[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone actually like that a lot of Marvel Powerlevels are lower?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 22
File: lqs0cyv5tS1qj9e4io1_1280.jpg (168 KB, 750x509) Image search: [Google]
lqs0cyv5tS1qj9e4io1_1280.jpg
168 KB, 750x509
As compared to the more high scale epic feats seen in DC stuff. This comes up mostly in the constant VS around here. But does anyone actually like how Marvel will have a superstrong character max out at a couple tons or has a speedy type run a few hundred miles an hour?

This is not meant as a defense for low power levels in a vs but I just prefer it if they stay away from things like pushing a planet or exceeding lightspeed while jogging on the street. I take it as sort of a way to keep the amazing superpowered fantasy grounded at least a little bit.
>>
File: 1457556963224.jpg (22 KB, 416x416) Image search: [Google]
1457556963224.jpg
22 KB, 416x416
>>81353139
>Waaaaah my side lost another vs so I had to make a bullshit thread to console myself!
>>
>>81353139
There are plenty of marvel characters with Superman level strength, Hyperion, Gladiator, Sentry, Silver Surfer and Thor to name a few. This would be common knowledge if /co/ read comics.
>>
>>81353262
Yea they are up there but Marvel does not do things like have them shove planets away from meteors etc. Marvel as a whole does seem to be a lot more toned down while DC can at times come off as over the top.
>>
>>81353262
Pretty much this. Also, Jessica needs to fuck off with that VS stuff. Everyone with a brain knows that powerlevel threads are bullshit because each side knows a lot about the character they're defending but don't know jackshit about the opposing character.
>>
Am I the last person that just does not give a shit how a character from one company stacks up against a character from another company?
>>
>>81353139
>Marvelcucks being Marvelcucks

So what's your point Jessica? Someone showed up your favorite character you you made this thread to spitefully claim that you're still cool with it?
>>
>>81353324
>Marvel does not do things like have them shove planets away
Hulk destroyed an asteroid that was twice the size of the Earth, destroyed an actual planet, and held some tectonic plates in place. Hyperion kept two planets from crashing into each other and survived the simultaneous deaths of two universes.

But when it comes down to it, none of it really matters because they are fictional characters.
>>
>>81353619
I thought Hyperion was designed to be over the top like that.
>>
>>81353256
Why even make those in the first place?
>>
>>81353139
Oh look it is someone who does not read comics at all and only reads forums.

Can you do me a favor and fucking kill yourself right now? That would be great.
>>
File: 3498682.jpg (222 KB, 855x1276) Image search: [Google]
3498682.jpg
222 KB, 855x1276
>>81353810
Marvelfucks need to know their place.

The shitty uncreative ripoff company that never once had a good idea only steals everything DC creates and then tries to get away with their "Original concepts" by making their properties into pathetic quip filled comedies further leading the mainstream viewers into thinking that is what comics are all about. But their most pathetic aspect is how they parade Stan Lee around like he is some fucking god for reading DC and then shifting the names around slightly and pretending he invented something. The man deserves to be sued into poverty and die.
>>
>>81353262
I try to think of the last time Gladiator did not job, and I can only think of the I am the Juggernaut, Bitch, old Meme
>>
Whelp, anyway back to topic. I guess I just never really read much of the high tier stuff like Annihilators or Silver Surfer. I like the street level stuff mostly. But even though I don't read them it still looks like DC's street is still pretty high in power most of the time.

But then again comparing anyone to Bat-god is not totally fair. Flash is someone that I really cannot get a feel for where they belong. At a glance he really looks like a street level hero with very street level Spider-Man style villains. But then he seems to be described as the most powerful character DC has at times.

I sort of like guys like Luke Cage who is really in the middle, he is not epic by any means but definitely not just a street ninja.
>>
>>81353973
Antonio, do you need a hug?
>>
File: sps48.jpg (81 KB, 549x401) Image search: [Google]
sps48.jpg
81 KB, 549x401
>>81353262
Sorry no

