[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reposting because last time my need for attention and acknowledgement
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 1
File: doomsday-batman-v-superman.png (2 MB, 2536x1044) Image search: [Google]
doomsday-batman-v-superman.png
2 MB, 2536x1044
Reposting because last time my need for attention and acknowledgement went unsatisfied.

I finally got to see this movie. And while I saw some of the problems with it, most of it seems to be people missing key scenes or pieces of dialogue.

1. That wasn't Lex, it was his son. His first scene made that clear. So saying he wasn't acting like Lex should, is correct for that character.

2. I would have preferred a more philosophical confrontation between Superman and Luthor, maybe point out the major flaws in Luthor's world view, to make their enmity more personal.

3. Maybe give more time to Luthor's Leaguer footage, it was far too short.

My main problem, the only thing that actually bothered me rather than "that could have been handled better but alright" was this guy. Doomsday war FAR too big. Get the "for you" memes out of your system, I don't care. When there's this much size difference the fight just isn't as entertaining. I wanted to see Superman brawl with Doomsday, not Superman fighting Godzilla while he ignores Wonder Woman.

The fight with Batman was fine, I especially liked Batman almost panicking when the kryptonite gas stared to wear off.

Something I've heard a lot of complaints about is Batman's dream. How could he dream up parademons, firepits and the Omega symbol? How would he dream up that kryptonite glows green? Then I realized, it wasn't a dream. We forgot about Flashpoint, about "time booms." What if it wasn't a dream at all, but a vision of a possible future brought on by Flash's time travel? Dr Stone had a mother box, which explains how Luthor was so scared of Darkseid, Apokolips has been in contact with Earth already. "I've killed things from other worlds before." WONDER WOMAN WILL FIGHT NEW GODS IN HER SOLO MOVIE, it would make everything fit.
>>
>>81334748
Doesn't matter if it's Lex, his son or Donald Trump.

It's a horribly written character paired with an unbearable performance.

As for the philosopical stuff, when it's not deeper than a puddle, you better not bother at all. All Snyder movies are very epidermic about it, and that's the reason people hate it.
>>
>>81334864
>Doesn't matter if it's Lex, his son or Donald Trump.

It's a horribly written character paired with an unbearable performance

Thank you!
>>
>>81334748
>1. That wasn't Lex, it was his son. His first scene made that clear. So saying he wasn't acting like Lex should, is correct for that character.

Bullshit. Just because they named his father "Alexander Sr." rather than "Lionel" or whatever, doesn't change the fact that Jesse Eisemberg was playing THE Lex Luthor.
>>
>>81334864
I have to disagree, Luthor hated Superman because he's a powerful messianic figure. His whole speech about how God can't be all good and all powerful comes from Lex's own self-loathing. He NEEDS Superman to be imperfect, and has to prove it if only to himself, in order to be able to cope with his abuse as a child. He needed to prove himself better than Superman, because if his insane childhood didn't make him the most capable and resourceful person on the planet, then there was no point. For who he actually was, the writing and performance was fine. He was an immature wannabe trying to live up to this impossible legacy and tormented by his own insecurities. Lex grew up taking control of his own fate, master of any domain he chose, and hated Superman for being a constant reminder of what he could never be. Big surprise when he tries to raise his son to be the same, it doesn't go well.
>>
>>81335090
Except he wasn't. He said, "Dad put the Lex in Lexcorp." Eisenberg was Alexander Luthor, his father was Lex, not Lionel. This is what I meant by missing key dialogue.
>>
>>81334748
>Reposting because last time my need for attention and acknowledgement went unsatisfied.
How pathetic are you?
>>
>>81334748
>. That wasn't Lex, it was his son. His first scene made that clear. So saying he wasn't acting like Lex should, is correct for that character.

Except he WAS Lex you idiot, and he acted perfectly, just without the Charisma.
>>
>>81335457
They just renamed Lionel.

Or if you want to get really obvious, him being Lex Jr. was a reference to the Death of Superman story arc where Lex WAS Lex Jr. at the time.

This what iscalled not knowing what you're talking about.
>>
>>81335533
>acted perfectly
Lex isn't insane
>>
>>81335586

Lex is always insane.
>>
>>81335533
See >>81335457
>>
>>81335579
You're reaching, friend. "It's Lionel not Lex they just renamed him Lex he's not the same guy." Really?
>>
>>81335633
>>81335669
I'm not saying that he wasn't named Lex.
But he wa Lionel in all but name.
>abusive
>in some versions a self made man (Smallville)
>>
>>81335586
I heartily disagree. Lex acts hyper rational, but his motives are insanely selfish. He would rather let the world burn, than let someone else take credit for saving it.
>>
>>81335418
hiting someone you don't know for psychotic reasons is not a well written motivation. it's just a lol so random motivation, essentially a cop out of giving a character a legit motivation.

It's just absurd to go to lengths of worldwide destruction just because you hate someone.
>>
>>81335715
I mean, he once gave a bunch of people superpowers and then took them away out of spite, killing hundreds.
>>
>>81335707
There are similarities, but Lionel only existed in Smallville because it's young Superman and young Lex. In the comics, Luthor killed his parents when he was a child, Lionel as we know him from the WB show did not exist, not even close. In the comics he was a moronic drunk.
>>
>>81335752
>It's just absurd to go to lengths of worldwide destruction just because you hate someone.

