is to him. His family was murdered, and that's where he begins and ends.
>>
>>81370484

Tom Jane was a good Frank with the wrong movie though. He would have slayed it in an R-Rated Frank based on "Welcome Back, Frank"

Reminder that someone on this gay earth greenlit a PG-13 Punisher movie.
>>
>>81370562
It's harder to write for him in present day unless you put him in DD S1's environment of "everyone you meet is working for the kingpin" and would justify paranoia or mindgames side plot development for this killer vigilante.

I think Netflix Punisher would be boring if all he's going to do is find the Blacksmith.
>>
File: download (3).jpg (6 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
6 KB, 183x275
>>81364945
DareDevil has always been an emotionally selfish person in the comics to the point where he hooked up with just about every woman he met and at least in "End of Days" had illegitimate children with everyone he ever fucked. Pic related
>>
>>81365122
In the sense of getting the audience to accept, maybe. But The Hand were created and put into Daredevil at the same time as it was made gritty.
>>
>>81370821
Weird how they never mentioned his super sensitive skin during sex. Imagine how fast he'd ejaculate with his x-ray penis.
>>
>>81370753
That's all the Punisher ever does. He has no inner conflict and is too stubborn and one-note to ever change his mind. Frank is a boring character, period.
>>
>>81370953
Have you read any good Punisher because let me assure you there is plenty out there.
>>
>>81370953
You can make him not boring by having a couple of interesting side characters, but that would make them be fodder for shock value.
>>
>>81364577

Matt's no-kill rule is garbage. It's totally arbitrary and isn't backed up by anything aside from his desire to not feel bad about taking a life, and an old book that told him not to. If you have a no-kill rule, it has to be well considered and thought out.

Batman doesn't kill because he understands himself better than anyone else, and he knows that if he started to kill, with just the Joker, then he'd slowly run out of reasons not to kill the rest of his rogues gallery. And then he'd move on to the rest of the populace.

Superman doesn't kill because of his extraordinary senses, and his ability to see the way that every life connects to every other life. He knows how dear we all are to each other, and so, he doesn't kill anyone.
>>
>>81371020
Anti-Venom's a nice Punisher story but it's because it's a team up with an ex convict.
>>
>>81371020
I read the first volume of Ennis' Punisher Max and Kitchen Irish but this was like 7+ years ago
>>
>>81371064
No kill rule in general is a bit off. I just use the headcanon of "if DD is proven to be a killer, the police will be hunting him as hard as they were with Castle", and with Stick goading about he was right about Matt being a good killer after all and Elektra being wet about it.
>>
File: 1455210830263.jpg (82 KB, 600x820) Image search: [Google]
1455210830263.jpg
82 KB, 600x820
>>81371064
>Matt's no-kill rule is garbage. It's totally arbitrary and isn't backed up by anything aside from his desire to not feel bad about taking a life, and an old book that told him not to.
>>
>>81371064
He doesn't kill because he believes that murder is a sin.
>>
>>81371182

Right. Because it would make him feel bad, and because an old book told him not to. I know. I said that.
>>
>>81371064
Killing is a sin. Matt is Catholic. Matt doesn't want to commit evils to a religion he practices.

Are we done here, faggot?
>>
Episode 4, "Penny and Dime," is probably my favorite capeshow episode ever.
>First fight scene where the bad guys just get fucking capped
>Frank pulling off the master plan, and not being a pussy when they torture him, softening when they threaten his dog
>"altar boy"
>Bernthal's monologue
Overall it was really just a perfect episode. Season 2 as a whole kind of lulled, I enjoyed Elektra whenever she was on screen, but her plotline didn't really go anywhere. I wanted Stick to kick more ass, and the season finale was just trash. It's been years since I've been that disappointed with a season finale. The highs of this season are higher than Season One's, but the lows are lower.
>>
>>81371158

Right. Like, they just needed to put in that bit of dialogue, about how the police would hunt him down like a dog if he started to off people, but that still leaves him allowing incredibly deadly assassins to know his address, the address of his loved ones, and the place of his business.
>>
>>81371064
Just because you aren't Catholic doesn't make Matt's ideologies "garbage" you queer
>>
>>81370620
agreed

I do think that a lot of these characters work much better in a show though. Whenever they do a movie they have to shoehorn in a shitload of backstory into 90 minutes and it feels rushed. In a series they can take their time and flesh it out
>>
>>81371262
Oh well when it comes to ninjas without identities, he's safe to kill them.

