[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Based WB. I love that this was "not for normies"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 27
File: image.jpg (430 KB, 1200x799) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
430 KB, 1200x799
Based WB.

I love that this was "not for normies" the movie. I love all the background stuff going on and even the main villain is not explained to you.

If you don't know what is happening its cause you don't read comics and you don't deserve to.
>>
>>81272551
>even the main villain is not explained to you.
This is not a good thing.
>>
>>81272728
That is a good thing. Fuck off normie. This is a comic movie for comic readers. Im glad they didn't stop and explain it to people who are only interested in the movies.
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 442x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 442x332
Don't mind me, I was just manipulating Lex for Darkseid and normies will never know until JL.
>>
>>81272551
Tell me, do you read...
>>
>>81272804
You will
>>
>>81272551
i think all you need is to be aware of literary tropes and some philosophy
>>
>>81273713
I mean they didn't explain Darkseid or Desaad messing with Lex or any of the ensemble cast. Im glad they didn't cause normies should have to read comics if they want to understand comic book movies.
>>
>>81272772
>That is a good thing.

It's not.

>Fuck off normie.

I am as abnormal as it gets.

>This is a comic movie for comic readers.

I have read more comics than you.

>Im glad they didn't stop and explain it to people who are only interested in the movies.

That's a petty and contrarian viewpoint to have. You have bad taste.
>>
>>81273758
>normies should have to read comics if they want to understand comic book movies.
I like this idea. I like this idea a lot.
>>
>>81273832
>contrarian
Confirmed for post TDKR /tv/ tourist.
>>
>>81272772
>attempting sarcasm in a text format
>>
>>81273891
>Watchmen
>normie

>wah this movie has too much talking
>wah this movie makes no sense
>>
File: lKaicvA.jpg (220 KB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
lKaicvA.jpg
220 KB, 3000x3000
>>
I understood all the references besides that fucking guy yelling at bruce about the future. But im pretty sure that was flash I just didnt get a good look at him, was it him?

Other than that I agree that its good to not hand hold you
>>
This movie has a superficial understanding of these characters. Sure we got parademons and flash racing through time, but in terms of actually understanding the characters Synder doesn't get Superman, Batman or Lex. It doesn't help that the movie had atrocious editing
>>
>>81272551
The movie was 40 minutes too long and wasted time doing backstory shit all over again. Also it relied too heavily on homages and completely ignores why those scenes it abuses were so powerful and meaningful in their origins. Also making Lex into a spaz was fucking weird and they shouldn't have bothered focusing on him as much as they did.
>>
>>81273976
Did Flash's clip make him look Mexican? Cause he looked Mexican to me.
>>
>>81274070
See >>81272795
It was pretty obvious man.
>>
>>81272551
Yep. I can't wait for SS too
>>
>>81274106
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>81274106
Nah, I don't care what you do to justify it but he sure as shit kept acting opposite of any iteration of Lex that I've read. Even during Doomsdays awakening he was acting like a spaz.
>>
>>81272551
>Not for normies
>500 million BO is 5 days

ok, pal

>You don't deserve to read comics, only I do

Such entitlement. Much wow.
>>
>>81274187
Again see >>81272795
It was very obvious. Read some comics.
>>
>>81274212
OP never said that. Everyone deserves to read comics. Its just if you don't read comics you don't deserve to understand all the stuff in comic book movies.
>>
>>81274242
D E S A A D
E
S
A
A
D
>>
Wait where the fuck was Desaad in this?
>>
>>81274287
They never name dropped him but its very obvious it was him messing with Lex's head since Darkseid doing this to try to eliminate Superman is a staple of Darkseid's plan in every iteration.
>>
>>81272551
Does "not for normies" mean shitty now? Have we really stooped to such a low point that we have pretend to enjoy terrible things just to keep the average person from enjoying our hobbies? You can be true to comic books while still making a good film and BvS is neither. Some cool comic references that the normies won't understand doesn't redeem a poorly edited mess of a film that can't get any of it's main characters right.
>>
>>81274352
It got every main character right. You havent seen it, stop memeing. Dont pretend like you read comics either faggot.
>>
File: mwajanrupyhqqhvf8k9i.jpg (84 KB, 800x540) Image search: [Google]
mwajanrupyhqqhvf8k9i.jpg
84 KB, 800x540
I know there is like 10 threads about the movie, but I just want to see the general opinion on it through very simple means...http://strawpoll.me/7232450
>>
>>81274352
>poorly edited
I guarantee that you don't know the first thing about film editing.
>>
>>81274398
I sincerely hope you're just a shitposting /tv/fag. This level of denial can't be healthy.
>>
>>81274430
And you obviously do....
>>
>>81274431
>comic book movies and comic books have very little in common
read your posts before hitting post
>>
>>81274431
Kek did you get that Desaad was manipulating Lex to try to kill Superman to prep the Earth for Darkseid? Did you get the Superman was their only hope but they "killed" him? Did you get the speedforce time travel? What about the Dick leaving Gotham and breaking his promise to Bruce?
>>
>>81274430
Not him but that's the funny part. I don't know shit about editing but I STILL was able to pick up on it, that's how awful it was
>>
>>81274430
I can't cook worth a damn either but I still know when my food is burnt.
>>
>>81274461
I bet you are buying into that Batman killed people cause he blew up cars. He fucking always does that. Or Superman being conflicted over his place in the world. Or WW not wanting to help our world but felt obligated cause people were at risk?

