[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Miss me yet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8
File: Superman-returns-poster.jpg (1 MB, 2141x3000) Image search: [Google]
Superman-returns-poster.jpg
1 MB, 2141x3000
Miss me yet?
>>
>>81283872

For all its flaws, I enjoyed BvS a hell of a lot more than this plodding, vapid bore of a movie.
>>
File: 1417436922769.png (13 KB, 530x492) Image search: [Google]
1417436922769.png
13 KB, 530x492
>>81283963
>like a bad movie more than a good one
>>
>>81283872
FOR THE LAST TIME NO. Im not going to sit here and pretend BvS is perfect, but at least it wasnt a borefest that rehashed a previous installment. The only good thing in this movie is the plane scene
>>
File: 1456285328795.gif (443 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1456285328795.gif
443 KB, 500x375
>>81284015

>liked a pretty good movie more than a shit movie

Why yes in fact I did.
>>
>>81283872
I missed the tone, totally. Except for the stalker, baby boy shit.

But give me scenes like the machine gun on the roof, keeping the Planet globe from falling, saving the plane, etc. - THAT tone, yeah, I miss it.
>>
For all of its flaws, its teaser trailer is probably my favorite thing related to superhero movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CuJ08nwJpA
>>
>>81283872

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

no
>>
He's no Reeve but I'd at least trust Routh Superman to save me and not threaten to pulverize my bones into dust if I somehow made him mildly angry.
>>
>>81283872
>that airliner save in the beginning
>Spacey-Lex
>Superman lifts a kryptonite island into space during the finale
I'd watch it again before giving BvS a rewatch
>>
File: 1415509248847.jpg (12 KB, 330x353) Image search: [Google]
1415509248847.jpg
12 KB, 330x353
>>81283963
>>81284038
>>81284074
>>81285023
>ADD kiddos can't watch a movie without Michael Bay tier action so it's a bad movie
>>
>>81284990
Yeah - this totally has the right feel to it and the sense of what should have been.

In 2004, lived in a place that still has a lot of billboards and, at that time, it was still common to advertise movies there. I remember seeing the very stark logo with the word "returns" - people you wouldn't think would discuss the prospects of the movie at my job. I just didn't see any of that for MoS, much less BvS.
>>
>>81283872
The plane scene is better than all of Superman Returns and BvS
>>
>>81285281
Also I haven't watched the movie in years, but was the rest of the movie's cinematography as good as in that teaser? The teaser looks beautiful. That shot of Clark in front of the ship is stunning.
>>
>>81285341
Surely you meant to say train.
>>
>>81283872
Not really, I still get to see you every Thursday on Legends.
>>
>>81285273
>superman lifts a kryptonite continent into space and saves his bastard autistic super son
>saves the day from lex and his five random goons

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>81285273
BvS was like a 3 hour movie with 10 minutes of ation, it's not really ADD it's just boring
>>
>>81285395
>>81285398
I'm sorry you have ADD.
>>
>>81283872
this movie was bad in a different way.
BvS is a compressed shitcake.
2013 version is better than both.
>>
>>81284990
The thing from this I miss the most is the old DC logo. The new one's fucking terrible.
>>
>>81285395
>Lex uses his mind instead of casting Summon Cave Troll
>>
>>81285481
I'm more partial to the bullet logo, but you're right on the new logo.
>>
>>81285525
This a thousand times.
>>
>>81285525
It was a pretty good scheme, make new land that Superman can't touch without getting fucked up, would make a good location for the Legion of Doom.
>>
>>81285273
>Hey I better double check Krypton is gone!
>Super son
>Lex has to bang an old woman with money to get back on his feet
>Remember that land scheme Donner did? We made it dumber
>Kryptonite level of lethal is decided by the plot
Why dont you tell me why you like it anon?
>>
>>81285590
>>81285574
>>81285525
How is it that in the year 2016 we still don't have a good film Lex? Sure there are good actors doing good acting, but none of these adaptions feel like Lex.
>>
>>81284038
>the only thing good was the plane scene
And the eyeball scene

It really was a shit movie, and we have it to thank for DC going the other grimdark direction for MoS .
>>
Even with being not that good it's still the third best Superman movie.

MoS and BvS would be lucky to rank higher than The Quest for Peace, honestly.
>>
File: Brandojor-el.jpg (45 KB, 400x406) Image search: [Google]
Brandojor-el.jpg
45 KB, 400x406
>they can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be
VS
>They'll kill him! How? He'll be a god to them
>>
File: Watch me die, invincible son.gif (3 MB, 375x166) Image search: [Google]
Watch me die, invincible son.gif
3 MB, 375x166
>>81285783
>>
File: you don't say.gif (1 MB, 260x195) Image search: [Google]
you don't say.gif
1 MB, 260x195
>>81283872
>Super infidelity
>Super deadbeat dad
>Super "I'm sorry I've been gone so long, did you miss me" Donner call back no one asked for
>Super "Gotta go to space for no reason"
>Super Cuck
>Super Lex isn't his own self made man
>Super baby
>Super Kryptonite
>Super boring

This movie is literally one of the most trite pieces of emotionally distant works I've seen in ages. Hell, Ironman 3 was better.
>>
>>81285783
>"How?"

Could they leave the baby to starve? Yeah he's got superpowers but babies are literally too stupid to feed themselves so it's possible.

Inb4 some bullshit that he'd just eat sunlight or whatever.
>>
>Stalkerman stalking Lois for half the movie
>Real estate Lex again
>Tries too hard to be a sequel to Donner
>Cucks Cyclops
>Gets beaten the fuck out of by a few no-name thugs
>Loses his powers when Lex uses a Kryptonite the size of a banana near him. But proceeds to lift an island mixed with Kryptonite into space
>>
I liked it more than MoS, but only because Snyder's directing gave me jetlag.

That said Returns has some glaring flaws of its own namely:

*Clark is powerless on kryptonite island, but then a couple scenes later he's lifting it into space

*Superman is a creepy weirdo stalker. Peering into living rooms, trespassing into bedrooms, listening in on private conversations, x-ray vision fucking Lois twice, actively hitting on a married woman. He even goes back to eat dinner with him.

*movie is kind of a mess. It's never clear if it's a sequel, reboot or what. When I first watched it I had to check and see if I missed a movie or something.

Other than that I thought it was pretty good
>>
e
>>
>>81285590
>people who live there start balding
good idea, bro
>>
>>81285886
>all lives are worth saving, even the animal ones Clark, remember that
>>
Saw this in the movies came away disappointed. Singer dropped the ball so hard with this movie. I went in expecting Superman as directed by Bryan Singer, instead i got Superman as directed by Bryan Singer while trying hard to be Richard Donner. With Brandon Routh trying hard to be Christopher Reeves. If i wanted to watch Richard Donner's Superman i would fucking watch it!

Say what you will about Snyder and Goyer, at least they attempted to do their own take on Superman. Failed but attempted.

The biggest fault was it was just boring as hell. With Luthor as the main villain yet again instead of Zod or maybe Brainiac. ( are we EVER going to get a live action Braniac in a Superman film?) anybody but Luthor again

Not to mention Superman getting his ass kicked by Kumar. The fuck.
>>
>>81283872
The very first scene of this movie is Kevin Spacey fucking an old lady
>>
>>81283872
Waid, just stop
>>
File: JESUS CHRIST.jpg (21 KB, 472x356) Image search: [Google]
JESUS CHRIST.jpg
21 KB, 472x356
>>81285886
Don't forget him wanting his son to let a bus full of children drown because muh secret identity. That Pa Kent was the worse thing about Man of Steel, and that's saying something.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.