[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg /search.php?qid=20725 B
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1387417589118.jpg (194 KB, 580x929) Image search: [Google]
1387417589118.jpg
194 KB, 580x929
http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=20725

B writes:

>For The Spectacular Spider-Man, did you have any specific spin-offs in mind or ideas for other series set in its version of the Marvel Universe, and, if so, what were they?

Greg answers:

>Well, it was less about spin-offs and more about occasional guest stars. Then if someone (in authority) had said, "HEY, DO THAT!" we would have.

>I think I've mentioned we wanted to use Johnny Storm, so that could have led to a theoretical Fantastic Four spin-off.

>We wanted to use Beast, Cyclops and Professor X, which could have lead to a theoretical X-Men spin-off.

>We wanted to use both Hulk and Captain America, which could have lead to theoretical spin-offs for either and/or for the Avengers.

>Oh, and I did have one other spin-off idea that really was a spin-off coming out of Season Three or Four, that would have largely featured characters that had already appeared in the series by that point, including (but not limited to) Flint, Hobie and Felicia.

What do you make out of this? Particularly the last one?
>>
>>81315848
Redemption Squad: Spidey edition
>>
Felicia needs more love.
>>
I make of it that Greg Weisman is overambitious. I think he had like 8 Gargoyles spin-offs he wanted to do, too.
>>
>>81315848
Heroes for Hire, Spidey Edition? Marko in there makes me think of something with Silver Sable.

>>81316067
When you are the victim of a gypsy curse that prevents you from getting past the second installment of anything, over-ambition doesn't hurt.I honestly think it's the only thing keeping him going. After Gargoyles, SS and Young Justice I would have killed myself, but Weisman keeps getting back on that horse with infinite patience. Man's a fucking Blue Lantern.
>>
File: look at the guy's yellow shirt.png (197 KB, 624x350) Image search: [Google]
look at the guy's yellow shirt.png
197 KB, 624x350
>>81316067
Nothing wrong with that. I'd rather have that than the mediocrity plaguing Marvel animated stuff right now.

Also, I don't even think the Gargoyle spin-off stuff was his idea. I think Eisner wanted to do that to compete with Fox's Marvel cartoons in the 90's.

>>81316211
Greg mentioned Sable would've become a mercenary eventually.
>>
Isn't he a filthy jew?
>>
>>81316211
>DC
>Marvel
>Star Wars
>W.I.T.C.H.
>World of Warcraft
>original work

His stuff may keep getting cancelled but at least he has a varied career.
>>
>>81316211
Yeah, as much as he gets screwed for stuff, he gets consistent work in the industry. That's actually harder than it sounds.
>>
>>81315848
>A Fantastic Four cartoon by the writers of Spectacular Spider-Man

Could that have saved FF?
>>
>>81316416
>Also, I don't even think the Gargoyle spin-off stuff was his idea. I think Eisner wanted to do that to compete with Fox's Marvel cartoons in the 90's.

Right but he absolutely ran with it.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.