[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New pictures of Luke Cage were posted online. Here's a full
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 400x400
New pictures of Luke Cage were posted online. Here's a full shot of Simone Missick as Misty Knight.

I expected her hair to be more afroed, but Afro-puffed works too, I guess.

I wonder who they cast as Colleen.
>>
>>81272475
Not yet having her cybernetic arm implanted.
You still can put up hope she will don full afro later on, anon.
>>
>>81272586
Maybe the arm is still there.
>>
>>81272715
She'll get it later.
>>81272586
Nah, if she doesn't have it now, doubt she'll get it later.
>>
>>81272475
This a #blacklivesmatter protest?
>>
Think she'll appear in Iron Fist?
>>
>>81273039
She gets her arm fucked helping Cage with whatever he's up to, lying around in hospital rehab. No one is going to be there to do her hair. But maybe Fitz comes along with a new arm?
>>
>>81273206
She'll get it from Rand Industries. Bet ya five bucks. Netflixverse seems to be doing its best to separate itself from the Avengers. They don't even say there names. I would be extremely surprised if she gets her arm from Stark.
>>
>>81273323
*their
>>
>>81273039
Why not? It's not a particularly complicated backstory to adapt. Female cop loses arm doing something heroic and high profile. Tony Stark give cop a cybernetic arm as publicity stunt.

You can't even say it's unbelievable, since you had RDJ giving kids prosthetic arms in real life.
>>
>>81273383
What I'm saying is yes, she'll lose her arm, but I doubt we'll see her with her new one this season. Unless it's the tail end. Iron Fist or Luke Cage S2 seems much more likely.
>>
>>81272475
She is a cute.
A CUTE.
>>
>>81273206
Who said anything about Stark?
I was talking about AoS and they already had that crawl on the news about Hells Kitchen. She helps stop something SHIELD related and gets hurt in the process and they do her a solid. And Fitz or Coulson showing up for a quick hospital cameo seems more likely than RDJ.
>>
>>81273563
>I was talking about AoS
Ew. Leave that shit unconnected please.
>>
>>81273563
Oh, I know. I mention Rand Industries, because of the disconnect between the movie (and the ABC shows). I figured they'd want to keep it 'in house', considering The Defenders will have their own Billionaire on hand. Rand is also her soon to be love interest, so it's an easy way to seway them meeting.
>>
New pictures show Claire, too. She'll be appearing in every single one of The Defenders' shows. How do you think she'll factor into Danny's show?
>>
Where are the pics?
>>
>>81273975
I imagine Danny gets hurt and she patches him up.
>>
http://www.wearewakanda.com/post/141843458197/marvels-luke-cage-set-pics-netflix?utm_content=buffer68055&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
>>
>>81274041
I hope danny and claire hook up.
>>
>>81274050
For
>>81274013
>>
>>81274083
I can imagine some flirting after he breaks up with Misty. (There are on/off/on again.)

But, always though Misty was 'his first'. I'll like them to keep it that way.
>>
>>81272475
Looking good
>>
>>81273975
I think some of the leaked audition script suggested he might be in a mental hospital. Maybe he gets out, and she's one of the only people that believe him.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 385x209) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 385x209
On a scale of 1-10 how excited are you to finally see Danisty on screen?

>11
>>
>>81274491
8. Because I like what I've seen, but admittedly, I haven't really seen much. I keep meaning to go back and read some old comics about this team and this world/network of characters, but so far I haven't read much.
>>
>>81274647
I love the first run of Luke and Danny. Danny fought a fucking inter dimensional ninja!
>>
Can't wait for her to get WHITED.
>>
>>81275163
>WHITED
>Not FISTED
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 640x960
I still maintain Christina Chong would make a great Colleen Wing.
>>
>>81272475
Eh, not as hot as Dawson or Patton
>>
>>81275892
Patton?
>>
>>81276204
Hunky Agent Koenig
>>
>>81276260
Ah.
>>
>>81274647
Me too, really wanna read Heroes for Hire. Debating whether to read their solo runs first, then jump to the team up. But, I'll probably read the solos after. If I do.
>>
File: Luke Cage Vending Machine.jpg (73 KB, 441x434) Image search: [Google]
Luke Cage Vending Machine.jpg
73 KB, 441x434
>>81277200
>Debating whether to read their solo runs first, then jump to the team up. But, I'll probably read the solos after. If I do.
I'm definitely Going to read Luke Cage's solo run. Not gonna miss out on Luke vs. the Soda Machine
>>
>>81277466
>yfw you learn Danny isn't Luke's first white friend.
>>
>>81277620
Luke's cool. I guess I always assumed he had lots of Black and White friends.
>>
>>81272475
all the casting choices for netflix marvel except Luke Cage have seemed horrible to me.
>>
>>81277466
Wanna read the rest and/or more issues of Iron Fist. Read the first issue on here, his origin is brutal and hardcore. Wanna see how he copes in America. I know that's where Colleen is introduced, from the leaked casting list, looks like she's the female lead for Iron Fist.
>>
>>81277721
Really? I thought Charlie Cox seemed like a good Matt Murdock.
>>
>>81277721
You don't like Charlie Cox? Would you have preferred James Wolk?
>>
>>81277851
>>81277799
I guess he wasn't bad, although I hadn't read much of dd stuff before.
>>
>>81273850
But Rand industries in universe is more chemical than tech-based. They created the chemical that gave DD his powers. Also what's wrong with trying to connect to the movies? There have been plenty of Easter eggs and references before. It would make more sense for Stark to give her a cybernetic arm than Danny.
>>
File: PlumpWastefulBetafish.webm (2 MB, 1080x450) Image search: [Google]
PlumpWastefulBetafish.webm
2 MB, 1080x450
>>81272475

