[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who was the better villain?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
Who was the better villain?
>>
>>81247200
Personally I liked Killgrave more than S1 Kingpin. S2 Kingpin blows both of them out of the water though. Less KP made him more effective in my opinion.
>>
>>81247268
Yeah me too. I liked Kilgrave better until I saw season 2 Kingpin.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (23 KB, 221x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
23 KB, 221x200
>>81247200
Fisk. Even without powers. he still manage to find ways to put fear into his enemies.
>>
Yellowjacket
>>
>>81247200
Killgrave was more likable IMO.
>>
>>81247443

>Corey Stoll will never ever play Lex Luthor

;_;
>>
I hope the Defenders series has the hand resurrect Kilgrave and he truly fucks shit up.
>>
Fisk is fookin' scary, mate.
>>
No matter what, we can agree that they are both the best villains of the MCU, right?
>>
Fisk, because Kilgrave was complete garbage.
>>
Kilgrave, easily. Whenever Vincent D'onofrio tries to sound threatening, it just sounds like Edgar from Men in Black. It's comical.
>>
I'm still angry Jessica never even bumped into Matt and Kilgrave did nothing to get Daredevil's attention. There were loads of opportunities for the shows to reference each other, but all we got was the Night Nurse.
>>
>>81247268

Agreed. The S1 Fisk acting sort of like an akward child in some scenes threw me, I mean you could argue it added to the character but it reduced the intimidation factor . S2 was a ruthless scheming bastard.
>>
>>81247513
>When he BTFO DD at the meeting in prison
scared.jpg
>>
>>81247709
>implying Boregrave wasn't comical
He was essentially a joke character the show tried to make you believe is a main villain
Fisk at least tried to be threatening.
>>
Killgrave was boring.

He had no aspirations other than getting free shit and raping women.
>>
>>81247786
That would've been fine had he been even slightly menacing.
Too bad he's as unthreatening as it gets.
>inb4 muh powers
Powers never make a character scary. If character is a joke, no amount of superpowers will make anyone find them threatening.
>>
idk

I know I related strongly to both of them and that seems like a very bad thing
>>
>>81247761
This. I was so damn nervous for Matt during that moment.
>>
>>81247200
Killgrave was supposed to be the best part of JJ. His reveal was so underwhelming and the character so uninteresting that I stopped watching, feeling that if that was the best part, then I really wasn't missing much. His strongest part was when he wasn't there.
>>
For a second there I thought that was Joe Don Baker.
>>
>>81247268
This.

I figured Castle had just completely run away with Season 2, and then Kingpin stole the entire season with a 2 episode appearance.

Kingpin may be best Marvel Cinematic villain, but I feel like a lot of that is just that he's, y'know, still fucking alive and can have an extended plot.
>>
>>81247200
i liked king pin
>>
>>81251530
There's also him having to be threatening beyond having enough superpowers to kill everyone, so the script *has* to give him things. And D'Onofrio being great.
>>
File: 2444411-alias_028_06_07.jpg (579 KB, 1998x1513) Image search: [Google]
2444411-alias_028_06_07.jpg
579 KB, 1998x1513
>>81248979
I wish they had played with his ability to fuck with people's heads. That's the truly terrifying thing; it's not that he can make you kill yourself, it's that he can make you want it and hate yourself for not accomplishing it.

That doesn't leave you. It stays inside you forever to the point where you wonder if you really did want it. That's why Jess was so unbelievably fucked up.
>>
We'll have to wait until JJ season 2 to see how Matt Smith does as Kilgrave.
>>
File: damn thats nice fanart.png (203 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
damn thats nice fanart.png
203 KB, 500x281
>>81247200
I really enjoyed Kilgrave and Tennant's acting was amazing in my opinion but Kilgrave didn't put fear into my heart the way Kingpin did. I'd straight up shit my pants if Kingpin was in my general vicinity. With Kilgrave, he's a menace but even the show encourages you to make fun of him.

Also, that picture of Kilgrave doesn't make him look like a villain in the slightest. He looks more like a rando getting pissed over a parking ticket.
>>
>>81252783
>Tennant's acting was amazing
Eh, I felt it was his typical overacting.
>>
Whenever Kingpin talks all I hear is Frank Reynolds in Lethal Weapon 6.
>>
>>81251185
I think what it comes down to is that the same problem with Killgrave is the same fundamental problem with the show - it's a detective show with basically no detective stuff in it.

You've got the perfect setup for introducing Killgrave - you could have had him behind the scenes for the first ~third of the season, pulling strings behind some of the cases JJ was working, building up to the big reveal that Killgrave was alive and back to fuck with her life. JJ doing actual detective work in the show, figuring out tough cases and gradually putting the pieces together about Killgrave could have been great...

... instead, the reveal happens barely halfway into the first episode and then we get a whole season of stupid stalker shit and JJ crying and moping for a dozen episodes like a sad, sorry bitch.
>>
>>81253458
Yeah she doesn't detective shit, the reason she "figures out" Killgrave is alive and what he's doing is entirely because he sends her the most obvious hints he can.
>>
>>81253458
>it's a detective show with basically no detective stuff in it.
And a thriller with nothing thrilling about it.
>>
>>81247200
I hate Tenant normally but fuck me he was great in JJ. Also KP was a fat whiny bitch
>>
Karen Page.
>>
>>81247655
>>81247655
Yes I would agree
>>
File: Whitney Frost.jpg (129 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
Whitney Frost.jpg
129 KB, 900x506
beep beep

QTest villain coming through
>>
>>81247200
Tennant's a horrible actor, so Kingpin.
>>
>>81251891
This art looks so fucking awful why was Alias so shit?
>>
>>81247200
>>81247655
Kilgrave is shit. They completely fucked his character in the MCU series. His name wasn't even really Kilgrave, for fuck's sake.
>>
File: GqPYvxF.jpg (652 KB, 1200x1841) Image search: [Google]
GqPYvxF.jpg
652 KB, 1200x1841
>>81254830
>>
>>81247512
>resurrect
In the comics, he's got a great healing factor, he could get better from a broken neck.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.