[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i work with an autistic 10-year-old who loves gravity falls,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: hap.png (27 KB, 224x224) Image search: [Google]
hap.png
27 KB, 224x224
i work with an autistic 10-year-old who loves gravity falls, the teen titans (specifically robin, specifically dick grayson) and thought that using comics as a way to connect with him and explore how different characters show emotion would be a fun exercise since it has an interest point for him.

however, he is a 10-year-old and i don't know much about teen titan or gravity falls storylines. i'm hoping that you guys could point me to some runs that would be suitable for his age. feel free to ask questions about myself or my work but i will need to limit some info due to ethical reasons

for some fun opinions he holds:
teen titans>young justice>teen titans go

robin>everyone else>raven
>>
Give Tiny Titans a shot.
>>
>>81275944
Not Op but I feel the art style won't help that kid.
>>
>>81275944
>>81276332
looking it up now. what's the thoughts?
>>
>Principal Slade leaves Lunch Lady Darkseid in charge of the school. Darkseid declares that the Tiny Titans will have to do their finals that day, and that it is the Finals Crisis.

that is hilarious. will give this run a shot. see how he likes it. if anything, we can talk about what he didn't like
>>
>>81275844
seems to me like gravity falls should be adequate to teach emotion
>>
He'd probably dig Avatar: TLAA and relevant comics. Personally I and everyone I knew at that age loved the shit out of Asterix&Obelix, though it's a bit less 'realistic' on the emotional front. Marsupilami might be interesting as a lot of the communication is non-verbal.
>>
This One Summer by Jillian Tamaki
>>
JLU
>>
W.I.T.C.H., if he doesn't mind media focusing on female leads.
>>
>>81275844
>All these people suggesting things that are not Teen Titans, Dick Grayson or Gravity Falls
The kid is LITERALLY autistic, you may have forgotten what that means because of this website, but he's not going to be into anything that isn't those things.
>>
>>81275844
Check the new movie featuring the Teen Titans, Justice League vs Teen Titans.

Although Dick barely does anything.
>>
>>81280930
32 year old autistic guy chiming in. I'm mostly normal, my biggest problem is I can't read sarcasm.

GF was a good show but not one I'd say teaches emotions well. But then I've been told I'm an empath by people who believe in that sort of thing. Won't go into stories as it's not relevant though.
>>
Bumping. I don't have any run recommendations but this seems sweet OP.
>>
>>81287083
It depends on the spectrum but its easy to get my autistic nephew into things if its similar enough to his original interests.
>>
>>81276585
>Finals Crisis
How does factor into the Hypercrisis?
>>
Definitive proof that the niggers who whine about TTG are in fact autistic
>>
>>81289856
What the fuck is an empath?
>>
>>81275844
The Monster Society of Evil! is a Shazaam comic and meant for people around his age. The sparknotes is that a kid around 10 who gets to power to become basically an adult version of himself with more wisdom and superpowers. There is no prior reading either which is a godsend for this situation. It's actually good regardless too. The only problem is a pretty thinly veiled anti-Bush subplot so I don't know if that's a dealbreaker even though I don't think someone his age would get anything other than him being a generic bad guy.
>robin>eeryone else>raven
It's literally opposite though. I have no grievances with fighting a ten year old autistic child.
Seriously though you're doing a really good thing especially going out of your way on your off-time to try and find some stuff to connect and teach him.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.