[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What were your favorite scenes or moments? I loved the Batman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 250
Thread images: 26
File: bvs batman v superman.webm (659 KB, 406x720) Image search: [Google]
bvs batman v superman.webm
659 KB, 406x720
What were your favorite scenes or moments?

I loved the Batman vs thugs scene but my favorite little moment was webm related. The way Superman's head just becomes more and more unmoved by Batman's punches and his reaction to it is so great.
>>
>It's just a prank Superman
>>
>>81300313
>my neck

All jokes aside, loved that moment too. The "saving people" montage was great also.
>>
>>81300313
Nice comeback spot. It's a shame that Batman went over anyway
>>
Same OP
>>
That moment was so fucking hype
>>
"This is my world. YOU are my world. "

I like how Superman then flies/crawls to the Kryptonite spear. I just think it's a nice touch to see him struggle for it.
>>
>>81300313
The trinity fight is my favorite part easily. Just seeing them working together. It's a taste of what we'll get in Justice League.
>>
>>81300313
Yea the wharehouse thug scene nd little bits with Alfred giving Bruce a hard time is all I can think of. I would have liked this scene if Batmans glove started to dent and deform as he punched a recovering Supes but this wasn't that bad.
>>
>>81300313
Lex's whole spiel on the roof with Lois and Superman.
Pushing her off to get to him, just blithely being in control, and a few nice lines peppered in.

>And now god bends to my will.
>>
Goat Moments
>Batman vs Thugs
>Batman's introduction scene
>Batman Wonder Woman and Superman standing together

Good Moments
>Batman vs Superman (until MARTHA!)
>Supes Saving People
>Mankind is introduced to Superman

Shit Moments
>Everything else.
>>
>>81300707
Weren't his knuckles dented in a bit?
>>
>>81300313
my countries dub version has bat man says a different thing to superman when WW arrives at the doomsday fight. When sup asks him if she is with him, she calls her his [old wife only 50+ old man can call their wifes]. When he said it the cinema exploded in to laughter.
>>
>>81300721
Also anything with Alfred was pretty good.
>>
>>81300313
When it ended
>>
The warehouse scene was like seeing the Arkham games in live action. It's fucking amazing. Plenty of takedowns.
>>
>>81300738
Not that I could tell I could have missed it. It doesn't look like it in that webm but it's not great quality.
>>
File: DC TRINITY.png (525 KB, 970x480) Image search: [Google]
DC TRINITY.png
525 KB, 970x480
>>81300313
I liked
>Batman helping Superman get up after the fight
>Batman PROMISING Martha won't die
>Wonder Woman rescuing Batman with that hype music
>"You are my world"

I also liked Flash, because even though he looks kind of dumb and it may have been confusing for people, that was the fucking Flash time travelling to send a message to someone!! Got ME excited, at least.
>>
The opening sequence where we see the events of MoS from Bruce's POV sent shivers down my spine.
>>
File: 14.jpg (426 KB, 1479x883) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
426 KB, 1479x883
>>81300313
This one
>>
>>81300760
What, like
"Is that your [old wife only 50+ old man can call their wifes]?"
That's kinda funny. Better than the original version.
>>
>>81300313
>What were your favorite scenes or moments?
Leaving the movie theater.
>>
>>81300313
definitely the Aquaman cameo, anyone got the webm?
>>
>>81300855
In retrospect that kinda gave me false expectations. I was really happy that they were showing that Batman is a real hero, who's compassionate and would run towards a goddamn disaster scene just to help people out.

Then the rest of the movie focused on his brutality.
>>
>>81300707
>In your dreams, Alfred...
>>
>>81300785
agreed, I too was happy to have experienced the hole movie anon. It was great
>>
File: Batman v superman.webm (2 MB, 718x312) Image search: [Google]
Batman v superman.webm
2 MB, 718x312
>>81300313
>you don't understand
>i understand
>pew
>>
>>81300980
What? That part was so shitty. His face was all bloated because he was holding his breath in a really obvious way. He moved like a retard and his hair was all over the place. It looked like Aquaman was really uncomfortable being under water. Terrible.
>>
>>81300980
>>
>>81300313
Superman's death. I couldn't stop laughing and muttering, "You done fucked up!".
>>
>>81301125
>he was holding his breath
Everything around him is cgi.
>>
>>81301037
agreed, this movie was a hole.
>>
>>81301155
No.
>>
>>81301189
Yes.
>>
>>81301289
No.
>>
>>81301057
great job supes now batman will never stop and listen
>>
Favorite moment:

