[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thoughts on the potential of a new movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 1296193132929.jpg (805 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1296193132929.jpg
805 KB, 1280x1024
thoughts on the potential of a new movie?
>>
File: noooooooo.png (648 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
noooooooo.png
648 KB, 900x1200
>>81252479
Well, it hasn't been cancelled yet so I guess it's a little more than "potential".

I'm excited. As long as they actually try this time instead of the shit show they came up with last time. I don't want to wait until 2020 though B/ If GL's not in either Justice League movie ( Flash movie? Maybe? ) I'm gonna be pissed.
>>
>>81252479
That thread where people determined Blazing Saddles as green lanterns is the best plot idea I've heard for a movie.
>>
anything greeen
>>
>>81252613
well......... I got good news for you, guy
>>
>>81252479
I think green lantern is a really shitty character and they shouldn't even bother. Specially if it's Hal Jordan.
>>
The Wachowskis work for Warner Bros. Have them adapt Green Lantern Rebirth with the same structure they made Cloud Atlas. Then you could introduce the entire Green Lantern mythos to the DCEU in one movie.
>>
>>81252713
They are mentally ill.
>>
>>81252479
The DCEU will probably be cancelled by then.
BvS needs to make 800 billion dollars to break even or it's a bomb. And Suicide Squad is gonna bomb because critics and audiences hate the DC universe now. Also, SJW websites and critics will hate SS Harley Quinn and call her sexist which will spread across all the news stations and leave a horrible black spot on WB.
It's Dead, Jim
>>
>>81252479
I want it to be good because I love space opera and Green Lantern. I just hope WB does right by it this time. That's really all we can hope for, right?
>>
When will the cape bubble pop
>>
>>81252479
>green lantern CORPS
it'll be a clusterfuck mess like BvS
if they decided to make multiple flashbacks of green lanterns cause normies dont know which is which and only know if its green its green lantern
if they didnt do flashbacks no one will literally know which is which
>>
>>81253011
>BvS needs to make 800 billion dollars to break even
I think you meant million.

Regardless, that was WB's biggest mistake. 800 million is an incredible return on investment for any other movie. Disney just had a huge hit with TFA, which had a 1000% return on investment, but that's to be expected. Star Wars is a guaranteed hit, every single Star Wars movie to date has made money.

If WB expects to get those sorts of returns on BvS, they are out of their fucking minds.
>>
>>81253039
Capes will go the way of westerns.
>>
>>81252970
Back to /pol/ with with you fuckwit.
>>
>>81253226
It will make a clean billion and warners will be laughing at critics.
>>
>>81252589
I know GL is supposed to be drawn eyeless here for stylistic drama, but the way his hair criss-crosses his face I can't help but see him as having little X's for eyes.
>>
>>81253300
No they won't.

The reason that Westerns were so common back in the day was that they were cheap and simple to make. Get some costumes and some horses, take a two hour drive out to the desert and make a movie.

There's too much money now in the superhero game for them to up and disappear.

>>81253348
I'm sure it will, but that might not even be enough for Warners' shareholders to be convinced to keep the DCEU going. They want money, lots of money, and WB wants to keep them happy.

>>81253316
I don't know if he was necessarily referring to Lana there, Anon. He could have just been reffering to the fact that the Wachowski's last few movies have played out like pseudo-intellectual Joel Schumacher fever dreams.
>>
>>81253441
They are both trannies now, look it up
>>
>>81253837
I know. That's precisely why I told you to take your bigoted, ignorant, intolerant ass back to /pol/ and never come back.
>>
>>81253441
>He could have just been reffering to the fact that the Wachowski's last few movies have played out like pseudo-intellectual Joel Schumacher fever dreams.
What. Okay, Jupiter Ascending was bad, but Cloud Atlas is the best film of the decade.
>>
>>81253441
>that might not even be enough for Warners' shareholders to be convinced to keep the DCEU going.
Just like when Paramount shareholders put the kibosh on Transformers, right?

Oh wait
>>
>>81254178
Yeah, this kind of blind marveldroning is just sad to watch.
>>
Only if it's a Guy Gardner movie.
>>
>>81253837
Andy too? I thought it was just Larry.
>>
>>81252479
new movie will star a new green lantern.
John Stewart- he was the only one that wasn't a massive whiny cunt most of the time.
make it funny and white wash and have him be played by John Stewart
>>
>>81252479
The problem with GL is that it's an inherently CG heavy property, especially compared to other superheroes. That makes it incredibly expensive to make.

Especially with the reputation of the first movie, there's no way it would earn enough at the box office to warrant the investment. Not when there's plenty of other B and C-listers they could make movies of that don't need CG.

At best, we could get another animated cartoon.

At worst, we'll have to wait until the next superhero movie craze in about 20 years.
>>
>>81253837
there has to be some nature vs nurture study in the works here
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.