[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do we know 100% what happened with Edgar Wright and Ant-Man
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 20
do we know 100% what happened with Edgar Wright and Ant-Man
>>
>>81290745
We know like 80%.
>>
>>81290745
yeah the asshole was trying to ruin the movie. Paul rudd saved it.
>>
>>81290763
>saved it
>movie was the definition of mediocre

t b h familia, i prefer a bomb at this point over utter sameness and mediocrity

i've rewatched f4 more times than ant-man because it's entertaining for being a mess, ant-man is just iron man lite
>>
Edgar wanted Hank Pym to be the bad guy twist.
Marvel said no.
Edgar quit.
now he'll never make a superhero movie
>>
he probably wanted to break the mould and marvel probably wanted to make a big load of money instead.
>>
>>81291018
nah it was a good movie. Best solo film non-sequel. You have shit taste.
>>
>>81291075
Yeah, it felt like Hank was either supposed to be the bad guy or die in the lab.
>>
>>81291276
>nah it was a good movie

no, it was an incredibly mediocre movie.

>Best solo film non-sequel

objectively wrong, it doesn't measure up to Iron Man, because it is basically a pale rehash of that. that's like saying Chad Kroger is a better Kurt Cobain than the original

>You have shit taste.

no, i know about film and you're just damage controlling
>>
>>81291276
>Best solo film non-sequel

I loved Antman but come on man.
>>
>>81291282
on the other hand, that's the exact vibe Hank gives off in the comics
>>
I honestly don't think he would have made it any better than what we got... not to say it was perfect or anything.
>>
>>81291323
Ant Man is way better than the first Iron Man. Iron Man 1 isn't even the best Iron Man movie
>>
>>81291376
kek. Iron Man 1 is one of the best cape movies created.
>>
>>81291376
You crack me up.
>>
>>81291383
Iron Man 1's like Spider-Man 1, it aged like milk. Wouldn't even put it in my top 10.
>>
>>81291339
I mean it comes down to whether or not you consider it better than the first Iron Man or not. I love the first Iron Man but the 3rd act left a lot to be desired. Ant-Man has the best 3rd act of any MCU film barring maybe GotG. Also, I'm not including GotG as a solo film.

>>81291323
You're not saying why it's mediocre. Ant-Man is so incredibly different than Iron Man it's not funny. Just because they're both Origin stories? Come the fuck on, man.
>>
>>81290763
>trying to ruin generic mcu movie #231
ok
>>
>>81291408
>You're not saying why it's mediocre.

i already have, multiple times. it's a complete rehash of the marvel formula that's already been done, and was done best, in Iron Man. being a cheap rehash of something is the easiest way to be mediocre right off the bat.

aside from that, let's analyze all the aspects of it....story? generic unlikely hero tale, adding nothing to this been-done-before cliche. Humor? cringe worthy, but i've long accepted that the humor in these movies is not for me and is meant to make moms and girlfriends giggle, so i try not to bitch about it too much and its in every marvel movie anyway so it comes with the territory. action? people jack off the action in this movie too much, i'll admit the first shrinking scene is cool and they were creative in using the power, but when you take away the gimmick of seeing it for the first time the action is not that great....the final battle is "great" only because of a gimmick....it may as well be a Transformers "weightless cg guys floating around" fight scene, only they change sizes. characterization? like most of these flicks, weak villain...just another guy in a suit he never gets too scary and being bad is more of a personality quirk than he is actually threatening or genuinely frightening or disturbing

>Ant-Man is so incredibly different than Iron Man it's not funny.

unlikely hero gets a high tech suit and learns how to do the right thing, fights an evil business man who wants to use said high tech suit for personal gain, finding love and interacting with funny friends inthe process

yeah....not like Iron Man at all, it's a fucking formula
>>
>>81291524
You spent a lot of time typing a shitty contrarian opinion, which is wrong. So congratulations.
>>
>>81291524
>story? generic unlikely hero tale, adding nothing to this been-done-before cliche.
the heist part was new. the dad part was new. the whole legacy thing hadn't been done before in a superhero movie
>action? people jack off the action in this movie too much
Or maybe they're just enjoying the movie.
It's an Ant-Man movie. Bitching about his powers being a gimmick is like bitching about Batman using gadgets and vehicles in a movie.
>like most of these flicks, weak villain
the spurned prodigy angle with Pym was interesting. Seeing him become more and more deranged because of the particles was a nice touch.