http://nypost.com/2016/03/30/batman-v-superman-is-too-smart-for-marvel-fans/
>>
>>81301443
YES.
>>
>>81300313
When Superman finds out Lex did something to his mother and gets pissed off, but regains control after he also learns it won't help thins.
And then when he aproaches Batman he tries to talk with him and ask for his help before they fight.
The trailers and spots had made me believe Superman was being distant during the fight and Lex may be mind controling him or making an evil replica. I was so glad and surprised that I've been seeing things out of context and Superman felt so human, with people feeling bad for him when Batman kicked his ass instead of good.
>>
>>81300716
Yeah. He wasn't 'muh Lex' but I found him to be a very entertaining villain and the power dynamic on the roof was very Lex/Superman.
>>
>>81301126
god he looks fucking cool, he's also gonna go blond so Mamao is cool with me
>>
>>81301488
NO! IT WAS FILMED UNDER WATER AND IT FUCKING SUCKED!
>>
File: tumblr_lp3s95XQPs1qj0krzo1_500.gif (497 KB, 500x206) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lp3s95XQPs1qj0krzo1_500.gif
497 KB, 500x206
>>81301724
>>
>>81300721
I liked Martha, one of the best scenes in my opinion.
>>
>>81301923
futa's not gay
>>
When Superman says "no one stays good here" or something like that.

The way this movie cynically derides the very idea of heroics is truly awe inspiring. BvS is EXACTLY the movie DC had to make at this point.

Because this sure as FUCK ain't Marvel!
>>
Flash randomly popping in in the middle of the movie to try and deliver a message to Bruce was so stupid I liked it.
>>
>>81302053
>then turns around and sacrifices himself for everyone else
get fucked
>>
>>81300313
Batman vs the Thugs (and "I'm a friend of your Son")

The Batmobike whipping a car around
Wonder Woman vs Doomsday

Bruce Wayne trying to save people at the beginning

Lex Luthor using Zod's fingerprints to access the door

Lex Luthor talking about how god never heard his prays when he was getting beaten

Any scene with Alfred
>>
>>81301617
Yeah, he was just a very energetic presence.
I would have liked him to be a bit less manic and tic-ridden, but as is...he had what makes Lex a Lex.
Petty, weasily, bastardom.
>>
>>81302214
Yeah, but the rest of the movie is doubting what he does the entire time.

Don't get me wrong, I love this film, I saw it twice already. In theatres. But I love it FOR WHAT IT IS.
>>
>>81301923
I laughed at this as a response what the fuck ahahaha
>>
>>81302471
>and "I'm a friend of your Son"
my theater lost their shit at that line
>>
>>81301126
It seems like he's moving pretty slow for a guy who lives underwater.
>>
When Batman told Superman that he would take care of his mother and promised that she won't die tonight. Gave me shivers because such a promise from Batman right before dealing with a fucking difficult situation like that was intense as fuck. Just knowing that his promise is like a physically law made me giddy to see him rescue her by kicking ass.
>>
>>81302821
I liked actually seeing batarangs in action
>>
i liked that part where a woman drank piss and then got blown up by a handicapped suicide bomber
>>
>>81300313
>Clark and Lois bath scene
>Batman and the cops
>any scene with Alfred
>any scene with Perry White
>Wondie cringing at Lex talking about Zeus
>Batman vs thugs
>the Supes and Lois moment after S retrieves the spear
>Wondie's grin after Doomsday knocks her off her feet
>>
>>81301005

Hmm, it's almost if seeing these alien sun gods effortlessly destroying a major city made him go from being a good man to being cruel, as Alfred was nice enough to point out.
>>
>>81300760
Why would anyone do that? Why would you go and watch a dubbed movie? Are you mexican?
>>
>>81303096
saw psycho pass the movie dubbed the other week
>>
>>81302730
Yeah mine too. With a second wave when she said the bit about the cape.
>>
>>81303019

>Wondie cringing at Lex talking about Zeus

I was literally the only person in my theater who laughed at that. I forget, are they going for the daughter of Zeus angle for this continuity, or are they sticking with the made from clay origin?
>>
>>81303226
Zeus, according to Roven or someone
>>
File: 1459388170338.png (307 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
1459388170338.png
307 KB, 403x403
>>81300313
After the movie where I got shitfaced because my Batman loving brother wouldn't shut the fuck up about how " Batman beat Superman HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"
I really hate my family.
>>
>>81300313

When it ended.
>>
>Alfred whining about Bruce
>Wondie rolling her eyes at Lex
>"Crime Wave in Gotham" "Other Breaking News:Water 'Wet'
>Every Clois and WonderBat scene
>Bruce saying he won't fail Clark in death
>>
>>81300313
Superman taking Doomsday into space
That intense beam war
>>
File: 1458074806743.jpg (85 KB, 804x802) Image search: [Google]
1458074806743.jpg
85 KB, 804x802
>>81303416