No one in Marvel even approaches Superman in Strength
>>
>>81354340
which version of Superman, exactly?
>>
File: 2421475-pc6sx5.jpg (163 KB, 568x762) Image search: [Google]
2421475-pc6sx5.jpg
163 KB, 568x762
>>81354340
marvelkucks keep claiming Hulk is but no one in the industry ever saw it
>>
>>81353139
>This is not meant as a defense for low power levels in a vs but I just prefer it if they stay away from things like pushing a planet or exceeding lightspeed while jogging on the street. I take it as sort of a way to keep the amazing superpowered fantasy grounded at least a little bit.
It's fine, it just precludes them from doing some really high concept sci-fi/fantasy stuff like Multiversity and Final Crisis. I like good low powered street level stories and I like just really weird out there stuff. As long as it's enjoyable and entertaining, it doesn't really matter what the power levels are.
>>
>What is World War Hulk
>What is Secret Wars
There is a really wide margin of power in the marvel universe, at least among the most popular heroes. I mean Mr. Fantastic has a device that would one-shot Superman.

I think however, that Marvel works better than DC with low power characters. It's hard to see DC make Batman into fucking Metron but when he's going to go back to his regular position months from now he's still going to have to deal with chucklefucks like Penguin.
>>
>>81354425
Hulk cannot even handle Batman
>>
>>81354425
you realize thats completely noncanon, yes?
>>
>>81354340

Void/sentry, gladiator and any mutie reality warper would be "stronger" than nu52superman by far
>>
>>81353324
There's a Thor comic where he hits a planet with his hammer and shatters in half.

Read comics.
>>
>>81354549
Why would I want to read the garbage that is marvel comics?
>>
>>81354578
You don't read comics at all so I suppose it doesn't matter.
>>
File: 738927-dark_prime_full.jpg (180 KB, 1280x914) Image search: [Google]
738927-dark_prime_full.jpg
180 KB, 1280x914
>>81354514
Yea because it's not like Kal has ever taken on a reality warper before right?
>>
File: clancy-brown.jpg (106 KB, 636x457) Image search: [Google]
clancy-brown.jpg
106 KB, 636x457
>>81354578
I mean, you already read the garbage that is DC
>>
>>81353973

>what is spiderman
>what is the hulk
>what is Thor
>what is Iron Man
>what is the X-men
>what is Deadpool

I could for days faggot. Why not just appreciate both sides for what they bring to the table instead of being a condescending asshole. Oh wait that's right everyone on /co/ is a massive sperglord
>>
So Marvelkecks only have quippers that talk to ants and win fights by dance-off. So DC outpowers their best and brightest in every possible way.

You still have your comedies, and plenty of quips to keep you laughing for hours and hours.

But if you actually want to read about superheros doing heroey stuff that includes actual villains and not alcoholic actors then come on over to the DC side. You might just like what you find over here.
>>
>>81354682

>Blue Beetle
>Grundy
>Captain Marvel
>Lex Luthor
>Doom Patrol
>Deathstroke

All the original versions of the shitty Marvel knockoff. I can do this for days too dumbshit. Just name a character and I'll tell you who Stan Lee stole them from. The man in physically incapable of having an original idea if it killed him.
>>
>>81354624
>Nu52
>>
Powerlevel faggotry has always been more of a DC game.
>>
>>81353256
>>81353591
>>81353973
>>81354340
>>81354425

Okay buuuut, at a glance it looks like

>Marvel fans are having a discussion about powers represented
>DC fans are only here to troll
>>
>>81354834
For the longest time I thought it was more of a Superman thing. At least with Silver Age superman it looks like the writers were really concerned with any character of any other book having something over him. So they would come up with a random power of the week to keep him on top of the power totem pole.
>>
>>81354722
are you upset about how shitty BVS was? i sounds like you are DESU
>>
>>81353973
Antonio, it's okay. I know Snyder hurt you, but it'll be okay in the end, you'll see. Someday you'll get the DC movie that you deserve.
>>
>>81354782
beyond "Bug-themed superhero", how are they at all similar?

Also, LOL, not gonna mention how Aquaman actually DID rip off Namor, and not ina "They look vaguely similar if you squint" way, their literally both Atlantean Royalty. But, of course, facts don't real to DCucks
>>
>>81353139
Spidey's pose in this pic is fabulous.
>>
>>81354947
>Aquaman-hero from the 40's
>Namor-Fantastic Four villain from the 60's

Do the math moron.
>>
>>81355026
I would love for you to actually read that specific FF issue.
>>
>>81355026
Namor's from the 30's, friend.
>>
>>81354722
>But if you actually want to read about superheros doing heroey stuff that includes actual villains and not alcoholic actors then come on over to the DC side. You might just like what you find over here.