You dont know shit little faggot.
>>
>>81274513
>i don't know what bad looks editing like but I do
>>
>>81274430
It's the most casual criticism
>>
>>81274560
Batman doesnt kill. That was KGBeast you casual he will be back.
>>
>>81274549
I don't know how to make a delicious cake, doesn't mean i can't taste shit
>>
>>81272551
Top tier b8, m8.
>>
>>81272551
if 'fucking normies' is how you take comfort in eating shit, have at 'er.

But don't expect anyone to give a damn about your opinions ever again.
>>
>>81272551
I'm a normie and was too busy getting drunk and fucking girls in my local parks in my younger days while you was reading your cartoon books, and yet i still knew exactly what was going on in this film

Also its normies that by far make these films the most money, for every die hard comic book fan there must be 100 normies
>>
>>81274596
>You are right I..I didn't catch any of that bu....but

>N...no one cares it doesnt matter!

Top kek. It was crucial to JL and the movies plot. Im laughing so hard right now.
>>
>>81274521
>>81274607
>le false equivalency faec
>>
>>81274557
Because it's the most glaring and obvious flaw. The movie is two and half hours long and still manages to feel like it's both overstuffed with plot and missing key scenes at the same time.
>>
>>81274633
I'm sorry you were homeless as a child, I fucked girls in my bedroom like a normal teenager.

How much money a movie makes doesnt matter to me faggot. I bet you go into a store and base the quality of something off its price.
>>
File: 1456054129242.jpg (62 KB, 395x363) Image search: [Google]
1456054129242.jpg
62 KB, 395x363
I feel really bad for DC fans that are going to get shitty movies because morons like OP and dumb Mexicans and Chinks enable Snyder.
>>
>>81274430
I studied film in uni, have a sister with a bachelor in a film course (with her main focus being editing), and have an uncle who's been working on films his entire life, won a couple indie film awards and taught film to uni students for a while before retiring.

The movie was edited like shit.
>>
>>81274735
I pity the Marvel fan who has convinced themselves that the MQU is good.
>>
>>81274752
>I'm lying on the internet

>>81274766
>Dawn of Justice
>>
>>81274735
Right? Does nobody understand that blind fanboy defense only does more harm than good in the long run? Sure it may mean we don't get a big screen JL movie as soon but isn't waiting a few more years worth it to ensure we get a movie that's actually good in addition to being being full of fanservice?
>>
File: pepeblade.jpg (139 KB, 417x340) Image search: [Google]
pepeblade.jpg
139 KB, 417x340
>>81274735
Marveldrones on suicide watch
>>
It's a good thing I'd read comic books, or I'd think a dream sequence that lasts 10 minutes was stupid
>>
>>81274644
Justify the moment in the film were they cut to the daily planet and Parry asks Jen where Clark is, and he mentions tapping his heels three times to go back to Kansas. Just justify this simingly random scene in the movie.

If you say it cuts to Superman in Kansas afterwards then talking to his mom then you're wrong. That happens 2 or 3 scenes later
>>
>>81274767
At least Marvel fans can get rid of bad shit through their responses to films (Whedon getting booted, Russos on for Civil War, etc)
>>
>>81274899
It was to show Perry wasn't stupid. He was worried about Clark/Superman.

Its showing he has been missing for awhile.
>>
>>81274879
You mean Darkseid's introduction? Specifically for people that got it?