Problem arises when Kingpin's released and he'd haunt Nelson for the rest of the season.

Maybe Karen too if he finds out she killed based Wesley
>>
>>81371315

Right. Like, he's completely fucked when it comes to the Kingpin. Like...wow. How the hell did he think that scenario was supposed to play out?

But yeah, those ninjas? He had no reason whatsoever to not kill them, and every reason TO kill them.
>>
>>81371364
Reason to not kill the ninjas? Irritate Stick.
>>
File: daredevil cop.jpg (104 KB, 684x1080) Image search: [Google]
daredevil cop.jpg
104 KB, 684x1080
>Police need to be taken seriously again! We can't have our jobs being done by vigilantes!
>At the end of the show all the cops stand back while three vigilantes take out all the bad guys

BRAVO NYPD
>>
Too much Electra and the Hand. It got in the way of the Punisher.

S1 was 100% Daredevil fighting crime, working his way up bit by bit to take down Fisk, and only succeeding at the end. It was much more dramatic. S2 had Punisher behind bars by episode 5.

I would have enjoyed a more drawn out conflict.
>>
File: irritating-stick-usa.jpg (154 KB, 600x597) Image search: [Google]
irritating-stick-usa.jpg
154 KB, 600x597
>>81371423
>>
>>81371364
He probably didn't know how much of the police force Fisk had in his pocket already.

Besides, Nelson and Murdock were already fucked the day they took him on. When he's released, Foggy will...

well, Foggy has the protection of Jessica Jones now. Karen has Matt.

>>81371228
b-but premarital sex is a sin, so is violence and representing a devil
>>
>>81371221
Some people just believe, whether because of a religion or something else, that killing is bad and not something they ever want to do.

Is that really so hard for you to process?

Frankly, DD's no kill code is more well considered by the character, who has actually thought about it, than Batman's, which is just the result of him being REALLY spooked by his parents' death.
>>
File: CbBeJatUAAAzRYs.jpg (35 KB, 575x558) Image search: [Google]
CbBeJatUAAAzRYs.jpg
35 KB, 575x558
>>81371433
>Magical secret society of ninjas who want to take over the world isnt as interesting as le guy who shoots bad people
Get some taste dude, holy shit
>>
>>81371547

I'm well aware that a lot of people do things without thinking deeply about them, or seriously examining their ethics, why they do things and why they don't do other things. That's something that I'm well acquainted with.

Matt doesn't kill because it will make him feel bad, and need to spend some time with his rosary.

Batman doesn't kill because he knows that's all that's holding him back from being a true terror of the night.
>>
>>81371552
Not a lot of weight on the Hand in the series. For example, we see Frank all over the series in news, bystander reaction and even from the main characters' dialogue for the rest of the season. The Hand is that illuminati group that doesn't do a lot of noise until the hospital attack and by then the biggest threat they posed was kidnapping 25 people.
>>
>>81371611
Confirmed for not even paying attention to the show. There's a whole segment where the priest literally explains, to the audience, the philosophy behind Matt's no-kill rule.

It's the "when you kill a man you're not just killing a man" bit.
>>
So, we get Daredevil Born Again next season, right?
>>
Dude, he lit Nobu on fire in the first scene and immediately in the next episode he says he doesn't kill.
>>
SON OF A BOXERRRRRR
>>
>>81371676

Right. All those poor little baby ninjas who will starve to death because mommy ninja and daddy ninja were killed in a mission.
>>
>>81371231
I just finished it, fucking fantastic episode. I've really liked Frank so far this season, they've done a good job of humanizing him, showing him as a Punisher that's still just starting out. I actually kind of preferred how they did the chimney scene in the show to Ennis' original comic. As much as I love Ennis' Punisher, his Marvel Knights run came off as kinda preachy about superheroes, and I always found that issue in particular kind of flawed because of it. The show version felt more like Frank and Matt debating morality and methods, which was cool. Not to mention that in the comic Frank was lining up to snipe some guy, so while he claims that DD's only option is to kill him, if the gun had been loaded Matt could've shot him in the back and still made him miss.
I'm really interested to see how Frank's story progresses this season.
Also, it should be noted that I haven't actually watched the first season.
>>
>>81371708
Well to be fair the Hand were not that keen on parental guidance, instead training them as soldiers ready to kill or commit sudoku for the cause.

