[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good, non-cape comics in a fantasy or sci-fi vein
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: nebezial-3.jpg (208 KB, 600x1101) Image search: [Google]
nebezial-3.jpg
208 KB, 600x1101
What are some good, non-cape comics in a fantasy or sci-fi vein (Besides Saga, which I already know of)?
>>
>Besides Saga

So do you want like, actually good stuff or popular stuff?
>>
>Sci-Fi
Prophet
Atomic Robo
Black Science
Starlight

>Fantasy
The Autumnlands
Dark Horse's Conan the Barbarian
Monstress
Bone
>>
Autumnlands, lanfeust of Troy
>>
File: bilal-02.jpg (162 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
bilal-02.jpg
162 KB, 1024x768
>>81246766
Nikopol Trilogy, motherfucker
>>
Black Science and Tokyo Ghost (both Remender) are pretty good. Busieks Conan is really good. A lot of Ron Marz Red Sonja was good until nearing the end of the run.

I personally think East of West is okay at best and way way overrated.

Sorry I can't help more.
>>
Fear Agent
The D&D comic by John Rogers
>>
Fear Agent
Prophet
Hellboy (kinda cape?)
Bone
Conan
>>
French comics have shitloads of great non-cape stuff. The Incal series and its spinoffs, Wake/Sillage, Skydoll, Nikopol, Quest for the Bird of Time, Freaks Squeele, Okko...

Try and find fan translations if you can though. Official english translations often censor stuff or do weird shit like release issues in the wrong order.
>>
As both Fantasy/Sci.Fi genre:

DC's He-Man and the Masters of the Universe by Dan Abnett.
>>
Mignolaverse starts as cape then quickly turns into straight fantasy
>>
>>81246766
Fear Agent.
>>
>>81246766
Fear Agent is a great sci-fi action book. It's very Western influenced with more of a focus on action and characters than philosophy or hard science.
Metabarons is an excellent sci-fi book. It's very reminiscent of Dune and has fantastic art.
The Surrogates is an interesting five issue mini about a society that uses robot "surrogates" to live their life for them. Pretty standard sci-fi themes but still a good read.
Wake is a sci-fi type comic from Frace (I think, it's European at the least) and focuses on a human girl trying to find other humans while working for an alien federation and trying to navigate their particular politics and prejudices.
While it's not 100% fantasy Usagi Yojimbo is one of the best books Dark Horse is putting out and tells the story of a wandering samurai who has ocasional encounters with Japanese supernatural folklore. It's "fury" in that all the characters are anthropomorphic animals but it's been around since the eighties.
Frank MIller wrote several good sci-fi books including Hard Boiled which features fantastic art from Geoff Darrow.
>>
>>81247104
>The D&D comic

The DnD comic is horribly underrated. You would think it would just be a phoned in bullshit ad, but the dialog was epic.
>>
File: he-man-the-eternity-war-0405.jpg (157 KB, 600x461) Image search: [Google]
he-man-the-eternity-war-0405.jpg
157 KB, 600x461
>>81247413
Also the sequel of DC's He-Man, the Eternity War is a great epic tale.
>>
>>81247611
>Dwarf Paladin: "She does not love me anymore!"
>Elf Ranger: "Why not? Are you not the handsomest dwarf in your clan?"
>Dwarf Paladin: "Aye, 'tis true."
>Elf Ranger: "No, I'm actually asking. I have no idea weather you're a handsome dwarf or not."
>>
File: 1448935223887.gif (3 MB, 403x230) Image search: [Google]
1448935223887.gif
3 MB, 403x230
>>81247103
>>81246953
>>81247104
>>81247184
>>81247470
>>81247600
>actually recommending the edgelord faggot Remmender
Get some taste please.
>>
>>81247908
How bout Skullkickers then? Fantasy, but incredibly non serious, but so much fun it should be illegal.
>>
>>81247611
The comic is clearly Dwarven work.
>>
2000AD publishes a lot of sci-fi. Dredd is the most known but they do a lot more.
>>
How about rat queens, or is it too sjw bullshit?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.