[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the most disappointingly anti-climactic episode of a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: file.png (446 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
file.png
446 KB, 640x480
What is the most disappointingly anti-climactic episode of a cartoon you've ever watched?
>>
Not sure but it was probably a Korra episode
>>
File: image.png (401 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
image.png
401 KB, 720x480
>How to instantly turn a story from a 9/10 to a 4
>>
>>81284618
The Secret of Kells. When the credits started rolling I couldn't believe that was the end.
>>
>>81284618

Korra season 1

Ruined a GOAT villain and the entire plot and made Korra even worse as a character.
>>
>>81284618
>even that episode of TTG had Darkseid do way more cool shit than this
TTG sucks but you can tell that they have some writers sitting around who have some decent respect for the source material.
>>
>>81285036
The Weird Al voice joke would have been 100/10 if none of the characters acknowledged it.
>>
>>81284618
Not Legacy because that was great.
>>
>>81285036
this episode fucking ruled, what the fuck are you on about?
>>
File: Ha.jpg (246 KB, 1396x626) Image search: [Google]
Ha.jpg
246 KB, 1396x626
>>81284742
kek

Totally true to
>>
>>81285804
Yeah, but we hardly got to see Darkseid really do anything major other than a little eyebeam.
>>
>>81284993
This, the first season had the coolest villain then everything after him was generic epik ancient evil

I hate myself for watching that shit to completion
>>
>>81285868
Yeah I don't mean to meme but it was legitimately the last cartoon I was hype for that let me down. Others I either already had low expectations (Young Justice) or they were just 10/10 and I had nothing to be disappointed about (Spectacular Spider-Man).
>>
>>81285924

He does tons of stuff.

He killed an important recurring character and beats the ever loving shit out of Superman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPCy3jD__zs

It lead to one of the best episodes of Justice League.

You're crazy. How could Legacy ever be disappointing?
>>
>>81285105
This. It's a prime example of TTG forcing its humor. The only people who are going to find it funny that Weird Al specifically is the voice are the people who don't need it rubbed in their faces.
>>
>>81286095
>Legacy
The episode pictured is not Legacy, it's Apokolips Now.
>>
>>81285924
>Yeah, but we hardly got to see Darkseid really do anything major other than a little eyebeam

Yeah and it's still great. The first time Superman and Darkseid meet face to face Superman asks who he is and Darkseid just omega beams him down and says " That's who I am" and walks away

He doesn't need to do much to be the best thing in a scene
>>
>>81286353
Well I guess I'm the only one who felt it was anti-climactic then.
>>
>>81284618
Star Wars Rebels: "Twilight of the Apprentice".
>>
>>81284908
This, also why didn't the think the vikings didn't have laddies?
>>
>>81284860

Bunch of cop-out bullshit right there.
>>
>>81285924
Darkseid should not be in the fight brawling and shit, he should be sitting back menacing until he needs to do a power move or the heroes finally get to him.
>>
>>81286353

I mean to be fair 85% of why DCAUseid works is because of Ironside's VO.

>I am many things Kal-El, you couldn’t begin to imagine half of them. But for now, I shall take the role...of executioner.
>>
>>81284860
>"What should I do about Ozai?"
>"Kill him"
>"Kill him"
>"You should probably kill him"
>"Kill him"
>"Kill him"
>"Use this random type of bending that has never been mentioned before or since"
"Thanks, giant turtle!"
>>
>>81284618
Half of Adventure Time.
>>
I had similar feelings about Darkseid in this scene but as someone whose first exposure to Superman was this series, I didn't really know what to expect.

I wanted to get into the Superman comics but I didn't really know where a good starting point was so I never did.
>>
>>81284860
Theyre lucky this series was GOAT because yeah this was some bullshit out of left field
>>
>>81284618
Adventure time whenever it hypes itself up about something it ALWAYS disappoints. The audience has way more imagination than the creators ever will.

-Korra season 1

>>81284908
This too.
>>
Phantom Planet may the biggest pile of "FUCK" I've ever watched.
Thanks for letting me stew in my unresolved emotions for ten years, Hartman.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.