>Simone Missick as Misty Knight

Oof, couldn't they find a better looking Misty Knight?
>>
OT: But, fuck me, the AAIronFist has reached JKNews: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j3RC5RU6vv8

Doesn't surprise me, though considering most are AA, people probably asked them their opinions on it/for them to addresse it multiple times. This #AAIronFist thing is really gonna be latched on to Iron Fist/Danny isn't it?
>>
>>81275825
I maintain that is like to give Chong my wong
>>
>>81272586
>Daredevil gets his costume at the end of a season
>Punisher gets his skull at the end of a season
>Misty Knight gets an afro
Beautiful
>>
>>81272475

She looks... bland... boring. Ordinary. This show just seems to have a very weirdly bland vibe. Daredevil had a great gritty street vibe. Jessica Jones, when it had a distinct vibe, sort of felt like a night time soap or something.

This just seems like nothing. Shouldn't it sort of have a slight edge of over the top blacksploitation or something? I don't know, I mostly know old Cage through random shared pages, but it seems like this show should have some obvious personality to it, ya know?

This Misty looks like somebody's mother on a Nickelodeon show, not what I've seen of Misty Knight in comics.
>>
>>81278495
I didn't say anything was wrong, but unlike AoS they don't even say their names, or "The Battle if New York". IIRC it's refered to as "The Incident". It's like the are trying to separate them as much as possible. Compared to the ABC shows they are very much on the peripheral.
>>
>>81278516
She's cute as fuck, take your quadroon bitch elsewhere uncle tom.
>>
>>81278679
>This just seems like nothing. Shouldn't it sort of have a slight edge of over the top blacksploitation or something? I don't know, I mostly know old Cage through random shared pages, but it seems like this show should have some obvious personality to it, ya know?
Agreed. Luke in the teaser the released is wearing a dull-colored hoodie or something. It can't be his old costume, cause that's pretty dated, but I wish he wore something a little more flashy.
>>
>>81278547
Kek, although hers will most likely be the arm.
>>
>>81278516
DAYUM...I would risk being disowned to have delicious caramel babies with her
>>
>>81278721

Last episode of Shield was reference city. It was fun to have that stuff stated and talked about outright. I really do like and miss that stuff. Even if we don't have actors crossing over, having references are just... fun. Just fun. Can't we have fun?

Me typing the word fun a lot aside, I think it's interesting to get views on other events from characters who weren't involved, who have also been built up in their own shows and such.
>>
>>81278679
>This Misty looks like somebody's mother on a Nickelodeon show
Signed.

I kinda feel like Misty should have a bit more bitchface, because she's this hardcore badass cyborg PI, you know?
>>
>>81279080
Sure, of course references are fun. Just saying The Netflixverse are pretty light with theirs.
>>
>>81279252
I'm sure she will in the show. This is a still. An out of context smiling still. We won't know why she's smiling until we watch the show, or more information is given out and we can piece it together ourselves.

She's got to have impressed during her audition. If her Ray Donovan episode and show reels are anything to go by, we'll see that portrayal.
>>
>>81279375
>The Netflixverse are pretty light with theirs.
That's because the Netflixverse, cleverly, seems to be carving out their corner of the MCU, with token references to the wider movieverse and Agents of SHIELD, while hiding their own Easter eggs like Stilt-Man, Zodiac, and Bullseye to play on later, and cross-threading the Netflix show elements between shows. It's not falling into the same trap early AoS made by fellating the Movie MCU so much it's barely it's own thing.
>>
>>81279767
I like the more subtle approach, allows them to make their mark, before they add anything heavier. Because, of that I think her receiving her arm from Stark Industries is highly unlikely. (Didn't Jess's dad work for the company? Wasn't mentioned in the show.)
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.