[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DCEU LEAKS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 229
Thread images: 22
File: Clash of Titans.jpg (221 KB, 972x723) Image search: [Google]
Clash of Titans.jpg
221 KB, 972x723
>Zack Snyder might not direct JUSTICE LEAGUE 2 if JUSTICE LEAGUE also receives critical backlash.

>JUSTICE LEAGUE is massive and filled with characters. Snyder and Chris Terrio wrote the script together.

>Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, Ezra Miller, Jason Momoa, Ray Fisher, Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne, J.K. Simmons, Jena Malone, Jeremy Irons, Connie Nielsen, Viola Davis, Diane Lane, Joe Morton and Harry Lennix are the returning actors from previous movies.

>Amber Heard, Imogen Poots, James Remar, Alfred Molina and Ed Harris are also cast as Mera, Black Canary, Iris West, Darryl Frye, Thomas Morrow and General Wade Eiling.

>Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Tessa Thompson are in negotiations to play Sarah Charles.

>Javier Bardem, Jackie Earle Haley, Frances McDormand, Joel Edgerton, Rosamund Pike, Bill Nighy and Willem Dafoe have also been approached and/or are in discussions for undisclosed roles.

>AQUAMAN will feature Ocean Master and the Trench. Black Manta is not slated to appear at this point.

>THE FLASH will feature the Reverse-Flash, but it's a "new twist" that producers are confident will set it apart from the TV show.

>Shawn Levy is the frontrunner to direct SHAZAM.

>Matt Reeves, Duncan Jones and Rian Johnson have been approached about GREEN LANTERN CORPS.

>CYBORG is still in the backburner until JUSTICE LEAGUE provides feedback on the public's reception of Cyborg. If it happens, it'll have a black director.

>Ben Affleck is still reluctant to direct the new BATMAN movie, but he's writing it. It'll definitely include Jared Leto's Joker.

>SUICIDE SQUAD 2 is likely to happen in 2018/2019 judging by early reactions.
>>
>No Sirens movie planned

Shiiiiiiiiit
>>
>>81355077
>Zack Snyder might not direct JUSTICE LEAGUE 2 if JUSTICE LEAGUE also receives critical backlash.
It will. Critics tend to not like Zack Snyder movies.

That being said it's trill April fools day so I'm not believing any or this.
>>
File: Alona Tal.jpg (413 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Alona Tal.jpg
413 KB, 1920x1200
Forgot to add Alona Tal. She's been cast as Black Canary.

>WONDER WOMAN features Ares and Circe.

>SHAZAM will obviously feature Black Adam.

>CYBORG and GREEN LANTERN CORPS don't have defined villains yet.

>GREEN LANTERN CORPS will be centered on Hal Jordan and John Stewart.

>There are plans for Doomsday to return.

>George Miller is producing JUSTICE LEAGUE, but hasn't decided whether he wants to direct a DC movie or not.

>DARK UNIVERSE is pretty much dead.

>BLUE & GOLD is an infant project, and won't come out earlier than 2019.

>DEATHSTROKE, BIRDS OF PREY and LEGION OF SUPERHEROES movies are in early development.
>>
>>81355231
>DARK UNIVERSE is pretty much dead.
Dammit.
>>
>>81355231
>No Sirens

Reeeeeeeee
>>
>>81355231
>>81355077
source please.
>>
>>81355231
>Alona Tal in fishnets and a corset
I can live with that
>>
File: 1449469062181.jpg (31 KB, 400x453) Image search: [Google]
1449469062181.jpg
31 KB, 400x453
>>81355231
>Blue & Gold movie
>It's grim and dour like the rest of them.
>mfw
>>
>>81355231
>>DEATHSTROKE, BIRDS OF PREY and LEGION OF SUPERHEROES movies are in early development.
See if you just said Titans and BoP, I might believe you

LOSH will never have good things again
>>
Snyder just needs to fuck off. It's a damn shame that he has hypocrites like Forbes' Mark Hughes sucking his dick constantly. Hughes loves talking about how fanboys for various comic book/movie franchises need to calm down and relax, but at the same time he's been doing the most amount of damage control for both Man of Steel and BvS. He posted interviews with both Zack Snyder and his wife today, and it more pathetic than anything.
>>
>>81355077
>Aquaman
Knowing our shitty luck we'll never get a sequel with based Black Manta and we'll have to endure not-Loki
>Flash
Rumor was they wanted the Daniel West Reverse Flash as a sort of speedforce monster. Though I wouldnt be surprised if RF was actually knightmare Barry
>>
>>81355077
>>Amber Heard, Imogen Poots, James Remar, Alfred Molina and Ed Harris are also cast as Mera, Black Canary, Iris West, Darryl Frye, Thomas Morrow and General Wade Eiling.

all of these castings work for me.
>>
>>81355555
Those quads m8 checkem
>>
>>81355077
gimme a source posted after midnight tonight and I'll buy it
>>
File: Darkseid.jpg (187 KB, 640x746) Image search: [Google]
Darkseid.jpg
187 KB, 640x746
What I know of the script for JUSTICE LEAGUE

Batman is trying to assemble the Justice League to protect the Earth from Darkseid, while the government, represented by Amanda Waller and Wade Eiling, is trying to capture them.

Darkseid is a "force of nature", and is impending arrival is described as "apocalyptic" with biblical undertones. He's also being redesigned, though they'll try to keep his classic look in mind.

Superman's rebirth is somehow connected to Darkseid, and includes Darkseid attempting to corrupt him in some sort of astral plane. Lois will be important to this subplot.

Darkseid will have some sort of ability to force the League members to handle their own dark sides and go through psychological trials. It appears to be capacity for good remains a theme of the movie, with the League members all being shown to be dysfunctional, angry people that could have tipped over to the dark side easily if circumstances were a little different.

