[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finally got to see this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: doomsday-batman-v-superman.png (2 MB, 2536x1044) Image search: [Google]
doomsday-batman-v-superman.png
2 MB, 2536x1044
I finally got to see this movie. And while I saw some of the problems with it, most of it seems to be people missing key scenes or pieces of dialogue.

1. That wasn't Lex, it was his son. His first scene made that clear. So saying he wasn't acting like Lex should, is correct for that character.

2. I would have preferred a more philosophical confrontation between superman andLuthor, maybe point out the major flaws in Luthor's world view, to make their enmity more personal.

3. Maybe give more time to Luthor's Leaguer footage, it was far too short.

My main problem, the only thing that actually bothered me rather than "that could have been handled better but alright" was this guy to the left. Doomsday, war FAR too big. Get the "for you" memes out of your system, I don't care. When there's his much size difference the fight just isn't as entertaining. I wanted to see Superman brawl with Doomsday, not Superman fighting Godzilla while he ignores Wonder Woman.

The fight with Batman was fine, I especially liked Batman almost panicking when the kryptonite gas stared to wear off.

Something I've heard a lot of complaints about is Batman's dream. How could he dream up parademons, firepits and the Omega symbol? How would he dream up that kryptonite glows green? Then I realized, it wasn't a dream. We forgot about Flashpoint, about "time booms." What if it wasn't a dream at all, but a vision of a possible future brought on by Flash's time travel? Dr Stone had a mother box, which explains how Luthor was so scared of Darkseid, Apokolips has been in contact with Earth already. "I've killed things from other worlds before." WONDER WOMAN WILL FIGHT NEW GODS IN HER SOLO MOVIE, it would make everything fit.
>>
Can you summarize that into a 4 syllable word?
>>
>>81327056
What possible purpose would that serve?
>>
>>81327148
HE IS MAKING A JOKE THANKING YOU FOR YOUR BLOG POST AND REFERRING TO 2016 ATTENTION SPANS
>>
>>81327148
> rolling credits
> Lex Luther
>>
File: 1240881073076.gif (976 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1240881073076.gif
976 KB, 300x300
>>81327032

Good luck with this:
>>>/tv/67706228
>>
>>81327323
I'm sorry?
>>
>>81327323
>G-GUYS I NEED REINFORCEMENTS FOR MY NECKBEARD CAPESHIT WAR
>>
>>81327032
2 the confrontation is philosophical. lex straight up explains all his views on superman while referring to his own life experience while trapping superman in an unwinnable situation; kill batman or your mother dies, you have an hour.
superman still resolves to try to work with bruce and at the end isn't concerned with his own life, pleads bruce to save his mother

3 something that blew my mind in a tv thread is how that whole scene is a play on how hero teases work irl, and that certain coincidences in the scene are no coincidence at all

doomsday is a mythic beast representing the struggle of everyone in the movie
>>
>>81327588
2. Hardly unwinnable. Superman never claimed to be all powerful, and never wanted to be treated like a messianic figure, so both sides of Luthor's gripe was invalid. And Superman could just point out that just because Lex used to beat his ass, doesn't make Luthor's world view any more valid.

3. Pretty much. I just wanted more.

Ah, no, Doomsday is a weapon Luthor created to stop Darkseid. Killing Superman, the representation of Luthor hating God and Luthor trying desperately to validate his suffering, was just icing on the cake. If his harsh childhood under Lex hadn't made Alexander into the most resourceful and capable person on the planet, then it was all for nothing, he suffered for no reason. His mission to kill Superman is just self validation because he's insecure and afraid.
>>
>>81327741
Eh. Not that guy but, that's the thing, Lex just inherently hates him. Wether he hates him for being godlike, or he fears he's stifling man kinds progress. The key component is he doesn't like feeling inferior to anyone.
>>
>>81327925
Lex, sure. But this wasn't Lex.
>>
>>81327741
2 you're right, superman never puts those labels on himself. he simply has an immense gift he that he wants to use in the best way he can
also, superman is not there to debate luthor. he wants to save his mother. it's a classic movie trope: kill or i'll kill someone that matters to you

3 ....... i guess that means it did exactly what it was supposed to.....

yeah but doomsday is born out of a ritual. he offers up flesh with a blood sacrifice from his hand into water to create what the ship calls an abomination. the monster is literally called doomsday and his powers affirm him as perversion of power, the central struggle between clark bruce and lex. the symbolic meanings are undeniable. what i go so far to say is that the monster represents all the doubt fear and cynicism in the movie. superman truly becomes hope in the midst of that out of his love for the world, for lois
>>
>>81328171
Just another reason Bizarro would have been a better choice.
>>
>>81328288
most familiar with all star bizarro and he's absolutely not appropriate for this
again, doomsday is a mythic beast or dragon that the warrior kills. doomsday carries all these metaphors within the movie

i mean hell, even in the comics he's born out of wanting to kill superman
>>
>>ring ding ding ding ding ding
That was cringey as fuck. How did that meet approval?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.