I do agree though they were excessive, probably my only problem with the movie.
>>
File: 1457786312867.jpg (183 KB, 1124x1024) Image search: [Google]
1457786312867.jpg
183 KB, 1124x1024
>>81274983
> specifically for people that got it

lmao yeah this movie was for comic fans and comic fans alone, that's why they showed batman's parents death

again
>>
>DC fans have to defend this shitheap if they want more movies with an actual chance of being good

I'm so sorry. Hopefully WB will realize the horrible mistake they've made and remove Snyder from any future DC projects and hire a director who is good at more than slow-to-fast motion fight scenes. And who knows? Maybe Suicide Squad will be good in spite of all the retarded marketing involving "crazy" Jared Leto.
>>
>>81274953
>It was to show Perry wasn't stupid. He was worried about Clark/Superman.

>Its showing he has been missing for awhile.

Alright, where does that go? Where's the resolution for that scene? Clark doesn't get fired or anything, it just kinda lingers.

Logically speaking, wouldn't it have made more sense to have Superman actually being in Kansas follow up that scene
>>
>>81275047
It was for comic fans while appealing to the mass market. Usually movies are for the mass market while appealing to comic fans.

Did you seriously not see the difference?
>>
>>81275081
>it was for comic fans

> completely fucks up the message and themes of of both Death of Superman and The Dark Knight Returns

??
>>
It's a real shame Snyder is in contract.
They should just fire him already.
>>
>>81275081
The difference is that I apparently prefer the latter since they have coherent plots in addition to fun comic references instead of just cramming in as many iconic visuals as possible without any real weight behind them.
>>
>>81275115
TDKR theme was man has to stand on their own and needs a champion which Bruce says they will have to at the end. DoS was that they were taking Superman for granted by thinking they maybe didnt need him or their was harm ending in his "death" and everyone realizing they did need him. This set up both of those themes.
>>
>>81275137
Why? Why did they fucking choose him of all people for this? Did nobody at WB see Sucker Punch?
>>
>>81275176
>fun

GTFO of this thread. DC Comics are rarely "fun" faggot. Especially in big plot oriented stories. Sounds like you were confused as hell about what DC is about.
>>
File: It's Schway Bruce.jpg (62 KB, 750x563) Image search: [Google]
It's Schway Bruce.jpg
62 KB, 750x563
>>81275237
Yes, evidently I was mistaken when I enjoyed reading DC comics, apparently I was supposed to have just been miserable the whole time instead.
>>
>>81272551

You are the absolute worst kind of scum.
>>
>>81275236
Because his "action" scenes and movies are popular. Even though his writing is ham-fisted and extremely uneven in pacing.
>>
>>81275314
Are you implying you are not? A central theme to DCs characters is no matter how much good they do its never enough. Sure there are light hearted characters but they are all up against impossible odds. Wait for the Flash and Shazam movie if you want something light hearted.
>>
How can OP claim this is a comic book movie when the similarities between the characters in the film and the characters in the comics are only the costumes and names?
>>
>>81272551
Man, I liked the movie a lot but you sound ridiculous.
>even the main villain is not explained to you
>I like being kept in the dark about major plot points
>>
File: 1459374473597.jpg (76 KB, 599x655) Image search: [Google]
1459374473597.jpg
76 KB, 599x655
>>81272772
the movie's disappointing even for a lifelong DC fan
getting every reference doesn't make it better for anyone unless you're a pretentious faggot
>>
>>81272551
I like you,sure our moms name are the same
>>
>>81274752
Care to explain why then?
>>
just saw it
on the plus side batman was good
batman v superman scene was good
ww getting turned on while fighting was good

on the bad side,too much unncecessary dialogue especially in the first half
the 10th explosion loses impact after the first 9 ones
he's so going to be alive and it'll be lame as fuck
lex was abhorrent and annoying unless desaad is influencing him, in which case ok
the ring scene was beyond corny
>>
>>81275429
How it's written makes all the difference. It's why I enjoy reading DKR and DoS but not shit like BvS which does the same things but without any reason for me to care. Hell in this DC universe people should be glad Supes died, maybe then all these alien assholes will leave Earth alone.
>>
>>81275807
But it was written well. Batman was being a dick, realized this and helped Supes take down a bigger threat. Desaad was manipulating Lex to prep the earth for Darkseid. WW realized the earth is at stake and had to help. Batman will now assemble everyone.
>>
File: 1454304926396.png (79 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
1454304926396.png
79 KB, 250x238
>>81272551
>>81272772
>Only real comicbook fans will like this movie
Again with this bullshit?
>>
>>81275902
I mean its true. See >>81274501
Most normies wouldnt understand any of that.
>>
>>81275852
Batman only stopped being a dick when he thought Superman and Lois were talking about his mother. That's fucking horrible writing.
>>
>>81276050
Kek what is comprehension? He realized Superman had parents too and people he wanted to protect. Bruce realized he wasnt all that different from himself. The name was a trigger point.
>>
>>81275852
That's not good writing, that's just set up for another movie. What about this movie? Why should I go back and watch this after JL comes out? Because they did some live action versions of DKR and DoS panels? Will knowing for sure that Desaad was behind it somehow make Eisenberg's performance not annoying? This movie spends so much time trying to get me excited for the future that it forgot to make me care about the present and comes off like any big modern comic event where everyone is an out of character asshole in order to make the plot happen.
>>
>>81276093
You should care about this movie cause its the start. The start of the League. The start of all 3 of the trinity's friendship. The start of heroes. The start of hope with a sense that the earth will need it.
>>
>>81276084
Oh yeah, the guy he was trying to kill up and says his mother's name and is about to finish him off since he can't explain what he meant when he mentioned Martha and a split second later says he's going to go save her and everything is hunky dory. Or the fact that Lois puts the Kryptonite spear in the water just to have an excuse for Superman to be even less at his peak to "finish off" Doomsday.
>>
>>81276221
Do you even interact with people? Clark having the same name was a fraction of it. It was the trigger to pull Bruce out of his bloodlust.