>unlikely hero gets a high tech suit and learns how to do the right thing
Tony and Scott are completely different characters
>fights an evil business man who wants to use said high tech suit for personal gain
Villains are very different. Just because they're businessmen doesn't make them the same.
>finding love and interacting with funny friends inthe process
this is such a fucking vague description that can describe any movie.

If you make wide sweeping generalizations about two movies you're going to find similarities.
>>
>>81291598
Everything said there is basically true, meanwhile you said "no u"

You look stupid.
>>
>>81291658
>Tony and Scott are completely different characters

different flavor, same concept

>Villains are very different. Just because they're businessmen doesn't make them the same.

different flavor, same concept

>this is such a fucking vague description that can describe any movie.

that's the point, i'm looking at the bigger picture here, the greater concept of the movie....which is, essentially, Iron Man

i can give a vague description of Captain America, or Incredible Hulk, and sure they will have some similarities all being super hero flicks....but Ant-Man is literally the same formula of Iron Man, with the details fudged around a bit

that being said, i sense the butthurt in this thread so i'll say this much...i didn't HATE Ant-Man, i didn't even dislike it and it's far from the worst movie in the MCU (i do hate Thor, Thor 2, and GOTG), but just because i didn't hate Ant-Man doesn't mean i loved it, i found it mediocre

basically it was breakfast at Denny's, you can hate it or love it but either is exaggerration, it's just "ok" and kinda bland really
>>
>>81291323
You're not wrong, but there were a few scenes that put it above either of the Thor movies, at least for me.

Yellowjacket was scary in a demented, unpredictable kind of way. The toy train and the tank were pretty fun, Michael Douglass actually gave a good performance, and Michael Pena's telephone gag stole the fucking show.
>>
>>81291323
>I know about film

Teach us wise master.
>>
>>81291018
Well then, FOX and WB migth be for you.
>>
>>81291323
>I know about film
Oh shit, I had no idea we were talking to you!
>>
>>81291743
You're dumbing down premises to be basically eight words that are so high concept it can literally be applied to half of fucking Hollywood.

Stop reaching, you're pathetic.
>>
File: 1429793268526.gif (3 MB, 286x258) Image search: [Google]
1429793268526.gif
3 MB, 286x258
>>81291323
>i know about film
>>
>>81291856
hey hush you, the guy knows about film!
show some humility towards Tarkovski over there.
>>
>>81291743
>ex-con who shrinks, commands ants, and punches stuff, and just wants money for his daughter is the same concept billionaire tycoon who who builds a flying robot suit that shoots energy blasts and wants to make up for all the arms dealing his company is complicit in
>>
>>81291816
Well yeah, the bad Fox and WB movies are have more rewatchability. The bad Marvel films are just mediocre and are only good for one sit through. That's the point.
>>
>>81291908
Do you also know about film?

Cause your opinion doesn't matter if you don't.
>>
>>81291743
You're kind of right except for your insistence that Scott and Tony are interchangeable. Pym is the Stark of this movie. A brilliant inventor who finds out his creation is being used for nefarious purposes, is betrayed by his longtime business partner, and is determined to make his legacy a positive one. Ant-Man is a retread of Iron Man, but it's Iron Man-by-proxy since Pym doesn't fight his own battles.
>>
>>81291262
He could have done that getting the film out on time some six years earlier.

But I guess his disappointment known as Worlds End was more important. Fucking Cornetto garbage.
>>
Edgar Wright wanted to make the movie hyper stylized like Scott Pilgrim with sound effect bubbles and what not, essentially setting the story in a completely different world than the other Marvel movies. Marvel simply wanted to keep continuity and have it set in the same pseudo realistic world as all of the other movies, which destroyed Wright's living comic book style that was the main draw for him in the project. It was nothing more than this discrepancy
>>
>>81291743
>hating Guardians of the Galaxy
Was it because of the dance-off? Did it trigger you personally, or did /tv/ made you dislike it?
>>
>>81291997
In that case, I'm glad he's gone. Scott Pilgrim was painful to watch.
>>
When people complain about the "marvel formula", what is it exactly they're talking about?

