[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 4kids in IDW.png (4 MB, 2240x1264) Image search: [Google]
4kids in IDW.png
4 MB, 2240x1264
It's not like I'm complaining about the current direction IDW takes with TMNT, it's just that I find it a bit ironic considering what people kept complaining about in the past.
>>
>>81363084
People complained about the 4kids stuff?

Honestly IDW is just taking everything, Mirage, 80's, 4kids, Tk12 (with Pigeon Pete) and combining it while doing their own thing, and so far it's been working out great.
>>
>Darius Dun
>Agent Bishop

Damn I need to read this shit.
>>
>>81363775
>Darius Dun
You're excited for him?
>>
>>81364167
Because of the half-nostalgia.My life was kind of odd when this season was airing.

I wonder how they used/are using him in the comics tho.
>>
Too many characters. Too many and some autists on a certain forum asking for more. Adding new characters just to please capricious fans but waste it after because you have no idea how to use them will kill this comic.
>>
>>81364248
Well the direction is not all that clear, they're definitly keeping the shady business man angle on him but not much else is known considering how he's only been in like two or three issues.

The differences are (so far) is that he doesn't seem to be from the future and his design is a bit different.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/7256876

Vote
>>
>>81364361
What does that have to do with anything?
>>
>>81364332
sounds good 2bh.

Already read first 4 issues. This is better than i thought.
>>
>>81364361
fuck off
>>
File: Marvel-Disney-Mashup.png (2 MB, 980x1494) Image search: [Google]
Marvel-Disney-Mashup.png
2 MB, 980x1494
>>81364321
>Adding new characters just to please capricious fans but waste it after because you have no idea how to use them will kill this comic.

Spin-Offs bro! Viacom has to capitalise on Marvel somehow, better let IDW do the world building so they can have a shit load of IPs evolve from one.

In all honesty though, I think Viacom is letting IDW do whatever they want because they're going to need TMNT they can actually work from, better let someone experiment with the franchise a bit to see what works and what doesn't. I mean look at some of the previous and current things TMNT

Mirage had a lot of creativity but it's depressing and confused as all hell.
Fred Wolf was popular but idiotic and generic.
Archie was just Steve Murphy running his mouth on hippie crap.
Image was just violence and aggrevating ideas for the sake of violence and pissing off the fans.
Next Mutation was a complete failure at reimagining.
4Kids was just a more coherent but less depressing and violent version of Mirage.
The Nickelodeon cartoon lacks any clear direction and barely has a story.
And the Bay movies are... Generic action flicks...

Someone needs to move the franchise forward.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.