[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Marathoning Venture Brothers. In episode ORB, Kano says how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: venturebrothers.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
venturebrothers.jpg
94 KB, 1280x720
Marathoning Venture Brothers.
In episode ORB, Kano says how he took a vow of silence as penace because he took a great man from this world, hinting that he killed Dr. Venture. Further alluding when Brock asked him and he went silent again. But he was already silent by the time of working for Dr. Venture, and we know Kano used to work for Blue Morpho before working for Venture.

Was Kano an accompliance in the murder of Morpho?
>>
>>81247164
It's seeming that way.

The problem now is figuring out why Blue Morpho would need to be killed and how.
>>
>>81248432
Morpho had an incredibly high bounty on his head from the Guild. I'm pretty positive it was Jonas and Kano who collected
while the two of them aren't exactly the pinnacles of righteousness, I doubt they'd kill one of their friends based on money alone, so its possible there's a secondary reason

as for the how, it was already confirmed he and Monarch's mom died in a plane crash, the same one that stranded little Malcolm in the woods and gained his obsession with butterflies. heck, the whole thing could have been an accident, and Jonas just took the opportunity to profit off his pal's death, who knows
>>
>>81248748
Rusty killed TBM by being a stupid kid adventurer, just like he destroyed Gargantua 1's ray shield. Jonas and Kano just took the credit.
>>
So crazy idea

He killed Morpho by accident and took a vow of silence. Then he killed Jonas as part of his duties and because of it cut himself off from the Venture family to live in shame.
>>
>>81248748
What if the Monarch's trust fund is the bounty collected from his father's death?
>>
>>81250055
Morpho was probably rich as fuck, considering he's a world-class thief and a wealthy socialite with a private plane, so he probably already had a trust fund set up
>>
What if he didn't kill either Blue Morpho didn't die, he just became a woman. Jonas performed his sex change and transition. Kano was a confidant. Taking a vow of silence. He then faked his own death Took a great ma from this world
>>
>>81250526
That's a bit of a stretch, but I suppose I wouldn't put it past them to pull something like that.
>>
>>81250602
If anything I'd discredit it because it's a bit too close to Hunter's story.
>>
>>81250526
They already did half of that idea with Hunter, I don't really see Doc and Jackson repeating themselves with twists.
>>
Whatever the case, I'm pretty sure Kano didn't kill Jonas. That'd be so simple and straightforward when there's such a clear chance here for a cool twist about how Jonas actually died and who actually got killed.

Of course, "taking a great man from this world" could mean that he helped Jonas escape to another planet or something. "Twenty Years to Midnight" showed that he had contact with aliens. But then again, maybe that explanation would be too simple as well.
>>
>>81252218
I thought Kano killing Jonas was a red herring
>>
>>81250526
Female BM is Shiela haha. Just a thought.
>>
>>81247164
I am marathoning VB too and noticed something neat.
Captain Sunshine goes through several Wonder boys.
One Wonderboy is pathetic loser and cast aside and ignored cause no one wants him or to associate with him (Tim Drake)
Hank Wonder boy quits cause of problems between him and Sunshine (Nightwing)
One dies (Jason Todd)
The newest one is young and has an attitude, swears an is eager to fight (Damien Wayne)
>>
>>81247164
After listening to commentary the Vendatta stuff seems a little too over analyzing. They originally had Vendatta as just a silhouette of Sandow with a helmet and then later had to flesh out a real character on the cuff.
>>
Bump for interest.
>>
>>81247164
What if Kano killed the Blue Morpho after BM decided to steal the ORB?
>>
I liked that this season had Monarch at his worst, outright abusing and manipulating those dumb enough to love him, all while dressed in his dead father's superhero duds.

On the flip side, for all his abrupt terminations and ill-advised excess, Rusty showed a more idealistic and meditative of himself; revealing that he shares the super science utopia vision of his forefathers and expressing sincere wonderment at the lunar eclipse despite having walked upon the moon itself years before.

Their final season 6 moments reflect this dichotomy. Rusty's bombastic acceptance of the Guild/OSI volleyball game and his earnest offer to mix everyone his awful Doctails is not met with contempt or derision as it would in previous chapters, but actual eagerness from those assembled. Meanwhile, Monarch's wife hates his alter ego more than ever before and his last onscreen act is to punch his last remaining henchman (who could likely punch him out) in the arm.
>>
>>81257342
I like that this season Doc hasn't just been a complete fuckup. The first episode had me worried we were just going to get 'Rusty fucks up his brothers company' all season.
>>
>>81257532
>'Rusty fucks up his brothers company'
It feels like its going that way but its thankfully mostly through the actions of outside forces.

Warhammer, and Wide Wale in particular.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.