[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/artic les/civil-war-ii-moments
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7
File: 5124027-civwar2016000_cov_col.jpg (601 KB, 1269x1920) Image search: [Google]
5124027-civwar2016000_cov_col.jpg
601 KB, 1269x1920
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articles/civil-war-ii-moments-revealed-during-marvel-next-b/1100-155199/

>CIVIL WAR II will have its debut issue during Free Comic Book Day. A new Inhuman who can predict the future appears. The heroes of the Marvel Universe now has a decision to make. Do the heroes stand with Captain Marvel or Iron Man?

>Bendis discussed how the event came together. They wanted to make the story about things going on in the world at that time and that it had to be culturally relevant. They wanted a story where there is no right or wrong answer.

>Alonso said it's a complex issue, and it connects to the outside world. "Freedom vs Security... It's very much about the world we live in... What would you do if you could prevent something from happening?"

>We found out that the new Inhuman is named Ulysses. He's the focal point character of the story. Bendis says he's a "young man who is being forced to grow up very quickly. He was on a pretty traditional route in America and something happened that completely derailed his life, becoming an Inhuman."

>This character expressed an idea in the story that shows what's unique about the Inhumans, their growing population and role in the world. This sets up a political situation for where the Inhumans are at. This could threaten the Inhumans way of life. Where they want to be vs where they end up.

>We will see the origin for Ulysses in CIVIL WAR, illustrated by Jim Cheung. Bendis went on to say that the inciting incident is in this Free Comic Book Day book. It's in its own story.

>Tom Breevort jumped in to say, "it's an essential piece of the puzzle. It's a completely new Brian and Jim Cheung piece." The first issue of CIVIL WAR II will be 40 pages long and that does not include recap or cast pages. Bendis stated that he's a big believer in opening issues of an event being oversized.
>>
>>81276915
>While Bendis went on to say something big happens in issue #2 of the event, something very unique happens with the Hulk. Bendis jokingly said he'll have to unplug his computer for a couple days. This will be a highly debated moment in the story.

>As far as the tie-in issues go, some tie-ins will be precursors and some will take place right after a scene in the CWII book. Ms. Marvel will tell a Ms. Marvel story without being a "generic Marvel book," says Brevoort. How it affects Kamala and Jersey City. The audience won't have to follow 6 other books. They want to let each tie-in keep its tone.

>Bendis jokes that Chip Zdarsky isn't taking the story seriously in HOWARD THE DUCK, and it's almost like he's making fun of the CWII creators.

>Onto the questions, Marvel.com asks about Miles Morales role in the book. Bendis said that Miles has a role in the series, and like other characters, will grow and grow and grow throughout the series. Miles, Kamala, and other newer characters have to make hard choices and sometimes they have to be made for them. Miles will feel it for years to comes.

>CBR asks about Tony's mindset going into this. Bendis says Tony is a thoughtful genius person. He's faced with a moral dilemma. Same goes for Carol Danvers. Both Carol and Tony have very strong positions, and they're both trying their best to do what they think is right.

>ComicBook asks if there are any characters that you thought would lean one way that leads another?

>Bendis says, "not yet." You have to be careful with that. The character interaction is what made it from 6 issue series to a 7 issue series. There's been a lot of surprises for me. This is as much Matt Murdock I've written in a long time. There are people who have gotten more panel time that I originally thought.
>>
>>81276938
>Newsarama asks about the preview pages, including the cosmic looking villain on the page. Bendis says that the opening with a cosmic event.It will propel the rest of the series.

>IGN asks about Hulk and She-Hulk, but Bendis says he can't answer anything about those characters at this time because they are spoilers.

>We ask about the Ultimates involvement in the book and whether series in their own pockets will be involved within the main title. Bendis says that The Ultimates is a good example of the idea behind that book, which is about heroes trying to stop major events before they happen, fits right into what CIVIL WAR II is about. "What that team is up to is proactively looking for solutions before things become a problem. That does speak to the more 'Minority Report' concern of what this Ulysses character's powers might offer us."

>In addition, Ultimates are intimately involved. Issue #7 is a part of the road to Civil War. As for other series, the characters involved reflect their books. "We have a really nice ranging and diverse line and want people to do their own thing."

>Alonso stated that Black Panther has a new series, but he will be in CIVIL WAR II a lot.

>CIVIL WAR II has a story coming out on Free Comic Book Day on May 7, followed by CIVIL WAR II #0. The first issue of the story will be released on June 1.
>>
>>81276938
>Bendis jokes that Chip Zdarsky isn't taking the story seriously in HOWARD THE DUCK, and it's almost like he's making fun of the CWII creators.
>almost
Bendis, that's probably EXACTLY what he's doing.
>>
File: eeehhh.jpg (40 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
eeehhh.jpg
40 KB, 500x370
Does anybody care? At all? They pretty much admitted flat out that this was a rushed movie tie-in.
>>
File: 1454729676971.gif (1 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1454729676971.gif
1 MB, 300x225
I'm having negahype right now, like, I can't wait to see how terrible this is gonna be
>>
>>81277161
Unfortunately #1 will be the highest selling issue of the year and every issue after it will do fantastic too
>>
>>81277161
I like both Coipel and Marquez's art, so I'm looking forward to the art. That's about it though.
>>
Was Civil War 2 really necessary? Holy shit, and i thought The Dark Knight III Master Race was an easy shit cash grab.
>>
>>81277217
This, pretty much.
Even the most awful of recent events end up being the month's top selling book, generally due to the number of variant cover incentives that are also produced, so it'll still sell gangbusters.
>>
>>81277291
Brevoort said once that had Watchmen been done by Marvel and not DC, they would have had Watchmen 2 out just a couple years later.
>>
>>81277161
I'm looking forward to how much of a shitshow it's going to be. We are getting some DANK memes out of this, that's for sure.
>>
>>81277217
>>81277336