But if I want to waaatch it I have to....umm.....damn.... glue a comic to my tv?
>>
>>81354782

Literally what? How are any of these characters similar. Spiderman and blue Beetle? Because they're both named after Arthropods? Fucking Thor is based on the actual myth of Thor, the only similarities are that they both are related to lightning which Thor (as a concept) had a few thousand years before Captain Marvel existed. I concede that Grundy and Og hulk had visual similarities but that's about it. Lex Luthor is pretty much evil and barely ever wears a suit, whereas Iron Man is generally a good guy and wears a fucking suit all the time, literally only similarities are that they are rich and smart. I could make points about the rest but I can imagine that it wouldn't get through your thick skull. Are you so autistic that you feel compelled to make baseless, arbitrary comparisons between characters who don't even vaguely resemble eachother?
>>
>>81355026

Namor from the sixties?! Have you ever even seen an actual comic book??
>>
>>81355121
Unrelated, but Captain Marvel wasn't even owned by DC comics either actually and was a ripoff of Superman himself.
And actually, Blue Beetle was made by DC comics either for that matter.
>>
>>81354840
Sour grapes, Jana.
>>
>>81353139
>The Thing
>bigger than 6'
Well, looks like we got ourselves one hot load of garbage tonight.
>>
>>81355026
I'd correct you, but everyone else already has
>>
>>81355121
Luthor wasn't even rich in the sixties, that was a mid-80's thing
>>
File: 1457369348656.jpg (103 KB, 736x800) Image search: [Google]
1457369348656.jpg
103 KB, 736x800
>>81353619
>Hyperion kept two planets from crashing into each other and survived the simultaneous deaths of two universes.
i need this, give me the names of the issues brah
>>
>>81355449
It was in an early issue of Hickman's Avengers.
>>
File: 20160401_232439.png (80 KB, 1044x478) Image search: [Google]
20160401_232439.png
80 KB, 1044x478
>>81355026
Please tell me you're not actually this stupid, Debra.
>>
So....dc fans...
>>
>>81354340
This is retarded on an incredibly basic level
>>
>>81353707
Hyperion is essentially superman
>>
Yes. I used to be a HUGE DC guy growing up and couldn't give a shit about Marvel at all, but I've grown to really love the more street-level fighting and such.

With DC, they pump their characters up to retarded levels and expect you to believe it, which especially doesn't help because so many of their characters are unbelievable (Aquaman, Green Arrow, fucking Batman)

With Marvel, the characters are believable, but when they do stupid shit with them it's FUNNY. Granted, they've fucked up a lot, but the characters feel like real people who realize they're living in batshit nonsenseland and embrace that. DC only managed to reach that point occasionally in the animated series.
>>
>>81354514
New 52 Superman lifted the weight of the earth for 5 days without sunlight.
>>
>>81354722
The fact that this is so important to you while not understanding that both side have something to offer makes you come across as a 12 yeah old frustrated that BBS didn't get good reviews
>>
>>81355956
Superman is only fun when he's doing incredible shit off panel and you only see the effects. Like he's the super-janitor.

That or when he pulls JoJo's Bizarre Adventure level bullshit on enemies like the time he convinced a guy that he cut a superpowered tumor out of his brain with eye lasers.
>>
>>81354722
This loser sitting here laughing like Reed Richards, Doom and Dr. Strange couldn't shut down 99.9% of DC characters in 15 minutes.
>>
>>81353139
Marvel is full of Teleporters and Psychics, reality warpers

While DC has alot of Magicians
>>
File: do want.jpg (75 KB, 447x596) Image search: [Google]
do want.jpg
75 KB, 447x596
SWIGGITY SWOOTY
GONNA GET ME SOME SPIDER BOOTY
>>
File: 1450162509086.jpg (41 KB, 500x294) Image search: [Google]
1450162509086.jpg
41 KB, 500x294
>>81354340
superman is one of the weakest heroes around almost every marvel hero can destroy the sun and cuck him out of his powers
>>
>>81354682
>>what is spiderman
OK
>>what is the hulk
Do murrikans don't know what is Jerkl and mr Hyde?
>>what is Thor
Thor was used in DC first in sandman and then by KIRBY at DC. A cowbow found the hammer and had powers over lightning and rain
>>what is Iron Man
not original
>>what is the X-men
Not otiginal
>>what is Deadpool
Not original
>>
>>81355449
Get this away.
>>
>>81356671
are all euro fags this obnoxious?
>>
File: 1444769780051.jpg (43 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
1444769780051.jpg
43 KB, 630x630
The one thing worse than Superman vs Batman powerlevel discussions are Marvel vs DC powerlevel discussions.
>>
>>81356671

>Thor was used in DC first in sandman and then by KIRBY at DC.