The focus is on the six mains and Lois. Everyone else is just minor.
>>
>>81355771
>He's also being redesigned, though they'll try to keep his classic look in mind.
I'm literally okay with the rest except for this.
I hope the thing from the Communion scene isn't him, or indicative of his design.
>>
>>81355231
>>There are plans for Doomsday to return.
I was cool with him in BVS but please no.
>DEATHSTROKE movie is in early development.
Cool, get Timothy Olyphant.
>>
File: 3313hom.jpg (78 KB, 513x362) Image search: [Google]
3313hom.jpg
78 KB, 513x362
>>81355231
>>BLUE & GOLD is an infant project, and won't come out earlier than 2019.

>tfw no booster and blue buddy movie
>>
>>81355771
>Darkseid corrupting Superman

Can I just get a heroic Superman already or is is this universe just going to continue to be 2deep4me
>>
>>81355771
Sounds like it might be okay. I hope they keep the miniskirt for Darkseid. I also hope he sits in a recliner at some point in the movie.
>>
>>81355771
Oh fuck that, that has Smallville Darkseid-cloud written all over it. "Keeping in mind" about his design isnt comforting. Also Ive had enough of dreams thank you. Darkseid should be a force of nature in the sense that he should be able to juggle the entire league and make Doomsday look like a monkey by comparison
>>
>>81355077
>>81355196
So, both Imogen Poots and Alona Tal are Black Canary?
>>
>>81355771
>. It appears to be capacity for good remains a theme of the movie, with the League members all being shown to be dysfunctional, angry people that could have tipped over to the dark side easily if circumstances were a little different.

Great, the first time we're seeing half of these characters on film and they're already doing this post modern 'new, dark take' bullshit. Fuck off Snyder if this is in any way true
>>
>>81355077
>>Amber Heard, Imogen Poots, James Remar, Alfred Molina and Ed Harris are also cast as Mera, Black Canary, Iris West, Darryl Frye, Thomas Morrow and General Wade Eiling.

You're missing a name for Iris West. Also the fact that people believe this shit and the Batman "leaks" proves how stupid poters here can be,
>>
>Imogan Poots as Iris West
Barry's a lucky guy
>>
>>81355771
>Darkseid will have some sort of ability to force the League members to handle their own dark sides and go through psychological trials

Oh great, more dream sequences.

Fucking hell I hate this universe already
>>
>>81356013
>>81356042
I assume Imogen Poots is Iris West and Alonta Tal is Black Canary, as anon said here >>81355231 that he missed her name.
>>
Watch that deleted communion scene is actually Darkseid because Snyder fucking loves his god/devil symbolism. FUCK! This is going to piss me off I know it
>>
File: imogen-poots-8535.jpg (827 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
imogen-poots-8535.jpg
827 KB, 1920x1200
>>81356061
>tfw you will never fuck her with the speed force
>>
You forgot to post a source
>>
>>81355771
>and includes Darkseid attempting to corrupt him in some sort of astral plane
I like the word attempting here.
I hope that He attempts to do so but Clark rejects him and this is indeed a different future then the one we saw flash forwards too, Clark accepting this world and sacrificing himself to kill DD changed the future. I REALLY don't want them to go full injustice. Superman being dark is the key thing about these films that seems to be making so many not want to accept them.
>>
>>81355533
Don't hate marvel faggot.
>>
>>81356042
I don't think anyone believes this anyway considering what day it is.
>>
>>81355077
>superheroes fight each other by punching really hard
>>
>>81356077
Not only that, but why? Fucking why? Why would Darkseid waste his time creating elaborate nightmares for these people? Metahumans or not, theyre still beneath him. He sends his forces in to take what he wants, and any strong resistance he personally takes out himself by breaking their spirit/bodies. How is this so fucking hard WB?
>>
>>81355771

fucking hate louis though
>>
>>81355924
>I was cool with him in BVS but please no.
This, half the reason I was okay with it was that I was sure he'd be one and done and never have to deal with him again
>>
>>81356188
DCEU's Darkseid could have a different endgame.
>>
>>81355771
I remember reading a post somewhere where some guy claimed that Snyder is a catholic puritan faggot who keeps trying to shove his religion down our throats. At first i thought, nah this guy is pushing it because the Jesus metaphors in MoS kind of fit the character even if they were over the top. But then we got all this god themes in BvS with the god hater Lex being the bad guy and now this, a story about the devil of DC putting the heroes in trials to see if they're actually good.
HOLY SHIT SNYDER SHOVE YOUR RELIGION UP YOUR ASS.
>>
File: 1335228603955.jpg (110 KB, 300x309) Image search: [Google]
1335228603955.jpg
110 KB, 300x309
>>81356121
>Imogen Poots
>iris
>white again
>STILL not red
>>
>Batman could've become a cold-blooded killer

>Wonder Woman couldn've become a... cold-blooded warrior, I guess?

>Cyborg could become more machine than man.

>Aquaman could become a sea supremacist.

OK, I get it. But how the fuck could the Flash fall to the dark side?
>>
Y no GL?
>>
>>81356314
But anon.......nightmares...........ugh
>>
I bet Cyborg's villain is going to be Grid.

GL is going to be Sinestro or they will do Red Lanterns.
>>
Alright, /co/. Come up with Snyder-flavored Darkseid-induced dream sequences for the Justice League members.
>>
File: i.jpg (8 KB, 316x160) Image search: [Google]
i.jpg
8 KB, 316x160
>>81355771
>He's also being redesigned, though they'll try to keep his classic look in mind.
>>
>>81355555
>Black Manta and we'll have to endure not-Loki
Fuck that shit, Orm should never be like Loki, best Orm isn't at least.

