[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/co/ can you recommend me some "fun" comics? You
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: Chrononauts_01-1.png (166 KB, 477x734) Image search: [Google]
Chrononauts_01-1.png
166 KB, 477x734
/co/ can you recommend me some "fun" comics?

You know, stories that don't take themselves too seriously with every theme they try to shove down your pie hole. They can be from any genre as long as they're simple and good ol time to read.

Examples of shit I'm looking for: Pic related, Uncle Creepy, Invincible, World War Kaiju etc.
>>
>>81269827
>Invincible
>fun
>>
Jack Staff
Miami Vice Remix
The Cowboy Wally Show and Plastic Man by Kyle Baker, the latter in particular even has a final story arc that makes fun of serious comic moments.
Remake
Afrodisiac and Street Angel
Infinite Kung Fu
>>
>>81269883
It's SUPER fun. Think of the plot of any invincible arc and you'll realise how fun it is.
>>
>>81269827
Chrononauts is so horribly fucking shit.

Why does Murphy constantly choose to work on shit stories.
>>
>>81270350
The one about mark's was especially fun
>>
>>81270008
Also world's funnest got a recent trade, penned by evan dorkin and has an all star cast of artists including david mazzucchelli pulling off a great jack kirby impersonation
>>
File: Lopper01.jpg (533 KB, 630x974) Image search: [Google]
Lopper01.jpg
533 KB, 630x974
Head Lopper is a lot of fun. Simple fantasy adventuring with a badass hero.
>>
>>81270482
because Millar = money from name alone.
>>
>>81270658
Not necessarily that, Millar actually pays his artists very well because he can given that he's a film producer now, they also get money from the adaptations of his comics.
>>
>>81270482
I liked Chrononauts. Seeing Danny Reilly kick Morrissey out of the Smiths was hilarious. Murphy's art is amazing as always.

It might not have been incredibly deep, but it was fun and engaging and has a good happy ending. I don't get what's supposed to be so bad about it.
>>
dungeons and dragons by john rogers
>>
File: WMD.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
WMD.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>81269827
Where Monsters Dwell is a fun read.

It might seem like there's something they might try to shove down your throat, but there really isn't. Everyone is horrible. They're all assholes, male and female.
>>
>>81270008
>Miami Vice Remix
As much as I like it, the lsd artstyle gets to be too much for me sometimes

>>81269827
DC's Blue Devil and Red Hood & The Outlaws
>>
File: JSA-01-00-FC.jpg (207 KB, 800x1225) Image search: [Google]
JSA-01-00-FC.jpg
207 KB, 800x1225
Asterix
Badger
Madman/The Atomics
Justice Society of America
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.