Is it when the protagonist faces challenges and he becomes a better person out of it? Is it that there's always a villain for the protagonist to take down? Is it the the rising action that leads to a climax, then at the end of the story things are resolved? Is it the occasional joke to break up dramatic tension?

The only things I can see in common within Marvel movies is the same crap that is used in 99% of fiction. Maybe if you guys paid attention in English class you'd remember that all this has existed long before Marvel. Complaining about Marvel using this "formula" is like complaining that a song uses a verse/chorus structure.
>>
>>81292013
Yeah, his style wouldn't have fit. I'm still very salty though that his dragging it out made it so Ant-Man and Wasp got replaced in the Avengers with fucking Hawkeye and Black Widow
>>
>>81292029
Keeps films from becoming the clusterfuck of plots like BvS, all of going to say is where a half hour Disney show communicates the reason for comics and the reason for the conflict in Dark Knight Returns better than your two hour plus slog. Time to rethink some things.
>>
>>81292071
Hawkeye should stay, but Black Widow being the first female Avenger is a travesty
>>
>>81292087
Hawkeye and Black Panther should have came in with Avengers 2 instead of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. Black Widow could have just been a supporting character in Iron Man and Captain America stories
>>
>>81291795
>You're not wrong, but there were a few scenes that put it above either of the Thor movies, at least for me.

it's WAY above the Thor movies for me...but i seriously hate those movies

>Yellowjacket was scary in a demented, unpredictable kind of way.

i disagree, i wasn't expecting anything out of the villain so it'd be a lie to say i was "let down", but i wasn't impressed.

>>81291816
>FOX and WB
>bomb

nice attempt at console wars in an unrelated thread, but you're an idiot either way

>>81291970
>Ant-Man is a retread of Iron Man, but it's Iron Man-by-proxy since Pym doesn't fight his own battles.

yeah and this is pretty much what i mean, it isn't Iron Man word for word...but conceptually, its pretty much the same only altered just enough to seem different.

>>81291998
>Was it because of the dance-off? Did it trigger you personally, or did /tv/ made you dislike it?

i loathed GOTG. earlier i mentioned that i am not a fan of the humor in these movies? well, GOTG just had too much of it, i deal with it in every one of these but it was basically the entire focus of that movie, and no thanks on that

i also found every character to be unlikable and every moment trying to make them likable to be forced, it just pisses me off as a whole when i watch it
>>
>>81292071
It would aslo probably have been Pym and Jan, and also probably wouldn't have involved goddamn Evangeline Lilly.
>>
>>81291524
Dude, you know fuck-all about film. If you knew anything about film, you'd be able to actually analyze and describe what doesn't work about the movie instead of firing off surface-level attacks on what you personally don't like. Stop pretending.
>>
>>81292143
If they do a Prequel it would work as a 80s action set piece. Stylized and what not.
>>
>>81292153
>get rekt
>y-you just d-don't know anything about film
>implying the marvel flicks are films
>>
>>81291396
Yeah I like ant-man but this is kind of a silly thing to say. Iron Man 1 with the exception of the poor final bad guy encounter is still altogether a great fucking movie. Amazing character arc, interesting plot, great setpieces, amazing dialogue. Really little bad to say about that movie.
>>
File: tumblr_llasjqz45h1qhyhwto1_500.jpg (120 KB, 478x576) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_llasjqz45h1qhyhwto1_500.jpg
120 KB, 478x576
>>81292143
The team seriously feels off without Janet. She's the heart of the Avengers. An extremely shitty Black Widow doesn't make up for her loss
>>
>>81291524
It's the three-act structure, a.k.a. the hero's journey you don't like.
Which means superhero movies are probably not for you.
>>
>>81292222
She'd also make for way better slutposting
>>
>>81292164
They won't.

>>81292222
I don't hate Black Widow as much as the next guy, I think she's serviceable in her awkward "one of the guys" approach, but yeah a well-written Jan would have been better.
>>
File: 1340945401716.png (20 KB, 560x407) Image search: [Google]
1340945401716.png
20 KB, 560x407
>>81291920
Trying to say that knowing about film makes your opinion matter more than somebody else's opinion.

That's like saying my opinion about steak doesn't matter because I like my steak medium well and you are a chef who likes his steak rare.