Manta should be the main villain, or someone else, not Orm.
>>
File: 1452950766721.jpg (49 KB, 500x573) Image search: [Google]
1452950766721.jpg
49 KB, 500x573
>The League members all being shown to be dysfunctional, angry people that could have tipped over to the dark side easily if circumstances were a little different.
>>
>>81356383
Obvious ones out of the way

>Aquaman in the sea... AND IT TURNS TO BLOOD

>Cyborg as Humanity's Big Brother.

>Flash 2fast4humanity, everyone else frozen.
>>
>>81356354
Theyre saving him for part 2 and WB is scared shitless to try him again
>>81356383
>Bruce: You could of stopped him Bruce....
>Clark: You were never my son, you could never be one of us
>Diana: Everyone you love will grow old and die around you
>Cyborg: Your not a man, your not a machine, what are you!
>Flash: Youre a coward Barry! You just keep running away, you werent fast enough to get home and save your mommy
>Aquaman: You? A king? You'll doom your race
More or less what I predict
>>
At least pretend to have a source
>>
>>81356409
To late anon, we're getting Orm and the Trench. The studio could easily make him a shit loki knockoff. If I had it my way Manta would be the solo star villain
>>
>>81356321
Snyder isn't Catholic. Only Protestants, and specifically American Protestants, represent Christian themes in such shit ways. Protestants are the ones who make the God's Not Dead/Miracle from Heaven type movies while Catholics are making The Last Temptation of Christ and Calvary.
>>
>>81355077
>no Lobo movie
Thank fucking god.
>>
>>81356383
>Aquaman seas dolphins, orcas and other sea animals dead in an ocean of blood, their bodies floating

>Cyborg sees himself in basically a copy paste of the golden throne of w40k and people around him are horrible mutated half machine humans

>Flash he sees everyone die slowly forever and him unable to move to stop their deaths

>Wonder woman sees her people and civilization in ruins as soldiers destroy all monuments and rape all women
>>
>>81355077
They need to cast Bill Nye for Doctor Polaris!
>>
>>81356383
>Superman is just banged up on a kryptonite cross
>>
>biblical undertones
>undertones
I don't believe it for a second.
>>
>>81356421
>the flash decides to stop a robbery right in the middle of shopping
>this is somehow angry and dysfunctional
>>
>>81356421

That's because heroism is for idiots, Thomas! Any so-called "good" you do just shuffles suffering onto someone else, like screaming horses or a dog.
>>
>>81356630
>not doctor light
>not wanting Bill Nye the rapist guy
>>
>>81356173
Go back to bed Mark
>>
>>81356321
Ohhhh nnoooo! How dare a religious person put some of their beliefs in ther art! Literally worse than Hitler!
This is almost as bad as the New Ms Marvel reminding everyone she's Muslim! For Fucks Sake! Who cares if she believes in a shitty religion like Islam! Same goes to BMB puttimg jews in all his book! We don't need to hear about their dumb beliefs! Ugh, for fricks sake!
Religion should be banned from all media!
*tips fedora*
>>
>>81355963
With Snyder at the helm there can be no heroes. No clear cut agendas of how good can triumph over evil. No backstory or point of origin. Just dreams and dark themes on how they are not heroes but gods that average people can never amount to. Thus giving reason why they all have to be loners and weirdos, because interacting and relating with people is hard for Snyder so it has to translate to every character he touches.
>>
>>81356351
Ay tumblr calm down.
>>
>>81356661
He just wanted an excuse for not paying for that milk.
>>
File: 3463307_std.jpg (12 KB, 334x270) Image search: [Google]
3463307_std.jpg
12 KB, 334x270
>>81356713
Aye he be using some weird bait in this thread
>>
>>81356561
Why didn't Geoff stop this?! Oh well at least I hope Orm doesn't go full Loki in the comics.
>>
>>81356713
He is literally fucking up his movies and his characters with this shit. He is hitting us over the head with it so hard, that he puts Superman in a church in front of a fucking jesus vitro. Which is especially shitty because Jesus and the actual Superman didnt need two dads and a priest to guide them and a villain to blackmail them to become a hero/saviour.

Goddamn it, Morrison's Superman was saving the world in a pair of jeans not giving a fuck about bitches like the government or popular opinion or whether his identity got discovered. He just wanted to help and fuck the consequenses. That is superman.

Now, how this emo, indecisive faggot of Snyder's is anything like Superman or even Jesus is beyond me.

But yeah keep showing him in a cross position, keep pushing the religious shit and focus less and less on telling a good SUPERHERO STORY about a fucking alien and a fucking rich faggot dressing as a bat.
>>
File: 1424215391768.jpg (13 KB, 214x236) Image search: [Google]
1424215391768.jpg
13 KB, 214x236
>>81356805
>Barry is a serial grocery thief

>>81356778
want my sexy redheads dammit
>>
>>81355077

So if this is true Laurel dies and but we get a movie Canary?

I don't know if I want this.
>>
>>81356353
>>Batman could've become a cold-blooded killer
HE ALREADY IS. What's the point of this? What's the point of them teasing Jason if Batman already is a fucking Bat-Punisher the way Red Hood is? Are they going to team up instead of fight when Jason reappears?
>>
>>81356911
Oh dont worry, Felicity will take over
>>
>>81356919
It's just manslaughter.
>>
>>81356919
He's actually very hot-blooded like All-Star Batman & Robin's Bruce, that's the difference
>>
>>81356907
Oh I thought you meant red as in Native American.