>We have to deal with Batfags for another 20 years
>>
The "I'm a friend of your sons" line was my favorite thing from the whole movie
>>
This movie is like scarface, ahead of its time. Shallow and superficial movies like marvel get praised but Batman vs superman has a longer lasting appeal as a film.
>>
>>81300313
>And it was in that moment when Bruce realized he fucked up
>>
>>81304523
Scarface is the opposite of ahead of its time.
>>
>>81300760
Korean? Japanese?
>>
>>81301057
>"Bruce, you were right, I need your help"
>Bruce procedes to be Bruce
Everyfucking time
>>
>>81304596
Backwards?
>>
>>81303416
Could be worse, there was a guy in the theatre who said, pretty much yelling:
>Batman totally killed Doomsday, see, Batman spared Superman, so everythign Superman accomplishes from now on it's on Batman
At first I thought it was a joke, till he started to sperg when people laughed at his stupidity and disagreed with him
>>
>>81300313
>Bruce's face when
>>
In all seriousness that scene where the cops are investigating that sex trafficker's place and you see Bats in the corner of the ceiling.
Wonder Woman's entrance got me hype with her theme playing along with Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg's cameos.
>>
>>81304004
>Wondie rolling her eyes at Lex

I loved that. I guess they're going with the Zeus is her dad thing from New 52 due to how she reacted to Lex's shit.
>>
I liked Diana rolling her eyes at Lex's speech. Bruce and her talking about the real Alexander the Great's knife. And Bruce finding her picture (also Flash stopping a robbery) and his reaction.
>>
>>81304682
People like it less now than they did when it first released
>>
>>81301126
>breaks the sound barrier
>underwater
>>
>>81304940
>In all seriousness that scene where the cops are investigating that sex trafficker's place and you see Bats in the corner of the ceiling.
Agreed, that was freaking amazing.
>>
>>81305109
>caring about logic in a movie with a alien who breaks Physics
>>
Anyone got a webm of The Flash appearing? I wanna see if the papers are moving when Bruce wakes from his dream or if the speed force knocks him out.
>>
>>81300313
>Great Moments

Batman beating up the goons was a good scene

Bruce in Metropolis

>Ok moments
Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman vs Doomsday was overall a cool fight, but was done too early in this universe of movies.

I liked the Batman/Superman fight right up until Superman sees Batman reloading the kryptonite grenade, and then flies right into it. and the Martha connection was kinda dumb.
>>
>>81300760
México or Spain?
>>
>>81300313
Relaxed to that scene, Batman's little smirk when he sees that his Kryptonite gizmos are working on Superman. So good.

Any scene with Bruce and Alfred.
>>
>>81305468
*related
>>
>>81305340
I'm gonna play devil's advocate here and say that it was nice to see Martha Wayne actually be the one who got focus out of Bruce's parents. We usually get the shot of her pearls falling but we actually got to see something other than that.
>>
File: 2016-03-31 14.01.31.png (564 KB, 1651x954) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-31 14.01.31.png
564 KB, 1651x954
My favorite part of this movie was the fallout, and DC making Superman a fucking hero again.
>>
>>81300313
My favorite was when Batman googlemailed Wonder Woman
>>
>>81306130
I liked that too actually. Bruce actually got his humanity back at the end of the movie. He's not a dick anymore.
>>
>>81306174
>not a Dick anymore
Bruce Wayne confirmed for DickBats in Disguise the whole time?
>>
>>81306130
Yeah, that was pretty cool.
>>
>>81306212
Hey now Ben had a nice ass in BvS but it wasn't THAT nice.
>>
>>81306130
That's sweet
>>
>>81301057
Lex wants us to EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>81306130
>His nephew understood the movie better than half of the adult nerds in /co/.
>>
>>81306343
Cavill's was though. Guess that's why Superman wears a cape - so people don't confuse him with Nightwing.
>>
The speech Bats gave right before he was about to gut Supes, and then his "why did you say thay name??" fury. Also Thomas Wayne's "Martha"
>>
>>81308349
People get the Martha scene, they're just calling it retarded and contrived, because it is.

>DCucks need children to validate their awful taste now
>>
>>81311068
its not even the Martha scene man, it happens when Superman dies. He is obviously killing people when saving martha,

and the Martha thing isnt contrived at all if it comes from over 70 years of comic history, its clever and I cant believe its never been used in comics before.
>>
>>81300760
Where are you from nigga
>>
>>81305013
Yes, but I can guess she would have rolled her eyes at anything being said about Greek myths.
She spends her time correcting wiki pages on them.
>>
BRAVO SYNDER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br3ZQDo6nBw
>>
Man when Supes lifts Doomsday into space that scene is fucking epic.
>>
>>81304687

Where the hell do you guys find this people?
>>
>>81308349

This... actually makes me feel hopeful.
>>
>>81304523
I agree the movie is ahead of its time, marvel movies are just safe, this movie took some risks.

Made Lex completely different, Superman more human which is the point of him Though a little to broody for my tastes. Batman was a much more dark angry version. Wonder Woman was a jew.

