[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OH SNAP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 11
File: Brevoort.png (39 KB, 614x331) Image search: [Google]
Brevoort.png
39 KB, 614x331
OH SNAP
>>
A literally who gives a shit opinion, why should we care?
>>
>>81336456
I can't see how that works as a joke in any way.
>>
ITT: Unfunny jokes
>>
>>81336456

Then Thomas Wayne should have been bulletproof. Bruce should be too.
>>
>>81336456
I don't get it.
>>
>>81337279
It's the whole "Batman stopped himself from killing Superman because their mothers have the same name" meme
>>
>>81336456
>It took casuals this long to realize their mothers had the same name
>>
>>81336456
>mfw Zack Snyder is not only too smart for the regular 4chinner but also for a guy in charge of Marvel Comics...
wow..
>>
Really?

holy shit. Why batman doesnt have superpowers?
>>
is this one of those liberal jokes?
>>
I thought what got Bruce was the fact that Superman was just a normal guy who lived a normal and the whole Martha thing was him getting hit on the head that Supes and him weren't so different afterall.
>>
>>81337659
Because Jor-el Wayne wasn't Kryptonian?
>>
>>81337682
You are right Cindy, but don't get discuraged by the harsh attacks of the drones that are sure coming...the thought of you hurting....is too painful.
baka
LONDON
>>
>>81337682
that is what was going on but in classic snyder fashion none of that was expanded on. lois just busted in there and was like "MARTHA IS HIS MOTHERR!!" batman was like "oh" and I think his very next line is something along the lines of "don't worry I'll save her"
>>
>>81337568
>casuals
>Tom Brevoort
pick one
>>
File: 1458861946288.jpg (26 KB, 498x412) Image search: [Google]
1458861946288.jpg
26 KB, 498x412
>Jor-El Batman

what kind of stupid name is that
>>
>>81337850
I'll agree that the director has an obligation to explain stuff, but for me I thought it was clear as day the second it happened. I mean, he flashes back to Bruce's parents' death right there for a reason.
>>
I too call my mom Debby when I am about to die
>>
>>81337850
How do you expand on this? It's pretty clear cut and dry.
>>
>>81340185
>Think this is your last word to him
>Boot on your throat
>Try to give as much detail as possible in as few words as possible

I don't buy into the whole "you didn't get it" meme, but if this was seriously difficult to grasp instantly for viewers, maybe it has some weight after all?
>>
>>81337382
Is Bruce's mother's name Lara?
>>
>>81340288
Yes. Martha Laura El Wayne
>>
>>81340185
I just took it as him trying not to blow his cover so he said Martha. The retarded point being he didn't say Kent, would've made the scene a little less ridiculous had he done that and Lois not have to run up and go "HE A GOOD BOY, IT"S HIS MAMA"
>>
>>81336456
HOL UP
>>
whoah
>>
>>81340347
Is that Jewish?
>>
>>81340504
Yes. Just like the Jews that created her.
>>
>DC fans in charge of not being salty
>>
>one of Marvel's leaders is a literal fedora
>>
>>81340095
>Tyler Bolton
>>
File: r12472.jpg (108 KB, 800x725) Image search: [Google]
r12472.jpg
108 KB, 800x725
>>81340151
>>
>>81340504
>>81340520
But no seriously isn't Martha actually Jewish? I thought I heard somewhere that she was.
>>
>>81340630
Depends on the writer
>>
>>81340630
>Kansas farm wife
What do you think, anon? And the Kents are like Episcopalian or some shit. Definitely mainline protestant.
>>
>>81336456
That's actually pretty funny.
>>
>>81340675
I meant Martha Wayne.
>>
>>81340675
He's talking about Martha Wayne, I think
>>
>>81340700
I feel like the Waynes were probably Catholic or Lutheran or something like that going off of the funerals they always have.
>>
>>81336951
It was a kryptonite bullet. Also Bruce's only half-kryptonian, so that gives him Batgod powers, not full-kryptonian powers.
>>
>>81337850
>>81340175
The whole idea was sound, but watching the movie, you can clearly tell they had trouble implementing.
>>
>>81340735
Thomas Wayne was of Scottish descent. Are the majority of them Catholic like the Irish?
>>
>>81336456
>Breevort
Into the trash it goes
>>
>>81340788
If not, then they're Anglican or Episcopalian.
>>
Why do DCkeks get butthurt over some little banter
>>
>>81340788
>Church of Scotland
Sounds about right
>>
>>81340889
Cause it's dumb bantz, not even fun bantz just boring bantz.
>>
Why do Marvel writers get so bootyblasted about DC what they're doing?
>>
>>81340991
Marvel writers are extremely petty and vindictive. That's just in their jewish nature.
>>
>>81340991
They're trying to distract us from civil war II, hoping it will fly underneath the radar.
>>
>>81340991
>DC fans
>coherence

