[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If the Wayne family wasn't rich, would Bruce have been able
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: forbes.jpg (379 KB, 700x924) Image search: [Google]
forbes.jpg
379 KB, 700x924
If the Wayne family wasn't rich, would Bruce have been able to accomplish anything?
>>
>>81261109
If Bruce was poor he just would have been the Punisher.

Except y'know knocking people out and being generally ineffective.

Okay so, if Bruce was poor he just would have been Daredevil.
>>
File: 1.jpg (61 KB, 1023x550) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
61 KB, 1023x550
>>81261109
His parents wouldn't have been shot.

Or he'd build Wayne tech from the ground
>>
>>81261359
Daredevil at least has powers. If Bruce was poor and even still managed to travel abroad to be trained by ninjas, he would've been just a Shang-Chi type.
>>
They probably wouldn't have gotten gunned down if they didn't cut through crime alley wearing fancy suits and expensive Jewellery in the first place.
>>
>>81261423
>only rich people get shot
>>
>>81261109
He'd still have finished his ninja training, he went off the grid for that. He would have probably died much earlier without top of the line prototype gadgets and body armor and an armored car. The Batman would have been more like a horror movie villain.

>>81261359
Matt's a high profile lawyer though. In the comics at least. He's been poor a couple of times but he's also had the money to buy a private New York brownstone with a complete gym and sensory deprivation chamber and a grappling hook billy club. He's not billionaire rich but he does well for himself.
>>
>>81261109

So Stan Lee's Batman?
>>
>>81261443
He'd have magic kung fu that let him beat up people with superpowers?
>>
>>81261514
>Batman makes his fortune being a top star in pro wrestling

Fund it.
>>
>>81261462
Normal people get mugged, too.
>>
>>81261539
Shang-Chi has magic? I thought the magic aspect of Kung Fu was solely Iron Fist's department. Shit, I know nothing about Shang.
>>
>>81261462
> Bruce Wayne's parents were killed by sheer cooincedence
>>
>>81261585
>Bruce Wayne's parents were killed as part of some widespread conspiracy and not a random act of criminal violence

I fucking hate retcons like these.
>>
>>81261585
Having them killed by a hit undermines Batman's concept. The whole point of having some nameless thug kill his parents - with no pomp and circumstance - is a major part of his character.
>>
>>81261560
>>81261585
They do, but Them cutting through Crime Alley dressed to the 9's might have also played an extra factor in it. It's lik how walking around with my Edge makes me more of a target than If I had a Nokia brick. Sure, some crackhead might beat me up either way but having a nice ass phone in your hand is certainly riskier,
>>
>>81261709
>they were asking for it
>>
>>81261109
He would learn boxing, make some money by working really hard, and then go on adventures with the small amount of money from his wins. Eventually he would learn about magic and become some sort of crimefighting boxer-magician I'd guess.
>>
>>81261109
Yeah, he would've just taken a decade to earn a fortune first.
>>
>>81261616
Nah, it's great.
>>
>>81262204
Nah, it really isn't.
>>
>>81262204
>>81262216
It works better for Terry IMO because they have the success of the original Batman as a precedent.
>>
>>81262204
For people with shit taste, it's fantastic.
>>
File: hobo arrow.jpg (671 KB, 1226x1244) Image search: [Google]
hobo arrow.jpg
671 KB, 1226x1244
>>81261109
green arrow made it work in kev smiths quiver, and red son batman is a low tech revolutionary who finances he's crusade by stealing from the soviet government so hobo batman could work
>>
>>81261495
Poor people don't go to the opera.
>>
>>81265545
Checkmate. Well done.
>>
>>81261109
There is bunch of poor Batman-style vigilantes, so I think yeah, he'd pull it off.
>>
he'd probably be batman full time. there's no alfred to care for him, there's no family legacy to preserve, no robin.
he'd fund himself with money ripped off from penguin, falcone, etc,
for equipment, a lot more hand built stuff, batmobile is some customised suv, none of the fancier toys, maybe a few odds and ends stolen from lexcorp, kord industries, the military.
the cave would be some long forgotten subway side tunnel, probably been raided a couple of times because he doesn't have the tech to keep it hidden.
what he lacks in resources, he makes up for with dedication. without needing to maintain his cover, he spends more time honing his skills, running down leads, going undercover as matches.
might have been invited to the league once, but left because he thinks that having a civilian life is half-assing being a hero.
he runs missions for waller in exchange for information, but she keeps him away from the squad after he beat the shit out of the one's he'd encountered before.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.