All in all it was a pretty decent movie that I suspect will be better on second viewing, where Marvel movies are generally bland 2nd time around.
>>
>>81300716
Immediately ruined when Supes doesn't turn around and chuck his faggot ass off the same roof, or at least capture him and turn him over to the cops for Lois to press charges of abduction, attempted murder, etc. Luthor said it himself that he is no longer a factor in whether superMom lives or not so there are negative reasons to just let him skip away with no consequences even in the heat of the moment.

Even with things on the rooftop going exactly how they did, Supes could have been a cheeky, spiteful motherfucker and just grabbed Batman, been like "hey so Luthor has a hostage he's going to kill unless I bring him your head, but mum was the word on whether it couldn't still be attached to the rest of you so let's go beat the life out of him for being a shitprick then we can have a stress-relieving punchup against each other afterward or maybe you can just explain to me why you have a hateboner for me, whichever you'd prefer I'm nice like that okay?"

In general everything important in the movie happens because someone is being unfathomably retarded and that's just sloppy writing.
>>
>>81315138
But you're wrong. He specifically says she'll die if anything happens to him. There are retarded moments, like lois just turning around to get the spear, but what you said is just untrue.
>>
>>81315138

Supes wouldn't kill Luthor after the whole Zod deal, not to mention the whole "kill me and Martha dies!" line. And Luthor said Clark had a time limit, tick tock.

As for the fight, Bruce wasn't hearing any of it from Clark. He just wanted blood. The traps kept interrupting him to the point where he got sick of it and threw Bruce through a building
>>
File: 1457840022608.png (235 KB, 500x457) Image search: [Google]
1457840022608.png
235 KB, 500x457
>That lois bath scene
Does anybody have a webm of it?
>>
>>81316365
pervert
>>
>>81300313
I loved when Bats bashes him around while saying something like, "you're not a god"
"Youre not even a man" and we see disgust in his face with that line.
Also "you're not brave, only men are brave"
Know that is not true all the times but I think it does apply to supes plenty of times
>>
>>81316598
>>81316951
Christ, Anon.
>>
File: gotmeagain.gif (219 KB, 368x270) Image search: [Google]
gotmeagain.gif
219 KB, 368x270
>>81316966
I know, I fucking quit.
>>
Wonder Woman's first appearance, I loved the crossed bracers pose, her solo part of the fight against Doomsday was nice too, great sword action
>>
I like the part where Lois almost drowns.
>>
>>81302471
>Lex Luthor talking about how god never heard his prays when he was getting beaten
I liked this. He's calmly sucking his dad's dick the whole movie, oh, my dad was so great. But these little bits of manic hate and contempt still sneak through, like at the party. Then at the end, he does what he's been wanting to do all movie and scream "FUCK YOU DAD!" to the cosmos.
>>
>>81306130
Oh hey a kid understood this movie better than most adults do.
>>
>>81308349
>>81318125
>>81306130

It's because critics and clickbaiters aren't looking for subtext in these movies. Batman was effectively the villain for most of the movie. It's not until he finds humanity in Superman and sees he's willing to sacrifice his life to protect Earth that he finally snaps out of his fervent rage to kill Superman and goes back to being normal Batman.
>>
>>81316828
That is such a jealous, shitty attitude to have, though. It's not like Superman asked for those powers, he just got saddled with them, and he's using them to help the world as best he can. Bats is just psychotic and resentful about it. Just because Supes is ultimately less-vulnerable, it doesn't mean he isn't still willing to give his life to save others. That makes him brave.

Also, Superman NEVER ever even claims to be brave. And nobody every really calls him that, either. Bats is just one salty sociopath.
>>
>>81318306
The movie's pretty janky with its pacing and editing, but it does a good job portraying a Batman who's been broken down by two decades of Gotham Being Gotham, a dead Robin and it all culminating in the destruction of Metropolis.

This is something that's brought up repeatedly in the mythos, Batman and the abyss he's staring into. In this movie, everything became too much and he fell into the abyss. But Superman pulled him out. And Batman knows it.

He failed him in life. He won't fail him in death.
>>
>>81300313
In this one scene I can immediately see why any and all Batfags would hate the fuck out of this movie. Hilarious.
>>
>>81301530
>When Superman finds out Lex did something to his mother and gets pissed off, but regains control after he also learns it won't help things.
This. It was such a contrast from MoS when Superman just tackles the fuck out of Zod for threatening his mother. Show's he's actually learning.
>>
>>81319962
Why did Superman have to die at all?

Snyder keeps claiming he likes Superman but every action he takes in these movies shows the opposite. He ruined Pa Kent. He shits all over Clark's optimism. He fucking kills him. Snyder hates Superman.
>>
>>81300313
I love that Superman flies him down instead of just whipping him to the bottom of the building. He really doesn't want to kill Batman even with all this stuff on the line
>>
>>81301923
Does he even need to wave his hand to make someone explode? I feel like that was just him being showy. What an ass. Give the man a little dignity.
>>
>>81320126
>He fucking kills him
When did he do that? He was never dead, just in a coma or something.
>>
>>81320126
He's setting Superman up as the ultimate hero of the JL bruv
When the "true" Superman is resurrected in JL and stares Darkseid down as everyone looks at him in awe it's going to be one of the most hype moments ever
>>
>>81320239
And just like that, they hype switch is back on. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>81320239
I don't have that kind of optimism any more. Snyder has killed it. I'm sick of him ruining my favorite superhero.
>>
>>81319962
>The movie's pretty janky with its pacing and editing, but it does a good job portraying a Batman who's been broken down by two decades of Gotham Being Gotham, a dead Robin and it all culminating in the destruction of Metropolis.

