[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Future of the DC Timeline?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Justice_League_0050.jpg (111 KB, 936x679) Image search: [Google]
Justice_League_0050.jpg
111 KB, 936x679
So, what the hell is going on with DC? I saw a few mentions that we may be getting some of our pre-Nu52 characters back? Some new event?
>>
>>81311445
A lot of the legacy heroes are coming back (Aqualand, Donna Troy, etc), but we don't actually know why yet.
>>
>>81311445

A writer/artist shuffle across the books and some new books and storylines.

Also pre-Flashpoint Clark is cucking Nu52 Superman out of his own universe.
>>
>>81311445
>I saw a few mentions that we may be getting some of our pre-Nu52 characters back?
Naw

>Some new event?
Not exactly. They're doing a relaunch called Rebirth where they're supposed to take some characters "back to basics" more or less

although, pre-Flashpoint Superman has been in the new 52 universe for a while and he's going to star in Action Comics
>>
Pre-Flashpoint Superman, Lois, and their son have been in the New 52 since Convergence.
Also Zero Hour Parallax.
>>
>>81311503

Huh. That's entirely uninteresting, at least for me.

>>81311519

Heh, guess that might fix the Superman/Wonder Woman vs Clark/Lois. Wait, doesn't that mean he is leaving his Lois behind?

What state was the pre-Flashpoint setting in when we left it?
>>
Wow, I never noticed how non-diverse that cast was.
>>
>>81311557

Aha. Thanks anon, was curious.
>>
File: 1459014901545.jpg (383 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459014901545.jpg
383 KB, 1920x1080
>>81311614
>Wait, doesn't that mean he is leaving his Lois behind?
nope, he's got his Lois with him

they also have a 9 year old son who's going to co-star in a book with Damian
>>
>>81311445

Some kind of patchwork bullshit marketing stunt as a desperate attempt to revitalize sales while still not getting rid of the failed Nu52 experiment. Storywise, some token characters from pre-FP universe are coming over, but things will mostly stay unchanged. Businesswise they're doubling up on their most "sure" titles, making them biweekly, and scrapping a lot of fringe titles, which is basically a desperation move.

I was excited for it for like a microsecond because they were saying a lot of the right things "we fucked up, we fucked up bad, we're going to make things right again" but all I've seen of it still points to Rebirth being just Convergence 2.0: Surely This Time The Token Gesture Will Do The Trick.
>>
File: Kyon Argh.gif (2 MB, 396x480) Image search: [Google]
Kyon Argh.gif
2 MB, 396x480
>>81311672
>they also have a 9 year old son who's going to co-star in a book with Damian

>I was wondering where that Superkid popped up from?
>I was reading Lois & Clark
I never made the connection...
>>
Thanks anons. I'm just asking because Iw as pondering grabbing the occasional TPB, as it's been many years since I did. That said, I'm not a big fan of the Nu52. I grew up with the pre-Flashpoint setting, and find I prefer it to the Nu52 tidbits that get storytimed here.

No more on-and-off flirtation with Bruce and Diana. Splitting up Clark and Lois. The Batclan changes. As fun as secret agent Dick is, I miss Nightwing. The old comraderie in the original Teen Titans.

It's just not the DC universe I know and love, even if some of the basic Batman stuff has been decent.
>>
>>81312169
Nightwing is coming back
>>
>>81311519
>Also pre-Flashpoint Clark is cucking Nu52 Superman out of his own universe.
Did they met yet?
>>
>>81312271
Not yet, but they're supposed to, unless plans have changed. Some Super-League story line.

But Old Clark was watching the first fight with Darkseid, ready to jump in until they shoved him back through the Boom Tube, and Jon has figured out his parents are Clark Kent and Lois Lane, and that he has powers.
>>
>>81311445
At the very least, we'll probably see some retconning.
>>
>>81311633
In Justice, John Stewart and Black Manta are like the only non white people in the entire thing
>>
>>81311672

I'm pretty hyped for Super Sons. I want it to be good.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.