Blame the creators if you are mad Batman and Superman's mom have the same name. I think it was genius to incorporate it.
>>
>>81276166
But I don't like any of these people. Maybe I'll like WW in her movie since she was barely a character in this but Superman is a stupid dick and Bruce is a hot headed dumbass. I'm at the point that I don't care where they're going, but assuming they pull it out and fix things in JL it'll give me even less reason to ever go back to this. "Hey remember when we were dicks who got duped in to trying to kill each other, good times right?"
>>
>>81276355
I guess youve never consistently followed an ongoing comic before. Its called character growth, I know I know the MCU hasnt prepared you for that.
>>
>>81275945
That does not compel anyone to like it or even consider it good

>>81276084
That's what it was suppose to mean
But the movie still did a shit job at executing stuff like this throughout the movie and assumes the audience will follow its ambiguous presentation of "deep" moments, analogies and piss jars
>>
>>81272551
This. This to a fault. Baring Batman not giving a shit if people die this film is a co!IC book turned to film and that's a problem but dammit it makes me love it more.
>>
>>81272551
Only comics I've ever read are death stroke, teen titans, grifter, and some batman and I understood everything perfectly. Your post is bait, your thread is bait and you should kill yourself for even posting this """"ironically"""""" because the movies was absolutely for Normans and fucking sucked because of it
>>
>>81276430
Im not trying to compel anyone to like it. In saying as a comic book reader I am glad that they didnt explain anything and that if people want an explanation they will have to go read the comics.

I believe that is a good thing both for fans and the industry.
>>
>>81276451
See >>81274501
You filthy normie. I doubt you caught most of that, you don't even know what you didnt catch.
>>
>>81272551
>I love that this piece of shit poorly put together film pandered to my fanboy nature despite being a bad film and fucking up in how it portrayed every one of it's characters by the end.
>>
>>81276275
That is definitely not how I would envision a life or death interaction to go and end that way. It's still a shitty poorly paced movie no matter how you try to fix it.
>>
>>81276392
There has to an inkling of something there in the first place in order for me to care about a character's growth, and right now all there is is the potential that these guys won't be assholes one day in order to stop a bigger threat. I know what Bats and Supes are supposed to be eventually, and I don't think these versions of the characters are capable of reaching that point.
>>
>>81272551
Doesn't mean it's a good movie. It's really not.
>>
>>81276551
Batman is already exactly how he should be. You are never suppose to like Bruce. You clearly only know him from films. Hes a bossy anti social asshole who begrudingly interacts with the League.

I think your problems is you have false ideas of who these characters should be.
>>
People say this movie aint for normies. yeah sure.

heres the deal. This is an honest statement. I will not argue it, but it is true. It is objectively the truth. If you like this movie AND think it is a good Batman/Superman movie...you are not a real fan of either batman or superman comics.
It's simply the case. You may think I am wrong and that my statement is ridiculous but it isn't.
>>
>>81272551
Watched it twice today. Even better the second time, but it still suffered from being too short. Felt they cut dialogue to make room for more plot not fully developed. Still a great movie.

Zack still needs to go though.
>>
File: 1428043426309.jpg (6 KB, 351x368) Image search: [Google]
1428043426309.jpg
6 KB, 351x368
>That Wonder Woman theme
>>
>>81276480
Confusing most of the audience throughout a 3 hour movie and assuming they'll buy your products afterwards doesn't sound like a plan
>>
>>81276611
>You are never suppose to like Bruce
Different anon, but I didn't find Supes likable, either. Hard to be invested in the story when neither of the lead characters are presented in a way that makes it easy to empathize with them.
>>
>>81276737
theme was fucking gret
>>81276702
agree.

