[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else not a fan of the Batman retcon of the Flash's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: 4159184707_f28609061c_o.jpg (235 KB, 1200x911) Image search: [Google]
4159184707_f28609061c_o.jpg
235 KB, 1200x911
Anyone else not a fan of the Batman retcon of the Flash's origin story? Why did he have to be more Batman like?
>>
Flash Rebirth did nothing good for the Flash Family. It did wonders for Eobard Thawne though.
>>
>>81289378
People always slobber over Johns' Flash run, but I think it's the worst book he's done with DC. His GL, Superman, JSA, Hawkman, and Aquaman are a lot better.
>>
>>81289323
Yes. Casuals and newfags to comics are the only ones who like Rebirth because they think it's ~so cool~ that Barry created the Speed Force and they think dead parents are the best part of superheros.
>>
>>81289841
I've seen old fags in shelf threads defend the shit out of it too. I can't figure it for the life of me.
>>
>>81289378
It brought back the speedster family.
>>
>>81289841
>>81289933
> defending any comics featuring Ethan Van Sciver
>>
>>81289448

Really? Honestly, his work on Flash has basically set the tone for the character for the past two decades. While his works on other titles may be better, 'bad Geoff Johns' is usually still pretty good, and I don't think you can even really call his Flash run bad. There's a reason DC keeps him around.
>>
>>81289841
Just like fags who like Kyle Rayner.
>>
>>81291635
What do you mean his tone for Flash? Everything Flash after him has been mediocre or terrible. The tone has largely been all over the place.

I'm not saying his Flash run isn't good like the other anon but he didn't really influence future Flash writing in any positive way because very little positive Flash came after him.
>>
>>81289986
We literally never saw the Flash family again after Rebirth. Directly before Rebirth they were the stars of The Flash title.

I suppose it did revive Max and give Jesser her powers back, again only to completely ignore them for Barry Allen because Rebirth made all other speedsters who aren't Barry redundant.
>>
>>81291826
All other speedsters ARE redundant
>>
>>81289448
justice league was worse
>>
>>81289323
Because Geoff Johns (whose work on the Flash I love, by the way) is basically a real-life version of Hunter "Trageddddy" Zolomon.
>>
>>81289986
Is this bait, it removed them.
>>
>>81289448
Johns' only good thing is GL and that's pretty shitty
>>
>>81292004
Flash Rogue War was great. He should have stopped after that.

Rebirth was a massive error.
>>
>>81292004
That's simply not true
>>
>>81290005
Hi Desh.
>>
>>81291826
Considering how bad the pre Rebirth Flash issues were then that's a good thing
>>
>>81292035
It basically did end after Rogue War.
I mean, there were like two more storylines, and then Infinite Crisis "killed" Wally.
>>
>>81291954
So Hunter is a self insert?
>>
>>81292119
Yeah, you put really bad writers on a book and it turns out it's bad.

It took Wally, what, 20 years to have a bad run? Took Barry like 5 issues. If you want to stretch it we'll go 4 years for Venditti's run to start. Better kill him off and undo everything!

>>81294421
He went back to Flash with Rebirth, Volume 3, and Flashpoint which weren't very good.
>>
>>81294476
Well, he did spend a lot of his Flash run trying to turn Wally into Barry, for better or worse.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.