WHOA WHOA WHOA you mean Stan Lee DIDN'T creat the norse god of thunder?
>>
>>81355070
I like how they never replied to this.
>>
>>81354504
I'd just like to point out that even if it's non-canon, Superman's still facing a weaker version of the Hulk. I doubt that he can tank punches from World War Hulk, who was able to beat down Sentry who's an even stronger version of Superman.
>>
>>81356671

Thor was actually used by norsemen thousands of years ago so your point is moot. Also I'm not American so that point is also moot. How is Iron Man not original, especially considering the time period he originated in? Just because hulk is an expression of the dualistic nature of man doesn't make the character arc of Bruce Banner/Hulk less original. When you really look at it, all comic book heroes are personifications of ancient heroes or idealistic representations of old interpretations of the human psyche.
>>
File: Sentry BTFO Molecule Man.jpg (866 KB, 1280x1977) Image search: [Google]
Sentry BTFO Molecule Man.jpg
866 KB, 1280x1977
>>81355956

And? That is STILL shit compared to what Sentry can do.

Sentry could fuck over MOLECULE MAN. Freaking Molecule Man, you know, the guy who can control Molecules? Yeah, at some point, Sentry found out he can do it even better than the guy himself. Pic related.

And apparently he fought Galactus to a stand still. Now, let's just say that the Galactus he fought was EXTREMELY weak and extremely hungry. Galactus at his very weakest was still able to destroy multiple solar systems. This means that Sentry was able to hang in there with someone who could wipe out Superman with his damn sneezing.

Supes just can't really be compared to the Sentry. He's strong, but Sentry is stronger.
>>
>>81357690
Yea but I bet those Norsemen appeared in Action Comics first!
>>
>>81353139
Phoenix.
Hell, Teen Jean Grey just handed Gladiator his ass, without using Phoenix Force, and that guy is basically Superman.
There's also Namor, who typically gets shafted but who's knocked out Hulk with a punch.
Hercules, Blue Marvel, Silver Surfer, Sentry, Captain Marvel back when she was Binary, Motherfucking Thor (the real one), Hyperion.

Hulk is really not all that, if he's not written by rabid fans.

Still, Superman is better.
>>
It really looks like a lot of silver age writers did not know when to quit when it came to power escalation. And a lot of it moved over to the modern era as standard. So yea we have comparison situations where

>Ant Man can shrink but Atom shrinks to subatomic sizes and plays with electrons
>Quicksilver can run as fast as sound, Flash runs as fast as light, and can control the "element" of speed
Namor swims at 60mph, Aquaman swims at 300-400mph
>Reed can stretch, Plastic Man can form into any shape no matter how difficult
>Tigra turns into a cat lady, Cheetah turns into a cat goddess

Now a lot of this has changed very recently by having Pym outgrow the whole universe, even though he was always before hindered by things like square cube law. Sentry doing straight reality warping. And Black Bolt screaming holes in the universe. But before it looked like the DC version was always raising things to ridiculous levels more often.
>>
>>81353324
Do you not actually read comics?
>>
>>81354086
Then maybe you should read about actual street level heroes.
>>
>>81359142
>Black Bolt screaming holes in the universe.
It was the Terrigen Bomb that blew a hole in the universe if I'm remembering right, didn't he go into a space coma after that?
>>
>>81359211
We established in the first reply that this asshole never read a single fucking thing and only goes to vs threads.
>>
>>81359293
He yelled his way back into this universe when he woke up, and also ripped another hole to get an infinity gem for the illuminati. The bomb was all him and he just hasn't made a hole as big as the fault but he has ripped the space and time three times now.
>>
>>81353139
That's a garbage Luke Cage costume. He looks like Morpheus from The Matrix. I honestly thought it was Blade at first.
>>
>>81353973
Kek. You cucks have been stealing ideas for years. Modern Batman is basically a Daredevui ripoff. Vertigo is an Epic ripoff. Lex Luthor became a Kingpin ripoff. The reason why Watchmen and TDKR exists is solely because of Miller's DD run. Marvel were revitalizing the medium while you were making comic books for kids with autism.

