[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
which villain do you want for the film?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: aquamen.png (2 MB, 990x751) Image search: [Google]
aquamen.png
2 MB, 990x751
which villain do you want for the film?
>>
>>81302989
Throne of Atlantis was already confirmed to be what the movie's about, and Ocean Master's been cast. Stop being dumb.
>>
Probably the trench of they are doing John's run. Seems like a nice fit for the director they are working with.

Eventually lead up to the war of Atlantis.
>>
>>81302989

Anyone willing to go for a third option?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Aquaman_enemies
>>
>>81303501
I would do the Scavenger. Johns' revamp was kind of cool but I would have him teamed up with somebody. like working with manta and the fisherman
>>
>>81302989
Black Manta, but I want Orm to be in the movie, as like Aquaman's aggressive brother. They'd have tension.
Also the trench would be pretty cool.
>>
>>81303335
I think I need my eyes checking because I swear I wrote 'which villain do you want for the film' rather than 'which villain do you think will be in the film'
>>
>>81302989
Isn't the dude on the right the one who scans all those comics and promotes piracy?
>>
>>81303756
>Black Manta pirates comic books in-universe

Heh.
>>
>>81303335
>Ocean Master

No

The world doesn't need another Loki type sympathetic villain for fangirls to crow over
>>
>>81303335
he hasn't been cast karl urban is just a rumor
>>
>>81302989
Black manta he needs some lolicon
>>
File: imcia.jpg (29 KB, 350x250) Image search: [Google]
imcia.jpg
29 KB, 350x250
>>81303925
That's 100% part of their plan.
>>
>>81303756
butt piracy too
>>
File: OrmArthur01.jpg (210 KB, 540x632) Image search: [Google]
OrmArthur01.jpg
210 KB, 540x632
>>81302989
Manta as the main villain, Orm as a sympathetic antagonist (he's doimg what he thinks is right for the kingdom) but don't have him hate Aquaman like Loki did Thor or else it's shit and the cliche evil half brother trope.

I think the best thing Johns did was make it so Orm loved his brother but that he did his duty as a king and that took precedence (yet it was obvious he cared for Arthur like when he was happy to see him alive after he sent him to the trench) that also humanized Orm and kept him from being Loki 2.0

But yeah Manta should be the personal main villain, also have the trench as the big problem Arthur has to defeat.
>>
File: OrmArthur02.jpg (258 KB, 513x810) Image search: [Google]
OrmArthur02.jpg
258 KB, 513x810
>>81303925
New 52 Orm deserves the sympathy because he only had his kingdom's best interest and was a pawn in Vulko's scheme as much as everyone else was but he got fucked over harder than anyone for it.

He also doesn't hate Arthur even after the shit Arthur pulls, no he's just upset because Arthur hasn't come to see him while he was in jail.

Loki until recently with Kid Loki always hated Thor and in the MCU he really hates Thor and is jealous that he got the throne (even if he tells Odin differently) Movie Orm should be more like New 52 Orm and not Loki or that shit Orm from Throne of Atlantis movie.
>>
>>81302989
Manta Everytime.
>>
>>81302989
Black Manta, Beige Manta, Bronze Manta, Teal Manta, and Golddust Manta
>>
>>81303548
>>81303925
Combining the Trench and Black Manta would be pretty cool
>>
>>81304235
>humanized

Why people keep pretending that's a good thing?
>>
>>81302989
needs manta killing aquababy or this will be shit
>>
>>81302989
Evil counterparts with the same origin are usually the main villains in these films.

That's why we see guys like Abomination, Yellow Jacket, Zod, Iron Monger, Loki, Red Skull, and Not-Bizarro/Doomsday. Sequels get different villains.

Some are changed to have the same origin like movie Dr Doom and Ra's Al Ghul
>>
>>81302989
You could easily do both of them. Ocean Master enlists Manta's army to help him overthrow Arthur and Manta agrees to it in return for Atlantean tech and a non-specific grudge against Arthur. Orm gets defeated and Black Manta escapes to potentially appear in the sequel or whenever they feel like pulling him out again.
>>
>>81309352
Manta can be some random mercenary Orn hires to keep Arthur busy on the surface.
>>
>>81302989

Black Manta.
>>
>>81303501
never read anyhting with him in but always dug the fishermans look
>>
>>81303972
Manu Bennet.
>>
>>81302989
I want a new actor to play aqua man and not some island nignog
>>
>>81306443
They did that with the cartoon movie and look how that turned out.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.