[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's talk about Green Arrow. Barring the usual reservations,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: GA12.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
GA12.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Let's talk about Green Arrow.

Barring the usual reservations, I'm pretty pleased with seeing Oliver Queen resemble his old look a bit more in the Rebirth stuff. Arrow misses the mark as a show, and I don't see GA getting something along the lines of a cartoon that'll do him justice anytime soon. I hope the comics return to form. What are you hoping for?
>>
>>81272872
>Arrow misses the mark

I GET IT
>>
>>81272872
I'm just hoping for the comics letting him be the character he always was instead of capitalizing on the success of Arrow and turning him into Arrow-Oliver. Arrow-Oliver has no personality, all they do is have other characters describe like he is Batman, but that doesn't make him an entertaining character.
>>
File: ddf2013 onomatopoeia.jpg (174 KB, 900x636) Image search: [Google]
ddf2013 onomatopoeia.jpg
174 KB, 900x636
>>81272872
Has one of the best rouges ever.
>>
>>81272872
I hope they're giving him a better arch enemy or atleast update Merlyn. Merlyn is not a bad character at all, but he's only an adversary and rival in terms of skill sets for Ollie. Not really good for his enemy number uno, i feel. Count Vertigo feels more like a proper nemesis, with him being a rich guy that's unharmed by the law against GA fighting for the little people and not giving a shit about the law.
>>
>>81273220
Obviously Count Vertigo needs to be brought up as a proper Dr Doom style supervillain complete with his own lair, army of henchmen and various super weapons
>>
>>81273314
Never knew I wanted this. Like someone else mentioned above, I want Ollie to act like Ollie instead of Not!Batman as he does in Arrow. He's finally meeting Canary and what-have-you, so I'm pretty stoked.
>>
>>81273455
Green Arrow, Star City, his supporting cast and rogues gallery really are unique enough to stand on their own and be completely differentiated from Batman and Gotham if he was ever allowed some room to breath and develop.
>>
Bump for Green Arrow
>>
I haven't read Green Arrow since Lemire left the title. Is Ben Percy doing a good job? I'm curious about the rebirth series because I like Otto Schmidt. Is it supposed to be an easy jumping on place for new readers?
>>
Ollie is a top 5 favorite comic book character for me. The show is fucking awful CW shit. I dont understand how anyone watches it.
>>
>>81272872
that's nice and all but what about Felicity? the comic is called "Green Arrow", so she should be right there ya?
>>
>>81275726
Just jump into the middle of it, it's literally never that hard to catch up
>>
>>81276550
She's confirmed for not making it comics
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVRiADlDEig
>>
>>81275726
I don't like it much. It's not particularly interesting and it's pretty unoriginal for the most part.
>>
>>81282546
Watched this yesterday actually, I liked this short animation and the Arrow/Merlyn stand-off was sweet.
>>
>>81273455
Ollie was created as Not!Batman and I always think that's a fair take on the character. However I do prefer rabid liberal Ollie
>>
>>81279634
Felicity was around in Kreisberg's Green Arrow run last year, and it wouldn't surprise me if she showed up again, somewhere in the DCU.
>>
>>81287288
There was just a thread up yesterday about how she will not be in rebirth because they want the comic to be it's own thing. And thank fucking god... the episode last week was almost GOAT Arrow because it meant we are almost done with Felicity.
>>
I'm hoping he's more Grell Arrow and not Green Liberal. Given today's political climate I don't want Ollie backing up BLM and LGBT.
>>
>>81287388
I saw that thread; I just meant that she's a prominent enough character that I wouldn't be surprised if some C-tier writer scrounged her up for their run on whatever comic in the future. Her "good with computers" and "quirky side-character" shticks could be fitted into a ton of titles (although not likely to fit well).
>>
>>81287536
Why do you hate Green Gays anon?
>>
When I think about what I want out of Green Arrow I picture him as a purely street level schmuck getting wrapped up in political and corporate intrigue. Hassling fat cats, getting boned by the feds and mowing down their hired guns. All in pursuit of truth and justice for those exploited and suffering. For those in the shadows of not just a city but a nation.

Then I remember millennials don't give a shit about their civil liberties or the integrity of journalism.
>>
>>81287990
I agree. It's just not Green Arrow if Ollie's not sticking up for the little guy. I mean, the guy dresses like Robin Hood.
>>
>>81288212

And I think Percy's on the right track with that. Flashy bullshit like matrix drones, bone cults HIV/werewolves just got in the way of any real meaning.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.