[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Among one of the most people in the universe, if not THE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 243x439) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 243x439
>Among one of the most people in the universe, if not THE smartest
>Is in his 60s
>Acts and treats others like an angsty edgy 12 year old rebelling against their parents

Am I seriously supposed to buy this? How is Rick a mega genius who is old and matured but still acts like this?
>>
It's a comedy cartoon. That's why it's funny. Were you really expecting a real-life scientist like Einstein, Tesla, or a guy in quiet lab-suit/scholar environment?
>>
Because you know he's full of shit. That's what makes it funny.
>>
>>81323934
Some people are just assholes no matter how much they achieve.
>>
>>81323934
anon, why do angsty teens act that way? they think they know better than everyone (which usually true in like, one way, nevermind all the others)
rick actually DOES know better than everyone
so it's like that all the time
>>
>>81323934
>>Is in his 60s

I thought he said 80s
>>
>>81323934
It's a comedy, don't overanalyze it.
>>
>>81323934
It's comedy.

It need to appeal to a target audience

Being older doesn't mean you are more mature, neither being smart, infact peoples with higher Q.I tend to be more selfish and pervert.

He's an asshole, always been an asshole, will always be an asshole because he need to be an asshole in order to support life.

The only thing i don't understand is why he haven't laser lobotomised himself yet to be 100% satisfied.
>>
Lazy writing. You don't have to buy it, the people who like it like it and the people who don't have decades' worth of cartoons written by people who give a damn and aren't cynical about their work.
>>
File: FuturamaProfessorFarnsworth.png (400 KB, 248x408) Image search: [Google]
FuturamaProfessorFarnsworth.png
400 KB, 248x408
>>81323934
I thought this guy was the smartest
>>
Geniuses can be petty assholes too. I'm no historian but I'm pretty sure a ton of histories greatest geniuses were documented assholes. Newton, Tesla, and Edison are just a few that come to mind, and those are just the ones whose names I can remember. Just about any guy who was responsible for a revolutionary advancement in science probably had a shitty personality.

And like all the other people here said, it's just a cartoon.
>>
Got to appeal and relate to the 'intelligent' and nihilistic 12 year olds from reddit.
>>
>>81323934
Rick has done a LOT of drugs.
>>
The tonal dissonance which results from those two qualities is meant to be humorous. It's not a new idea. This isn't your first exposure to it.
>>
>>81323934
>Among one of the most people in the universe
>>
you grow as a person when someone smarter than you teaches you something

if you are the smartest person growing up, you're always an asshole
>>
>>81324585

In the Futurama universe, not Rick and Morty.

If you expand it to other shows, Rick would get wrecked in a Science-off by quite a few people.
>>
>>81324715
>revolutionary advancement in science

Most people have this bogus idea of scientific advancement that it happens in leaps & bounds and there are these singular geniuses who built or discovered some revolutionary thing that thrust humanity forward.

Scientific development is parallel due to the nature of it being built on existing technology & understanding. There were like a dozen people who simultaneously developed radio. At least half a dozen Americans were fighting over the patent rights to the Telegraph that they had all independently 'invented'. Revolutionary things like Railroads were the just the natural result of thousands of different advances that came before it that finally made them possible. Today, it's even less of an individual endeavor, almost all scientific development is carried out by teams.
>>
>>81324585
He's the most insane. And possibly the most senile. He's still pretty goddamn smart though.
>>
>>81323934
If you're working on sciencing then you're not working on your personality
>>
>>81324864
Well he is very. Can you name a character who is more?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.