[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jennifer Lawrence Seems To Have Changed Her Tune About Returning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 17
File: 132811.jpg (13 KB, 590x350) Image search: [Google]
132811.jpg
13 KB, 590x350
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men/x-men_apocalypse/jennifer-lawrence-seems-to-have-changed-her-tune-about-a132811

>Several of the main cast members' (including Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy and Nicholas Hoult) contracts will be up, and Jennifer Lawrence seemed to show little interest in reprising the role of Mystique in a past interview - in fact she flat out stated that this would be her “last one, sadly”

>Well, perhaps her experiences shooting this latest X-flick changed her mind, because now she sounds only too happy to return for another run in the blue paint. “I am dying to come back,” the Academy Award winner tells Empire “I love these movies, I love being in them. I love ensemble movies because it’s not on anyone’s shoulders."

>yfw
>>
Do you think it's easier for actors in ensemble films?

It seems like less filming for each individual member.
>>
Fuck her. Mystique can be played by anyone.
>>
I hope she doesn't return.
>>
Well in First Class it took 8 hours for all the makeup. DofP took 3 hours and in Apocalypse she made some deal that she wants to be in the blue form as little as possible.

Meh. Anyone can really play Mystique.
>>
File: wally reading.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
wally reading.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>81258619
>I love ensemble movies because it’s not on anyone’s shoulders.
Impressive, she manages to sneak some laziness in!
>>
Is she really that desperate ?
>>
JUST LIKE US
>>
Needs more delicious blue ass.
>>
File: 1389306398422.jpg (27 KB, 567x378) Image search: [Google]
1389306398422.jpg
27 KB, 567x378
>>81258619
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydxIeO-2C2M
>>
>>81258619
>now that I don't have to don the make-up and can just put on a shitty costume AND I get away with putting in no effort whatsoever, I love these movies
Alternatively, no one else wanted to have her.
>>
>>81258725
Hunger Games are done and she's too old to be in teenage dystopian future movies anymore. She isn't the hot new star in Hollywood anymore. Her name alone doesn't bring people out to her non-Hunger Game movies.

I'd be desperate to stay attached to a franchise like X-men as long as possible too
>>
>>81258619
Maybe she just had some shit going on in her life that made her neurotic at the time?
>>
>>81258619
that's some bad greenscreen
>>
The check must have just cleared.
>>
>>81258641
Easier, good networking, and good for promoting your career (cross promotional).

You'd have to be a real egotistical idiot not to do it.
>>
Do people honestly like JLaw? She's so dull and not really anymore attractive than any other actress her age.
>>
Honestly the other lady who played mystique was sexy af. J-law looks like dirt as mystique, isn't that great of an actress, and has zer0 sex appeal
>>
Thank shit.
>>
File: bronn.gif (571 KB, 500x274) Image search: [Google]
bronn.gif
571 KB, 500x274
>>81258831
>captcha: STOP
>>
>>81258690
>Well in First Class it took 8 hours for all the makeup.
No shit?
>>
>>81258967
She appeals to the Tumblr crowd. Shes shoot quirky and is always being clumsy and tripping at award shows XD She's just like meee!
>>
>>81258912
Yeah pretty much this.

People are pretty obvious to be honest.
>>
>>81259047
I'm sure she got shit breaks.
>>
>>81259077
Let me live in my fantasy, where she mustn't move at all while they're painting.
Still, that's fuckload of time.
>>
>>81258967

I honestly like her when she has a good director on-hand. She's got a bit of Colin Farrell Syndrome where if she doesn't care about the material it's incredibly obvious and distracting, and she needs to stop working with David O Russell because they each bring out the other's absolute worst tics and tendencies and it's a fucking nightmare to watch.

But I still like her overall as an actress.
>>
JUST
US
>>
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 520x755) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 520x755
>>81258979
Based Rebecca
>>
>>81258967

Kinda but not really.
>>
>>81259095
God invented Netflix and Gameboys for a reason.
>>
>I don't want to play this shitty character in anymore of these shitty movies
You can be the main character, main focus, and team leader
>I just love doing these films with everyone else!
>>
>>81259174
I sort of resent this scaly and slicked hair look, I think it looks like shit, but it became so iconic in the minds of the regular public that at this point there's no changing it.
>>
>>81259061
That's funny cause they hate her on tumblr.
>>
Maybe she just doesn't care about the makeup because everyone already saw her naked
>>
>>81259228
More like
>I don't want to play this shitty character in anymore of these shitty movies
Hunger Games is over and your relevancy as either a popular draw with young demographics or a critical darling it's plummeting fast, even your latest Oscar bait got scoffed at by the Academy
>I just love doing these films with everyone else!
>>
She can see the writing on the wall

