[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I remember seeing Pic Related when I was young, soon after, I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 10
File: We tried, Littlefoot.jpg (65 KB, 674x480) Image search: [Google]
We tried, Littlefoot.jpg
65 KB, 674x480
I remember seeing Pic Related when I was young, soon after, I saw the lion king.

I remember back at school, my friends and classmates were talking about how sad Mufasa's death was. All talking about how it was so emotionally traumatic.

It didn't affect me that much as a child, I always thought:
>He was betrayed by Scar, Simba found out
>He was raised by Timon and Pumba
>Why didn't his mother say anything about his disappearance
and lastly
>He may have lost his dad, but he still has his mom, his (evil) uncle who was going to be found out sooner or later, and the rest of the pride, why did he give it all up? (inb4 animal nature for a new head of the pride to kill all the cubs that aren't his)

Now, this may be biased, but I remember my dad having another family, and I had to grow up with my mom and my sister alone. But he still wants to keep in contact with me.
I always thought when I was young, "At least Simba still has the rest of his family" during the end of that scene

Now, here's why I find Mufasa's death pretty tragic, yet the mom of Littlefoot's Underrated

Littlefoot was LITERALLY alone, where the Sharptooth wants to kill him just like all natural predators
He met only a few dinosaurs to work together and go to the great valley
It was a serious METAPHOR for RACISM
These 5 dinosaurs nearly got killed a lot of times TRYING to fend for themselves and survive.
Littlefoot's Mother was ALL he had left (aside of the grandparents)
He had to watch his mother die while defending him
Literally, the worst thing about this was that this was ALL INSTINCT
Natural Disasters were also a bitch to him
He had to learn the hard way that he was NOT the top of the food chain (That old dino right after his mom's death)
And he literally lost EVERYTHING until he found paradise-ish

Scar betrayed Mufasa because he wanted power
Sharptooth just wanted to eat to live
>>
>>81293155
Not only that, Littlefoot seems more like a realistic kid than Simba. None of this "Oh I just can't wait to be king" stuff-- instead he has to deal with blackbirdism from Cera and her father.
>>
>>81293155
>All talking about how it was so emotionally traumatic

As kids?
>>
>>81295731
I kept hearing "Aww lion king was so sad, Simba's dad was the saddest part"
or "Waaaa, it made me love my family the most" and even, and I wish I was joking "This was the saddest thing that they ever showed to me (kid) in a movie"

all in all, TLBT (orig) was/is seriously underrated, and people were more "impacted" by lion king.

When, Simba still had a big family and was adopted by timon and pumba, he was still a prince (technically), and still had a lot to inherit

Littlefoot, was just a normal dinosaur who was brutally orphaned and had to fend for himself.
>>
to be fair OP LBT and lion king were nearly a decade apart.
>>
>>81296470
True, but aside of that, why did people crown the lion king as "the #1 heartstring pulling animation ever?"
>>
>>81293155
People really underestimate or misremember Land before time because all the hundreds of sequels are so awful. Which really isn't fair, because anything past the first isn't the same team or anything
>>
>>81296742
Exactly, one of the moments when milking out the franchise only leaves a husk of its former self
>>
>>81297161
But I am slightly salty that it didn't get the attention it deserved when it came out
>>
File: 1383721328648.jpg (26 KB, 270x237) Image search: [Google]
1383721328648.jpg
26 KB, 270x237
turning the land before time into a series of generic straight-to-tape musicals is one of the saddest things ever
>>
>>81296584
i think because it was more commercialized when it came out than the TLBF
>>
>>81297977
Milking the franchise
>>
>>81298227
>>81298227
what a shame on that, back when VHS was still a thing, it could've done better in marketing
>>
>>81301114
its what i think besides i was only 2 when TLBT came out so i dont know how was the pubicity of the movie
>>
>>81293155
>finds 'racism' in everything
I hate you people
>>
>>81301996
>Story of the first movie is LITERALLY different RACES of dinosaurs straying away from each other because they were different
>Cera's family shows this saying Three-horns (Ceratops/Truceratops) are better than long necks (Sauropods)
>Film is basically about 5 different dinosaur RACES/SPECIES working together to see their family
>"Hurr Durr Everything is racist to you people"
>>
>>81301353
I can understand that, I was only 9 or so when I saw TLBT on VHS, then a few months after, Lion King
>>
>>81293155
LBT was the best movie. My parents rented it so many times that when they asked to buy the movie the video store owner just gave it to them.

