[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only person on /co/ who likes Marvel and DC equally?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1
Am I the only person on /co/ who likes Marvel and DC equally?

Why can't you autistic fucks just enjoy both for what they are? Do any of you even read comics?
>>
>>81354851
My gf likes both equally. She appreciates the variety. I like both too, but I like DC more because I'm a DC fag.
>>
>>81354851
Company Wars have been scientifically proven to be 100% caused by movieshit.
>>
>>81354851
>am I the only
nope
>>
>>81354851
>comics
DC comics is infinitely better than Marvel comics
>>
Used to. Then with all the events and continuity shifts I just picked one to stick with and it happened to be Marvel. I don't hate DC, I just don't know anything after Flashpoint. At least some day I can go back and catch up on the good stuff I miss this way.
>>
>tfw after Vision ends I probably won't be reading any Marvel comics
I hope Blank Panther is good. I have next to no interest in the character, but the fact that Marvel hired a new (to comics) writer for it gives me hope. I just don't understand why they let their same handful of shitty workmen just churn out mediocre book after mediocre book.
>>
>>81354851
I'd imagine most people here like them both to some extent. But you're letting the loud minority of company-wars fags make you believe otherwise.
>>
>>81355903
>minority

Company-war fags are movie niggers who outnumber comic readers many times over.
>>
>>81354851
I'd like to think it's just shitposting. But it's probably not.

Why would anyone limit what's out there to be enjoyed?
>>
In all honesty it's because it gives people the chance to feel like they're part of something bigger than themselves and when whatever team they chooses 'wins' they vicariously do. Even though in reality they don't. But you have to consider the vast majority of comic fans and movie fans that do this are the stereotypical social outcast that doesn't have any 'teams' in their life, whether it be friends, family, community, sports, anything. They latch on to anything that can make them feel part of something larger than themselves so they don't have to face their shitty reality every day.
>>
>>81354851
i dislike them both equally

so no
>>
Most comic fans buy and read shit from both companies and a few different indies and don't really care for company wars debates and arguments.
>>
>>81354851
I'm with you OP. If a comic is good it doesn't matter what company it's from. The weird territorial pissing contest is so foreign to me.
>>
>>81355467

>Calling it "DC Comics"

Yea. I can yell you're a real expert.
>>
>>81355969

OP here. How can we make these fags go to /tv/ where they belong?
>>
>>81357238

They need to make posting in /co/ only possible via a comixology account with 150 purchases
>>
>>81356205

Sadly I don't believe it's shitposting or trolling, autists have been having this argument for decades. It's like the retarded "star wars/star trek" argument. People getting rabidly defensive about a creative property that they had absolutely no input in creating.
>>
>>81357300

No cause then I couldn't post :^)
>>
>>81354851
Brand wars are amongst the most disgusting behavior I have seen human beings from developed countries engage in.
>>
>>81354851
>Am I the only
No

>Do any of you even read comics?
No
>>
>>81357585

B-but what is good for a giant faceless corporation is good for all of us too!
>>
>>81357603

OP here I had a good laugh
>>
>>81357585

I agree. There's absolutely no point.
>>
>>81357300
>buying digital
disgusting
>>
>>81357304
>Disney owns both Star Wars and Marvel

My god.
Okay, we need to start instigating a new wave of Star Wars vs. Star Trek fights across the Internet. I want to see what the current paradigm is.
>>
>>81357182
>being so linguistically retarded you couldn't tell he was using DC and Marvel as proper adjectives
This is why you're shitposting here on /co/ with me and not /lit/
>>
>>81355584
Judging from an interview, I'm not holding much hope. But I may have read the synopsis wrong.
>>
I have only read Marvel because of Spider-Man because I like the slice-of-life elements.
There anything rom-com and fun in Superman? I like Clark, but I'm not sure Lois can carry the strip.
Lana Lang is a character I'd really like to see Supes hang out with.
>>
I mean, I may not like both equally, but I love both, for sure.
>>
>>81357865
>taking physical tpbs or graphic novels while commuting or to school
>>
>>81358097
Wow, the name I got is bizarrely similar to my actual name.
>>
>>81357929

How am I shitposting when I make a valid inquiry based on all of the actual shitposting that goes on here
>>
>saying "he" when we all know you are samefagging
>>
>>81354851
>comics
It's called Jewish manga thank you very much.
>>
>>81360311

Jenga?
>>
>>81357238
I remember there was chance to vote for capeshit adaptation board, and I think /co/ voted against it.

Instead we got /aco/, which turn out to be western /d/. Later, we got /trash/ for furfags.

To answer your question, we need mods to actually give a shit. Sadly, we need a second containment board or general.

At least storytimes are somewhat immune to casuals, though there's not a lot of storytimers left. I tried storytiming a indie comic today, and it only stayed up 1 hour.
>>
I dislike both of them equally. Does that count?
>>
>>81354851
no, you are never 'the only one', no matter how much you wish it.
>>
>>81354851
theres a lot of stigma around marvel recently, mainly due to thier shitty pandering desicions like the preg spider woman or black spiderman, and is more or less run by idiots. The films are seem to be a point of dislike due to how safe and therefore stagnant they're becoming.

Not to say DC doesnt fuck up, new Lobo is shit and looks more like male live wire not to mention jokers daughter. but i think in twenty or so years, this era of marvel will indefinitely be looked upon as a dark age of comics.
>>
>>81354851
It's when people cling to something and make it their identity. So they feel attacked when someone else doesn't like what they like.
>>
The only real reason I dont like Marvel as much is because Marvel stans cant seem to keep their mouths shut.
Now I cant think of picking up a Marvel comic without remembering these dumbasses
>>
>>81354851
I like them both. I just think that, at the moment, DC's comic output has been better than Marvel's, but this hasn't consistently been true. Give it a few years and maybe it'll be the other way around.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.