That's Lex.
>>
>>81335752
Watch BvS again, and this time pay closer attention to the Cyborg origin clip, and Luthor in prison. His motivations are far from "lol so random."
>>
>>81335768
There's also Birthright where the Luthors are more well established than just a backwoods drunk.
>>
>>81335798
Nigger are you retarded?Can you not follow a conversation?

Doesn't matter who it is, it's just bad writing.
>>
>>81335757
Yes, to show the world super heroes can't be trusted, and as part of a beta test to make himself Superman. To Luthor, that made perfect sense, and in the long run would have been beneficial to humanity.
>>
>>81335844
No, that really is Lex.
>>
>>81335845
He was just pissy that he didn;t get superpowers
>>
>>81335810
>Watch BvS again
I'm not a masochist,thanks

> His motivations are far from "lol so random."

And what was his endgame exactly, if his plan succeeded and Doomsday killed Superman?
>>
Lex, at his core, is a petty, weasily, piece of shit who likes to talk big game about Superman as too powerful or as a brick wall for humanity as a species.... but really at the heart cannot stand someone having power over him or being above him.

And that is was Eisenberg's Lex was. Doesn't matter if he "wasn't really Luthor", the thing that we get is that he was.
>>
>>81335869
Ok, that is Lex.
Lex is a terribly written character. DO YOU COMPREHEND?
>>
>>81335901
That he killed Superman, duh.
>>
>>81334748
I found Eisemberg enjoyable. But his character was simply not Luthor.
>>
>>81336002
Except he was, just replacing calm and collected with manic an neurotic.
>>
>>81335901
That his beta test for anti-Darkseid weapons would have been successful. The "he's coming" from the jail cell? Yeah, that was about Darkseid.

>>81335921
Sorry, still have to disagree.
>>
>>81336028
Except he doesn't know about Darkseid until after he makes Doomsday.
It's patently obvious.
>>
>>81336002
It was never supposed to be.
>>
>>81335901

He manipulated 2 people into fighting.
If Batman won then Superman is dead and Lex got what he wanted
If Superman won then Batman would be dead and he would be able to prove to the world that Superman is a murderer.
And he even had a contingency plan where if they decided not to kill each other then Doomsday would kill both.

I'm sure Lex had a plan for Doomsday. The only thing is Doomsday and Superman killed each other so in a way Lex Luthor won.
>>
>>81334748
Uh nope that's not how names work in the Anglosphere.

He's "Lex Luthor" because his name is Lex Luthor. Since he's Superman's antagonist, that means he's THE Lex Luthor.

See how that works?

Yeah.

There wasn't a nod to the old Donner movies where there was a previous Superman with an almost identical origin who used to beat up Lex's dad who was a self-declared criminal mastermind who lived in the sewers with a fat guy and a hooker. In these new movies that didn't happen; it didn't even happen as a movie. It never happened.

This is the Lex Luthor and the Superman. They're the only ones you've got.

>3. Maybe give more time to Luthor's Leaguer footage, it was far too short.

You'd rather that a three hour movie had another half hour of ads in the middle of it?

Guess what, you're getting an R-rated DVD of that. Oh and someone says fuck five times, which is why it's R-rated.
>>
Why are DC fans so fucking retarded?
>>
>>81336062
Except that he was meant to be.
>>
>>81336057
Except he does, the video footage of Dr Stone making Cyborg had a mother box. Alexander already knew.
>>
>>81336066
>>81336085
"My father put the LEX IN LEXCORP." Eisenberg was not, and never was, Lex Luthor.
>>
>>81336130
>named Lex Luthor
>fights Superman
>but somehow isn't THE Lex Luthor
>>
>>81336101
He knew of the technology, but none of Lex's speeches make sense if he knows before hand.

And the Lex we see after the Communion scene and in the prison are totally broken in a different way.

He put 2 and 2 togetherbut didn't know before.
>>
>>81336206
His name was Alexander, not Lex. I realize it's hard to get over your nostalgiatard instinctive bandwagon hate, but try to rise above it and realize that your first impressions, might have been wrong.
>>
>>81336516
What....what the fuck do you think Lex is short for?
>>
>>81336360
So, you missed his whole "demons from the sky" speech?
>>
>>81336539
What do you think the "Lex in Lexcorp" line was for? It's not the same guy, get over it.
>>
>>81336550
Yes, which was in clear reference to Superman and nothing else.
He was using his typical blowhard rhetoric as a way of instigating hate and distrust toward Superman.

Which is way different than cowering before whatever New God that was and screaming in prison.
>>
>>81336598
>and nothing else
Yet he made all those allusions to Darksied at the end. Nothing else? Really? Darkseid was the REASON he's so paranoid about aliens.
>>
I liked the movie.
>>
>>81336626
He made the allusions to Darkseid AT THE VERY END, AFTER THE COMMUNION.

Eisenberg is not a subtle actor in this, if you can't see the difference between his bluster and his actually BELIEVING, you're beyond help.
>>
>>81336669
Why do you think it matters when he did it? Also, I have no idea what you're calling the "communion scene."
>>
>>81337005
Deleted scene that will likely be in the extended edition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-MUzvASr8s

Almost certainly the moment Lex really learns about it. Because then it matters because it makes sense as for why he's so broken.
>>
>>81337045
So, a deleted scene, with no clue as to when in the movie it takes place, is somehow relevant to the plot...why? And there's nothing there that suggests this is the first time he's encountering it. Ever think maybe it was deleted for a reason?
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.