>>81276605
i enjoyed it
>>
>>81276646
What if I think this was a good movie but needed more Batman/Superman development?

Cut all the JL stuff and the Doomsday fight.
Add more Batman and Superman

Move Doomsday to a Man of Steel sequel.
>>
Holy shit you guys, I think I found a hidden code
>Bats vs Supes: Dawn of Justice
>Dawn of Justice
Seems like your average super hero theme, right, justice? Think again
>Dawn of Justice
Look very closely at the title
>Dawn of Justice
Dawn is like the beginning of a new day, or the start
Now here's where it gets loopy
>[...] of Justice
of justice? but justice is an abstract concept that neither begins nor ends
SO it must be referring to something else, then. but what? what else do you know of that ties together batman, superman, and justice....?
BAM!
JUSTICE LEAGUE
THIS MOVIE IS A TEASER FOR THE JUSTICE LEAGUE
IT ALL MAKES SENSE
>>
>>81272551
>DCucks are this assblasted that ANOTHER DC movie is complete dogshit.
>"I-i-it's good! It's good that it doesn't have a background or a coherent plot, or that Superman has been switched out for the Plutonian!"
Denial STILL isn't just a river in Egypt!
>>
>>81276924
WAIT, look even closer!
> [...] of Justice
look even closer...
> Justice
I think I see something

>JUST
It was a false flag! Synder knew it would be bad since the beginning! He's crashing the capeshit bubble with no survivors!
>>
File: 1387569837998.png (75 KB, 316x208) Image search: [Google]
1387569837998.png
75 KB, 316x208
>>81277005
How deep does the rabbit hole go
>>
>>81277005
Look even closer
>JUST
>JU
J is the 4th letter of the alphabet so its actually a movie made 4 U
>>
>>81277084
>J is the 4th letter of the alphabet
>>
>>81272551
>liking a shitty movie adaptation makes you a real fan
sooooo true. dark knight returns is my favorite comic. im such a geek lmao :^)
>>
>>81277084
But... but D is the fourth letter in the alphabet.
>>
>>81272551
Normies can meme all they want about it but this is true. Most of the JL setup went right over their head.
>>
ohmigod I get it, now! I can't believe I was so blind to the symbolism in this brilliant capekino.

http://illuminatiwatcher.com/batman-v-superman-hidden-occult-and-illuminati-symbolism/
>>
>>81277244
Any one list to We Hate Movies? They had a great episode reviewing BvS
>>
>>81277193
literally playing trailers for each member mid way through the film doesn't go over anyone's head
>>
File: 1398395560818.jpg (107 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1398395560818.jpg
107 KB, 1024x768
It isn't good to alienate so much of the audience with stuff like this. the movie is full of sequences with no set up and no payback, that people not need versed in DC lore has no chance of understanding. The writer gave no shits about casual viewers. I'm not talking cute background references, but things front and center. Wonder Woman has zero buildup except the photo, Robin's suit, Flash from the future, the stupid viral videos, Darkseid (is there anything in this movie actually hinting about him apart from "he's a big-name villain"?)

Movies assuming the audience has intricate knowledge if the characters already is a pet peeve of mine. Cap saying "Avengers a" then getting cut of by the CREDITS is another example. The people I watched Ultron had no idea what the joke was supposed to be, because they've never read an Avengers comic. And a movie should not assume that from the audience.

It's effectively making the movie worse in the name of fan service.
>>
>>81272551
>I love that this was "not for normies" the movie.
What the fuck are you talking about? The movie was made without any care for what comic fans care about.
If you think this movie was made for DC fans, then you know nothing about DC.
>>
>>81277519
Good. Im glad its like that. I dont want normies to get it, I want them to have to go support the industry and buy comics to understand it.

>>81277567
Have you seen it? What are you fucking on about? People that say this either don't read comics or have for like 3 years and only read New 52.
>>
>>81277666
>I want them to have to go support the industry and buy comics to understand it.

