[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wait a minute, hold the fucking phone. While I still thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
File: Khgvbilhj.jpg (20 KB, 620x405) Image search: [Google]
Khgvbilhj.jpg
20 KB, 620x405
Wait a minute, hold the fucking phone.

While I still thought it was stupid as all hell, I was willing to let go of the Martha thing because in Zack's own weird clunky way, it was his idea of humanizing Supes to Bats by letting him know he had a family like anyone else and wasn't just some alien. I think it involved some major backflips and Batman being kind of an idiot but I let it got

But THEN I was reminded of that scene where Bats is dragging Supes across the floor when he's like "I bet your parents told you you were meant for great things my parents told me something else blah blah blah" so the concept of "Superman has a family" wasn't lost to Bats at all.

So the ONLY reason Bats stopped spearing him is because their moms have the same name. That's it The only reason. I'm trying to defend this movie past Batfleck but I just can't
>>
>>81295691
It went more towards reminding Bruce of the death of his parents and that he was about to murder someone in coldblood just like his parents murderers
But yea it was fucking stupid ham fisted and 100% did not work.
>>
>>81295691
it's not that he has a family
It's that his mom is about to die with superman helpless to stop it
or atleast thats how it should be
>>
File: yesah.jpg (136 KB, 1040x996) Image search: [Google]
yesah.jpg
136 KB, 1040x996
>>81295691
pretty much everyone agrees with you
we have had this argument for a while now
and for some reason there are 3 or 4 anons defending it to their bone

snyderfags will be snyderfags i supposed

but yeah

fucking DUMBEST shit ive ever seen
i had to look at my phone during that scene because i couldnt handle how fucking cheesy it was
>>
>>81295691
He stopped because of what he was told in his dream. "Martha is the key" (or something similar to that, along with a few other lines I cant remember exactly). You are are overthinking this... by a lot.
>>
>>81295825
>Martha is the key
It was Lois is the key

>You are are overthinking this... by a lot.
No I'm not. This movie has fucking serious problems
>>
>>81295691
His parents were faceless aliens.

God you guys are stupid.
>>
>>81295691

Yeah there was a lot of eye rolling on my part during all that.at least batfleck looked bad ass pulling the spear out of the ground to kill him.

I just want to see batfleck at Martha Kent fuck on the dining room table in the next one and not a single shot of Lois lane.
Ever.
>>
>>81295856
The movie has tons of problems, I'm not arguing that.

I thought that he said Martha was the key. If he did indeed say Lois, then I have no idea why he didnt kill Superman... thats just dumb lol
>>
File: ss+(2016-03-31+at+10.23.23).png (8 KB, 487x116) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-03-31+at+10.23.23).png
8 KB, 487x116
>>81295867
His parents were also the kent family
>>
>>81295691
The thing is, Supes can fly. Why didn't he just go
>Bruce, I'm not coming down there until you hear me out
>Lex is the bad guy
>he's kidnap my mom and forcing me to fight you
>>
>>81296028
Then Bruce would pop him with a kryptonite grenade
Clark would catch it because he's confident
And Clark would fall and get his shit pushed in again
>>
>>81295691

Nice idea, piss poor execution
>>
>>81295988
And Batman wasnt exactly considering that. He was thinking more of the whole Jor'el telling Superman how great he's going to be type shit.
>>
>>81295856
The flash
>she is the key!
Didn't specify who.
>>
>>81295988
Not for batman. Is snyder really too smart for you?
>>
>>81295691
>only humans can have parents
GET OUT YOUR HUMAN CENTRIC WORLD YOU RACIST
>>
>>81296091
And that was literally was Jor-el said.
>>
>>81296108
>she is the key!
No, he specifically says "It's Lois"
>>
>>81295691

Bruce was referring to his alien parents, not the human ones you mong.
>>
File: Superman vs Batman.jpg (3 MB, 1920x1081) Image search: [Google]
Superman vs Batman.jpg
3 MB, 1920x1081
>>81296202
Maybe he meant "its Lois" as in "I'm Lois, its me". Maybe Lois gets a sex change op and then time travels back to Bruce's dreams. I think we're on to something here...
>>
File: chilispagetti.jpg (48 KB, 640x343) Image search: [Google]
chilispagetti.jpg
48 KB, 640x343
>>81295691

Bruce sees him as some non-human with no human qualities, he don't know shit about Superman and doesn't know he grew up on earth with human values and human parents. Bruce is obviously referring to the kryptonian parents. The Marthareveal grounds superman as a human with power in Bruce's mind, instead of an alien god.
>>
>>81297147
But doesnt general Zod make it pretty clear that Superman grew up around/with people on Earth when he makes his announcement/demand that they turn over superman in MoS? I thought he did, I could be wrong.
>>
>>81297323
>But doesnt general Zod make it pretty clear that Superman grew up around/with people on Earth when he makes his announcement/demand that they turn over superman in MoS? I thought he did, I could be wrong.

He said...

"For some time, your world has sheltered one of my citizens. I request that you return this individual to my custody. For reasons unknown, he has chosen to keep his identity a secret from you. He will have made efforts to blend in. He may look like you, but he is not one of you."