>>81291323
Trying to apply objectivity to an opinion is like trying to piss in the wind.

You look/sound/read like an idiot.

Iron man is ONLY better because it kicked off the MCU.

I've only seen it twice because after the second time it bored the shit out of me.

Ant-Man I have seen 3 times and will probably see again because it's more fun than Iron-Man.

It may follow the same basic formula as Iron-Man, Batman, Spider-Man, Superman, Transfuckingformers and every second cape or action film for that matter but fuck you I preferred it.

Also your opinion is that you don't like GotG which worldwide made $200,000,000 MORE than IM and rated only 3% according to Rotten Tomatoes, therefore "objectively" your taste is shit.
>>
>>81292252
Black Widow is literally worthless if she isn't straddling the line of herk and villain, playing both sides effectively so no one ever knows where her allegiance actually lies. She has never once been an outright villain in these movies, and she's done nothing to earn the connotation of being the predator spider she's named after
>>
>>81292299
>and she's done nothing to earn the connotation of being the predator spider she's named after

Eh, Iron Man 2 kinda
>>
>>81292136
>>81291018

>prefer a bomb at this point over utter sameness and mediocrity

>i've rewatched f4 more times than ant-man because it's entertaining for being a mess, ant-man is just iron man lite

>i loathed GOTG. earlier i mentioned that i am not a fan of the humor in these movies

>i also found every character to be unlikable and every moment trying to make them likable to be forced

If this is the same guy, which I assume it is, you should REALLY get some friends. At least someone that calls you on your bullshit face-to-face, and not message board comment that you can ignore. That's some serious edge you have going on. Especially if you keep coming back for more for such informed opinions.

>>81292296
>Trying to say that knowing about film makes your opinion matter more than somebody else's opinion.
Read the thread. I think Inarritu is trolling around.
>>
>>81291018
>it's entertaining for being a mess
You can stop shitposting now, it's a boring bad movie, not a funny good one, you probably haven't seen aside from the /tv/t shitposting webms.
Speaking of /tv/, you should go back there.
>>
Scott Lang is an ex con. He tried to do something good and didn't really consider the 'adult' ramifications and as a result he gets put in prison. Now that he is out hes trying to find his way back into his daughters life but is having a tough time. He gets kinda duped into getting the ant man suit and has it gives him an option on doing something right. Doing what he tried to do that got him thrown in prison but not fucking up. He begins training under an old super heroes tutelage as well as that of the old super heroes bitter estranged daughter who doesnt care for him.
As all this goes on Scott begins growing into the role. Learning the ropes as he gets better at using the tech. You got some father daughter resolution with Pym and scott eventually gets involved in the big heist where he takes out the rival bad guys attempt to recreate the ant man suit. In doing so the deranged bad guy targets langs family as the use of the pym particles with no protection has pushed his mind past the brink. Lang then makes what he thinks is the ultimate sacrifice to save his daughter but hearing her voice (playing into the element of lang wanting to be a good dad to her) he figures out a way to come back.

That is the story of Ant-Man more or less.

There may be PLOT elements of Ant-Man that are similar to Iron Man 1. But the STORY is entirely different.

If you do not get the difference between those two words I can do nothin fer yah.
>>
>>81292299
Yeah I understand that's what her comics role is and that it's different, I'm just saying, she's serviceable at the role they have her doing in the movies.
>>
>>81292029

I would say there's a similarity in "tone" rather than a "formula" per se. For instance, Winter Soldier was a spy thriller and Guardians was a sci fi action flick, but when cap is talking to Black Widow, it "feels" very similar to when Star Lord is talking to Gamorrah.

Like, The Office and 30 Rock were very different shows, but they had a similar tone, and you could kind of tell NBC was going for a "vibe" at the time. One that wasn't quite as hacky as a straight sitcom, but one where something like It's Always Sunny could never fly.

