[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This picture just about sums up my feelings on Zack Snyder's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1476) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1476
This picture just about sums up my feelings on Zack Snyder's Superman.
>>
File: 1458688656744.jpg (91 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1458688656744.jpg
91 KB, 400x400
>>
>>81279033
Have you seen the new movie? Superman is in his purest form. He was forced to Kill bruce so Martha could live. but instead of killing him, he asks him to help. And Bruce gave him the live action version of The Dark Knight Returns "The one man who beat you" monologue. this movie was Poetry, and the subtle "Superman is Jesus Christ" was absolutely beautiful. This movie is way to good to be called a "capeshit" movie.
>>
File: 1456289064050.jpg (28 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1456289064050.jpg
28 KB, 640x480
>>81279216
I'm pretty sure most people complaining that Superman's "edgy and gritty" haven't seen the movie, or slept through it, or something.
Not that it's some perfect paradigm of a superhero movie, but some of the complains are just nonsensical.
>>
>>81279216
It's capekino
>>
File: 1458917282900.png (537 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1458917282900.png
537 KB, 600x900
>>81279216
Hello, Snyder
>>
>>81279033
OP, this board is still in full shill mode. You're going to have to wait a while before all the paid users leave.
>>
>>81279216
Go take a writing class Snyder.
>>
>>81279216
>>81279277

THE BAT IS DEAD. BURY IT.

AND FUCK YOUR CAR.
>>
>>81279033
ok kool (cool) opinion
>>
Also, one of the better articles explaining why Snyder literally ruins comic book movies (not really a review as the URL says):

http://www.vox.com/2016/3/30/11329886/batman-v-superman-bad-review-zack-snyder

The tl;dr -- he's WAY too interested in the glossy surface of things to be able to directly look at the usually more complex underside of things.
>>
File: image.png (147 KB, 234x224) Image search: [Google]
image.png
147 KB, 234x224
>>81279216
>and the subtle "Superman is Jesus Christ"
>>
>>81279431
Is Superman supposed to be happy about a madman beating up/killing thugs and branding them?
>>
>>81279216
Stop smoking crack.
>>
>>81279216
>the subtle "Superman is Jesus Christ"
>subtle
>s
>u
>b
>t
>l
>e
>>
File: really nigga.jpg (102 KB, 680x966) Image search: [Google]
really nigga.jpg
102 KB, 680x966
>>81279216
>>81279277
>>81279292
>>81279364
>>
>>81279216
>>81279277
I love when batman goes 'I UNDERSTAND' and batman shoves him thirty feet.

Like yeah thats superman. You act mean to me I PUSH YOU fucker. He could have maybe explained himself and why he was there and his mother being in trouble. But batman interrupted him with those harmless sonic rays and acted real mean.

Also i like how with the exception of one scene he has this dour woebegotten expression on his face like in that ten second montage where he actually saves a couple of people who aren't lois lane.

I also love when hes like 'i can bring you in without breaking you' to lex. Which is so cool cos its superman showing that even though he has the power to rip people apart and break their bones with his godlike strength, he shows us mere mortals mercy when he so chooses.

They really nailed superman. And how he isn't a nice person at all and just begrudgingly does good acts and mopes all the fucking time.
>>
>>81279216
Hows all that dick taste?
>>
>>81279516
I think Superman should have confronted Batman in a calm and reasonable manner. Especially since Batman ultimately has good motives. Even if Batman didn't listen (which he probably wouldn't have) at least he tried. At least he would've gained some kind of insight or understanding about what makes Batman the man he is. Jumping to threats and violence immediately against fucking Batman was dumb, and it's writing clearly only served to further the misunderstandings that would fuel their inevitable conflict.
>>
>>81279468
Nice read
>>
>>81279582
Nobody in his position would be fuckin jolly. The whole world constantly debates whether or not he is a security threat. Imagine being that guy, a walking wmd who is otherwise just luke you and me.
>>
>>81279843
Well he does have a case of super autism...
>>
>>81279843
>Imagine being that guy, a walking wmd who is otherwise just luke you and me.
Thats the fucking problem. You said it without even pausing, i mean as you read this do you know what part of what you said is the issue. I will repeat it.
>just like you and me
I am full of cynicism and put my own worth above most strangers. Not in a prick way but in the way most people eventually get their fair share of cynicism and a realistic 'hey shit happens but i gotta take care of me too'
This is superman. Having him just be some guy with supermans power like you or me might be fine for you but someone earlier in this thread (dont know if this was you) said the following fucking words...
>Superman is in his purest form
Fucking seriously? okay I get why a person who the whole world is shitting on would be mopey and dour and kinda sick of it all. But that shit isn't how superman acts. Yes 'muh superman', the character from the comic. Now if you are totally cool with him not acting like superman, fuck yeah good for you enjoy this movie enjoy man of steel enjoy the next one. I got no faults with anyone liking anything for any goddamn reason.
I'm not saying that this is some unrealistic superhuman. Because he isn't. If i was in his position and batman got in my shit it put him through a wall too. If lex fucked with my loved ones, threw em off a roof. Damn right ill let him know i could break his ass. Someone has a gun to my girls head...through a fucking wall you go.
Thank god i'm not superman..nor is the character in this movie. He's a guy LIKE YOU AND ME who has supermans power and backstory. Nothing about him embodies the character and for some weird reason people honestly don't notice this. Which tells me that when people think of superman...its just a guy with those powers. And thats it, thats enough to be "Superman is in his purest form".

No wonder this is the superman they're selling us. Nobody gives a shit about the actual character.
>>
"Subtle"?