She has three more years at best before they move on to the next edition of America's Sweetheart™
>>
whatever, take another 100 pictures of your tits and snatch you shit whore.
>>
after realizing she cannot physically age and will forever have the face of a child that nobody can take seriously, she has to fall back on comic book superhero movies where her goofy face and body can be hidden by makeup
>>
>>81258619
Boooooooooooo
>>
>>81258619
JLaw: master of trolling
>>
>>81259343
It's already happened. Everyone is a about Daisy Ridley or however you spell it. Plus she can actually act unlike Lawrence who always acts in the same vapid manner
>>
>>81258725
She is just saying that because she is supposed to be promoting the movie.
>>
Does it mean that the movie will be so good that she wants to stay for more money?
>>
>>81259751
America's Sweetheart has to actually be American
>>
>>81258619
I bet, now that she no longer has a Hunger Games franchise to rely on, she needs a moneymaker.
>>
>>81259843
She's white, most of America will assume she's American. They aren't that smart of a country.
>>
>>81259868
Yeah, I suppose that's better than most of Britain assuming she's a kaffir
>>
>>81259343
Also hasn't it pretty much been confirmed that she's a huge bitch?

Wasn't she the one that was making fun of the foreign reporter who was having to use his phone to translate for him?
>>
>>81259224
The last gameboy came out 13 years ago, anon. They're called 3DSes now.

>>81259061
Tumblr turned on her (as they are apt to do) when she scolded a guy for reading his phone during an award ceremony and it turned out the guy was ESL and using it for translations. At the very least in this case it doesn't seem like she was blatantly pandering to them to begin with, so she probably doesn't care as much as some of the other people Tumblr has turned on.
>>
>>81259868
But America is the smartest country on Earth when it comes to one subject: celebrities
>>
>>81259868

Yeah the only thing that's different is her accent, which means jack shit in modern Holywood, half the time actors with accents have to hide it and ones without have to put on a fake one.
>>
>>81259888
She's pretty full of herself and people are over it, they openly make fun of her "Just like us" routine now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zvlf3TvVGck
>>
>>81259888
She wants trying to be quirky and spontaneous and it bit her in her ass when she came across as a huge thundercunt.
>>
>>81258619
First good news of the day, thanks OP.
>>
>>81259917
>With accents have to hide it
>without have to put on a fake one

...Those are both the same thing.
>>
>>81258619
How the fuck is he going to be the Nightcrawler's mother?

please tell me movies will not pull an Age of Ultron Scarlet Witch on us
>>
File: Mystique feet.jpg (39 KB, 1352x584) Image search: [Google]
Mystique feet.jpg
39 KB, 1352x584
>>81259174
My negro
>>
>>81259921
>Being mocked by Ariana Grande

I ALMOST feel sorry for her, but I guess it's appropriate for a flash in the pan starlet to be making fun of another.
>>
>>81258619
>“I am dying to come back,”
GOD DAMN IT

WE WERE SO CLOSE, SO CLOSE!!!!!!!!
>>
>>81259978
1- They're probably going to be unrelated in the movies
2- Nightcrawler seems to be not much older than 20, and that matches with how much time ago Mystique met Azazel
3- She's a shapeshifter and insecure about her looks, of course she wouldn't appear to be past 40 like she is
>>
>>81258619
>Academy Award winner
What? When? Why?
>>
>>81260020
>She's a shapeshifter and insecure about her looks
>>
File: Serious Sam.jpg (23 KB, 599x334) Image search: [Google]
Serious Sam.jpg
23 KB, 599x334
>>81258751
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA yourself!
>>
>>81260027
Best actress for Silver Linings Playbook, which is essentially a shitty romcom, but since her character has a mental illness (That causes her to be a slut, apparently), that's Oscar material.
>>
>>81260086
>her character has a mental illness (That causes her to be a slut, apparently)
Sexlexia
>>
>>81259921
Fuck their voice is similar.
>>
>>81260096
That's the joke.
>>
>>81260086
>>81260095
>The Fappening was actually a biopic
>>
Getting desperate after the Hunger Games flop.
>>
>>81260194
The Hungry Gays flopped?
>>
>>81260298
The last (half of the) movie did.
>>
>>81260315
So the zombie flicks flopped, the shitty YA adaptions flopped, the only thing left are the superhero movies.
>>
>>81260355
and that's not dying anytime soon thanks to marvel and deadpool.

maybe suicide squad, but who knows.
>>
>>81260393
The only thing that would make this whole BvS fiasco any more hilarious would be for Marvel to flop too.
Can you imagine the shitstorm?
>>
>>81260393
Jai Courtney knows, that fucker is poison.
>>
>>81260442
That would be hilarious. But it's really hard for Marvel to fail now, now that they have nailed the formula to their product. DC is still struggling to find theirs.