Heck if they needed more discipline, they'd just make the child soldiers drink that toxin those five suicides had to make them do your will
>>
>>81371724
Eh, now the first season would have less of an impact now that you know you who lives and who dies.
>>
>>81371804
I already knew most of it honestly, /co/ managed to spoil most of it. I'm still interested in going back just to see it, but I jumped right into Season 2 to watch Frank be Frank.
So far it's felt like the right decision.
>>
>>81371083
>>81371131
Well there you go, read some more and you'll find Frank isn't a boring 2 dimensional character.
>>
>>81365205
>Also didn't like the brain damage thing. It makes the Punisher into a symptom, which is less interesting IMO.
That was all made up by Foggy and Karen to get sympathy in the trial.
>>
File: frank face.png (690 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
frank face.png
690 KB, 5000x5000
>>81371840
>>
>>81371649
>For example, we see Frank all over the series in news, bystander reaction and even from the main characters' dialogue for the rest of the season.
Because he's the Punisher. He's loud and over the top and doesn't give a fuck who sees him. The Hand is the exact opposite. They work from the shadows and undercover and the world is in danger to a threat that they don't even know exists. Stick even says so, that Hell's Kitchen is in the middle of a secret war.

And the whole kidnapping thing was a desperate attempt to lure out Matt and Elektra, which worked exactly how they wanted it to.
>>
File: eef5002168b6842.png (66 KB, 500x565) Image search: [Google]
eef5002168b6842.png
66 KB, 500x565
>>81364577
>What was your biggest gripe with Season 2 /co/?

It had a great middle but didn't go anywhere in the end.
>giant hole leading god knows where that's never explained
>never explained what happened to those kids
>cult who's purpose isn't yet clearly but they are powerful enough to control everything and grant members immortality(?)

All these weird, mystical things and SURPRISE! We don't really see anything neat yet again. It bothers me because it is very clearly the budget of the show rearing its ugly head. And don't get me wrong, they do a fantastic job with what they got, but goddamn this show is nothing but a fucking cocktease.

This season was at its best when it involved the punisher and Fisk. If you aren't going to go all the way with the weird shit in the finale episode, then don't make the ninjas and shit the focus at the end.
>>
>>81371841
He is in the show, though. I'm not gonna keep reading up on a character I don't even like just because you want me to like him as much as you do.
>>
>>81365205
>>81371846
I really liked the "Frank Castle died" aspect of it. One of my favorite Punisher themes is the monstrous/demonic aspect. I forget which arc it's from, but there's a part of Ennis' run where Frank's about to die in Vietnam and the inner monologue just says "Let me out. Let me out and you'll live and they'll die." And then the next panel is him walking out of the flaming jungle with all of the fucking gooks choking on their bullet-filled, charred lungs.
>>
>>81371997
>giant hole
Holy shit I totally forgot about this. What the fuck? Did they really never mention it again?
>>
>>81364842
His code is cheap and childish. He only is bothered by Elektra and Frank killing people when his own life isn't in serious danger. The moment it's a life or death situation, like during the rooftop final battle, killing suddenly doesn't seem to bother him at all, as long as he's not the one doing it.
>>
>>81365205
I have to say, I really liked the description of the scene where they pulled the plug on Frank. Overall I liked how we get to see Frank as a guy who is holding on to life by the skin of his teeth.
Also, the scene where he escapes the Irish is fucking amazing.
>The Razor under his skin
>that no-look shotgun blast
Just the way you see him shambling around, like Frankenstein's monster.
>>
File: CcHqctCUMAAjM20.jpg (39 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
CcHqctCUMAAjM20.jpg
39 KB, 1024x576
>>81371687
>Nuke in Jessica Jones
>Fisk literally tells Matt hes gonna "dismantle his life"
>Foggy, Matt and Karen on bad terms

It's fucking happening, my niggas
>>
>>81366963
I felt this too. Before Matt got his armor, the average thug would cut him, punch him, actually fight him. After the armor, it seems like he never got cut or really hurt and was almost unstoppable, spare the last few episodes.