pick one
>>
>Batman thinks that Supes is his long lost brother and thinks that his mother is somehow still alive because of kryptonian magic
>>
Superman showed Batman in one sentence that he was much more human than Batman realized, and also reminded Batman of his own humanity that he was losing. It was a powerful scene and the people who are completely missing the point are hopeless.
>>
>Marvel editor has a point to make but can't stop himself quipping instead
>>
>>81341049
>typo
>lol DC

Come on man.
>>
>>81336456
lol
>>
>>81340889
Brevoot doesn't really do bantz. He just tries to say something funny and just ends up sounding retarded.
>>
>>81336456
consolewars aside, i really wish this fatfuck would get the fuck out of marvel. him and the rest of shitty editorial staff.
>>
>>81340700
The Kane family are wasps, Kates dad married jewess
>>
File: 1452759145010.jpg (127 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1452759145010.jpg
127 KB, 1920x1200
>>81337850
>Batman is a big mama's boy
Gez

Who knew
>>
>About to kill this guy
>He's a superpowered alien with physical abilities beyond our comprehension so it's fine, he's not a real person

But then his mother's name is Martha. He's a Kansas farmboy whose mother's name is so common that my mother shared it. It's not about matching with Bruce's mother's name, it's about Bruce realizing that this guy is just as human as he is.
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 400x585) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 400x585
>>81336456
Old news. This guy obviously doesn't read comics.
>>
>>81341717
>Martha is a common name
Is it?
>>
>>81341840
For older white people it is
>>
>>81341717
Not to mention Bruce can relate to EXACTLY what Clark is experiencing because he was also completely helpless and scared for his mother's life.
>>
>>81341717
It was a very good scene I think.
>>
>>81336456
DUDE JEW LMAO
>>
>>81336456
DUDE DRUMPF LOL! IT'S 2016 AFTER ALL!
>>
>>81336456
HAHAHAHA
>>
>>81337682
>Bruce was the fact that Superman was just a normal guy who lived a normal and the whole Martha thing was him getting hit on the head that Supes and him weren't so different afterall.
That just tells him that superman has a mother, something which Batman already knew unless he's a moron. Since when having a mother says anything about the kind of person that you are?
>>
>>81341179
Wow, behold the unlimited power of a mother's name.
Maybe people get it but still thinks the way it's done is more stupid than smart and powerful.
>>
>>81343302
>something which Batman already knew unless he's a moron
Why would he do that? Superman is an alien, for all Batman knows Superman could have came out of a lump from an plant that a male spit on.
>>
>>81343302
Bruce didn't know he had an HUMAN mom. Probably thought he was raised by space monsters or robots.
>>
>>81343302
He didn't think Superman had a human mother
>>
>>81343467
What, isn't that how it wor-

UH I MEAN YES, that is certainly a ridiculous assumption! Excellent point, fellow Earth human person! HA HA HA
>>
>Brevoort sucks at editing AND humor
a man of many talents
>>
>>81343696
I'm onto you Smith
>>
>>81343302
Let me help you here

>Bruce saw his parents die
>Bruces mother is called Martha Wayne
>Bruce was mad at an Alien and wanted to fight him
>Bruce starts fighting the Alien saying shit like "You're not a man"
>Superman (the Alien) realizes that he's going to die and his mother is also going to die because of that and yells: "Save Martha"

But why? Why not "Save My Mother!!". Why didn't Superman just started everything by saying "Lex is making us fight, my mother was kidnapped by him".
Maybe he tried that and realized Batman couldn't be trusted.

>Bruce gets Mad because Superman starts talking about his mother (NO ONE HAS EVER DONE THAT)
>Bruce wants answers
>"It's his Mothers name"
>Bruce finds the Alien humanity, stops the fight, realizes he was going to be the guy holding the gun just like the guy that killed his parents and stopped fighting.

