[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else get shafted by their LCS?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
File: 1344020654596.gif (886 KB, 304x168) Image search: [Google]
1344020654596.gif
886 KB, 304x168
So I want to support my local comic shop but they keep fucking me over by adding stuff to my pull list and get all shitty about taking it off.

>Adding titles that are related to what I get i.e.I get Batman main series and get given Batman europa added in or buy Iron Man and get International Iron man added.
>Buy a #1 issue and get the series added to my pull list without me saying anything.
>Cancel a comic series and then keep getting issues i.e. cancelled Amazing Spiderman after 1# and the latest #8 is in there.
>Just bought 11 comics and 5 of them were unwanted.

Just getting really annoying. Want to support them but internet stores are looking better.Has this happened to anyone else?
>>
>>81332131
My LCS is pretty good, and I definitely never had the problems you're having. You should straight up tell them that if they keep on adding shit you don't want to your pull list, you ain't gonna buy the stuff you don't want.
>>
>>81332282

So they never added stuff without your asking? Also how long did it take if you canceled something for it to be removed from your pull list? they said it take a couple of weeks.
>>
>>81332131
I buy comics by myself, mainly because I enjoy browsing the store.

But what you describe is a typical scam done by many different companies, where they overcharge hoping that you won't notice or bother asking your money back. If 2 out of 10 bite the bait, it's a win for the store/company
>>
>>81332653
Not that anon but you have a shitty store and should stop supporting that kind of business. If they are ripping you off DON'T support them.

I have 3 stores in my town and two have slight price bonuses like membership points. But i dont shop there cause the best place is owned by a guy who will never screw you over and go out of his way to help you. If i didnt want to buy something on my pull list, as long as its not like 3 issues past already, he'd just put it on the shelf. If he thinks you would like something new he will save you a copy but not force you to buy it, just let you know and if you say no, on the shelf.

Hell, if hes out of something he will call the other places to ask of they have it can save it for you.

Don't support a shitty store becuase you want to support the comic industry, companies run badly should go under so a better one can take its place.
>>
>>81332131
>adding stuff to my pull list
Oh, God, is this something other stores do too? I thought it was just mine.

God, I hate this. "You bought Catwoman, you'll LOVE Kate Leth's Hellcat!" No. Shut up. Stop pushing your shit on me.
>>
>>81332955

Hard to stop when you have a pull list already can't really ditch them because they'd just keep mounting up stuff till I was back in. Canceling would be awkward. Might just start getting new series online and siphon business away.
>>
>>81333377
Just call and cancel. That way you can go there again of you need to. Go to another LCS and sample them out, see if they are trust worth and then start a pull list there. Its not hard at all
>>
>>81332131
It's basically IMPOSSIBLE to ordersstuff on mine:
>oh well i want the pretentious hispster garbage issue 8
>cool, lemme check that for-- uh we only have it on another state, and the store in this state rarely wants to sent us stuff
>why
>because they assholes

Never got my the pretentious hispster garbage issue 8, so i ordered the tp online.

And that one store in that one state, it always has what i want but will never sent.
>>
You guys have cancerous LCSs in the states.

Well I'm off to my comfy one right now it better by nice and comfy for the price we have to pay in canada
>>
>>81332653
Not that Anon but some times they ask if I want something related to something in my pull list and occasionally they may put something aside with my pulls if they can't get a hold of me but if I don't want it then I'm not expected to buy it.

Cancelling depends on the shop though. Some are fine for it just to happen, others have let me know how many months in advance they've ordered for me and that's my finish point.

That said I have been to shops that have missed issues or doubled issues but I tend to stop supporting them.
>>
Literally the only time this happened was when I was getting Aja/Fraction's Hawkeye and they put aside an issue of Hawkeye Vs Deadpool and asked if I was interested. I thought it was a pretty bro thing to do.

Do they deliver to you? How come you don't just say 'nah don't want that' when paying?
>>
>>81332131
You just put stuff back on the shelf OP. Why the fuck are you spending an extra $15 on crap you don't want. The staff is trying to be helpful because most people follow characters and want everything they show up in. Stop being a prick and just tell them you know which titles you like.
>>
>>81333986

Well when it is 6 things out of 11 it is a bit awkward to say: Don't want that, don't want that etc. Next time they do it though I'll just say I didn't add that.

Got given Deadpool mercs for hire issue 2 and didn't even get given issue 1. Only kept it because I quickly glanced at it and thought it was the main series issue.