Personally I think it's an insane accomplishment to have such diversity while maintaining Brand consistency the way the MCU has. I suppose Pixar is a fair comparison? The downside of that is there is a "same saminess" when that tone is maintained for so long, hence why baka senpai here thinks Iron Man and Ant Man are "basically the same movie"
>>
>>81292317
I don't think she even killed anybody in that movie
>>
File: 1412399197343.png (63 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1412399197343.png
63 KB, 625x626
>>81292341
I know, but I got baited. What of it? Happens to us all at some point.
>>
>>81292412
I don't remember but she seemed pretty efficient at cucking Tony out of his own company
>>
>>81292153

yet, i did say what was wrong with it. you didn't combat a single one of those things, good job at making yourself look like an idiot. turn off the trip next time you do that, attention whore/newfag

>>81292230
>It's the three-act structure, a.k.a. the hero's journey you don't like.

i already said, i could apply the same "vague" description to any cape movie, none of them parallel Iron Man the way Ant-Man does

>>81292296

>Also your opinion is that you don't like GotG which worldwide made $200,000,000 MORE than IM and rated only 3% according to Rotten Tomatoes, therefore "objectively" your taste is shit.

Justin Beibers last album made a lot more than a lot of artists. mass appeal =/= quality, unless you're a Beleiber in which case...yeah good for you. GOTG made a lot of money, of course it would, it appeals to the lowest common denominator. McDonalds makes more money than local burger places who have better food

>>81292341
>If this is the same guy, which I assume it is, you should REALLY get some friends. At least someone that calls you on your bullshit face-to-face, and not message board comment that you can ignore. That's some serious edge you have going on. Especially if you keep coming back for more for such informed opinions.

edge? i like humor, i like good humor. if you think the kind of crap that passes for humor in the mcu is good you have some serious rube, vanilla taste in comedy

even the iron man sequels were better than GOTG or the Thor messes
>>
>>81292367
>Speaking of /tv/, you should go back there.

says the guy defending Ant-Man and getting butthurt in a thread about movies

you're the one who likes movies more than comics, why don't you go back there? if you belonged here you'd be damning all these films, apparently
>>
>>81292464
You can like both comics and movies anon.
>>
The level of butthurt in this thread over an awful little kid movie is hilarious. Fucking goys will be fed the same awful movie a million times and call it genius, brilliant.
>>
>>81292299
I mean, she never went full double agent, but she's been pretty shifty most of the movies.

She was undercover during Iron Man 2, She managed to trick Loki in Av (you can't really spy your way out of aliens) and she was keeping secrets during the first mission in Cap 2. In AoU she was meant to be thinking about her new role after Cap 2, even though it was Whedon writing her and the actress breached contract by being pregnant and reducing her time on set/script.

>>81292443
>i like humor, i like good humor.
The guy who watches F4 ironically? Cmon, man. You're full of shit. You think being the 1% who can enjoy something gives you nerd cred? It might have flown in the 00's but now it just makes you look like an adolescent. It's okay not to like the MCU, but claiming you prefer the F4 wreck is just sad. The movie was liretally fast-tracked to not lose the rights. It doesn't even have a 3 act structure out of budget, not artistic vision.
>>
>>81292143
The fuck is wrong with Evangeline Lily? She's QT and did a good job in Ant-Man
>>
>>81292496
it's obvious who you are in this thread, familia
>>
>>81292569
>She's QT
Sure.
>and did a good job in Ant-Man
Nah I thought she was really bad. She was as charismatic as wet cardboard and delivered poorly. You'll notice there are even more cuts in her dialogue than usual (which there's already a lot to begin with in this movie for some reason), probably indicating they shot those a lot and did the best with what came out in editting. Which again I didn't think the result was good.
>>
>>81292630
Are you one of those film-knowers I keep hearing about?
>>
File: 1433250364707.jpg (58 KB, 412x419) Image search: [Google]
1433250364707.jpg
58 KB, 412x419
>>81291323
>no, i know about film
>>
>>81292518
>The guy who watches F4 ironically?

i don't watch it "ironically", i watch it because it's entertaining to see how wrong it all went. as opposed to Ant-Man, where nothing "went" at all...it was just possibly the most cliche of any Marvel movie, it took no risks, did nothing new, it was "middle of the road" if anything ever was...