>"We've always been criminals, Alfred."
>>
if they flew supermans "corpse" into space and in front of the sun would superman of got better?
>>
>>81300313
why did superman fight him back rather than took this chance to talk to Bruce rationally explaining what actually happened?
>>
>>81302730
That was a perfectly placed bit of comic relief. I spent the previous 10 minutes absolutely certain that Ma Kent was gonna die, then a nice, light joke to ease the tension. It was also nice that it came from Batman, to show that he had indeed lost the stick up his ass.

Take notes, MARVEL.
>>
>>81320335
Because it's called Batman vs Superman?
>>
>>81306130
i dont understand why people didnt get this.
>>
>>81320335
Because then there wouldn't be a movie... and Bruce is a bit of a dick in said movie and wouldn't listen anyways
>>
>>81320311
Yes, vigilantism and building your own armory with unique tech is against the law. As are most of the things Batman in any non-66 incarnation does to fight crime, like picking evidence out of crime scenes. I fail to see the point you are trying to make.
>>
>>81300313

So why didn't Batman put in some Kryptonite knuckle dusters in that armor of his?

If it was Iron Man, he'd have incorporated it in the Hulkbuster's piston puncher.
>>
>>81320419
Because they didn't want to.
>>
>>81320126
>He ruined Pa Kent
No he made the unique and artistic choice to give us a worldly cynical and big picture seeing version of him rather then repeating the same old shit.
>He shits all over Clark's optimism.
No he did not he merely took away his naiveté. He still wanted to help people and thinks they are worth protecting he just can see at the same time that the majority of them suck badly.
>He fucking kills him.
A noble sacrificial death. A good death and one that he will return from.
>>
>>81302899
I liked the two full minutes that the jar of piss made her uncomfortable for before the explosion finally happened to mercifully end the scene
>>
>>81320500
>Batman isnt as smart as Tony Stark.
>>
>>81320578
So in other words he didn't actually make Pa Kent, he made his own original character and slapped Pa Kent's name on it.
>>
>>81320435
Superman could've told him that his mother being held captive and Lex had setup everything, instead of unnecessarily brawl him back when there's a chance. And that little smirk there, felt like he enjoyed avenging batman. I kinda didn't like Superman's characterization in here
>>
>>81320419
Because it wasn't hand waved in their face
>>
File: 1459182822667.jpg (297 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
1459182822667.jpg
297 KB, 1200x600
Batman talking to Alfred. No matter what movie, cartoon, comic, game, or whatever, Alfred is ALWAYS enjoyable.

Batman saving Martha. Best Batman action ever right here.

Trinity vs Doomsday.
>>
I think it was pretty nifty seeing Batman using pretty much every gadget he had to not get slaughtered by Doomsday while Superman was out of the fight for a bit. Was kind of nice to see him be out of his depth for once.

Favourite scene was probably seeing Superman with the Kryptonite spear. That scene as a whole just had a certain gravitas, even if his sacrifice didn't really have the impact it should have.
>>
>>81320417
They should have called it Batman & Superman & Wonder Woman vs Lex Luthor & Doomsday : Teasers of Justice League
>>
>>81320460
> Implying that replying to someone has to be refutation and not agreement
>>
>>81320792
'Batman V Superman and also Wonder Woman is there' has been my working title since her appearing was confirmed
>>
>>81320792
Batman and Supervman v. An Hour and a Half of Disjointed Setups and World-Building
>>
>>81320578
Fuck off. He doesn't understand Pa Kent, and he doesn't understand Clark Kent/Supes. He doesn't understand altruism and selflessness because he's a fucking objectivist nutter.

I hope this movie is another Amazing Spider-Man 2. I hope it underperforms. It deserves to. It's an abomination.
>>
>>81300313
Is this scene as funny in the movie as it is out of context?
>>
>>81320500
Some type of Kryptonite melee weapon on his person would have been ideal, but honestly Bruce had no idea about how it would affect him. You can tell by the look on his face that he wasn't expecting the Kryptonite dust he inhaled wear off so quickly.

>>81320578
>No he made the unique and artistic choice to give us a worldly cynical and big picture seeing version of him rather then repeating the same old shit.
THIS. I can't help but cringe when I see the white-washed, God-fearing Kents of the olden days. They basically force Superman into his life, from beating into him every day that he HAS to be a hero and HAS to use his powers to make the world a better place, right down to Ma even sewing a gawdy suit for him to wear. It just reminds me of those parents who force their kids to take piano lessons and shit instead of letting them follow their own interests. It makes them seem so impersonal, and it makes Clark seem like a fucking tool.