No one ever used Bruces parents before, it's a really good idea if you think about it. It's the only thing that would actually affect a bloodthirsty Batman at that point.
>>
>>81343770
He literally tries to say the "lex is making us fight" part and is cut off mid-sentence by the sonic weapon.
>>
>>81343957
That's exactly what i'm saying
>>
>>81343770
This movie was NOT for retards. The fact that something so simple has to be explained over and over is worrisome.
>>
>>81344415
Maybe people are just used to spoon-feed plot. Not talking about marvel movies or anything, but it's like people are retarded or something.
>>
>>81344415
>capeshit
Yes, it is for retards.
>>
People not understanding this makes me wonder how many people got that Superman's logo now means the same thing on Earth that it did on Krypton.
>>
>>81345079
I could make a list
>people not understanding Supermans death made Batman "good" again.
>people not understanding Supermans death gives Batmans space to create and to be the justice league leader
>people not understanding Supermans death redeems him after all the shit he had to go through
>people not understanding that now that superman died he's loved by all, which gives space for a much happier Supes

I just hope they don't make Superman come back just after BvS credits, i want him to stay as Clark Kent (since he was only missing) for a while.
>>
File: 1444943746365.jpg (80 KB, 672x658) Image search: [Google]
1444943746365.jpg
80 KB, 672x658
>>81343957
>>81344017
>>81344415
>>81344925

what if I understood the plot fully, and was still really disappointed by this movie

I loved man of steel, I was looking forward to this, and I really didnt like it, I got plenty of reasons why i think its a bad movie and none of them are from not understanding what was going on

hell im even a big snyder fan, this is the first movie of his ive seen i didnt like....Is there anyone else in my camp? gettin lonely
>>
>>81346455
Well, that's your opinion, you're not spamming "plot holes" that don't exist like a retarded, you just think the movie sucks and that's completely understandable as your opinion.

It's like saying "i understand Lex motivations, i just don't like them", which is completely fine
>>
>>81346562

Im amazed people are bitching about plotholes and not my biggest issue

I watched The Dark Knight Returns PII and it had a better fight between batman and superman. More dynamic action and shit.

I got so pumped by the time their fight started...I was kevin hart! and its zach fucking snyder, the king of epic scenes. My man of steel zod fight is STILL one of the best live action super hero movie fights and i expected him to top it, especially with everything that when into it.

Then the fight happened....and Im just...guys i need a hug
>>
>>81346737
Well, the Ultimate Cut is going to have extended fight scenes, maybe it will make the movie better for you.
>>
>>81346562
you're the first guy in the thread to use the word plot hole m8
>>
>>81337635
This right here.
>>
>>81340273
"Save mom" only takes two words. At least then Bruce's existential crisis would have been a bit less idiotic.
>>
>>81347015
Its harder to know who your mon is suppused to be.
>>
>>81346376
All this subtle brilliance would have been lost had Batman decided to make a gun instead of a spear.
>>
>>81337659
Because he works at night and Superman gets his powers from the sun. Duh!
>>
File: image.png (525 KB, 800x411) Image search: [Google]
image.png
525 KB, 800x411
>>81340151
Internal kek
>>
>>81343302
>Batman is about to start beating up Lex
>"Wait Batman, you can't! I have a mother!"
>Batman relents
>Batman finds that everyone on earth has or had a mother and can't bring himself to fight crime anymore
>>
>>81343770
>Bruce was mad at an Alien and wanted to fight him for the crime of being an alien
>Bruce starts fighting the Alien saying shit like "You're not a man"
>Bruce finds the Alien humanity because the alien was raised by a human
>Bruce assumes that human parents are better than alien parents
>Bruce is inconsistent because some of the humans he killed in the movie definitely had human parents too
>Bruce is probably the kind of retard who redefines what "human" means at a whim and says things like "pedophiles and psychopaths are inhuman"

it's shit. I bet Goyer did this, to pre-emptively rule out the possibility of Bruce ever trusting Martian Manhunter.
>>
>>81340630

The Gotham Kanes are Jews, yes. See Kate.
>>
>>81346455
That's fine. You don't have to like it. A racing game could be 10/10, but I'm not going to like it because I'm not into racing games. It'll be hard to find other Snyder fans who liked Man of Steel around these parts though. Sorry.
>>
>>81346455
>hell im even a big snyder fan, this is the first movie of his ive seen i didnt like

WEW
>>
File: LetmetellyouwhatIthink.gif (1 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
LetmetellyouwhatIthink.gif
1 MB, 300x225
>>81346825

The ultimate cut would need to really add a lot to save this movie for me

I mean I was having a lot of issues with the movie while watching it, but it finally hit me RIGHT BEFORE batman and superman fought. It just wasnt a well told story. Forget people saying it wasnt fun, or had plot holes, all that garbage. People complain about the editing and i think thats a fair complaint, but its not the core issue.