DC is dead. Bury it. Consider this mercy.
>>
>>81361027
Oh and have I mentioned Marvel invented the term "Graphic Novel"?

Keep stealing DZzz. Maybe you'll shine again someday.
>>
>>81353973
Aquaman is a poor attempt at making Namor
:)
>>
So, I want to get more into Marvel. Should I just pick favorite characters and look into good runs?
>>
>>81362307
yeah. The events are notorious for being pointless
>>
>>81362307
What's your favorite character?
>>
>>81362328
Yeah, DC's events are usually not much better. Rebirth will likely get a pass regardless of quality cause atleast the main story will be over and done with one issue.
>>
>>81355797
Best way I've seen it put personally.

On one hand I liked DC much more growing up but it doesn't have the same self-awareness.
>>
>>81355026
You're better than this Debra
>>
>>81362350
Daredevil. Just picked up Frank Miller's run, but I'm trying to determine if there is anything I should read before that.
>>
>>81362460
No. But if you're still interested, Conway's run is pretty decent. Other than that, you should read Bendis' run.
>>
>>81362487
I was just wondering cause I stumbled across a reading order that said to read like the first 11 issues of Stan Lee's Daredevil and the Battlin' Jack Murdock mini first.
>>
>>81353139
Yeah, having more vulnerable characters makes for more compelling stories.
>>
>>81362532
That's pretty fine too. You can also read Man Without Fear. It's better than both.
>>
>>81353139
Luke Cage can only lift 3 tons? What the hell? I thought he was much stronger than that....
>>
File: batman_vs_the_incredible_hulk.jpg (787 KB, 1376x1191) Image search: [Google]
batman_vs_the_incredible_hulk.jpg
787 KB, 1376x1191
>>81354500
And once, again, every time this topic comes up, you use the faked, edited version. Here's what really happened.
>>
File: 1389395145551.jpg (1 MB, 600x2706) Image search: [Google]
1389395145551.jpg
1 MB, 600x2706
Read it and weep, Marvelcucks
>>
>>81362905
>sentry and superman

it's like you don't read comics :D
>>
>>81362905
>doing something first is more important than doing something better
>>
>>81362905
Superman is a Gladiator ripoff
Batman is a Shadow and Zorro rip off
Green Arrow is a Robin Hood rip off
Namor is an Aquaman rip off
Swamp Thing is a Man Thing rip off

Stay mad, DCasual
>>
>>81362905
>june and september
that's just too close. 3 months is not enough to came up with, schedule write and draw and print a new comic.
and the only similarity is the guy in the wheelchair really, unless you think doom patrol invented superhero teams
>>
>>81363513
your so mad you post stupidass shit thats pretty mad kid
>>
File: batthor4.jpg (130 KB, 620x889) Image search: [Google]
batthor4.jpg
130 KB, 620x889
>>81356772
To be fair, DC Thor, from Batman 127, already had the whole "human transforms into Thor with his hammer" thing going on, which wasn't from the myths.
>>
File: 17j9w7g3pih36jpg.jpg (44 KB, 311x500) Image search: [Google]
17j9w7g3pih36jpg.jpg
44 KB, 311x500
>>81363513
Don't forget that Green Lantern is a Lensman ripoff.
>>
>>81362905
Sentry 1967?
>>
>>81353139
>lower power levels
>Squirrel Girl
>>
>>81367124
I think Marvel has had 3 heros by that name.
>>
>>81367548
I remember in the 90's there was some super edgy group of guys with the single purpose of hunting Venom. Their leader was some green Guardsman armor wearing guy only with more spikes called Sentry.

I think one of Iron Man's old teams had some alien Indian guy from space named that too. He had a scythe that opened portals.
>>
>>81362905
>DC invented the bow and arrow
>DC invented running fast

Also didn't the Sentry first appear in the 90s?
>>
>>81353619
>survived the simultaneous deaths of two universes.
Hyperion only survived because he was in the incursion point of both universes, aka the safe zone.
Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.