>>81320619
The biggest case of "NOT MUH" I've ever seen. I think it's terminal, anon.
>>
>>81302053
>Because this sure as FUCK ain't Marvel!

Yeah, it sure as fuck isn't a well-put-together movie with a coherent plot that pays respect to its source material as much as it can
>>
>>81320912
>I hope it underperforms.

Unless it basically 100% stops selling tickets from now until the end of its run, that's pretty much impossible. As bad as Smallville was, the Superman brand kept it on the air for 10 seasons. This movie will sell tickets for as long as it's in theaters.
>>
>>81320912
>I hope it underperforms
I've got some bad news for you, anon...
>>
>>81320999
What a waste of trips. You're a complete moron. What's the point of adapting a character if your adaptation is nothing like the character he's based on?
>>
>>81309752
My friend was kinda irked at that fury.
I will admit, I liked it, only because bringing up Bruces parents is a quick and easy way to fuck with him.

My problems with this movie; Theres a fantastic movie in there, its the cinematography, and the directing though... I had some issues. Namely Jeep is trying to get AfBat to sell me the latest model while 9/11 X100 is happening

They went too far with all the Superman= Jesus/God/ Lucifer bits. Once or twice? Thats great. Lexs awkwardly talking about how hes going to turn that portrait upside down? Okay, An extended shot of said portrait at the end upside down? We get it, theres some biblical shit going down.

Lex himself, he had SOME elements I liked, namely, like every other version hes one of the smartest people around, and in this movie, was smart enough to figure out Bats and Supes quite easily. (That actually made the party scene much more tolerable in hindsight. He already figured that shit out.) some, well, not so much (MUH KINDA AUTISMTURRETS. Mercy go boom.)
>>
>>81321163
>ultimately ends up instilling Superman with a good set of values that causes him to do the right thing because he was given a strong moral compass, instead of just being told over and over again "hurrr, ya gotta be a superhero, my boy!"
You're right, he's nothing like the original. He's better.
>inb4 "b-but he told him to kill a bus full of children!"
What a maroon.

Also:
>caring about dubs, trips, et. al.
Go back to bed, junior.
>>
>>81321355
>What a maroon.
lmao yes

Peoples reaction to that scene revealed so much about how so many are fundamentally unable to read fucking cinema.

Look at the scene, listen to this tone, look at Costner's performance. It all serves to give you an idea of a man who doesn't have all the answers and clearly doesn't 100% buy into what he is saying. He's a simple man trying to do the right thing in an extraordinary situation.

tl;dr Man of Steel wasn't perfect but it sure proved how shit people are at watching movies
>>
>>81306130
>kills before Superman 'saves' him
>kills after too

geez this coulda worked too and was going to work, thats why they spent so much emphasis on batman branding and being more brutal
while everyone just ignored him killing

if i had to bet money to be honest, BATMAN DID NOT KILL ANYONE IN BVS. No matter what Zack Snyder said or what was literally in the movie, he did not kill anyone in this canon. all those crashed car guys survived, that batplane explosions just blew those guys back. trust me
>>
>>81321355
Henry Cavill as a person is a better Superman than whatever the fuck character Zack Snyder has him playing.
>>
>>81321355
He turned Clark into a paranoid, mopey guy with a fundamental fear of other people.

It's funny you talk about comics Pa Kent telling Clark he HAS to be a superhero. That's exactly the vibe I get from movie Clark. It feels like he saves people almost from a sense of obligation. There's no joy and no levity in what he does. Superman's a god. He's all but invincible. He had an idyllic childhood. He should always be cheery and in good spirits.

No movie with Superman in it should be as grim and as dour as this one.
>>
>>81321584
>Not muh Supes
>Not muh Pa Kent
>>
>>81321163
Implying Batman in miller's TDKR uses Kryptonite infused melee weapon
>>
>>81321770
>>
>>81304610
Korea shows subs not dubs.
>>
>>81321584
>He turned Clark into a paranoid, mopey guy with a fundamental fear of other people.
No. The world did that. His father taught him that the world was a terrible place that didn't deserve him. And he was right. But he still tries to do the right thing and make the world a better place because his fathers (both of them) told him he had the potential to.

And THAT, my friends... is why he's Superman. It is a much more powerful testament to his strength of character than being a fucking Mary Sue whom everyone loves, never struggles, and gets a parade thrown for pulling a cat out of a tree. It's easy to be Superman when everyone loves you, unconditionally. But when the world is constantly judging you and decrying you, but you still keep fighting the good fight? THAT is a true hero.
>>
>>81320619
>So in other words he didn't actually make Pa Kent, he made his own original character and slapped Pa Kent's name on it.
A alternate version of a character that has a different view point is still the same character.
Injustice Superman is still fucking Superman for example.