>>81260446
I think it's also funny how he seem to be one of the best parts of that movie.
>>
>>81260046
Sorry. I meant to say, it's the legendary black beast of
http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/56fbe7b007cc1-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.php
>>
>>81260578
>I think it's also funny how he seem to be one of the best parts of that movie.
Yeah, that's true he does. I prefer "Oh, I've got a beer!" to "I'm ca-razy! XD"
>>
>>81260446
>The movie comes out and, predictably, Boomer is the best thing about it
>People hate him anyway because of the Courtney Curse
>Normies now hate Boomer and the character is poison by affiliation

This is not the future I chose.
>>
Just do what they did in Avatar.

Mocap her and then replace her with a CGI character in the final product.
>>
>>81258690
>in Apocalypse she made some deal that she wants to be in the blue form as little as possible.

Is this really true or some made up /co/ meme
>>
>>81258722
She is like a regular girl
>>
>>81258619
>we will never be free
FUCK
>>
Why does this woman trigger co so much?

cant you take these movies as an alternate universe, like Age of Apocalypse in which Sabretooth, Wild Child and many other villains were good?

I am totally fine with Mystique being a hero, and Jennifer Lawrence. Both First class and Days of the future past were good movies.
>>
>>81262653
She almost killed 4chan!
>>
>>81260635
It's been all over the Hollywood insider gossip sites. Doesn't mean it's true, doesn't mean it's her, but she's conspicuously pale skinned in all the promotional material and clips.

I don't blame her, but it's annoying considering how "being in her own skin" was a major plot for her character.
>>
Goddammit, we were so close to getting rid of both of the screen hogs in these movies.
>>
>>81262653
Some people think she's overrated, but most people got pissy when she talked about women in Hollywood.

I think she's a good and good looking actress.
>>
Mystique is cancer anyway.
>>
>>81262653
I like her as an actress fine enough (though lately she's been acting like a right cunt in real life, which can be annoying) and while those films WERE good, she was the weak link in them as far as I'm concerned. She's just not a good fit for Mystique.
>>
>>81259751
>Daisy Ridley
>act

I'll reserve judgement until the next Star Wars film comes out, but I don't think she'll ever have her own "Winter's Bone" to fall back one.
>>
>>81263021

Well, youre half right
>>
What crazy things will she do next?
>>
>>81260635
There's a limit to how much you can mess around with latex. It's not pleasant stuff to be exposed to long term or in large quantities like this.

>>81258619
If she straight up said at this stage that she wasn't coming back they'd focus on that and she'd make a lot of people unhappy, and potentially be all that anybody talked about for the duration of the press tour.

Whether she works with them on X-Men movies in future is immaterial, because either way she's going to have to work with at least some of them again.

I wouldn't read a great deal into either this or her earlier statements. None of it's particularly important, people say all kinds of stuff and get taken out of context.
>>
File: 1453675347222.jpg (83 KB, 1272x719) Image search: [Google]
1453675347222.jpg
83 KB, 1272x719
>>81258619
It's because she knows that she can do this role without giving two shits about her performance, get paid a fortune, and get praise from people who think she's actually a good Mystique.
That being said... We were so close to getting rid of her. So. Fucking. Close.
>>
File: giphy.gif (448 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
448 KB, 500x375
>>
>>81258725
>>81258799

>Jennifer Lawrence
>Desperate

She gets scripts for a guaranteed Oscar-nominated role hand delivered to her by the director at this point. She sure as shit isn't "desperate" for work. They're probably offering her a shit ton of money to continue being in the films while her role in them gets smaller and smaller as the ensemble expands.
>>
>>81260096
Ariana Grande is surprisingly good at impressions of people.
>>
File: 1.jpg (263 KB, 753x1129) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
263 KB, 753x1129
She probably sucked singers dick just to end up in this flick.