Did he just get miraculously better at fighting?
>>
>>81372081
>I don't understand Matt Murdock: The Post

Holy shit, you'd think people who post on a board dedicated to comics would actually read some comics once in a while
>>
>>81372146
I thought the fight against the Bikers was pretty good, by then end of it he seemed pretty much wiped out.
Although that said, did he shoot one of those Bikers in the leg right at the start? I swear I heard a gun shot.
>>
>>81372146
I kind of got the idea that his training was designed to fight ninjas. He was trained by Stick, who really only gave a shit about The Hand. So Matt can fight ninjas more easily than, say, the Dogs of Hell or Punisher.
>>
>>81372246
I really liked his fights with Punisher, just because they were both landing some pretty great hits on each other.
The part where Frank got his billy club away and started whacking him with it was pretty cool.
>>
File: CcMQP3_UYAA9BeS.jpg (85 KB, 600x911) Image search: [Google]
CcMQP3_UYAA9BeS.jpg
85 KB, 600x911
Is it true that the Black Sky stuff is original to the TV series? I haven't read all of Frank Miller's run, so I wouldn't know
>>
>>81372344
I don't remember anything like it in Miller's run, though it might be from another one.
>>
>>81372344
I also don't know, but I hope so. That's easily dumbest part of season two.
>>
>>81372408
Black Sky was in S1 too, but yeah it's kinda silly.
>>
How many times is his costume going to change before we get full red
>>
>>81364577
The Hand is just a bunch of corpses. jesus fuck man, did you even watch the show?
>>
>>81372179
This is a thread about the tv show, you autistic fuck. I'm talking about Matt Murdock from the show, his no killing code is cheap and childish and I explained the reasons why I think that. Now you can either tell me why I'm wrong, or you can fuck off and not say anything, but your elitist, retarded "hurr durr read the comics" bullshit is completely and utterly pointless.
>>
>>81372484
>elitist, retarded "hurr durr read the comics" bullshit is completely and utterly pointless

/co/- Comics and Cartoons.
>>
>>81372484
>>81372460
>81372460
>>81372460
>>81372460
>>81372460
>>
>>81364825
Sluts of the orient never ruin good noir.
>>
>>81372484
>>>/tv/

You're on the board for comic books talking about a show based off of superhero comics you stupid nigger, everyone has already tried to explain the character to you but you're too retarded to understand because you don't want to hear it
>>
>>81371525
That's why they have confession. Murder has a much greater penance required for absolution than fighting or sex.
>>
>>81372305
It was bullshit though, Frank should not be able to throw a punch that is not a fluke on DD.
>>
>>81372484
>Now you can either tell me why I'm wrong
>>81371182
>>81371228

You're wrong, faggot. You're rejecting an understanding of the character because you don't agree with his religion.
>>
>>81364577
oh my god! It's almost like a character realized being a stickler about that was bullshit and unrealistic and i dunno......HAD AN ARC.
>>
>>81370620
Still better than Warzone and the 80's movie besides that fight scene with the russian is great, only real complaint was you have a punisher movie in florida and he doesn't feed a single person to a gator.
>>
>>81364577
>>S2 last episode has him throwing Nobu off a roof so that his teacher can behead him when he lands on the ground, while Punisher provides covering fire by headshotting all The Hand Ninjas

Did you even fucking watch Season 1? Nobu should not have survived being burned the way he did.

By the end of Season 2 Daredevil realized that he was fighting what amounts to zombie ninjas, so he was willing to go all the way with them.
>>
>>81372746
This also bothered me. I understand that Frank franked franks in a war, but come the fuck on Matt has supernatural skills and fights ninjas on regular basis.
>>
>>81372746
I feel like the later fight on the boat was a better example. Like frank is a bad ass but DD took him apart like it was nothing. Cos thats what would happen in a hand to hand fight.

I think the earlier fights were more DD not quite on his game.
>>
>>81370620
>Tom Jane was a good Frank
I have never seen this. Not since day 1.
Nothing about him seemed at all like the punisher to me. His vague appearance maybe but i never got an iota of the smoldering violence inherent to the character in that movie.