>>81320912
>He doesn't understand Pa Kent, and he doesn't understand Clark Kent/Supes
CHOOSING to do so something different with a re-adaption per the very nature and point of a reboot/remake does not fucking mean he does not understand the original character.
>>81321163
>What's the point of adapting a character if your adaptation is nothing like the character he's based on?
Compare in contrast. Its possible to like BOTH for different reasons.
>>
>>81321953
>No. The world did that. His father taught him that the world was a terrible place that didn't deserve him. And he was right. But he still tries to do the right thing and make the world a better place because his fathers (both of them) told him he had the potential to.
>And THAT, my friends... is why he's Superman. It is a much more powerful testament to his strength of character than being a fucking Mary Sue whom everyone loves, never struggles, and gets a parade thrown for pulling a cat out of a tree. It's easy to be Superman when everyone loves you, unconditionally. But when the world is constantly judging you and decrying you, but you still keep fighting the good fight? THAT is a true hero.
FUCKING PREACH!
>>
File: TDKR.jpg (60 KB, 620x321) Image search: [Google]
TDKR.jpg
60 KB, 620x321
>>81321824
Really? You're going to use The Dark Knight Strikes Again?

When your're the one who said adapting the source material. And Strikes Again was completely shit compared to Returns.
>>
>>81320981
It gave the audience a small chuckle coupled with some oh shit.
>>
>>81320156
>Does he even need to wave his hand to make someone explode? I feel like that was just him being showy.
it's more visually interesting to do something like that instead of just standing around
>>
>>81321953
If you think altruism and selflessness make a character into a Mary Sue then we're never going to understand each other. We're doomed to talk past each other at this point.
>>
>>81321961
Injustice Superman is EVIL Superman. Injustice Superman is Superman who's betrayed everything he stands for. That's the whole point of the universe, that Superman has STOPPED being Superman and everything goes to hell as a result.
>>
File: 1417066485374.gif (1 MB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1417066485374.gif
1 MB, 480x480
>>81321824
>that art
>>
>>81300313
>>
>>81324046
>>
>>81324107
>>
>>81324141
>>
>>81320604
>mercifully end the scene
That scene was awesome
>>
Basically all the action.

>Injustice-Mad Max esque nightmare.
>The trinity vs. Doomsday
>Bats v Supes fight

I hope critics stuck their tomatoes in their asses.
>>
>>81324107
>>81324141
>>81324172
Batfleck was a fucking beast, I loved it. Any webm of him paying a visit to Luthor in prison? That was genuinely scary.
>>
>>81324231
But none of those are good.
>>
>>81300846
i agree about the flash. probably hasn't had time to shave due to his time line being really fucked up. armored suit for dream travelin'.
>>
>>81324306
>>
>>81301126
The glowing eyes were cool
>>
>>81304523

Agree with you. The time will reveal the truth, marveldrones.

>>81304596

But he's right. De Palma and crew said it themselves in the DVD special feature documentary. People hated it then, love it now.
>>
>>81304596

Don't spread lies, please.

http://www.npr.org/2011/08/26/139913728/scarface-over-the-top-but-ahead-of-its-time

>When it first came out, I panned it for taking Howard Hawks' great 1932 movie and remaking it as something trashy, shallow and excessive to the point of camp. I wasn't alone. The movie received a lot of bad reviews, and even the public wasn't wild about it.

The same will happen to BvS, you'll see.
>>
>>81324409
What is going on
>>
>>81304523
You can fuck right off, don't you dare compare Scarface to this mediocre thing
>>
>>81302888
This!!! Something I really want from future Batman movies is a lot of Batarang action.
>>
The trinity vs Doomsday was ruined by the editing and the crappy CGI
Otherwise this movie had its share of both bad and good
It's still a solid 6 on my book
>>
>>81324107
Oh so now Batman has Captain America strength?
>>
>>81324409
What exactly happened here? Where did the two guards go? How was Batman suddenly there? What happened to the light?
It's okay to make Batman the ultimate ninja but come on, this shit is like magic.
>>
>>81320296
Same. Superman is never given a chance to be himself. A courtroom is bombed before he even has a chance to speak. I'd love to see what this guy said>>81320239
but I don't think it will happen ever.
>>
>>81314226
He was that guy.
>>
File: superman senate.jpg (234 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
superman senate.jpg
234 KB, 1200x1200
>>81325179
>A courtroom is bombed before he even has a chance to speak.
Pretty sure he gets a chance to speak in the pic related scene. However, it was cut from the theatrical version.
>>
>>81324409
Awesome. Thanks!
>>
>>81324980

What are technology and training?.
>>
>>81324980
>Where's the realism?!
>>
>>81326244
He wasn't wearing his power suit and I didn't know you could train so hard that you develop super strength. Neat.
>>
>>81324980
Nolan pls go.
>>
Superman should have had uncle ben as a dad not psycho pa.