>It's okay not to like the MCU, but claiming you prefer the F4 wreck is just sad.

i like the MCU, actually no that isn't true...i don't like anything based on brand loyalty, i like SOME movies in the MCU. how does that mean i should like them all? some of their movies legitimately suck, some irritate me and it's a personal thing, and some i think are great

i don't LIKE f4, but i'd rather watch it again than Ant-Man which i have no reason to, i've seen it all before, and in better movies
>>
>>81292640
No that's where it's frightening. I shouldn't notice that.
>>
>>81292663
>I'd rather watch the same bad movie "unironically" a bunch of times than a couple of movies I kind of like twice
>because I know film
>>
File: 1340623703868.png (144 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1340623703868.png
144 KB, 480x480
>>81292767
>>
>>81292767

yes, what's your point? watching films that are incredibly flawed is a thousand times more useful and entertaining if you're a thinking type than watching a movie that is so bland, so unoffensive, and so unremarkable that it manages to be the equivalent of plain toast in movie form

you will eat it, it will go down, but you have not have a single though about it after wards
>>
>>81290745
He didnt get the essay in on time
>>
>>81293294
>I'd rather eat shit than plain toast.
>I'd rather eat two equal turds than two slightly different sandwiches, just because both of them use the same bread
Is being an idiot a sport to you? Am I stepping on your training?
>>
>>81293414

i don't get your analogy, but i'll explain again...there is something useful about watching a movie that is legitimately bad, not in a personally annoying way like GOTG is for me, not bad in a "this is just shitty" way like Thor 2, not in a so bad it's good way like Dead Alive, but in a genuinely "everything that went wrong did and very strange choices were made" way like F4ntastic...it's entertaining to me, in part because i feel like it feels like a Chronicle sequel that at the last moment had a super hero name added to it, it's interesting to think about how it even came to be, what could have been done better, could it have been better? why it even exists, etc

Ant-Man wasn't bad, but it inspires zero thought. any time i could think of watching it i think "why not watch Iron Man instead?"

for me Ant-Man is the ultimate filler movie, it's everything the MCU is in one movie, and unfortunately i don't find that interesting or special, up until it my opinion on MCU movies has been "great" "good" "bad" or "awful", Ant-Man was none of those things...it was "eh" at it's finest....and i LIKED it even still...it was enjoyable the first time i watched it, but after other watches i really don't know why i ever would again
>>
>>81291018
Haha the meme words
>>
It's the Falcon scene.
>>
>>81293797
No, that came later.

Wright's versions of Lang and Pym were bigger assholes, and he didn't like to have to turn them into loveable rogues. Especially Lang's Robin Hood backstory.

Also, he wanted a complete standalone movie and was prissy he had to fit SHIELD and HYDRA into the plot.

But the Falcon scene was Peyton Reed's idea.
>>
>>81291276
This
>>
File: images.png (6 KB, 160x90) Image search: [Google]
images.png
6 KB, 160x90
>>81291323
>I know about film
>>
How anybody over the age of 10 likes this is beyond me
>>
>>81291075
That would be the killing blow to Hank in the comics, thank God he fucked off.
>>
File: edfeh4354fee.png (192 KB, 541x473) Image search: [Google]
edfeh4354fee.png
192 KB, 541x473
>>81293833
Pena´s monologue was Peyton Reed´s idea too
>>81291075
>Pym
>The bad guy
Fuck Wright
>>81294758
Cry more pleb
>>
>>81294868
>Pena´s monologue was Peyton Reed´s idea too

Seriously? That's the most Edgar Wright-ish thing in the whole movie, when articles said that his influence could still be felt despite him leaving, Peña's stories were always the example.
>>
>Ace Attorney fusioned with the prosecutor again?
>>
File: 1443024098482.jpg (71 KB, 330x217) Image search: [Google]
1443024098482.jpg
71 KB, 330x217
>>81294868
>Cry more pleb

I'm not the one who likes Ant-Man.
I have two kids, they are aged 7 and 12. They both think this movie was "for babies"
They are also both girls.
>>
>>81294933
http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/ant-man/247822/how-would-edgar-wrights-ant-man-have-been-different
>>
File: 1445857463000.png (376 KB, 514x536) Image search: [Google]
1445857463000.png
376 KB, 514x536
You know Wright fucked it up when you find out that Ant-man was supposed to be the first, or second movie of the MCU.

Also, he wanted to fuck Hank, as it was said in this thread. If Marvel didn't fire him, then Ant-Man would most definetely be the MCU first floop.