Mind you the 'dirty laundry' short that got put online a short while ago was him in a space where I could see that. But young tom jane never fit the character for me.
>>
>>81372344
INHUMANS
>>
>>81364577
Are you mentally deficient? You shouldn't be watching shows you won't understand. Its not power rangers, its a bit more than just dudes fighting badguys.
>>
>>81371708
It's almost like he viewed them as people not ninja characters. Which i dont get because wasn't he watching the events as a tv show from the outside perspective like us?
>>
>>81372888
He also says that he underestimated him he thought he was just another thug
>>
>>81372847
Frank has been able to do that in the comics though.
Daredevil's more abnormal and esoteric skills are definitely missing from the show (and honestly he doesn't have his full range of super-senses either), and a lot have to do with stealth and bodily control then actual physical combat.

Daredevil's very agile and extremely strong (way stronger then he looks), but his body doesn't bend in unnatural directions and can't dodge attacks that can't be dodged due to the basic limitations of the human body.
Spidey can, but he has the benefit of being literally impossibly more flexible and agile and being able to make standing jumps that can clear close to 15ft in height without trying particularly hard.
>>
>>81372948
I feel like in terms of an origin story story it fits Frank isn't deep into his new Persona until the end when he starts writing his war journal
>>
>>81372888
I notice that Cox's Daredevil has a Frank Miller-esque tendency to get very tired and very beat up and yet still perform way beyond a normal person's ability to absorb punishment while dealing it out.

In both of the long single-shot fight scenes they've shown he gets very obviously extremely tired, but still hugely dominates the fights themselves.
>>
>>81373105
It's Jane's empty, dead-eyed stare and totally blank expression that sells it.
Frank isn't a creature of explosive and smouldering violence, or even extreme emotions usually; he's like a human machine almost, which is why he's so terrifying to people after him.
You have about an equal chance of escaping Frank as you do escaping DEATH, which is why he wears the skull.

This Punisher was fascinating to me because he was the total opposite of that, a deeply emotional person whom you could see how he could've connected with his wife and kids and been a happy, regular, well-adjusted guy if his life hadn't turned to shit.
>>
>>81372484
You stupid fucking 13 yearold faggot, its a show based on a comic, and you get upset because its similar to the source material and think it should be a completely different tv show? So this should just be like CSI except everyone is replaced with Daredevil and Elektra but they dont talk or act or do anything like the comics, the only tie-in is the names and likeness but nothing else
>>
>>81372008
You're whole argument was that he has no potential to have an interesting show because the character is 2 dimensional.
>>
I personally loved Elektra

But I have a thing for crazy chicks so that's probably why.

You can stick your dick in crazy only if you're really really careful
>>
>>81374022
I actually liked her more after she showed she was both less and more crazy then she appeared.
>>
>>81364577
>Killing people is wrong
>To the point that Matt stops other heroes from killing
>But forcing a guy to rat on his boss, when he's made it extremely clear that this will cause his death, is fine
>>
>>81364577
>i missed the part where daredevil talks about how his policy isn't working and that he might need to actually kill his enemies
>the fall doesn't even kill nobu so it doesn't matter
>>
>>81372838
Nobu obviously still had agency/sentience. It's a little weird that dying once means its okay to kill to you. Is Frank a zombie? My dad had a heart attack and was dead for like 30 seconds, is he a zombie?
>>
>>81365680
>And where the fuck was Stone? You tease the shit out of him in the first season and he's no where to be seen.

I disagree with most of what you said, but I was wondering this too.
>>
>>81374093
Yeah, I know a lot of people are shitting on her character in the show, but I thought it was well done. She starts off seeming like just a bored, rich party girl, but reveals more emotional depth as the season progresses.
>>
File: 1446383152526.png (142 KB, 420x376) Image search: [Google]
1446383152526.png
142 KB, 420x376
She's barely 12! Guaranteed!
>>
>>81375006
>The consequences will never be the same
>>
>>81364704
Kind of like black people.