But that won't happen. They'll just stop going to see the "dumb and confusing" DC movies.
>>
>>81277766
Then that is their loss and we get a few years of awesome movies for comic fans.
>>
>>81277519
>stale bait
>>
>>81277666
> Normie goes on twitter
> See superheronews answer everyone's backstory in the movie

woah...really supporting the industry...
>>
>>81272551
Snyder smashing Injustice, Dark Knight Returns and Death of Superman together into a trash compactor cube didn't make for a good movie.
>>
>>81277833
Are you joking? Even if you liked what this movie did the overall negative critical reception guarantees they'll be moving away from catering to "comic fans" for any future films.
>>
>>81277833
A couple years, maybe. But you need the casuals' support if you want WB to keep making these movies, because comic fans alone aren't going to support the $250+ million price tag.
>>
>>81277938
Well that is fucking lame. Fuck normies.
>>
Can /co/ explain the amount positive reviews this movie is getting on Amazon?
>>
>>81277936
I'm pretty sure the "brainwashed" Superman segment was more of a Superman The Animated Series homage than an Injustice homage. I use the term homage loosely.
>>
>>81278069
Lots of flashy booms.
>>
>>81278074
And it had as much consequence as the Superman TAS finale had
>>
>>81278069
If you like comics and are well versed in DC lore you will like it, otherwise you may miss out on a lot of it.
>>
>>81273873
>Confirmed for post TDKR /tv/ tourist.

I know /tv/ likes to to turn the english language into a series of buzzword mouth sounds, but it does describe when someone wants to have a view point that's counter to every other person for the sake of being contrary.

OP is trolling or pathetic.
>>
Why do normies hate kino?
>>
>>81278150
Why is that? A lot of people agree with OP's opinion. Whether or not you like the movie has no bearing on the fact that it makes much more sense if you know DC lore.
>>
>>81278122
Dan Turpin died didn't he?
>>
>>81272551

Here's your reply.
>>
>>81275515
>the movie's disappointing ESPECIALLY for a lifelong DC fan
Fixed.
>>
File: 1443752942961.png (61 KB, 252x221) Image search: [Google]
1443752942961.png
61 KB, 252x221
>>81278069
>if you love dc books you'll love this
>game changer
>this movie was nearly perfect.
>zack snyder has vision and talent
>an intelligent take on the superhero genre
>>
>>81278198
that is NOT good story telling and is something good directors avoid
>>
>>81272551
>>81272728
>being abnormal is a good thing
>waaaaah why am I socially ostracized
kektastic.
>>
>>81272551
>I love that this was "not for normies" the movie.

Y'know walking out of the theater I have having trouble figuring out which demographic this movie would actually appeal to...I guess it makes sense it would be for shut-in virgins with no understanding of human interaction that piss in jars.

Kinda obvious in retrospect.
>>
>>81274398
>It got every main character right.
Batman kills and brands people.
>>
>>81278198
>Whether or not you like the movie has no bearing on the fact that it makes much more sense if you know DC lore.

If the film wanted to earn goodwill with the majority of its audience it might have been more accessible.

If the sequel wants to be successful, it might want to not have required reading.
>>
File: 1456700207996.jpg (14 KB, 243x233) Image search: [Google]
1456700207996.jpg
14 KB, 243x233
>>81274398
>It got every main character right
>>
>>81276849
Honestly, glad you enjoyed it. Personally wasn't a fan, but I'm glad at least some people are getting enjoyment out of it.
>>
>>81272551
I understood it perfectly, it was still shit.

Also, most of the "normies" seem to enjoy it just fine. It's the critics who hate it.
>>
>>81274070
l just come out and say it. Eisenberg's Lex Luthor is creepy -– and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Like I said before, he is unlike any other iteration of Lex we've seen in the past. He is a very charismatic up front, but there's something that's off about him, especially in the way that he talks and moves (i.e., "the red capes are coming."). Not only that, he seems obsessed with Superman in a similar way to his father, but in a dynamic that seems more reminiscent of the Joker's feelings toward Batman.

He is creepy because it's very clear that he knows what he's doing, but there's still some degree of insanity inside of him.

In the scene where Lois looks to Luthor and calls him a psychopath, Luthor admits to his seemingly crazy actions, but doesn't acknowledge it as being psychotic. Instead it seems as if he's operating with some kind of internal logic, just one that we haven't understood yet.

Although, really, I did love how completely fucking crazy he was, but it was a composed kind of crazy. Made him interesting to watch.
>>
File: 1393196094966.png (5 KB, 239x258) Image search: [Google]
1393196094966.png
5 KB, 239x258
>>81280465
/r9k/ is almost exactly like Tumblr in that respect.

Just swap out the term NEET with the term Otherkin.
>>
File: 1445453513759.png (209 KB, 400x750) Image search: [Google]
1445453513759.png
209 KB, 400x750
>/co/'s reaction to BvS is gonna be a case of this again.