This industry needs to burn to the ground.
>>
>>81277357
wew lad, as bad as the execution on Before Watchmen was, at least DC had the good sense to do prequels and not Watchmen 2
>>
>>81276915
>We found out that the new Inhuman is named Ulysses.
BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Homer was better!
>>
>>81276938
>something very unique happens with the Hulk.
Let me guess, he gets angry and kills people.
>>
>>81277357
If they did that, who would hate Marvel more, Gerber or Moore?
>>
>>81277623
Do you think Bendis knows that Banner isn't the Hulk anymore?
>>
>>81276974
>>IGN asks about Hulk and She-Hulk, but Bendis says he can't answer anything about those characters at this time because they are spoilers.
DEEEEEAAAAAAADDDDDDD!!!
>>
>>81277671
Even if he knows he wouldn't give a shit.
>>
>>81277671
I doubt Bendis knows what any of the characters besides the ones he writes are currently doing.
>>
>>81277623
Because She Hulk is kill in retaliation to Frank Cho and his covers
>>
>>81277671
I don't even think Bendis knows what's Marvel anymore.
>>
File: 1440531725041.png (507 KB, 476x731) Image search: [Google]
1440531725041.png
507 KB, 476x731
>>81277161
i'm looking forward to storytimes and shitstorm on /co/
>>
>>81276915
Why does Marvel keep trying to push Civil War?
>>
>>81278040
It's one of their best selling trades
>>
>All these new diverse replacements
I hate new comics, Bendis is a sick fuck, I'll go and read the old stuff where heroes were WHITE and HETEROSEXUAL
>>
>>81277671

I doubt Bendis can even remember his name anymore.
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 400x616) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 400x616
At this point I'm more interested in Standoff than Civil War II itself because of Thunderbolts and Based Zemo
>>
>>81276915
given how up their own ass they all are on social justice, it will probably only look like there is no right or wrong answer to a bern victim.
>>
File: will sell millions.png (891 KB, 1308x954) Image search: [Google]
will sell millions.png
891 KB, 1308x954
>>81277161
I only care about bingo, new bendis pasta, and the apathy.
>>
>>81278976
... why does Zemo look like he's trying to seduce Cap there?

With his butt in those tight jeans and that jacket that doens't fully cover his torso...
>>
Answer me this /co/

with Civil war 2 coming 2 weeks after the civil war movie and DC release #1 and changing the teams on all of their book with rebirth in June, wouldnt that hurt the pocket of retailers since now they have to buy a lot more of the big 2?
>>
>>81278040
Nigga you're fucking retarded holy shit, there is a fucking movie coming out you think they'll let slip this opportunity for money? Fuck
>>
>>81279289
>comic books will be selling like crazy
>asks if this will hurt retailers
what
>>
>>81279289
they already know what's gonna sell and what's not gonna sell
>>
>>81279571
>Marvel.com and DC.com sell gangbusters off of movie tie-ins
>Retailers buy more comics because they do so well
>People keep buying digital comics
>Retailers get hurt because they bought shit nobody but a collector wants- physical comics
>>
You know, no matter how much they hype this up, it still feels smaller than the first Civil War. Maybe it's because they aren't using characters beyond the already currently used character slate.
>>
>>81277161
Only looking forward to reading the rips at /co/ and laughing with the rest of the /co/mrades

Hopefully this shit event doesn't interrupt some of the comics that I read although it most likely will.
>>
>>81279869
Or maybe because they've barely started marketing this thing while original Civil War was hyped to high heaven far in advance
>>
>>81279246
He probably is anon, Helmut is gay for Cap, it's part of the reason why he didn't kill him in Standoff and why he waited for Steve to arrive at Pleasant Hill before he did anything.
>>
>>81280007
That, and the pre-Civil War stuff had those massive group shots of a lot of characters. All we've got for CW2 is just the rundown of the current ANAD stuff again and again.
>>
>>81279571

I mean, it COULD happen if Marvel said something like "buy 200 copies or fuck you".

That would be Games Workshop levels of cluelessness though.
>>
>>81280103
>I mean, it COULD happen if Marvel said something like "buy 200 copies or fuck you".
That's kind of what they do, I am not sure about the exact quantity but they ask for the retailers to buy large quantities of event comics or popular comics which makes retailers order less of the less popular comics.
>>
File: Civil War II.jpg (16 KB, 294x268) Image search: [Google]
Civil War II.jpg
16 KB, 294x268
>>81276915
>>81276938
>>81276974
>>
>>81280303
No they don't. They just pump out a bunch of incentive variant covers and hype them up. If the retailers don't want to stock them, they don't have to. Hell, a retailer could just not order any Marvel or DC. They don't because those big event comics are the ones that traditionally sell the highest, which is why retailers get so many of them.

Incentive covers are bullshit, but there's no reason retailers have to buy into them unless they have customers that actually want them.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.