And the whole world saw/heard that, while only a few know what really happened. I don't think Lois has done articles about Superman's background either.

So as far as most of the world knows, Superman was some alien criminal on the run who was trying to lay low on the Earth. And later they learn that he happens to help people. But why he does the things he does isn't really explained to them.
>>
>>81297682
>I don't think Lois has done articles about Superman's background either.
This baffles me more than anything else.
>>
>>81295744

I feel like Batman should have already been aware of that since he's Batman and his entire life revolves around the death of his parents.
>>
>>81295691
When Bats says "your parents etc" he's talking about his dirty alien parents, anon. Don't be so dense.
>>
>>81295791
What's up with that pic?
>>
>>81297961
have you seen the movie ?
>>
File: yeah.png (197 KB, 426x352) Image search: [Google]
yeah.png
197 KB, 426x352
>>81298266
Yeah?
>>
>>81295691
Bruce was talking about Clark's alien parents, thinking he was bred as a super-god.

When he learns that there's a Martha in danger, he has a PTSD episode, and when he learns that said Martha is Superman's human mother and that she is in danger he snaps and realizes that he was wrongly dehumanizing Superman and how he himself was turning into the very kind of criminal he has hunted down all his life. He failed to save his mother, he's going to try everything to not let another mother die by not acting.

Not that hard.
>>
>>81298356
what the fuck is your question then
>>
>>81295867
I'm pretty sure Russel Crowe has a face.
>>
>>81295691
I interpreted it the way you did at first, but damn you're right and I'm really bummed out
I liked Affleck's performance but man the Batman in this movie is such a fucking caveman
>>
>>81295856
"She's the funniest character we've ever had."
>>
>>81295791
>I had to look at my phone

sounds like the typical attention span of someone who hates capekino
>>
>>81295691
> "I bet your parents told you you were meant for great things
No he said that his parents told him he means something, and that he is here for a reason.

It's a personal attack on his morality, an attempt at dehumanization.
>>
>>81299485
How is it relevant? Why are you watching it twice at differnet speeds?
>>
>>81299485
>>81299674

Sorry, wrong anon
>>81299426
>>
>>81297852
Joker broke this Batman when he killed Robin
that's most likely when he ditched the no kill rule
this Bruce is weaker than the comic books
>>
Zack even outright stated that Bruce knows Superman's flaw will be his morality. Bruce is afraid, of what will happen to Superman if he becomes the tyrant he has the potential to. He saw good people, fighting the fight, corrupted over this career (I do wonder if Jason Todd=Joker theory is true) and his biggest fear is what happens when it happens to Superman. A man with this much power, who causes this much collateral damage when doing good, what will happen when he actually wants to take vengeance upon someone?

Ironically, and Alfred tries to get to him, Bruce is afraid of what will happen if Superman becomes just like him, disillusion by the ineffectiveness of all his acts as they pile up over the years. He is so lost, he even states that killing Superman will be his legacy, rather everything else he has accomplished. It's pretty sad to see him fall so low.

And yes, the Martha scene is what shakes up, when he saw that Superman is not a god, but a man, just like him. The "You are not a man," and "I bet your parents told you are here for a reason" are his attempts to remove humanity from Clark, to justify his attemptet murder. But when Bruce weaknes the God so much he becomes a man, he can't kill the man, that is when he sees he almost repeated the evil act that created him in the first place. He literally almost was devoured by the bat like in his dream.

Fuck the plebs.
>>
>>81299827
Except they both have the same goddamn morality.
>>
>>81299705
im playing it back to back after every fucking scene i cant believe just happened

i watched superman and batmans martha scene 4 times

i still dont believe that happened

did the writers at nick jr sneak into the writers room one day?
>>
>>81299813
This was not shown yet. Stop with the headcanon.
>>
>>81299827
>Zack even outright stated
Doesn't really matter what he stated, does it? All that shit is not shown in the movie.
>>
>>81300479
top kek m8
>>
>>81300479
Yea, if only Bruce had outright said that to Alfred. If only they had a whole dream sequence to underline Bruce's paranoia. If only Flash showed up to tell him that he is in fact right in his fears. If only you weren't such a dumb pleb.

If only.
>>
This will help:

http://nypost.com/2016/03/30/batman-v-superman-is-too-smart-for-marvel-fans/
>>
>>81301561
>http://nypost.com/2016/03/30/batman-v-superman-is-too-smart-for-marvel-fans/

It's shit.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2016/03/29/zack-snyder-loves-superman-and-batman-v-superman-proves-it/#3c96d0df258e

This one is far better
>>
>>81295867
>His parents were faceless aliens.
Superman hadn't done anything wrong at this point and was sometimes helping people. No indication that his parents were bad people. Superman doesn't even look like an alien. Changing his tune only when it is revealed that his mother has an earth name makes Batman look either xenophobic or just block-headed.
>>
>>81296028
Superman had no reason to think Batman could weaken him at all, so he went down to talk face to face since he really needed him.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.