with great power comes great responsibility.

boom. seriously TASM had a better dad than snyderverse.
>>
>>81325356
hell yeah, cut all scenes that would be good and help connect things. we need time to shoehorn other superheroes that literally do not matter to the plot.
>>
My favorite part was when the credits started rolling, because it was finally over and I could take the most satisfying piss of my life
>>
>>81326658
>Not going BEFORE the movie
literally retarded, never go into the theater without peeing first
>>
>>81324409
webm of The Flash from the future?
>>
>>81324409
>Lex giving no fucks
Like that he can see beyond the superhero facade and know they won't do shit
>>
>>81326724
hey man he probably drank a fuckton of soda while watching
>>
>>81326658
did you clap?
>>
>>81325356
Kek. Cut this scene out and Lex talking to Steppenwolf and other scenes that may slightly develop the characters for what? Youtube trailers for Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg.
>>
>>81326890
>Drinking soda while watching
>drinking soda during it at all
at least tell me he wasn't dumb enough to buy it at the theater
>>
>>81324107
The only thing I was thinking with the zipline was that "Holy shit, this is literally the Batman from the Arkham games". Dude was quickfiring gadgets all over the place, and had multiple simultaneous counters.
>>
>>81327036
>tfw if it were me I'd accidentally cape slap them like a hundred times
fucking wrecks my combo everytime, man I'm shit at those games.
>>
File: 1459318291488.webm (2 MB, 1920x1038) Image search: [Google]
1459318291488.webm
2 MB, 1920x1038
>>
>>81327099
loved them trying to frantically fire off their guns right after he jammed them
>>
>>81327109
When he came busting through the floor and firing off jammers, I lost my shit
But Batman vs quad-thugs was the best part
the punch through the wall was also good
>>
>>81327209
As much as /co/ shits on it, the action in the movie was great. That being said I do hope they replace Snyder for JL, not because I dislike him but he has a very specific style and given that Terrio has said JL will have a much lighter tone, not sure he's the best fit.
>>
>>81305273
My friend asked the same thing, when he wakes up for the second time there definitely is papers flying around in the background
>>
>>81300846
>!!
Yup, confirmed Redditor.
>>
>>81326795
>>
>>81318306
Why would any worthy critic waste his time looking for depth in a superhero blockbuster?
>>
>>81327317
>''BEN, YOU GOTTA STOP SNYDER, YOU HAVE TO KEEP HIM AWAY FROM THE BATMAN MOVIE''
>>
File: 1459314034731.jpg (30 KB, 1200x500) Image search: [Google]
1459314034731.jpg
30 KB, 1200x500
>>81327344
>le epin Snyder is bad meme
This is fucking "man of murder" all over again
>>
>>81327317
Thanks! Paper moves! Bruce knocked out by speedforce!
>>
>>81327412
Dude had a fucking Oscar-winning writer with him.
It's obvious Snyder is the problem.
I don't know why is DC so reluctant to kick him out, when this movie is the proof that name alone is enough to succeed.
>>
>>81327430
Snyder isn't the problem, the fucking editors are. They just went around cutting important character & story building scenes and butchering this movie, and all you faggots just pile it all on Snyder like he's the only one involved in this moive
>>
Who the fuck calls their mother by their first name?
>>
>>81327510
>not his mother
>batman wouldn't have any idea who he was talking about if had just said "mom"
>wouldn't have been any 'much dead parents' scene
>>
>>81327510
Looks like someone doesn't have 2 identities.
>>
>>81327099
Damn, Batfleck vs mooks is the shit
>>
>>81315000
>Superman more human
In what way
>>
>>81320419
Because Batman acted like he was on Superman's side for more than 11 minutes.
>>
>>81320276
Why do you people do this to yourselves
>>
>>81320276
And just like that, people will let Snyder fuck up the Superman movie, the introduction to Batman, and Justice League.
Congratulations, seriously, this kind of delusion is praise worthy.
>>
>>81327715
You don't try to keep your secret identity intact when both you and your mother's lives are on the line. Lois was retarded in this movie and even she saw that.
>>
>>81324409
Do you have a webm of Batmans first appearance?
>>
>>81324409
Any webm of the parademons scene? I want to have a better look at them.
>>
>>81323797
If you somehow think that DCEU Superman isn't altruistic and selfless, you're pretty damn retarded.
>>
>>81329320
why does he do it though?
>>
>>81321344
I think going back to the painting at the end was to remind us of the Parademons in Batman's vision.
>>
>>81327564
It was confusing trying to keep track of who knows who's who
>Lois knows Clark is Superman
>Superman knows Bruce is Batman
>Wonder Woman knows Bruce is Batman
>Lex Luthor knows who everyone is

Bruce didn't seem to know till the end that Superman was Clark
Thread replies: 250
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.