[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best magic person(s)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: Dr Fate vs Dr Strange.jpg (218 KB, 905x701) Image search: [Google]
Dr Fate vs Dr Strange.jpg
218 KB, 905x701
top 5 of your fav magic people in DC and marvel GO!

Dr. Strange
Dr. Fate
Constantine
Zatana
Raven

What is star Fire?
>>
Dr. Fate
Alan Scott
Hellstrom
Klarion
Spectre
>>
>>81354280

Dr. Fate
Dr. Strange
Raven
Etrigan
Constantine
>>
jeroen thornedike
alan scott
klarion
constantine
raven
>>
Any DC magician >>>>> Any marvel magician

They dont even use actual magic
>>
>>81354859
Yes they do. It's been said "magic" all the time. what the fuck else are they using?
>>
>>81354859
Agreed on the power thing, but not in your attempted meme. Try harder next time, like phrasing it as a question then citing difficult to verify sources.
People will actually start believing you then and a whole conversation will start up, you'll see.
>>
File: 1459109011900.png (3 MB, 998x1397) Image search: [Google]
1459109011900.png
3 MB, 998x1397
>>81354904
science
>>
>>81354934
That I agree with.
What it means is that science and magic aren't opposed, just as how a blind man "sees" and a sighted man sees are not mutually incompatible.

But I WILL argue that there is no sorcery in Marvel because there obviously is.
>>
>>81354934
by this definition, that means any one can study and harness magic.
>>
>>81355058
That's actually a major difference between Marvel and DC.
In Marvel anyone at all can study sorcery and magic given enough time and a teacher or materials, but in DC magic is at least partially an inborn ability unique to a subspecies of humanity.
>>
>>81355568
>any one in Marvel
Then explain where in the Dr Strange animated movie where the little girl touches him and he sees what she sees.
Same thing in DC, people are given it too.
Same concept in DC, they can too, I think at one time, Batman had to learn magic (or said fuck it and called Zatana)
>>
>>81354280

(In no particular order:)

Zatana
Etrigan
Constantine
Morgan Le Fay
Dr. Fate
>>
>>81354280
Jason Blood/Etrigan (he counts as one right? if not just bump the last person off the list)
Zatana
Strange
Constantine
Circe
>>
>>81354859
Dr. Strange can probably hang with DC shenanigans, but he'd be the only Marvel human that could.
>>
>>81357779
Deadpool would try to hang with Batman and he'd try to kill him knowing he couldn't.
>>
>>81354280
>Starfire
An alien princess who was genetically modified along with her brother and sister to shoot energy blasts?
>>
>>81355568
>In Marvel anyone at all can study sorcery and magic given enough time and a teacher or materials, but in DC magic is at least partially an inborn ability unique to a subspecies of humanity.
John Constantine would disagree.
>>
>>81355731
Wrong.

Chaos Magic in Marvel cannot be learned unless granted/imbued by Chthon. It's his magic not anyone else's.
>>
>>81355731
>watching marvel animated movies
The only one worth watching was the ultron one spun off of emh
>>
>>81354904
>>81355568

Because Marvel does not have magic the same way DC has it.

Marvel magic is just technology, that's it. Conjured fireball is the same damn thing as a flamethrower. It does not do things like harm invulnerable guys that are weak to magic. Because it's not some mystical force that needs defending from.
>>
>>81354467
Counting Spectre as 'magic' is a bit of a cheese
>>
>>81358762
I've liked most of them.

>>81359494
When they get something from thin air then? Teleportation?
How is it the same if it's tech? there are no parts to it at all, just words and writing
>>
>>81359528
Same way a Green Lantern does? Or Black Bolt, or a replicator? It just looks like sorcery.
>>
>>81354280
>Dr, Occult
>Ragman
>Detective Chimp
>Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld
>Blue Devil
>>
>>81359527
He's the hand of god. And I think anyone included in Gaiman's Books of Magic should count, with the exception of Dr. 13.
>>
>>81359621
GL's get their energy from something that transmits it yes. BUT where does the Green Will energy comes from the elders get it then?
>>
>>81359494
You're using the word technology incorrectly.
Technology requires a device, by definition. Every magic-user in Marvel has never even once required devices, even the one that has in theory required them.

Science =/= Technology.
Not the same thing. Technology is a specific BRANCH of science.
>>
>>81354280
1) Dumblydoor
2) Grandloff the Beige
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
99) Marvel Wizards
99) DC Wizards
>>
>>81360584
GOD DAMN IT BOB NO. DC AND MARVEL NOT OTHER FUCKING WIZARDS!
DUMBLEDOOR IS BASICALLY CHEATYFACE
>>
>>81359796
the writers put it there
>>
>>81360584
>Implying the Wizards of the Cast aren't #1
>>
>>81360798
well shit.
>>
>>81354934
"Science is magic explained."- Anarky
>>
>>81359985
The magic-user IS the device.
>>
>>81361238
That's probably the single saddest and most lack of effort put into a lousy incorrect response I've ever heard.
I'm actually kinda impressed.
>>
>>81361268
It's sad that you think this is a good response.
>>
File: cukt.png (54 KB, 254x331) Image search: [Google]
cukt.png
54 KB, 254x331
>>81354859
>>81359494
>Marvel magic is just technology
THIS is how you react to getting BTFO in all of those strange threads?
Fo' shame, anon.
>>
File: Universe X 10 - 02.jpg (52 KB, 200x514) Image search: [Google]
Universe X 10 - 02.jpg
52 KB, 200x514
>>81359494
Actually conjured fireballs are made from the Flames of The Faltline, The Faltline being the alternate dimension they're siphoned from with different scientific laws & physical properties to the caster's own. That base difference being what makes the fire "mystical" and the invulnerable weak to it.
So for all your salt you're wrong yet again. :^)
>>
>>81359985
>Technology requires a device, by definition. Every magic-user in Marvel has never even once required devices,

Strange uses the Eye of Agomotto and the Cloak of Levitation. He does not conjure a damn thing from his fingers.
>>
>>81365652
That is still not magic, that is just fire from somewhere else. It would still not harm someone like superman because it has no specific magical quality to burn things outside of what ordinary fire can do. Anything that is fireproof is fine from that stuff. Meanwhile DC fire spells will hurt Superman despite his invulnerability because magic fire requires magic defenses.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.