You did say "white again" tho and redheads are technically white.
>>
>>81357063
I see you, Snyder.
>>
File: 1458749468669.jpg (51 KB, 548x398) Image search: [Google]
1458749468669.jpg
51 KB, 548x398
>>81356655
it's undertones in the Snyder sense, so it's as subtle as a freight train that rams into a fucking orphanage and puppy shelter.
>>
>>81355771
What if Darkseid is actually a giant cloud just like GALACTUS???? Perfect.
What i really wanted was a "Too good to kill you now" Darkseid that actually talks to Batman and Superman.
>>
>>81356655
>>81357203
>MoS is Jesus' baptism
>BvS is Jesus' cruxifiction and resurrection
>JL 1 is the foundation of the church by the apostles
>JL 2 is Armageddon and the 2nd coming of Jesus

BRAVA SNYDER
>>
>>81356061
Too bad he's a faggot.
>>
>>81357346
*crucifixion
>>
>>81355771
>darkseid being redesigned
>full of 2deep4u "subtle" biblical undertones
>more Superman being corrupted shit
>more forced Lois wanking
>more dream sequence shit with members facing le dark sides
>all members shown to be dysfunctional angry people
This sounds like absolute fucking shit. Which is to be expected from Snyder at this point. I don't get how anybody could be excited for what that faggot will produce.
>>
>>81357144
my mistake, sorry about that anon. actually native myself and couldn't give a fuck since I can't think of any good na characters, and certainly no female ones
>>
>>81357346
except Supes didn't rise from his grave in BvS.
>>
>>81355771
>with the League members all being shown to be dysfunctional, angry people that could have tipped over to the dark side easily if circumstances were a little different.
We already got that with Batman.

Maybe they'll pull an Adventure 02 Davis and show Batman not struggling with his torment because he already conquered it in BvS.

April Fools!
>>
>>81355077
Lex Luthor was the worst part of the movie.
>>
>>81357382
We're excited to see the way in which he fails. It's about the execution at this point.
>>
>>81357412
Snyder doesn't want to make the JL, be just wants to make a team of Murder Batman, Super Batman, Fast Batman, Techno Batman, Female Batman, and Aqua Batman.
Enjoy your Jesus allegories.
>>
>>81355077
Im sorry I just can't care anymore
>>
>>81355077
Alfred Molina as T.O. Morrow, that's like a dream cast. Who could be Magnus? I'm sure Matt Smith could do him justice
>>
>>81355317
source is April fool
>>
>>81357756
Epig.
>>
>>81357756
I don't know why someone would make a list o characters like that, it takes a lot of work, so we tend to believe on it.
>>
No one gives a fucking shit about fucking Cyborg. Why can't we just get Green Lantern in the Justice League movie?
>>
>>81358151
Diversity, and because WB is afraid to try Green Lantern again so soon
>>
>>81357756

A lot of these leaks predate april fools actually.

That doesn't make them true.

Though I believe we first heard about Canary from the same source we learned about Amber Heard playing Mera right?
>>
>this whole thread

Guess we're gonna pretend this isn't april fools
>>
>>81356740
You don't have to make it sound so depressing, Maria...
>>
>>81358210
it idsn't ,it's april 2nd dummy
>>
>>81355077
>JK Simmons
>"returning"
Okay nice "leaks" you got there
>>
Zack Snyder loves anime

https://youtu.be/qZjbNhLODKU
>>
>>81355231
>GREEN LANTERN CORPS will be centered on Hal Jordan and John Stewart.

Why couldn't it be Hal and Guy? Or fucking Kyle
>>
>>81358151
Geoff Johns convinced WB that Cyborg was the most famous black superhero because he didnt want them using Stewart for the JL instead of his husbando Hal.
It especially worked on Snyder since he loves Hal and his story.
>>
>>81355077
People are gonna call the Aquaman movie a Thor ripoff you know.
>>
File: 1446163444028.jpg (66 KB, 650x472) Image search: [Google]
1446163444028.jpg
66 KB, 650x472
>>81355077
>Imogen Poots
Heheh. Poots.
>>
>>81356610
i want a lobo movie, but i dont want to wish on the monkeys paw
>>
>>81355231
>GREEN LANTERN CORPS don't have defined villains yet
Y'know, if they weren't planning on using Braniac for anything...
>>
>>81358392

No. The Aquaman movie might actually turn out to be watchable.

Probably not though.
>>
>>81358594
That wasn't at all what I was talking about.
>>
>>81358392
no, that would imply people have actually seen the thor movies
>>
>>81358624
They have.

You may not like them, but people do see them.

God, it's impossible not to trigger you people nowadays.
>>
>>81358649
What how was that anon "triggered" lmao
>>
>>81355077
>James Remar is once again a cop adopting the son of a woman he had an affair with and trying to raise him right

Maybe this time his son won't be serial killer.
>>
>>81358649

But it's generally agreed that Loki is the only good thing. Even people that claim to like them view them as weakpoints to the entire MCU and as generally bad movies.

I know what you meant but if Aquaman turns out watchable the last thing anyone will compare it to is Thor. It'll just lead to idiots spouting

>They finally made Aquaman cool!

because all they know is Superfriends.
>>
>>81358649
it's called a joke anon, pretty sure I'm not the one who was triggered
>>
File: Black-Canary.jpg (127 KB, 550x828) Image search: [Google]
Black-Canary.jpg
127 KB, 550x828
>Alona Tal. She's been cast as Black Canary.
Where's tights?!?!?!?
>>
>>81359078

Alona Tal has been rumored since November.

Canary has been rumored to appear for quite some time.

Laurel dying really, really adds fuel to the fire honestly.
>>
>>81359137
So, is she gonna be in Justice League or what?