If it wasn't for Wright, we maybe would have an avengers team with Janet, for example. And Age of Ultron would probably be a better movie, because then they wouldn't put Stark as Ultron's father. We would have a way better Ultron.
>>
>>81295020
your daughters are plebs. get better daughters.
>>
File: I_came_here_to_laugh_at_you.jpg (32 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
I_came_here_to_laugh_at_you.jpg
32 KB, 640x480
>>81295020
>The opinion of my family is the absolute truth!!!
>Hue, Hue, Hue... They are girls!!! And you are boys!!! Do you get it?
Please, don´t put yourslef in shame
>>
>>81295020
this fucking guy
>>
>>81295020
>Pleb has a pleb family
More news at 11
>>
File: goof.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
goof.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>81295089
>>81295105
>>81295257
>>81295350
Disneyfags in full outrage, simply hilarious.
>>
>>81295020
Your daughters have shit taste m8
>>
>>81291323
>I know about film

I'm glad, cause you sure as shit don't know anything about music.
>>
You all are a disgrace. Defending the appeal to mediocrity and the death of creativity. Enjoy the same movies until the end of time.
>>
>>81295449
The latest update of 4chanX added a "+" button; click it and you'll reply with that. I don't know what it means.
>>
>>81295472
>liking some Cobain ripoff
lol
>>
File: 1457485686021.jpg (2 MB, 1500x2155) Image search: [Google]
1457485686021.jpg
2 MB, 1500x2155
>>81295566
I'm heading to google translate
>>
File: 1453103257172.jpg (10 KB, 169x181) Image search: [Google]
1453103257172.jpg
10 KB, 169x181
>>81295419
>Still crying
>>
>>81295555
Maybe if he actually made the fucking movie we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Either shit or get off the pot, and he got off the pot.
>>
File: 1.jpg (853 B, 40x44) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
853 B, 40x44
>>81295596
It means "yeah."

>>81295634
Pic related.
>>
Do you guys think they are going to replace Hank once pretty woman man dies?

He's already in hospice care so it shouldn't take long.

Is he going off screen, maybe use CGI for some scene and then de age him via comic science? I would sent him to the microverse with Janet.
>>
File: 1404485778605.png (340 KB, 625x480) Image search: [Google]
1404485778605.png
340 KB, 625x480
>>81293294
>knows about film
>is a thinking type

Get in line ladies, this anon is all mine.
>>
>>81291989
>World's End
>Bad
Prefer that to the death knell of Hank Pym man. They would have made him a villain in the comics, killed him and no one would be arsed to bring him back. For fuck's sake he's currently fused with Ultron and no one even wants to use him.
>>
>>81291524
Maybe they were weightless because they were in the microverse m8.
>>
>was interning at Marvel when this came out
>didn't even go see it with free screener passes they gave out
Lol fuck you if it's not a Pym story (and I don't mean "He's the mentor! That's just as good right?") no sale
>>
>>81295555
>The death of creativity

If Wright wanted to be creative he could go ahead and make Shrink Boy, I don't give a fuck, I want to see an Ant-Man movie. He was attached to this because of that sweet sweet Paramount/Disney money.
>>
>>81295775
If Douglas passes the movie will probably open with his funeral and there will be a lot of talk about "legacy" in it.
>>
>>81295657
Colombian drug trade movies?
>>
>>81295896
>and I don't mean "He's the mentor! That's just as good right?")
In this case it is because he's pretty much the star
>>
>>81295657
>Pic related
What does it mean?
>>
>>81295555
Quads speak the truth
/thread
>>
>>81295020
Someone will fuck your daughters one day. That person will be my son. He also won't call them afterwards.
>>
too kino for mahvel
>>
File: kill la kill.jpg (61 KB, 481x637) Image search: [Google]
kill la kill.jpg
61 KB, 481x637
>>81296431
>>
>>81296408
I doubt it. My daughters are patrish and they already know how to spot fake geeks
>>
Ant-Man was a very shallow film. It lacked a director's vision.

Out of all of the MCU films, it's the one that is most obvious to have been orchestrated by Feige and his team.