People seem to think that doing a Frank series is all about guns guns shoot em up shit. The Max series was absolute god tier because it involved lots of new characters and character development. Frank going through hell and highwater to keep kids safe is something unexpected. Theres a ton of stories that can be adapted - the only problem is him wondering around New York where everyone and their mom would recognize him.
>>
>>81375006
yfw the vast majority of 4chan would be on Punisher's hit list
>>
File: daredevil-ep10-foam-vanessa.gif (2 MB, 642x375) Image search: [Google]
daredevil-ep10-foam-vanessa.gif
2 MB, 642x375
biggest gripe, no Vanessa
>>
>>81372436
Never.
You can thank Bin Al-Fleki for that.
>>
File: 1445978982215.jpg (38 KB, 395x296) Image search: [Google]
1445978982215.jpg
38 KB, 395x296
>>81375151
>Punisher vs /tv/
>>
>>81375264
Its the safest option. You wouldn't want to embarrass him in front of her would you?
>>
File: Madame-Gao-sees-Daredevil-Yell.jpg (222 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Madame-Gao-sees-Daredevil-Yell.jpg
222 KB, 1280x720
双喜
>>
>>81375138
But isn't that always the case for the Punisher? Everyone knows who he is, he's America's most prolific serial killer and he doesn't hide behind a mask
>>
File: screenshot-2015-04-10-13-13-24.png (350 KB, 1518x812) Image search: [Google]
screenshot-2015-04-10-13-13-24.png
350 KB, 1518x812
>>81375394
>you embarrassed me
>in front of
HURRR
>>
>>81375006
Frank was radiating pure hatred in that scene.
>>
>>81373364
Honestly that movie was really good especially in the climate of what comic book movies were at the time.

It took itself seriously without going over the top they relegated the humor to his neighbors the same way the comics did, they kept the effects practical (those poor stuntmen getting tossed around in the back of that pick up when they're chasing Maria and Frank Jr.) and it didn't just reduce Frank to action hero bang bang man slaughtering guys left and right for 2 hours.

It showed him operate like he does in some of his best stories he doesn't just go crazed gunman all of the time he took stock, prepared, and dismantled Travolta's criminal empire and family before finally wasting him, he thoroughly punished them by the end.

That movie just had a better understanding of what Frank Castle is, I'm not saying it's the pinnacle but it's still really good, because when a movie doesn't we end up with Punisher Warzone, and I'm just glad that Thomas Jane had the sense to walk away from that piece of shit film because he took that character seriously.
>>
>>81375607
>>
>>81364964
knowing or not the source material makes no difference, ninjas are still dumb
>>
>>81365680
>And where the fuck was Stone? You tease the shit out of him in the first season
He was literally on screen for less than 10 seconds with his back to the camera. How the fuck do you get "teased the fuck out of" from that.
>>
>>81372146
You JUST pointed out the difference numbnuts; the armor!
>>
>>81373222
The whole staircase fight was almost exhausting just watching it, I loved it.
>>
>>81373002
Yeah, first fight Frank surprises him, and even then most of his hits miss. Second fight they were both dodging sniper fire, and it still takes DD's hearing going insane for Frank to win.
>>
>>81377266
>mfw he pulled that guy over the railing
>>
File: cyclops-jean-storm[1].jpg (14 KB, 432x264) Image search: [Google]
cyclops-jean-storm[1].jpg
14 KB, 432x264
>>81375328
>implying that's the reason why
"What would you prefer? Yellow Spandex?"
This is MCU we're talking about here.
>>
>>81375887
I agree, I think it was a legit adaptation of the character.

But I also like what they did with Frank in DD. Totally different from the comics but I think that's OK
>>
>>81364577
Biggest problem with S2 is that it tried to run too many storylines. S1 was just "Daredevil works his way up to Fisk, while we explain his backstory and show his day job". And that was good.

S2 had
-Punisher comes to Hell's Kitchen and the gang winds up representing him in court.
-The Kingpin is taking over his own prison, and it's driving Matt nuts.
-Elektra and Stick show up and they both want Matt to start killing people.
-Undead Ninjas are doing... something, and Matt needs to stop them.
-Matt and Foggy break up (again), and the company becomes no more.
-Karen becomes a reporter and has some sort of deep dark secret past

They had all these storylines, and they didn't fully explore any of them. Everything felt rushed and half-assed.
>>
>inb4 Karen gets Franked in S3
>>
>>81377555
That wad brutal. Also, he's punching people with a fucking .357, that's gotta hurt.
Think my favorite move so far though is when Frank suplexes him.
>>
>>81364577
Only hing that annoyed me was Electra getting killed by Nobu. You know as opposed to FUCKING BULLZEYE. Other than that i liked it
>>
>>81365069
>Matt being a huge douchebag ruining everyone around him's lives

Have you read any Daredevil comics, Anon? That's the character.
>>
File: mynigga.jpg (35 KB, 552x464) Image search: [Google]
mynigga.jpg
35 KB, 552x464
>that asian guy calls DD 'Akuma-san'
>>
>>81376061
So you don't know what the word 'tease' means?
>>
>>81374022
>You can stick your dick in crazy only if you're really really careful
No, you don't
>>
File: anatoly shocked.png (127 KB, 856x436) Image search: [Google]
anatoly shocked.png
127 KB, 856x436
>>81375535
>mfw
>>
Guys I just had the best idea to slip Punisher into an MCU film with little to no fuss.