Might be interesting to see her in a Suicide Squad movie.
>>
File: aquaman+04+trench.jpg (797 KB, 1600x1232) Image search: [Google]
aquaman+04+trench.jpg
797 KB, 1600x1232
>>81355077
>>AQUAMAN will feature Ocean Master and the Trench. Black Manta is not slated to appear at this point.

I hope this is true, and that all of Wan's bullshit about backpedaling from Lovecraft and depicting Aquaman as a "lighthearted" and "fun" "swashbuckling adventure," in response to BvS's tonal criticism, is just bullshit.

>>81356830
Does Geoff actually prefer Manta to Orm? Manta appeared in Forever Evil, but he ended up doing a ton of work on Orm. If we're using his sympathetic interpretation of the character I'd vastly prefer him over Manta.
>>
>>81355077
>If it happens, it'll have a black director.
Racist.
>>
>>81355077

How do you make people care for a movie with all those characters crumped into it? I barely care for Cavill's Superman and it's been 2 movies.
>>
>>81355077

>poots

she was cute in the need for speed movie
>>
>>81355771

>A movie based entirely on dream sequences

Hack Snyder would
>>
File: 1429431346926.jpg (264 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1429431346926.jpg
264 KB, 1920x1080
>>81356877
THE RELIGIOUS STUFF IS GOOD, I'M SORRY IF YOU'RE TOO DUMB AND WEAR YOUR FEDORA TOO TIGHT TO GET IT

Everyone knows the story of Superman, or at least the basics. They know he came to Earth as a baby, they know he's from an alien civilization that blew up, they know he has flight and super speed and all that jazz, etc. But there's a difference between knowing something in the abstract and actually experiencing it in the flesh. It's this disconnect that causes extreme amount of distress, as the reaction to Man of Steel (both in the film universe and outside of it) demonstrate.

Now what's the connection to Jesus? Everyone knows the story of Jesus, or at least the basics. The virgin birth, the crucifixion, the resurrection, maybe even some of the miracles. Some even profess to believe in all of that actually occurring. But again, there's a difference between knowing/believing in something in the abstract, and experiencing it in real life. Jesus being around in the flesh would challenge the fundamental assertions of believers and nonbelievers alike. The latter because what they knew was wrong, and the former because Sunday School Jesus is not the same as the one that flipped over the moneychangers' tables.

So to bring it back to BvS, what Snyder's saying is not inherently "Jesus exists and He is the LORD". Rather, what he's saying is "For the sake of argument, assume Jesus exists and walks among us right now. How would His presence affect society?" It avoids the usual trap religious debates fall into ("Jesus did/did not exist or at least had no powers") and continues to a point that neither side is really comfortable in engaging.
>>
>>81359663
Seriously. There is no emotional investment here. Just a lot of hurt feelings and pretty set pieces. How is anyone supposed to look up to these costumed freaks when we don't even know them? And now he wants to add more characters when he couldn't handle the trinity. Characters that have over 100 years of lore and development between them.
>>
>>81359875
Anon, no one gives a shit about connecting Superman with Jesus. We just want Superman. And every time someone in the comics held him up to that level, he would quickly say "no cut that out guys, really" which BvS doesnt really do. Snyder may be able to bring up several points about a god walking among man, but he does jack shit with it in the end.
>>
>>81355077
>Snyder and Chris Terrio wrote the script together.

Shut it down, boys.
>>
>>81359875

I'm glad someone else gets this.

Zack Snyder is saying both blatantly and subtlety that the Justice League are fucking Gods.

Not just Superman, but Batman and Wonder Woman too, and I imagine The Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg too once Justice League comes out.
>>
>>81359994
>but he does jack shit with it in the end.

How come atheists are so dumb and are unable to pay attention to movies? Doomsday is the (literal) embodiment of the (metaphorical) false god created by humanity through Superman-worship. They are inherently linked, which is why Superman takes on the responsibility of killing Doomsday by sacrificing himself.

Superman died for your sins.
>>
>>81356188
Hypothetically, I can see him creating these nightmare things as a sort of experiment to learn something new about the Anti-Life Equation.
>>
>>81360116
Not an atheist, I just dont fucking care. If I wanted a sermon, Id go to one. Snyder can be as clever as he wants, he still made a mediocre film with a weak plot. How about a Superman that isnt a wet blanket 24/7?
>>
>>81360116

I think it's unfair to blame atheists here.

I'm an atheist. I loved the film, and I loved that Zack Snyder is saying the Justice League are Gods.
>>
>>81356353
Becoming one with the speedforce, constantly moving, see the world in slow motion. Like in Kingdom Come.
>>
File: Nereus.jpg (1 MB, 1448x2120) Image search: [Google]
Nereus.jpg
1 MB, 1448x2120
Did Snyder personally save the life of every executive at WB? Why is he still working on this? He's gone from polarizing at best with MoS to straight up putrid with BvS. It's clear he's not going to learn or take criticism. So why give him a project this big? They had no problem with firing Goyer. Just give him his pink slip and send him on his way. He had one too many chances and a third strike is only going to shit on an already nailed coffin.
>>
>>81360173

The Darkseid is winning/Injustice scene isn't a Nightmare. Bruce thinks it's a nightmare because he doesn't realise the power Barry Allen has, but it's a vision given to him by Barry. That's why the Flash shows up right after he's had it.