I was beginning to think when I subbed to main series it is common place to add mini series but it is annoying.
>>
>>81333377
>Canceling would be awkward.
that's not an excuse lmfao. "Better keep giving these fucks money or I might have to accidentally make eye contact"
>>
>>81334370
It gets thrown around a lot, but that is literally beta.
>>
>>81334370

They will be all disappointed and shit and say siomething like:

"I'm sorry to hear that is there any reason why you are canceling"

Plus it takes a couple of months to end a subscription.
>>
>>81333377
>>81333377
How can you possibly be this beta?
>>
>>81334173
Fucking beta...how do you function in life?
>>
>>81334525
No it doesnt. They can change their order at any time, unless its already shipped. At least my store lets me order/cancel at any time
>>
>>81332131
If they keep fucking you over then find a better store or use the Internet stores. There is nothing wrong with wanting to support locally, but if they are fucking you over then either tell them to stop, or go someplace else. Because that's your money that you are losing.
>>
>>81332131
wh
why are you buying the issues they added
why would you do that
>>
File: 1429486024702.jpg (53 KB, 648x484) Image search: [Google]
1429486024702.jpg
53 KB, 648x484
This thread is making me so glad I trade-wait and usually only read older series. I can't imagine having the sperglords at my LCS just decide I'd like random series.
>>
>>81334173
Dude. Cancel your pull list and stop going to this shitty store.
>>
>>81332131
"no, i dont want that, just these"
problem solved
>>
My current LCS is nice, but I'm moving soonish and I'm really worried about the LCS in the area I'm most likely moving too.
>>
Just this week the owner gave out a book I preordered to someone else
>>
>>81333377
>>81334173
>>81334525
If 50 women got together and combined their pussies into one gigantic mega-pussy it still wouldn't be as big of a pussy as you.
>>
>>81332131
Former LCS employee here, they are probably doing this because of the sperglords who flip out if they miss a book. Unless you specify that you only want the title Batman, if someone's pull said 'Batman' on it, we would give them every Batman book.

Just tell them you don't want Batman: Europa or whatever when you go to pick up your books. That's what we did, the employees don't care. They are most likely not doing it to annoy you or sell you more stuff, just trying to keep customers happy.
>>
>>81333817
Which Canadian LCS you headed to?
>>
>>81332968
I had this happen with Suicide Squad. I bought Ostrander's volumes 1 and 2 a few months apart, both times they tried to push New 52 on me.
>>
>>81332131
>Just bought 11 comics and 5 of them were unwanted
Can't you just hand them back? Remind them you dropped or didn't add those books?
>>
>>81340912
Fucking character fags. If they are that hard up make a note that guest appearances count BUT ONLY IF ASKED. And if they refuse the comic the store knows you better.

>>81340989
I like in saskatoon so i doubt you know the 12x64 ft store i mean. Its tiny as fuck and he cant get in all he wants to but he has to choose his space.

It isnt the shitty store i like but the people and how they treat the client.

Also. The clientel that go there are much better than most places. And its easy to spot a child so if you want to say fuck or talk about something adult. Sex in comics is brought up, we can just see if children are there easily
>>
>>81332968
Well, trying to sell you more stuff is part of the job.

Obviously, them trying to sell you Leth's Hellcat based on you buying Catwoman means they are completely incompetent...
>>
I've never heard of that before. But my LCS gets my pull for me when I show up and lets me go through it rather than ringing me up automatically.
>>
>>81334173
You are the idiot who actually signs up for store credit cards when they hassle you at Sears and shit, aren't you?
>>
>>81341953
Yup. If you are a repeat customer they want you there for more things thsn floppies. So they give you some leeway to say thry want repeat business

Just know the owner and thing will be better
>>
>81333614
Fat jacks in NJ?
>>
>>81342316
American LCSs really sound awful.

How the hell did you guy deal with such shit?
>>
>>81332131
Yeah, the only comics shop I ever subscribed to kept fucking me over one way or the other

It was out of town and I was just a teen at the time, so mostly it was my parents that had to pass by and pick up my stuff, often without me

>Oh, we ran out of copies of this comic your son wanted, but I'm sure he'll be interested in this random other shit!
I order a tot. of Spiderman issues and I get fucking X-men and Cap America

>Ordered a Master Chief figure I found on the catalog
>They give my parents a white-armour version
>Ordered a Neca Alien figure
>We go pick it up one week too late and they ran out of copies AND it ran out of production
>>
>>81344710
Ms Good. They fucked you over and dont know how to run a proper business. Dont feel bad for them, instead oay the competition to destroy them
>>
>>81346246
I kinda feel bad for them sometimes, I've heard that a few years later someone tried to turn the shop on fire. The few times I visited them again recently I never found the original owners I was familiar with, I can't tell if they gave up or just hired new people

But yeah, fuck them, I really wanted that Alien
>>
>>81332131
It sounds like it's time to go to another LCS.
>>
>>81333377
Grow some balls and tell them to stop messing with your pull list. Either that, or go to another LCS .
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.