The number of times they've made Superman "subtly" refer to the second coming of Christ... shit, I wish they'd try something different for once. It hasn't been original in a while.
>>
>>81280550
>nobody gives a fuck about superman

Hi max
>>
>>81280550
yo senpai, just wanted to say you're on point
>>
>>81280757
I'll tell you what having read american alien Max Landis has a far greater understanding of superman than Zack Snyder.

Dudes screenplays eat ass but id like to see him do more comics. Particularly superman comics.
>>
File: chainface.png (227 KB, 696x480) Image search: [Google]
chainface.png
227 KB, 696x480
>>81279033
>fake superman fans
>>
>>81280904
nothing good ever comes with that reaction image
>>
>>81279216
Too bad even if that was true none of it matters because Cavill can't act for shit. Affleck embarrasses him in every scene they share.
>>
>>81280550
This is my biggest fault of the movies. Think of the first time you saw batman, superman, spiderman. That is the version that most of us remember the best and compare to all other incarnations that we come across. Some will be better some will be worse but that first vision will always hold a place in our minds. The problem is that this is the superman/batman that children/teenagers will know. An impostor in the suit that has all of the same powers/gadgets but that fails to even attempt to reflect the characteristics of who they are supposed to be. He is the big blue boyscout for a reason. He is the shining light in a world of darkness that every one can look up to strive to be. I don't have a problem turning batman darker and probably most other superheroes but I want superman to be above all the rest. Let him lose his shit once in a while and cut lose but he can't be sad and mopey and careless.
>>
>>81281365
It could be worse. There are kids out there who grew up with the Nolan trilogy and Superman Returns.
>>
>>81281835
Superman Returns is honestly a better Superman than this. The scene of him saving the plane is better than anything we got out of MoS or BvS.
>>
>>81281835
superman returns sucks but they at least tried to make him feel like superman.
>>
>>81281835
Superman Returns had Superman in it
>>
>>81281892
>>81281958
>>81281998

I keep saying people say that, but honestly that one scene doesn't make up for all the movie's failings. At least Snyder's trying to explore Superman from a different perspective, rather than shitting on a classic interpretation like Singer did.
>>
>tfw the movies will never show Lex Luthor as a true American hero who just wants to make America great again by deporting the illegal alien Superman

Sucks they missed his character so much in BvS
>>
>>81282032
Returns' mistakes was that it was trying too hard to be Reeve's. Snyder's mistake is that he insists on going too hard to not be Reeves.
>>
>>81279216
Daily reminder,Supes would have died if his mother was named jessica
>>
>>81281835
Hey say what you will about superman returns. But aside from the stalky stuff (god remember how people called THIS superman mopey. holy shit eating our words now) Routh and Singer crafted a damn good superman as far as his characterization.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIMbqMmkZCI
>>
>>81282032
I just don't like for movies to move so far away from who the characters really are. To me it defeats the whole purpose of making a movie in the first place.
>>
>>81281365
>He is the shining light in a world of darkness that every one can look up to strive to be

He was exactly that in the movie.
>>
>>81282032
It aint one scene. He saves the plane, he rescues luthors girl in the out of control car, he stops that heist and saves the guy from the minigun, not to mention the climax of the film is him saving metropolis. Overall the donner emulation really made that film suffer but i recently watched it again after having seen man of steel in prep for BvS and then BvS in theaters and it was refreshing. It still aint that good but it doesn't honestly feel as bad anymore.
>>
>>81282325
see>>81279582
>>
File: Action Comics- 010.jpg (538 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
Action Comics- 010.jpg
538 KB, 1280x1920
>>81280904
Seconded. lol. OP couldn't even post an excerpt from a Superman comic. My guess is that he's never read one.
>>
>>81282325
Not because of what he does but because of how he does it. Superman is the type of guy that would run into a burning building to save a cat even with out his powers. These movies don't make him feel that way to me.
>>
>>81282106
That's my point. He took the Donner Superman universe and tried to inject all these modern sensibilities into it what was very much a period piece.

>>81282273
I don't think Snyder's doing that, or intends to do that, per say. He just has a very shitty way of getting to the heart of the characters.
>>
>>81282444
There is nothing wrong with superman cutting lose when he comes against a big threat like that. I don't have a problem with him killing Zod to be honest. I just want it to feel like he was pushed to that point and that all other options are off of the table before he does it and the movie failed to do that.
>>
File: 1458162190815.png (11 KB, 893x590) Image search: [Google]
1458162190815.png
11 KB, 893x590
>>81282444
>>
>>81282518
Yea like I don't think he is doing it intentionally he just doesn't understand who they are and why they are as iconic as they are.
>>
>>81282565

Like... what? Kidnapping his mother, Doomsday?
>>
>>81282907
What about when he angrily confronted Batman and ordered him to stop being Batman, and that him crashing the Batmobile and tearing off the roof was mercy?

No to mention he clearly just let the guys Batman was chasing get away, despite shooting rockets and guns.
>>
>>81283005
Why would batman give a shit about those guys. He wants to let batman know he could murder him if he wanted to but he didnt.

Also dude don't harp on it. It happens one time. It isn't like later in the movie he does it again...like telling lex luthor he can bring him in without breaking him.

Man, superman really digs telling people how much he can fucking hurt them and kill them if he wanted to. No wonder they built him a goddamn statue.
>>
>>81282907
He had legit reason for going full out but it never had that build up. One of my favorite instances of it is in the justice league cartoon when he fights darkseid. You can see the build up and when he does let go you think oh he done fucked up now.
>>
>>81279216

>subtle
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.