The other dream sequences are about Bruce falling even further into darkness.
>>
>>81360215
>How about a Superman that isnt a wet blanket 24/7?
It's called characterization, lamebrain. You obviously don't care for deeper plot threads, shun religion in movies like a typical neckbeard, and can't pay attention to serious stories. Maybe Marvel is more your level? the part where iron man said underoos made me laugh lol. I bet that sort of movie is more your level.
>>
>>81360255
His wife is a big executive producer at WB and has a lot of pull.
Really the entire film industry is nothing but people giving their family and friends cozy jobs, why do you think there's so many sibling directors?
>>
>>81360308
Ok let me be absolutely clear here, Im not saying superhero movies cant have deeper meaning or serious plots. Im all for it. Superman being one fucking note the entire film doesnt exactly scream characterization. Oh and way to drag Marvel into this, because thats clearly what I meant. Way to shitpost faggot. 1/10 for having me play along
>>
>>81360323
He must be a swell guy when he's not working for her to proudly tote him around the studio everyday.
>>
I just watched Justice League vs. Teen Titans, a movie that made me feel a lot more than Batman vs. Superman. Sure, a lot of it was cringey, but at least it wasn't mind-numbingly bland. And Raven was a lot cuter than Lois or Wonder Woman.

Anyway, why are they going with Darkseid when they could go with Trigon? Darkseid will just look like a ripoff of either Thanos or Galactus. Trigon would really bring the "Superman is Jesus" meme home, since he's basically a Satan.
>>
>>81360465
Not that guy but you're right. There is no characterization. Shit, Superman hardly even speaks. He just wrinkles his brow a lot. Which, last I checked, isn't character development or depth. I wanted more organic approach to this movie. Actual interaction and a real sense of something being a stake between these two misunderstood heroes. Instead we got a "significant other gets captured" device to fuel the conflict.
>>
>>81360221
Same here
>>
>Tao will never be remade as Hope...
Feels bad man!
>>
File: Lex_Luthor_Man_of_Steel_4.jpg (358 KB, 1278x868) Image search: [Google]
Lex_Luthor_Man_of_Steel_4.jpg
358 KB, 1278x868
>>81360795
>>
>>81355077
B-but Snyder isn't a writer he's a director!
>>
>>81360255
The worst part is, I think they only got Snyder because -- at the time when everything was being formulated -- the biggest names were unavailable and everyone else didn't want to do it. If WB were just a little more patient, they could have had some of the best directors and writers working on the DCEU.

The biggest names that WB would reach for would probably be Cuaron (working on Gravity) and Lord&Miller (21 Jump Street came out later than 2011, MoS's production star). L&M's influence is so massive that 1) they're writing The Flash's story AND 2) the spinoff of one of their movies will potentially be the best Batman movie released in the 2010s.

Just....ugh. Judging by
http://variety.com/2009/film/markets-festivals/warner-bros-wins-superman-case-1118005806/

and how MoS/BvS played out, you'd almost suspect that WB's treatment of Superman is just a way to piss of the Siegels and Shusters. Would that be stupid? Yeah. Petty? Of course. But in the world of film, it's not outside the realm of possibility.
>>
>>81360818
He's written movies before
He wrote sucker punch
>>
>>81360795
>Implying Mercy isn't a robot
>implying she won't beat the shit out of Batman while Superman handles Lex
>>
>>81355077

>"new twist" on a character.

Well fuck, that just got me worried.
>>
>>81360833
>they could have had some of the best directors and writers
fuck off, there's WAY too many burning bridges from that
>>
>>81356740
Go fuck off to your safe space, faggot.
>>
>>81355077
>>Zack Snyder might not direct JUSTICE LEAGUE 2 if JUSTICE LEAGUE also receives critical backlash.

Fucking hell, why are they giving him three chances?
>>
>>81360836
He actually help Goyer wrote MoS and BvS too...which is the reason it was so shit.
>>
>>81360990

WB really, really loves keeping talent on board
>>
>>81360990
Contracts. Plus he is probably easy to work with and will do whatever they tell him to.
>>
>>81360833
http://www.vulture.com/2010/10/fox_offers_wolverine_2_to_aronofsky.html

>. We're told by knowledgeable insiders the reason Warner Bros. picked Snyder for Man of Steel is that the script by David Goyer was rushed, is still a bit of a mess, and that Warner Bros. needs someone who won't spend months or even years trying to get it just right (i.e., Aronofsky), because time is the one thing they don't have: The studio must have a new Superman movie in production by 2011 or they'll be subject to potential lawsuits by the heirs of the superhero's creators.

They had to rush it because they were still in the middle of a lawsuit with Siegel and Shuster Estates. Copyright law was going to hand over Superman in 2008, but a 2001 settlement with Siegel's widow transferred the character to WB/DC in exchange for a yearly pension. The lawsuit only settled the December of 2012.
>>
>>81360833
It hardly matters at this point anyways. The public perception of Superman is tarnished for at least another 10 years. Even if they did fire Snyder, who would be stupid enough to even attempt to clean up this mess? It would require way to much work for any amount of money.

Snyder's metaphorical/philosophical dick has fucked the DCEU worse than Darkseid ever could. No matter how great the solo films are. They will always be tied to MoS and BvS. Imagine how embarrassing it is to have to tell someone 5 years from now "Yeah the rest of the films are great. Just skip the first two that are supposed to lead directly lead into them".
>>
>>81360833
>>81361069
Oh my bad, I didn't read the whole of your article. Need to sleep.
>>
>>81355077

>Amber Heard, Mera
Imogen Poots, black canary
James Remar, iris west
Alfred Molina darryl frye
and Ed Harris tomoas morros
General Wade Eiling??????????

is iris gonna be a dude?
cause im hype for gay flash
>>
>>81360470
He seems nice enough in the interviews and shit I've seen him in. He just can't make a good movie to save his life.
>>
>>81360255
>and a third strike

It's hilarious how people think Snyder has repeatedly bombed with his DC movies. BvS alone made 500 million in one week. Domestic ticket sales alone already account for 75% of the budget. Endorsement deals should be more than enough to cover the promotions.
>>
>>81361102
>The public perception of Superman is tarnished for at least another 10 years.