Olivia is the best X-girl
>>
>tfw Mystique is a background character but because JLaw has become popular they're pushing Mystique to be a central character in this new movie
>>
>>81258619
She knows her attitude is slowly killing her career, so of course she wants to stick to capeshit.

>>81263885
But what you do in these cases if you only want money is show disinterest so that the guys in the suits put more money in the table.
>>
>>81264012
Eww, why would Singer want that? She's a girl.
>>
>>81260086
Bradley Cooper was actually good in that. She was just being a bitch. She shouldn't be given an award unless she's actually acting in a role.
>>
I mean other than the next David O. Russel film what else does she have?
>>
People who think she's a washed up has been are fooling themselves.

She already has an Academy Award, God knows how many leading roles to her name and millions in the bank. She could coast through the rest of her career if she wanted to, which seems to be what Mystique is allowing her to do. It's an ensemble that lets her show up, do a few scenes and do them largely makeup free now that production is catering to her. And it all nets her a nice fat sack of cash.

She's set for life.
>>
>>81264123
She has that movie where she and Chris Pratt awake early from a cryosleep in the middle of a space travel by Morten Tyldum, the guy from The Immitation Game, a biopic of a female war photographer with Spielberg and is primed for the next Darren Aronofsky project, not half bad as far as Oscar bait goes, honestly.
>>
>>81258619
Sounds more like her manager gave her better prep as to how to respond in interviews. Her first interview seems like she was simply unsure if she would get a contract renewal at that point.
>>
>>81258619
shes a miserable cunt and people are starting to realize it

https://youtu.be/2Ly5RvAtsO0?t=5m3s

the guy cant speak english if you couldnt figure it out
>>
>>81264366
It was really telling that they only cut to her at the Oscars during her nomination shots.
>>
>>81264366
Damn she's a fucking bitch.
>>
>>81264012
I wonder if the story about her picking the costume to be more true to the comics is real.
>>
I think JLaw has fallen in with agents/a crowd that really don't have her best interests at heart. Not sure if Winter's Bone/SLP Jennifer Lawrence is ever going to come back.
>>
File: aaron%20rodgers.jpg (61 KB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
aaron%20rodgers.jpg
61 KB, 680x510
>>81264012
Maybe not Munn, but someone else.
>>
Maybe I can finally watch the movies now.
>>
>>81258967
She's literally Felicity but in real life and not smart at all.
>>
>>81264012
Singer wouldn't want that. She doesn't look like a 10 year old boy.
>>
>>81259888
She lied about how much she gets paid in movies to get sympathy for muh wimmin wage gap and it got brushed away by the media too.
>>
>>81259343
>>81259751
I think it's both of these things
>>
Isn't she like the main character now?
>>
>>81259140
>She's got a bit of Colin Farrell Syndrome where if she doesn't care about the material it's incredibly obvious and distracting,
Just like Natalie Portman.
>>
>>81267196

>Why am I getting paid less than the lead actor?! I WON AN OSCAR!
>>
>>81268049
I had a feeling all those awards, acclaim, and money inflated her young ego to bitchy cunt levels.
>>
File: jubs.jpg (162 KB, 719x1112) Image search: [Google]
jubs.jpg
162 KB, 719x1112
>>81265506
>I wonder if the story about her picking the costume to be more true to the comics is real.

Im willing to believe it is given how hard the pushed black leather on literally everyone.

From what Ive seen of the behind the scenes stuff Munn is really given this role a good effort. Rather respectable honestly.
>>
>>81264012
I disliked her, but she won my respect for that. Too bad she fucked her face up on the butcher's table.
>>
>>81260001
I seriously don't see how can people hate her.
I find her so endearing.
>>
>>81269819
It's because she said some things about women's righs.
that triggers people here in the backwoods of the net.
>>
>>81262987
>I don't blame her

Oh, fuck off. As if sitting on your ass for a couple of hours is hard work. Not to mention she gets millions for that shit.
>>
File: JUST.jpg (783 KB, 2000x3000) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
783 KB, 2000x3000
>>81264012
>>
>>81259901
Huh. I'm surprised the HAES fuckers didn't get to her first.
Considering she's pudgy for your average Hollywood actress but still relatively skinny, her whole "teehee I like food, I'm kind of fat, just like you! lol where's the pizza lol" shtick is probably causing more damage and insecurity to the actually fat girls she's trying to pander to.