Shoot me.
>>
>>81274430
The first 10 minutes are "cut to black" after every scene.

That's no good
>>
>>81274108

Yes. And the cc footage made him look like he had dreds or something.

What the fuck.
>>
>>81272551
At what point did we decide that normie wasn't just a term used by autists?

I understood the use of normalfag in regards to people outside of 4chan. Being something of an outcast or weirdo is part of the experience of browsing 4chan, in a way that an average person wouldn't understand. But being a normalfag didn't used to be a bad thing. Being a normalfag was just being someone who didn't act or think like one of us, and there wasn't anything wrong with that. It was only until /r9k/ started using as a means of projecting their own failure and insecurity onto other people that things started to change for the worse.

So in conclusion, fuck off OP, you're a great big socially retarded cunt.
>>
>>81274430
Oh you're just stupid.
>>
>>81275236
Sucker Punch is good.
>>
File: 1454900715983.jpg (22 KB, 441x469) Image search: [Google]
1454900715983.jpg
22 KB, 441x469
>>81284409
Are you 5? It was not good.
>>
It was Twlight for fanboys
>>
>>81272551
>If you don't know what is happening its cause you don't read comics and you don't deserve to.

I must have missed the comic where Lex is a wiry, wavy-haired spaz who speaks like his every line came straight out of a 17 year-old shut-in's imaginary conversation with his bully.
>>
File: 1459351676462.gif (3 MB, 400x226) Image search: [Google]
1459351676462.gif
3 MB, 400x226
>>81284409
>>
>>81272551
>even the main villain is not explained to you.

That's called bad writing

>I'll just make Batman fight Superman, and bomb the senate for no apparent reason
>>
File: noooope.gif (2 MB, 293x289) Image search: [Google]
noooope.gif
2 MB, 293x289
ITT: Bait General
>>
>>81284130
>At what point did we decide that normie wasn't just a term used by autists?
OP decided to flippantly use the term "normie" for those unfamiliar with decades' worth of background reading, implying that's a requirement. Playing the devil's advocate, for a comic book film, having a lot of obscure material in it may very well improve the longevity of the film as an audience might make an active effort to learn more about the material to recognise it on subsequent viewings, stimulating an interesting in the comic book industry. Profitability is the general motive in the choice to make a film franchise meant to span across a multitude of established properties.
>>
>>81284567
>Lex being a wiry, wavy-haired spaz who speaks like his every line came straight out of a 17 year-old shut-in's imaginary conversation with his bully.

For the inheritor of a petroleum company, who turned it into a leading tech giant, while still having a massive chip on his shoulder over some big 'ol, unresolved daddy issues, you might not be too far off the mark. There was an earlier thread from yesterday where it mentions two examples of a Lex being closer to the one we saw. Does anyone recall?
>>
>>81278179
What the fuck is Kino?
>>
>>81284638
>for no apparent reason
Make Superman doubt himself more, show his as a fraud and at the same time get his revenge on that one senator who wasn't having his bullshit, even going as far as taunt her before the explosion?

Yes, that's extremely petty and egotistical. We're talking about Lex here. Not there yet with the charisma and charm, but with all his ego and self-importance. You don't say know to Luthor.
>>
>>81278069
If pacing and flow aren't things you value in a movie you may have really enjoyed this.
>>
>>81280695
God forbid a character has growth.
>>
>>81272551
My god, just give it up. The movie was bad. It's not the end of the world, it doesn't make the characters any less interesting, and it doesn't shit on your personal taste.