As if the decades old, out of date pop culture consensus of Superman isn't the real reason people dislike Superman.
>>
>>81355077
do we know who's cast for Oliver?
>>
>>81355077
Jesus. Marvel had the sense to drop Whedon after one mediocre film.
Snyder makes two shit movies and gets another chance?
>>
>>81362027
He was probably under contract for BvS and Justice League.

I think this oughta teach WB a lesson not to contract their directors for more than one movie at a time.
>>
>>81361883
If the movie doesn't clear a billion Snyder is doomed. Even if it does he might be in trouble. WB is kind of nutty, remember when they were disappointed in Man of Steel?
>>
>>81359875
i'd go further and say it completely kills the idea we currently have christianity as well,
the same way the movie kills it's superman to show that the concept of superman doesn't work, it's also saying that savior concept itself doesn't work
>>
>>81360116
>>81360221
the painting itself shows that light emanates outward from below, the earth
we are gods
>>
>>81362027
Whedon dropped himself because he's a beta cuck.
>>
File: 1459314656493.gif (2 MB, 300x170) Image search: [Google]
1459314656493.gif
2 MB, 300x170
>>81355077
>AQUAMAN will feature Ocean Master and the Trench. Black Manta is not slated to appear at this point.

Lmfao

If you want proof that WB has no fucking clue what it's doing with Aquaman, just read that line.

"I have an idea lets completely leave out Aquaman's arch nemesis who has been the basis of nearly every single good Aquaman story in existence and instead go with another boring Orm story"
>>
>>81359564
Geoff Johns once compared his Black Manta to Batman. That would've been fun to see

Orm has been complete shit as of late. I'm fucking tired of "Orm tries to politic his way to the throne" stories.
>>
>batman is an apostle who carries the message of hope
>darkseid force of nature, apocalyptic
>parademons seen on screen as swarm of locusts
>darkseid 'brands' earth, much like how batman wills justice into the world through his brand and how superman is summoned by people while also tethered as a statue
>superman and doomsday cancel each other other. dialectical ouroboros, hegelian even
>supermen/thesis creates doomsday/antithesis sacrifices self to negate doomsday synthesis >>>hope
>hope is the new thesis
>the dreams
'you never really remember the beginning of a dream you always end up right in the middle of what's going on'
>immediate jump to imax, IMAX HUGE SHOT of dream
'it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange'
>nolan is a producer and has honest discussions with snyder
>the flash scene
>these leaks of darkseid as a force of nature who also uses dreams
>the intense visual fantastical spectacle of literal iconoclasm, metaphors made flesh on screen at the climax of the movie that represented both concepts within the movie but for our own world as well
>>
>>81362745
You're a moron.
>>
>>81355077
I liked the movie, I don't know why there is so much backlash. Was it because it wasn't as comical as the Marvel ones?
>>
>>81362827
>batman wanted to kill superman , by extension metas as well
>paul persecuted christians
>has a vision, redeemed and spreads message of hope for redemption
>>
>>81362916
It's probably because it just wasn't that good of a movie
>>
>>81362843
He's not wrong.
>>
http://deadline.com/2016/04/batman-v-superman-box-office-second-weekend-gods-not-dead-2-1201729796/

>‘Batman V Superman’ Takes A Dive With $51M-$56M Second Weekend – Friday Evening B.O. Update

> Well, those poor critical reviews and mixed word of mouth for Warner Bros.’ Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice are finally making a dent in the pic’s second weekend, with a revised FSS take tonight of $51M-$56M. At the low end, that’s a 69% drop. One industry estimate even has the DC superhero mashup at –oy– a 71% drop with $48M.

About those repeat viewings...
>>
>>81362943
What was wrong with it? I thought it was engaging at points and I liked how they added Wonder Woman, I didn't think it felt forced.

The only part I was kind of laughing, was during the Day od the Death scene for multiple reasons which are boring and not interesting at all but you can read them if you want The Day of The Death is a celebrated on the center and south of Mexico since there are still very strong indigenous roots in those regions. Juarez is located on the border with the United States, so Halloween is more celebrated hereAlso there are no tall buildings in Juarez, since there is so much space here because we're in the middle of the desert, there is no need to build buildings taller than 4 stores

I still liked it a lot.
>>
>>81362997
>$51M-$56M. At the low end, that’s a 69% drop.

I guess you could say this proves gods not dead.
>>
>>81362827
>>81362941
>musically inclined people notice specific patterns within the movie, much how like people inclined to different literature, film, and ideas in general pick up on things that reference things that are familiar to them
>as far as i can tell 4chan is leading the effort in digging into the movie
>the whole movie is choreographed with an overt crescendo into the climax of the movie
>visual cues present return to tonal resolution ie bruce rising/the dirt rising dirt=earth=angels come from below

>today's use of social media
i take the movie to be a complete cultural opera using the biggest widest medium we currently have

>A Gesamtkunstwerk, translated as total work of art, ideal work of art, universal artwork, synthesis of the arts, comprehensive artwork, all-embracing art form or total artwork) is a work of art that makes use of all or many art forms or strives to do so. The term is a German word which has come to be accepted in English as a term in aesthetics.
>>
>>81363025
Oh no, instead of a trillion dollar profit we make a billion dollar profit
What a tragedy
>>
>>81363048
How can it make a billion dollar profit if it can't reach a billion in box office?
>>
>>81363048
The problem is that BvS seems to have burned a lot of fans.

And that might mean bad business for JLA.
So really, even if they made a lot of money off of this, the ripple effect of dropping this turd in the bowl might be really bad for WB.
>>
>>81355077
Well, as a not American, I find fascinating how the media still remembers 9/11 and the idea of it. I've seen it in this movie, in Winter Soldier and another place which I cannot remember at this point.