Little Foot's Mom's death was tragic. More dismal than the Mufasa and Bambi's mom's deaths combined. Plus it was brutal to the max. Ms. Long Neck didn't just fall into some wildebeests or get shot and stay down like a pussy. She fought off a T-Rex to save her son. Drenched in her own blood and everything, during a frickin' earthquake.

And then that seen with Little Foot and his shadow. It's so grim. Classic.
>>
>>81301996
You can't deny the whole "Long Neck shouldn't meddle with Three-horns" to be about racism.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsjJ1WWrV20
>>
>>81304133
Ahh yeah, Bambi's mom. Point still stands, I found this death, and the way he coped with it to be more tragic and impactful than lionking/ bambi combined. Knowing the hard way that he was not like Simba or Bambi (Top of the foodchain and the king/King of the forest).

The part where he thought his shadow was his mother was legit one of The Hardest parts of the movie. And we had to see through 70+ mins on how he copes with it.

Not like Simba where he, in a matter of minutes, finds Timon and Pumba, and all worries are gone.

So, my point still stands, how is LBT criminally underrated at the time (and now), yet Lion King and Bambi are considered the "Capital of Feels"
>>
>>81297161
Oh please. The sequels aren't even bad-- they're just not the original. Anyone who lets them ruin the original for them is an idiot.

And Chomper is awesome.
>>
>>81307488
The sequels will never be as memorable as the first one, but I agree, they're not terrible. They're harmless, they introduce some interesting characters in each one, and even the animation gets much better with each film (even if it ain't Bluth)
>>
>>81305965

It was also pretty harsh how convinced Littlefoot was that she'd killed the Sharptooth as well and how he refused to believe that she had died in vain.
>>
File: Cry A Lot.jpg (39 KB, 427x231) Image search: [Google]
Cry A Lot.jpg
39 KB, 427x231
>Dear, sweet Little Foot... do you remember the way to the great valley?
>I guess so....but why do i have to know?you're gonna be with me!
>>
>>81293155
Good call, OP. You are right.
>>
>>81293155
>And he literally lost EVERYTHING until he found paradise-ish

And even then, that's kinda debatable since the Valley might've been a metaphor for 'heaven'. You actually can intemperate that they all died at the end of the movie.
>>
>>81310637
>You actually can intemperate that they

Interpret.

Sorry.
>>
I still say to friends and coworkers
>nice flathead, flathead
But it also came out at a time that it was ok to be horrifying in childrens shows. Looks at the Ewoks adventure or Dark Crystal. That stuff was designed to give children nightmares. It game me nightmares for years but i still loved them and watched them over and over. LBT was no different, the Trex was terrifying but more akin to a force of nature, it symbolized that we are powerless to these type of tragedies, like earthquakes or tornadoes. He has no personality but you understand he is just trying to live, just obeying nature.
>>
I remember wanting Sharptooth to eat Sarah when I was a kid.
>>
>>81310637
I remember theorizing that they all died at the end when I was fucking six years old.
>>
OZZY, I'M HUNGRY
>>
>>81295731
>>81295949
>friendly reminder that the original Land Before Time ending, little foot and pals where going to die in the desert. Spielberg and Lucas told Blueth to change it because it may traumatize kids.
In an unrelated not from the bowels of /tg/: the movements of the Sharp Tooth in the original movie is how I image the tarasuque would move and act look like.
>>
>>81295644
>blackbirdism
wut?
>>
I always found it most tragic that we see Littlefoot working through his grief. He came to realize his mother was gone. Bambi didn't seem to understand what happened, and Simba was adopted by Timon and Pumba and had some form of family.
>>
>>81307707
>>81307488
True, some sequels were fun and harmless (Friends for dinner)

But still doesn't leave as much of an impact as "going to the great valley"
>>
>>81320918
This may just be my childhood memories all weaving together, but the sequels seemed to have one cool dinosaur fight per movie and you can never have enough dinosaur fights.
>>
>>81315663
When was this?