Movies can be bad. This console wars bullshit is killing any possible enjoyment of comics, and turning everyone into a corporate apologist. Demand better media, don't settle for some half assed, over stuffed piece of shit just because it has a brand logo on it. Aren't you tired of being shit on and taken for granted as a fan?
>>
>>81284918
/tv/'s delusional meme of the month (quarter?)
>>
Max Landis has been involved with some bad movies in his time but man...if this was the follow up to Batman V superman. I think id be a great deal happier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygWvAqvTrVI
Cept the bit about wonder womans lethality. Not so big on killer warrior wonder woman.
>>
>>81284918
propping up an unremarkable film as a post-modern masterpiece
>>
>>81285261
>The movie was bad
Movie going experiences are subjective pal
>>
>>81285421
Jesus Christ, if you're going to debate the semantics of "bad" or "good" as a wholly subjective thing, then any possible criticism of anything goes out the window.
>>
>>81285469
You didn't make a criticism. You went on a rant about corperate something and not enjoying comics.
>>
>>81275314
How did this movie make people feel bad? The whole thing was about redemption.
>>
File: 1459356751144.png (96 KB, 467x520) Image search: [Google]
1459356751144.png
96 KB, 467x520
>>81286445
Because the entire movie was depressing. The tone was needlessly gritty, the visuals have the exact same problem as MoS in that everything looks like it's been through a filter, hell, even the overall quality is depressing due to how bad it is. "Nobody stays good forever". Really? That shouldn't be coming from fucking SUPERMAN. Anything even remotely positive was drowned out by the grimdark.
>>
>>81272551
Based on that logic every adaption of anything regardless of the medium should be impossible to understand without reading/watching the source material, can you imagine if when they adapted say, The Godfather for example and decided "Okay we're going to leave out a bunch of stuff and make other things very vague so unless people have read Mario Puzo's original novel it will be incomprehensible." By your logic they should do that with everything.
>>
>>81272551
If any movie or series requires the viewer to go through side-material or have absolute knowledge of source material which it is adapting to be not only understandable but also be called good, then it's not a good movie at all.
Also, when you reach the "only true fans" point, you just come off as a fanboy with too much bias to be taken seriously.
>>
File: shig.jpg (93 KB, 738x560) Image search: [Google]
shig.jpg
93 KB, 738x560
>>81272551
But that's retarded. Pieces of media (especially of mass media like blockbuster action films that NEED to make 1 billion to be profitable) are supposed to be self-contained, not so referential that only a small subset of the audience will appreciate them.

Really anything to blame this movie's failures to entertain the audience on anything but the movie itself.
>>
>>81274501
>Did you get the Superman was their only hope but they "killed" him?
You don't even need to watch the movie to get that, that's like the most obvious thing ever.
>>
>>81272551

>Not for normies

Normies fucking loved it. Fanboys and critics didn't.
>>
>>81283823
>retarded strawman comic treating Rt as objective ratings

jess
>>
>>81277666
>I want them to have to go support the industry and buy comics to understand it.
That's really not how logic works.
If they don't get it they'll conclude (correctly) that it was badly set up for them to understand, not that they have to read am undetermined amount of random DC comics to get it. And even if they did, trying to understand a movie they probably didn't like (partly because it didn't cater to them) isn't much of an incentive.
>>
>>81272551
>>81288084
>>81288142
i fucking loved it and i've been reading batman and superman for over 20 years so fuck off.

i love it didn't have origin stories. two minute or less explanations and on with the action.

finally a real comic book movie.
>>
File: 1413598865974.jpg (34 KB, 569x547) Image search: [Google]
1413598865974.jpg
34 KB, 569x547
>>81288209
You're right.

It doesn't take an RT score to tell that MoS is shit.
>>
>>81288399
Nobody said you couldn't like it, fag.

>finally a real comic book movie.
kek, and you come to that conclusion because it wasn't an origin story? Literally half of superhero films aren't origin stories.
>>
>>81288554
>half

all the sequels yea, still trying to hard not to be a comic book movie.

BvS was like watching late 80s comic books on screen, superb.
>>
>>81273946
Oh look Watchmen another botched job from the hands of Snyder.
>>
>>81280695
What would Batman do after the death of Robin if he didn't have Superman to calm him down?
>>
>>81284754
Anon wasn't asking why normie was used to refer to casuals, they were asking why people stopped jumping on fags usings "normie" instead of "normalfag." Normalfag would've left the post entirely the same, as both terms refer to the same thing.

It's a more recent term and was universally thought to be from reddit newfags, regardless of whether or not it was. It's like cuck, an example of the evolving nature of 4chan lingo to keep ahead of the treadmill of pissing people off. Nigger and fag just don't have the same punch anymore around here. Anon's not pleased that the terms receiving no comment, like all oldfags are by changes to 4chan in general.
>>
>>81288994
That's some serious delusion right here.
Snyder doesn't even like comic books.
>>
>>81272551
*tips fedora
>>
>>81274735

>dumb Mexicans and Chinks

I know is doing really good in Mexico, even the cast went to the premiere in Mexico City. But chinks?, i tought they dropped it hard.
>>
>>81276506
>did I get the obvious stuff
Yes I did, now we can only hope the mods stop sucking each other off and ban your shitposting ass so the quality of this place can improve
>>
http://io9.gizmodo.com/batman-v-superman-spoiler-faq-of-justice-1767720335
>>
>>81272551
>I love that this was "not for normies" the movie
It was the definition of casualized, are you serious?
>>
File: 1424070154084.jpg (81 KB, 259x383) Image search: [Google]
1424070154084.jpg
81 KB, 259x383
>>81274212
>Such entitlement. Much wow.
Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.