It's interesting how they transform this event into a recognizable symbol of fear for Americans.
>>
>>81355077
>Amber Heard - Mera
>Imogen Poots - Black Canary
>James Remar - Iris West
>Alfred Molina - Darryl Frye
>Ed Harris - General Wade Eiling
Barry - gay. Confirmed!
>>
Am I the only one who love Henry as Superman but thought Afflect was a shit Batman and they were both drowned by a shitty script/story with worst directing.
>>
>>81355077
I would laugh my ass off if they get the SA dude who directed all those shtity sci-fi movies to diredt the Cyborg movie cuz affffffrican roots and all
>>
>>81355077
there is no hope DCU is fucking dead
>>
File: faora_ul.jpg (146 KB, 778x1027) Image search: [Google]
faora_ul.jpg
146 KB, 778x1027
>>81363295
The only thing directed by Snyder I'd watch at this point, would be "the Erotic Adventures of Faora"
>>
>>81356642
>Batman dressed as a roman stabs him with the kryptonite spear
>>
>>81355077
>Gal Gadot is the permanent face of Wonder Woman like RDJ is for Iron Man
Well looks like DCMV is dead in the water.
>>
>>81363351
Gal dies, cutie Donna takes over
>>
>>81356919
The real question is how much worse does Jason have to be from this Bruce to warrant Bats stopping him.
>>
>>81363351
everyone dies
Legacy heroes all day everyday
It'll set the DCCU apart from the MCUC
>>
I'd do anything to get rid of asian jew Flash.
>>
Why do you fucks keep posting in a thread with no source.
>>
>>81363386
only thing they could do is have Bats chill the fuck out after BvS
and then Jason comes along acting just like Bruce used to
'I LEARNED IT FROM YOU, DAD!'
>>
>>81362027
He left because Avengers 2 was his 2nd and last movie. Marvel lets different directors for most of their movies. Look at Thor, 3 movies and 3 different directors.
>>
>>81362745
Implying there are any good Aquaman stories.
>>
>>81356919
He doesn't go into battle with the intent to kill everyone. Just the people who pull grenades on him and people who will roast civilians alive. If everyone just threw down the firearms he'd just knock some teeth out. You bring lethal force and he'll turn it against you.
>>
>>81357393
Forge. That's all I got. Is he the only Native American that's pretty cool?
>>
>>81355077
you people dont seriously belive any of this shit do you?
>>
>>81355771
>Punished League

Meh.
>>
File: timmanddini.gif (82 KB, 390x271) Image search: [Google]
timmanddini.gif
82 KB, 390x271
>they could have hired Timm and Dini as creative consultants

Nah, lets get the visionary director of "Sucker Punch" and put him in charge of this entire universe.

I hope Warner Bros. burns.
>>
>>81359564
Wan never backpeddled from his Lovecraftian influences.
>>
This is what Disney wants peolle to believe.
>>
>>81364830
...you have very bad taste in movies if I understand what you are implying cofrectly.
>>
>>81362997
Yep, that place is officially confirmed for a Disney shill site.
>>
>>81361883
yeah cause movie viewers are not going to get tried of it and stop going all together
Because that's what makes this so strange, if they keep fucking up everyday people are just going to think DC heroes are just dumb and stupid and hurt the IP to when they finally do get a good cast assembled no one is gonna want to see it.
>>
>>81361044
He won't do whatever they tell him to. That's precisely the problem.
>>
>Snyder coming back
>Even more bloated movie with more characters to butcher in less time.
>More talks of Biblical references.
>Changing Flash/Reverse Flash story to differ from the show, the one thing they did perfectly.

T-Third time is the charm, right guys?
>>
>>81363386
>>81363475
Maybe Bruce is the way he is now because of Jason's death, which is what actually happened in the comics and it's why Tim made himself Robin.
>>
>>81361044
no much like Joss he fights up a storm to get his way.
Unlike Joss surprisingly he doesn't throw the producers under the buss when he fucks up.
>>
>>81355077
>any shazam news

based

No idea why they're bothering with Black Canary. I'd rather they just do a full fledged Green Arrow movie.
>>
>>81362916
Nightmare, the flash and meta human kinda fucked the pacing of this movie and they're all unnecessary scene, cut all of it out and this movie will be much more smooth.
>>
>>81366693

I'd love even them just placing a tentative release date for a green arrow movie, even if it's in the mid 2020s, just for stephen amells reaction
>>
>DREAMS

>DREAMS EVERYWHERE
>>
>>81355077
Have they not fucking learned already? Boot him off NOW you fucks.
>>
File: 1459048443676.png (202 KB, 290x666) Image search: [Google]
1459048443676.png
202 KB, 290x666
>>81355077
What the fuck

No Black Manta no buy
>>
>>81355771
>Darkseid is a "force of nature", and is impending arrival is described as "apocalyptic" with biblical undertones.
I am okay with this, but i dont trust snyder the slightest to pull it off
>>
>>81355077
>>Zack Snyder might not direct JUSTICE LEAGUE 2 if JUSTICE LEAGUE also receives critical backlash.
So wait, he IS directing Justice League? Even after 2 terrible movies?

Even Favreau and Whedon didnt get to make 3 movies
>>
>>81367584
Darkseid will be a cloud with evil red eyes.
>>
>>81367660
Sounds like something snyder would do
>>
>>81355771
>darkseid tries to corrupt superman
Sounds like a waste of time.
>>
>>81356740
good triumph over evil was the whole point of BvS
>>
>>81365929
They're making it all based on the New 52, anon. Look at Suicide Squad.

No it won't be.
Thread replies: 229
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.