[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
it still hurts /co/ Marvel had such a nice thing going on with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: standard_fantastic.jpg (18 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
standard_fantastic.jpg
18 KB, 250x250
it still hurts /co/

Marvel had such a nice thing going on with this and EMH. Why did everything go so wrong?
>>
Disney buying the rights. I'm happy Amazing Spider-Man is dead, but man what a loss.
I'm never going to watch Season 2 just because I don't want to feel more bad.
>>
It was the Disney purchase. Once Disney had the rights, they made a deal with Sony so that Sony could keep the rights to the movies, but Disney got the TV rights, thus Spectacular wouldn't return. EMH hadn't started, but had already been put into motion and produced by Film Roman. But halfway into season 2, Disney had taken it over to give it a swift end, letting go of Yost and Fine and hiring Man of Action to resolve the plotlines and turn the remaining episodes into standalones that would tie into the movie and set up a new show that would act as more of a reflection with the movie and tie into Ultimate Spider-Man. Wolverine and the X-Men, Iron Man: Armored Adventures, and Super Hero Squad were also forced to wrap up as Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon couldn't make any more Marvel animated shows.
>>
>>81358828
The higher ups wanted the avengers show to be more tied-in with the movies.
Spectacular got replaced by Ultimate since ADHD comedic shows get you more ratings than action/drama based cartoons.
>>
Thinking about buying the bluray set for my friend since he just bought the Dikto/Lee omnibus.
Never seen the show though, is it really THAT good?
>>
>>81359025
The Spectacular Spider-Man? Absolutely.

EMH? Eh... It's not great, but way better than what we have now.
>>
>>81359025
Don't buy it, you friend will just feel like shit.
From my experience it isn't good, but it has a lot of potential.
A lot of characters have different backstories and motivations from their comic counterparts.
>>
File: image.png (43 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.png
43 KB, 400x400
>>81358828
>Near perfect adaptation that expresses love and adoration for the source material
>Replaced with a soulless MCU commercial that does absolutely everything Spectacular did incorrectly
>Ultimate has gotten more seasons than Spectacular

I will never not be upset about this.
>>
>>81359025
Spectacular is absolutely incredible. It manages to be extremely faithful to the Lee/Ditko run without letting that ruin its own concepts and ideas. The villains are almost all spot on to their comic counterparts.
>>
"I wish I could redub Keaton's lines."
>>
>>81359086
This. Even my 50 year old mother loved Spectacular. I caught her singing the theme while I was helping her with some housework a while back. Spectacular, Spectacular, Spider-man...
>>
>>81359006
>It was the Disney purchase. Once Disney had the rights, they made a deal with Sony so that Sony could keep the rights to the movies, but Disney got the TV rights, thus Spectacular wouldn't return.
Fast forward to today, and now Spider-Man will be a part of the MCU starting with Civil War, meaning that SSM got cancelled for nothing
>>
>>81358828
I'm not even into capeshit but from what I've seen from that newer show it seems like it can basically be summed up as "Spiderman quips for twenty minutes".
>>
>>81358828
http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=20725

>you will never see Marvel team ups
>you will never see a Spidey bad guys spin-off
>>
This show died while I get to live.
God is sending me a message with that.
>>
LIVIN ON THE EDGE FIGHTING CRIME SPINNIN WEBS
SWINGIN FROM THE HIGHEST LEGE HE CAN LEAP ABOVE MY HEAD
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.