>>81316859
He means to be treated like an outcast/Bad Omen/Black Sheep by someone

>>81321064
Agreed, but not the very first dinosaur fight when I saw the movie
>>
File: dawson_crying.jpg (45 KB, 565x318) Image search: [Google]
dawson_crying.jpg
45 KB, 565x318
>>81309988
>>
>>81307832
Ahhh yeah, that painful moment of denial
>>
File: 1456868064723.gif (510 KB, 700x827) Image search: [Google]
1456868064723.gif
510 KB, 700x827
>>81309988
>>
>>81309988
You monster, Sharptooth
>>
>Reminder that there exists uncut footage of sharptooth violently mauling littlefoot's mother
>>
File: 1438497271406.png (369 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1438497271406.png
369 KB, 640x480
>See thread
>Go listen to the soundtrack for old time's sake.
>Memories
>Nostalgia
>https://youtu.be/VORsYFj3Bew
Kill me
>>
File: NinjaJump.jpg (41 KB, 795x596) Image search: [Google]
NinjaJump.jpg
41 KB, 795x596
>>81293155
When I was a kid I loved this movie but it was always really hard to watch. It was something that I had to prepare before watching, and this is coming from a 3 year old kid back at the time.

When the lion king came out I found it underwhelming, very smalltime too. After going with land before time, how the fuck was I supposed to like all these jumpy singing spoiled furries?

The second movie that they spawned was interesting but they fucked it up with the sing along songs. If they had finished it there then it would had been good.
I always wondered, why doesnt spielberg defended it from cash grabbing milkers?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb5hRhyQfmE

>>81310637
They didnt die, it is confirmed by the director/producer that they indeed find the paradise on earth. Meaning, they all made it out alive.
Otherwise littlefoot would have found his mom in there since she was in the afterlife paradise now.
>>
>>81324866
>Came to the thread expecting a flare war over people saying Lion King is better
>Blown back with nostalgia
>"Littlefoot, wake up Littlefoot"
>>https://youtu.be/VORsYFj3Bew

I can't hold myself anymore, thanks a lot, anon
>>
I'm gonna watch that movie tonight. Its been way too long.
It was the movie that made me cry the most as a child. I really fucking loved my mom and the thought of her not being around killed me.TLBT really captured how ultimately final death is.
>>
File: Icing on the cake, Asshole.jpg (52 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Icing on the cake, Asshole.jpg
52 KB, 500x500
>>81325365
>>81324866
and of course I forgot the pic
>>
>"It's not fair. She should of known better. That was Sharptooth. It's all her fault."
>"Why did I wander so far from home?"
>"What'll I do? I miss her so much."

Hold me, /co/
>>
>>81293155
And in the end you're the one who ended up on a website for ill-adjusted adults to talk about children's cartoons for the rest of their lives.

These fictional animal deaths happened decades ago, your former classmates have moved on, try to do so yourself.
>>
>>81328045
something that bugged me as a kid, and wanted to see if I wasn't the only one.

Also, you're here
>>
File: Land before time AND after time.jpg (124 KB, 1276x379) Image search: [Google]
Land before time AND after time.jpg
124 KB, 1276x379
Why are modern cartoon movies so god damn shitty?
>>
Why the fuck does 4chan look like tumblr?
>>
>>81330638
what's the date, Pamela
>>
>>81330638
>tumblr
This is Google style you absolute pleb, maybe if you didn't concern yourself so much with them you wouldn't see everything as tumblr
>>
>>81330638
Pls Pam...
>>
>>81315663
That's not what was changed. They only cut and edited "intense" scenes. The ending was the same.
>>
>G+ styled 4chan nearly reminds me of the actual thing
>Google + suddenly has a spike in users

it could happen
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.