[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Batman = Iron Man >Superman = Cap/Thor >Spider-Man = ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: Spidey-3.jpg (176 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Spidey-3.jpg
176 KB, 1024x768
>Batman = Iron Man
>Superman = Cap/Thor
>Spider-Man = ?
>>
Nightwing.
>>
File: 1358762193864.jpg (189 KB, 847x997) Image search: [Google]
1358762193864.jpg
189 KB, 847x997
>OP = A faggot
>>
Superman is definitely not Thor. Wonder Woman is Thor.

>Batman = Iron Man
The most popular, a tech-based billionaire hero.

>Superman = Captain America
The paragon of virtue, who's commonly paired up with the first guy to contrast their views.

Wonder Woman = Thor
The mythology-based character who's treated like they're up there with the first two in relevance, but none of the writers know what to do with them.

Spider-Man doesn't have an obvious equivalent, since DC doesn't have a superhero who usually operates outside the Justice League and is overall small-scale, yet is insanely popular.
>>
>>81289254
>Spider-Man = ?
Nobody. DC has yet to create a truly relatable everyman character that is on par with Spider-Man.
>>
>>81289521
Marvel wins
/thread
>>
>>81289281
true

bitches love dick, bitches love spidey.
>>
>>81289521
Expanding:

>Flash = Hulk
The character with limitless power, who's always been somewhat popular but never huge. Over the years the nature of the character's power has been explored in very stupid ways that don't make any sense.

>Harley Quinn = Deadpool
The comedic, morally sketchy character who exploded in popularity recently thanks to an internet fandom that knows of them but has pretty much never read or watched anything they've ever been in.
>>
>>81289669
Who's marvel's green lantern?

A classic cosmic hero reinvigorated by a recent well received run.

Star-Lord?
>>
Spiderman deals with regular problems that people face, and his main villain is the court of public opinion.

I can't think of anyone in DC that is relatable. DC is a pantheon of Greek gods and parts of the psyche made flesh.
>>
They're not symmetrical.

Batman = Batman
Iron Man = Iron Man
etc.
>>
>>81289778
Thematically, Nova. Powerset, Quasar.
>>
File: SteveTrevor.png (80 KB, 359x269) Image search: [Google]
SteveTrevor.png
80 KB, 359x269
>>81289254
BlueBeetle
Night wing
Static
Black Spider

Anyone of them can fit

Steve Rogers = Steve trevor
>>
File: 747927-gotg13pic.jpg (73 KB, 482x838) Image search: [Google]
747927-gotg13pic.jpg
73 KB, 482x838
>>81289778
Origins = Nova

But I think Quasar is more fitting they should bring him back

Or at least revamp Starbrand.
>>
Spidey is the best comic book character. He obviously has no peer.

>>81289778
Beta Ray Bill.
>>
>>81289778
I think you mean a classic cosmic hero who were have gone from mildly popular to a laughing stock to the public after a horrendous movie.

So:
>Green Lantern = The Fantastic Four
>>
>>81289254
>>81289783
This may seem like a stretch to many because their power levels are so different but keeping in mind that people say Superman=Captain America (therefore it's more about personality and theme than power)

And also keep in mind that before he grew up SpiderMan was a high school kid,

With that all in mind. I say to you..

spiderman =Captain Marvel, aka "shazam"

they're both kids by day and secretly superhero's by night. they both have to deal with stuff like teacher's getting mad at them and their school work suffering because of their superhero life.

obviously there are some big differences, like shazam's personality (i think, not too well read on him to be honest) changes to a more mature level when he's shazam, at least in some versions...again...i think

i know in the justice league cartoon he was still childish even when in superhero mode though.

otherwise, though no one would count this, the closest thing to spiderman is actually like robin...

or honestly in many ways it's Batman himself. Their secret identities couldn't be more different, but as superhero's they are both street level when solo, they both are brilliant scientist types that use gadgets (less variety for spiderman but that's out of choice. he CAN make gadgets, and of course makes his own web shooters)

and villain-wise, they're almost exactly the same, their rogues gallery is a mirror image in many ways.

venom = bane
lex = green goblin

usually a lot of normal guys using gear or who've gone insane.
>>
>>81289254
>Spider-Man = ?

The Flash
>>
>>81289778
It might be much smaller than the GLC, but the Marvels, everyone to have ever held the title Captain Marvel in Marvel comics have all almost always had a cosmic arc, but are most know for operating with an earth based supergroup.
>>
>>81289817
But neither of those characters are as successful and well known as Green Lantern, I think this >>81290025 might be a better comparison, at least in terms of popularity and their place within their respective universe.
>>
Pfft, get real.

>Extreme agility
>Spider motif
>Voiced by Josh Keaton
Someone's a tricky fiend over at DCAU,
>>
>>81290167
i like it
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.