[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the purpose of this character...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Iron-Man-3-Simpkins.jpg (84 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
Iron-Man-3-Simpkins.jpg
84 KB, 612x380
What was the purpose of this character...
>>
>>81328959
Who knows, but at least my state actually got mentioned in something.
>>
>>81328959

wasn't he just the tour guide?
>>
a character that /tv/ can relate to.
>>
>>81328959
He's there to give a bit of relax time to Tony after the mess that happened, although I think maybe the whole bullies story was supposed to make him a parallel to Tony, they are (or were?) both underdogs that overcome bad situations with wacky inventions, maybe a foreshadowing to the Mechanic? Maybe I'm overthinking it
>>
>>81328959
He used his experience with PTSD from the dinosaur theme park to help Tony with his own.
>>
>>81329478
top kek
>>
>>81328959
to explain what happened in explosion site
to explore Tony's anxiety problems
to put his iron man suit back to work
to save him from bad guys with light thingie
to give him a human being he can relate to who is not soldier, SHIELD agent or a girlfriend who whines all the time. You know - normal human being.
>>
>>81328959
So Iron Man could give him Verizon Fios at the end for product placement.

Also to appeal to the shotacon demo in Japan.
>>
>>81328959
Still want to know how did Tony's suit run out of power? Didn't the reactor in his fucking chest power his suits?! Always thought that shit was stupid in Iron Man 3.
>>
Remember when people thought he was Starlord?
>>
>>81328959
to be raped behind the scenes by RDJ. he's a sick fuck with all of that left-over cocaine still in his system. they occasionally gotta feed his perverse lusts or he'll start fucking anything he sees. even inanimate objects.
>>
>>81330292

The main IM3 suit had dozens of little batteries to power it while it was separated or operating independently. That was what was screwing it up.
>>
>>81328959
Giving the protagonist a human to explain his motives and intentions to, gives the writers an opportunity to tell the audience those things.
>>
>>81329429

Captured by terrorists aside, I struggle to believe Tony has ever actually been an underdog in anything and has never really dealt with bullies.
>>
>>81330683

what
>>
I'm really glad this kid didn't stay out his welcome

He shows up, helps Tony get back on his feet and then Tony's like "Thanks kid, fuck off"
>>
File: absolutely haram.jpg (16 KB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
absolutely haram.jpg
16 KB, 260x260
>>81328959
Having this little shit allowed them to do that horrendously placed Verizon Fios commercial when Tony came back, broke into the kid's house, and remodeled it.

>>81329174
jej
>>
>>81331783
Well, yeah, the terrorists is what I was thinking about, or more simply in general the idea of getting out of bad situations through smarts. Maybe underdog was the wrong word
>>
>>81328959
Marvelfag self-insert
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.