The fat acceptance hambeasts can die in a fire for all I care but I do agree that's kind of irresponsible.
>>
>>81267142
I'm sure she used her superior acting skills to convince him.
>>
>>81258619
And here we thought fatty and the muties was done.
>>
>>81259256
Yeah, its really gross
I mean, I guess thats the point, because MUTIE STRONK
>>
>>81260315
Thank god, but I'm sure that hasnt killed all the prequel sequels planned
>>
>>81268439
>>81265506
Don't worry, it wasn't for love of the comics. She just wanted to have sex appeal because she's an attention whore
>>
>>81258619
Thank god, she's a shit actress who lucked out by being in a popular film franchise. She wasn't even good in those.
>>
>>81269982
she's allergic to the paint
>>
>>81273307

Hey it's still more effort than Jlaw's willing to put into being an attention whore.
>>
Why do people hate her so much? She was OK as Mystique in the two movies...
>>
>>81263885
Kek what is the Fappening? What is she hasnt gotten a single major role since then that she wasnt locked into already?
>>
File: 1453004045751.jpg (169 KB, 902x698) Image search: [Google]
1453004045751.jpg
169 KB, 902x698
>>81258619
>in fact she flat out stated that this would be her “last one, sadly”
THANK GOD
>now she sounds only too happy to return for another run in the blue paint. “I am dying to come back,” the Academy Award winner tells Empire “I love these movies, I love being in them. I love ensemble movies because it’s not on anyone’s shoulders."

GOD DAMN IT
I can't win. The minute I show joy or pleasure in something Fate takes it away from me.
>>
>>81273545
she's a shit actress
>>
>>81273307
>she's an attention whore

Yes and?

I mean its been literally her whole career.
>>
>>81258619
It's because she's already a washed up actress. She had her moment in the sun with The Hunger Games, but now that's past no one really gives a shit about her anymore. X-Men is all she has.
>>
>>81260086
/pol/ was right.
>>
>>81258619
Why does the Mystique makeup from the first X-Men look 100% better than this shit?
>>
>>81273342
She was damned good in Winter's Bone. Maybe a fluke?
>>
>>81274421
Because Lawrence keeps complaining, and the makeup team keep having to find workarounds.
>>
>>81259901
To be fair, what she did was a real bitch move.
>>
>>81274496
Nah, she was good in Silver Linings Playbook too. She just ended up in these Cape films, and keeps coming back to phone it in for the paycheck while she does other things she cares about.
>>
>>81262653
She's the underachiever teacher's pet that doesn't let others shine. People who want to watch their favorite actual X-Men get screen time, or just shlick it to Fassbender/McAvoy have a right to complain about how much screen time the cow takes.
>>
>>81258619
good
>>
>>81274421
Because Romjin is a babe and a pleasure to work with, JLaw is a cow and a bitch.
Also>>81273427
Professional make-up is so fucking vast you can replicate Rebecca's look with entirely hypoallergenic, zero-cruelty vegan make-up for faggoty hipster actresses, what make-up artists can't overcome is the whore sitting in front of them being a chore and production telling you to make her happy.
>>
>>81258619
FFFFUUUUUUCCCCKKKKK! God fucking damn it.
>>
>>81262653
She's the Justin Bieber of Hollywood actresses.

She landed an enormous break and got it into her head that it was her talent that got her famous, rather than her looks and the perfect casting.

I mean shit, the Hunger Games reads like it was written by some pre-teen abuse victim. Katniss is a wooden, boring, dry, cuntish protagonist. And lo and behold, a wooden, boring, dry, cuntish actress happens to be cast for the part.

She's only now realizing that her acting skills are terrible. She's throwing a tantrum in the worst way and it's going to end up with her drugged out and dead or holed up in rehab.
>>
>>81267073
How? You don't like her and she has tits? Is there any other reason?
>>
>>81275126
She's insufferable like you, faggot.
>>
>>81275231
Thanks for clearing that up buddy! Anything you don't like is felicity. Cool.
>>
>>81275306
Shut the fuck up Felicity.
>>
File: 1457133067501.png (454 KB, 407x578) Image search: [Google]
1457133067501.png
454 KB, 407x578
You're a big girl
>>
>>81270080
I don't get it.
>>
File: mao and lmao.jpg (19 KB, 550x343) Image search: [Google]
mao and lmao.jpg
19 KB, 550x343
>mfw she becomes the leader of the new mutants
>>
>>81275359
Ha! I get it
>>
>>81269982
It's not a "couple". I said I don't blame her, not that I think she should get out of it.
>>
>>81275463
>5'7''
No, she's not.
>>
>>81264012
>lube suit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgS7nfdRMC8

muh dik
Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.