Im finally seeing what my friends were trying to tell me before the movie came out. Its just too damn rushed. Its not a coherent story about batman and superman. They tried to juggle to much in this movie and it gave me that amazing spider-man 2 taste. They sacrificed their footing for a killing blow.

I was actually really excited about the DCU until this movie, as it is now im not excited for justice league at all...and thats depressing.

CAN snyder make a great 2 part justice league move? I think so. But I dont think hes going to. He has a vision for the universe, and if you like still like it, hey I wont knock you down, I remember what it was like to like man of steel.

Deep down I feel like, if this is the cinematic version of DC, then Im catching a serious case of "not muh". And I usually love elseworld stories.
>>
>>81347015
I don't think Batman knew his secret identity at the time. He would probably respond "more aliens?!" or something.
>>
>>81348112
how does he know it wasn't just an alien named Martha?
>>
>>81336913
I find it hard to believe you don't understand such a simple and obvious joke.
>>
File: Imnotfinishedyet.jpg (33 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Imnotfinishedyet.jpg
33 KB, 1280x720
>>81348044

And you know a lot my issues come down to characterization. I know Im bias, as we all are when it comes to the characters we love, but I was a 90s kid, and yeah i grew up with the Animated DCU. I know live action batman has killed before, and I know even comic batman has killed...ya know back when he wore purple gloves. Im far less interested in this batmans stories going forward. Now they can rectify it, they can say he was a ragecase batman, but that doesnt help. If he goes back to his no killing rule, which I dont feel was as hinted as as people want to believe, to honor superman, I dont feel that build up was earned. But more to the point.
This batman was the closest weve had on screen, but where they missed the mark they really missed the mark. Hes being motivated by feelings and dreams without facts. He's being easily manipulated by his emotions. Im not saying batman being unreasonable is not within character, that would be ridiculous, but the way he went about it didnt come off very batman. I just didnt buy this whole aggression towards superman, its out of character, the character I understand, for him to be blindly xenophobic.

I had other problems but that stood out the most. I mean im pissed they wasted three great DC characters for what feels like no reason at all. The pacing was way off. Superman let an awful lot of criminals get away for really dumb reasons. OH and my biggest problem with superman in this movie, "the bat is dead". I could see him GETTING to that point if they had some sort of interaction before hand that warranted it. Just like batman should be to smart to be blindly xenophobic, superman should be to smart to do...well almost everything he did in that movie.

This was always gonna be an elseworlds story, but these are suppose to be the definitive cinimatic versions of these characters brought to life in live action together for the first time.
>>
>>81336456
I get the joke, it's just not funny.
>>
>>81336456
Im confused is he supposed to be an idiot?
>>
>>81348644
Read every single word in Ben Stein's voice.

Thanks for the laughs and perfect summation of my opinions on the film.
>>
>Brevoort
I fucks with this guy because he also found it pathetic and sad how "Superman fans" argued for Superman killing at the end of MoS.

He's cool in my book.
>>
>>81340788

I always imagined the Waynes as Scottish Protestants (Presbyterian maybe?)

Though I'm confident Bruce lost his faith when his folks got killed (if they even raise him religiously in the first place).

In saying that though a lot of really good charactterisation on Bruce has been done by Irish Catholic writers, and there's very much this Catholic guilt/damnation thing going on with Bruce so it wouldn't shock me if his ancestors were Scottish Catholics.
>>
>>81336913
... The joke is that the fact that Supes and Bats' mothers both were called Martha is a fun in-joke, but trying to treat it as some deep plot development is something that Snyder must've decided being blown by a 10-year old on crack (to specify, both him and the kid being on crack at the same time)
>>
>>81336456
>immigrated
BUILD
>>
>>81348044
>>81348644
Fucking great. Keep doing you, Animaniacs-Ben-Stein guy.
>>
File: 1447455827791.jpg (162 KB, 800x651) Image search: [Google]
1447455827791.jpg
162 KB, 800x651
Cocks and Bloimy, moike Thomas Jor-El again, I say.

2015!
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.