[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does a cartoon need to have things like continuity and an overreaching
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1450055344996.png (446 KB, 935x510) Image search: [Google]
1450055344996.png
446 KB, 935x510
Does a cartoon need to have things like continuity and an overreaching plot in order to be truly great?
>>
>>81268780
No
>>
>>81268780
Nah, but it does help the audience stay interested I guess. So there's that.
>>
Do Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies cartoons have both of those?
>>
>>81268780
No, but is a thing you can complain on /co/ if more than 3 cartoons do it
>>
>>81268780
Only cartoons that "try hard to be anime" would need those. And even with those, most fail miserably.
>>
>>81268780
Not necessarily, but if you're going to include one, you'd better be damned good at it, otherwise you'll crash and burn. If you can do it well, however, your work will be lauded as a fucking masterpiece (see: Gargoyles, Avatar: The Last Airbender, the DCAU).
>>
>>81268931
99% of animes have shit continuity (99,5% with a shit ending) and in most of then "continuity" just means: "the character gained nem powers from magic training and the monster of the week fight lasted more than 30 episodes".
>>
>>81268780
No. Speaking of this I can't think of any good recent cartoons that can do this
>>
>>81268780
No and the only people who say that are baiting. Stop being retarded.
>>
>>81268834
Nobody cares about that ancient shit, John K.

The writing sucked.
>>
>>81268780
No, but it's self-contained plots need to be collectively brilliant.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.