I say this as a disappointed full on Pymfag. I'll never understand why this movie gets a pass while AoU get shits on by /co/ daily.
>>
>>81296576
So they call you out for being a moviefag right? The A #1 fake geek?
>>
>>81296657
because Ant-Man is actually good
>>
>>81296657
Ant Man was a good Scott Lang story. I liked it and could have, aye been better if it had been done after Feige was freed from Marvel Penny Pinching.
>>
>>81296657
Do I wish it could have been a little better, yes? Sure. Was it fine as it was, yes. Did I gain a better appreciation for it after reading that the actors helped the writers after Wright left so that they could make a finished product with some better focus on the characters? Absolutely
>>
>>81296663
Fake geeks like the MCU
>>
>>81296949
No fake geeks insist they dislike the MCU to gain nerd cred.
Real geeks just ignore live action cancer
>>
>>81291075
>Pymfags still pushing this baseless rumor that no rumor site has ever backed up
>>
bumping this
>>
>>81291018
>ant-man is just iron man lite

Robert, get off /co/
>>
The most memorable thing from ant-man for me is those two scenes where Michael Pena explains how he got his info.
>>
File: fertgtg443.png (459 KB, 1221x702) Image search: [Google]
fertgtg443.png
459 KB, 1221x702
>>81296657
As a Pymfag, I think Pym was well written and we dodged a bullet with the wreckage of the character that Wright was going to do

P.D.:>AoU being better than Ant-Man
>>
>>81296657
This movie made Pym one of the best characters in the whole MCU what the fuck are you smoking.
>>
>>81298867
>Peña stories
>Final battle and Quantum Realm
>Briefcase
>Hank the tank
>Falcon
>Ant-hony
>>
>>81298981
Pymfags want Hank Pym to be front and center with the rest of the Avengers, not a supporting character for one of the Avengers.
>>
File: ant_man_still_7-640x360.jpg (39 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
ant_man_still_7-640x360.jpg
39 KB, 640x360
>>81295555
>Death of creativity
The colourfulness and photography in the shrinking scenes o in the microverse seemed to me something new in the MCU. Just look the Avengers to notice the difference.
>>
>>81295020
Your daughters have shit taste desu
>>
>>81299186
Being Michael Douglas punching bitches out must surely be better than being Thor.
>>
>>81295020
>My family didn't like the film
Wow, great argument. I don't know how it would be possible to rebut
>>81299186
It was impossible since the moment Wright "kidnapped" the character in the beginning of the MCU (Ant-Man was going to be the second movie of phase 1)
>>
>>81295020
shit taste confirmed for genetic
>>
>>81291396
Shit taste.
>>
I'm actually surprised about all the recent hate this movie gets. Despite the development hell, it kinda turned out to be a miracle. It's definitely in the top 5 of the MCU. I have a feeling that the hate stems from the knowledge of the film's development.
>>
>>81299937
> it kinda turned out to be a miracle. It's definitely in the top 5 of the MCU.
This post not only makes me sick but it shows what infantile standards you have for a "good movie"

You literally just said "a movie that isnt as shit as shit movies is a miracle"
Commit suicide you cancer of the arts
>>
>>81300098
>You literally just said "a movie that isnt as shit as shit movies is a miracle"

How about you commit suicide because you don't understand what the word "literally" means.
>>
>>81299937
I think the hate comes from people comparing Ant Man to BvS and fans of BvS resenting that Ant Man is simply better.
>>
>>81300098
Learn to read faggot
>>
>>81290745
Kind of. He didn't complete the movie.
He prioritized other projects. And basically sat on the project for almost 8 years. It was initially planned to launch around the same time as Iron Man.
>>
>>81291018
Edgar Wright's version sucked
>>
Ant-Man turned out to probably be the best movie it could. Edgar Wright's ideas coupled with competency from Marvel yesmen were able to birth a pretty good movie. If Wright had his way, it would've been 4th wall breaking and probably attempted to reference nothing but x-men characters and be completely detached from the MCU.
>>
>>81300160
>How about you commit suicide because you don't understand what the word "literally" means.

Yes I do, get a dictionary. You're literally memeing right now by saying that. Literally.
>>
>>81298941

I had no problems with the final product of old man Pym or that they chose to run with Lang.

I was disappointed in the sense that I found the movie generic. The Ant-Man stories are usually distinct enough to keep me properly engaged but I felt like the movie was just going through the motions of a standard cape flick without reaching any of the emotional highs.

>P.D.:>

I feel stupid for not knowing what this means.

Thanks for the pic, anon. That's great.
Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.