So, it's Spider-Man or something. It's over. The villain is defeated, being taken away for lock-up.

The villain simply mutters something about taking revenge once he gets out. The driver simply says, "Is that so?"

Quick cut to the Punisher, in disguise, driving the van.

The villain is never seen or heard from again. Maybe a vague reference to being called before being brought into custody.

Jon Bernthal is credited in the movie as "Ominous Van Driver".
>>
>>81382615
So you don't know what the term "as fuck" implies?
>>
>>81375328
Not his fault the costume he had was pretty neat.
>>
File: DDS1.jpg (75 KB, 548x446) Image search: [Google]
DDS1.jpg
75 KB, 548x446
>>81377825
>S1 was just "Daredevil works his way up to Fisk, while we explain his backstory and show his day job". And that was good.
Aside from the fact that Matt had almost nothing to do with Fisk's downfall, and the last episode was a sloppy attempt to give him a victory.
>>
>>81364577
Biggest gripe?

That Karen is still around. Literally everyone around Matt this season was fucked up in some way but due to Karen's plot armor, she went unscathed.

She almost got a dude's foot sawed off because of her bullshit.
>>
File: Photo Feb 18, 12 20 52 AM.jpg (129 KB, 960x893) Image search: [Google]
Photo Feb 18, 12 20 52 AM.jpg
129 KB, 960x893
>>81364577
>the final fight was a ridiculous disappointment
>It was never explained how the ninjas hid their heartbeats, or how a hearbreat/breath can help you defend against strikes you still cant hear coming
>The whole love triangle thing just didn't work. They should've just flipped a coin and picked one instead of saying fuck it and slicing it down the middle. It didnt make any fucking sense -- it made Matt an unbelievable asshat after showing that wouldn't be an asshat about it.
>Punisher, Elektra and Daredevil didnt fight together as one force. No, the 4 shots Frank got off before after elektra died doesn't count nor does it make any fucking sense.
>Waiting till the end to paint Frank's skull on was stupid. They should have waited yes, but painted him after he broke out of prison.

Still a great season, best capeshit this year so far.
>>
>>81386263
>Ominous Van Driver
>>
>>81387355
Because he's the only one with cellular access to the police.

Besides, they both got an officer killed, but it's the best chance they had at escaping the warehouse. Not like she knew she had a quick access to Daredevil
>>
>>81387410
>last part
I disagree. The show wasn't Punisher, it was Daredevil and like S1 they waited until the end to show off an almost comic-accurate costume. It was a good wait, especially since he had no access to a bulletproof vest being on the run.
>>
>>81387206

S1 last episode was totally bullshit. Fisk has most of the police force and the politicians on his side but NOT the DA? Yeah right.
>>
>>81387410
>It was never explained how the ninjas hid their heartbeats.
It all but calls them undead. You're one of those people that surfs Facebook while you watch things aren't you?
>>
>>81386263
>Killing off more MCU villains
>Especially Spider-Man villains, who are some of the most iconic
Please no
>>
>>81364825
Same fag in every thread,
>>
>>81372179
>>81372484
What a shitty little edgelord you are. You seem like an emotionally stunted person.
>>
>>81387206
what is this bird supposed to represent
>>
>>81386263
I'd prefer if that Captain America was at some veteran hall and Frank him just have a chat. Maybe Frank says something that motivates Cap or has something clicks on his head to move the plot.

I dunno. I just want Captain America and Punisher
>>
>>81386639
You're a fucking idiot. "As fuck" adds emphasis. A simple tease would be mentioning Stone's name and not much else. Or Stick commenting in passing that he knows a guy who's hard as stone or something cheesy along those lines. But actually having him ON SCREEN AND TALKING expands the tease to "teased as fuck". Not to mention how the scene itself made it seem like Stick was subservient to Stone or that Stone was at least equals with Stick. So yea, dumb shit. Stone was indeed teased as fuck in the first season.
Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.