[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DC Rebirth thread I guess
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 6
File: 1459134585524.jpg (2 MB, 2066x2400) Image search: [Google]
1459134585524.jpg
2 MB, 2066x2400
>All these double shipping books

anyone else just trade waiting? Even at 2.99 I don't think I can affording putting more then two of these books on my pull list on top of my existing 40 title pull list

inb4 poorfag
>>
Goddammit they're cancelling Starfire. Now I gotta go to Harley for my Conner/Palmiotti smut fix.
>>
No, OP, DC Rebirth is all about tradewaiting. The double shipping is to get larger name characters' trades out faster.

As for what I'm interested in, Hellblazer, Green Arrow, Deathstroke, Supergirl, Blue Beetle and Wonder Woman are probably the ones that pique my interest the most. I'd love to hear more on New Super Man and Super Sons, however. I'm also eagerly awaiting more Prez.
>>
>>81246368
thanks for the notes, especially the last one
>>
>>81246368
Is Legends of Tomorrow going to continue, or does Rebirth mean it's dead?
I have a hard on for anthologies and want more Sugar and Spike.
>>
I mean, the majority of my pull list right now is soon-to-be-cancelled DCYou books
>>
>>81247291
It's going to end at issue 6, it's just there to burn off the stock.
>>
>>81247370
I knew it was a mini from the beginning, I just haven't heard anything since it came out and it's a bit hard to find things about it because of the show.
>>
what will happen to seeleys suicide squad?

I am interested in the 2 Wonder Womans, Morrisons and Rucka, Chinese Superman and CIA Batman.
>>
Damn, I know it's tedious but that's a big ass pull - do you mind sharing it?

Also my pull isn't as big as yours, and only 4 of the titles I'm interested in double ship.
>>
>>81247498
Rob Williams will write Suicide Squad
>>
Is it too much to hope that terry will come back for batman beyond rebirth?
>>
>>81247633
Um, that was already announced.
>>
>>81246368
>Venditti still on GL
Goddamn it DC.
>>
>>81247835
Don't worry, Dogfucker's on the other book!
>>
>>81246368

>Abnett on aquaman

I'm kind of hyped for this, to be honest.
>>
>>81247668
Wait Terry is actually coming back? can I get a source?
>>
>>81246368
Still think Ted and Jaime are the pre-New52 versions of the characters
>>
>>81247979
They mentioned it at the end of the DC Rebirth stream
>>
>>81247291
minis are going to keep going as planned
>>
>>81247904
At least Hal isn't on that one.
Is DC trying to destroy the GL franchise or what?
>>
>>81248109
>Is DC trying to destroy the GL franchise or what?
they sure don't seem to be putting much effort into it
>>
File: Rebirth_checklist_1.jpg (4 MB, 1200x4800) Image search: [Google]
Rebirth_checklist_1.jpg
4 MB, 1200x4800
>>81246368
Even better image
>>
That's actually the point, they want to put trades out faster because that's where the growth in the comics market is now. What you're doing will help push us into a new paradigm, keep it up because it's exactly what we need. There are too many good books cancelled by #10 based on floppy sales.
>>
>>81249924
I get that they scaled back on total books since they're double shipping close to half of them, but the selection seems somewhat bare
>>
>>81246368
I'm curious to see if Tom King's Batman will be as good as Snyder's and, of course, the Morrison-fag outcry
>>
>>81250154
Minis and the Hannah Barbera books make up the rest I think
>>
File: CAnSniper.webm (2 MB, 1280x528) Image search: [Google]
CAnSniper.webm
2 MB, 1280x528
Errr can some one explain this as simple and best they can. I read A little New 52 when it forst cam out but am going through some of the series now

So are they rebooting DC again? Wtf was DCYOU? Are they continuing pre new 52 stories? All this shit confuses the fuck outa me.
>>
>>81250262
Some new books are launching and other books are starting to double-ship with some new creative teams here and there.

That's all. Chill out.
>>
>>81250262
>So are they rebooting DC again?

No

>Wtf was DCYOU?

Mostly a signal to creators that DC changed their internal editorial practices from the early new 52 days where editors were half-rewriting books and shit. Other than that it was just a marketing slogan.

>Are they continuing pre new 52 stories?

Some books like Earth-2 Society and Doctor Fate seem to be continuing on normally. The ones that are starting over with new #1s are continuing the same continuity but they are giving casuals a big jump-in point and might make some small adjustments/retcons explained by the main Rebirth special.
>>
>>81250247
I guess? Maybe it'll look somewhat fuller closer to launch
>>
>>81250366

Ah, Thanks.
>>
>>81250154
>but the selection seems somewhat bare
Well their main line HAS gone from like ~50 books down to ~30

But with double shipping, the continuing books, Hanna Barbera, and Vertigo they're still putting out about the same amount of product
>>
Sensational "Farting Lion" Comics is not coming back! Hip hip hooray
>>
>Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps
>Green Lanterns
Why not just Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps? Keep it simple.
>>
>>81250721
EVS suggested it as a joke and they went with it
>>
>>81247835
>>81247904
Ethan Van Sciver is basically going to be co-plotting the both of them with help from Geoff. I think it's under control.
>>
>>81250366
>Doctor Fate continuing on

Really?! Holy shit that's news.
>>
>>81251030
It wasn't a joke, it was a book he pitched and they turned down, only to reuse the name later
>>
>>81250721
Because Green Lanterns stars two characters, and I guess they really want to make it clear that Hal is the lead of HJGLC

They really could have just caked it GLC though, Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps is a mouthful
>>
>>81252021
Well it's not cancelled in June at least. Who knows how long they'll let it go through.
>>
>>81252081
Honestly, I hope it keeps going on. The biggest problem with the book was that the opening three to four issue arc was stretched out to like, eight. Levitz should be able to get a passion project book if fucking Lobdell can, right?
>>
>>81251854
I don't think EVS is touching GLs, but HJGLC sounds like a passion project for him
>>
Bringing Titans back?! FOR WHAT PURPOSE?
>>
>>81252165
To allow Teen Titans to have the new generation?
>>
>>81252165
To make money off of nostolgiafags
>>
>>81252165
So we can have white Wally back without SJWs getting mad
>>
I'm so god damn fucking excited for Blue Beetle. The cover alone makes me smile!
>>
File: cerealgod.png (304 KB, 780x1034) Image search: [Google]
cerealgod.png
304 KB, 780x1034
>>81251854
>>
>>81247617
I know he'll do fine, but damnit, I want more Seeleyside Squad.
>>
>>81252165
get some big bucks from character fags
>>
>40 title pull list.
Roughly $120 per month
>>
>>81246368
My balls are waiting to unload all over that new Super-Woman
>>
>>81253872
Thanks Geoff
>>
>>81250154
>but the selection seems somewhat bare

Blame the comic fans for being shit eaters. If big names are all they buy that's all they deserve. DC gave them enough chances
>>
>>81253872
I just met him at Wondercon and I all but gushed THANK YOU BASED JOHNS.

Got Trinity War, Forever Evil AND Darkseid War signed by him. Feelsgoodman.
>>
>>81246368
OH GOD WHAT ARE THEY DOING TO HUNTRESS SHE'S ALL COVERED UP WITH CLOTHES LIKE
>>
>>81255067

Her old costume was fucking stupid. Just be glad Black Canary is back in fishnets and get on with your life
>>
>>81255096
But mreh mreh mreeeeh I liked it being fucking stupid, it's like, her ab window and Power Girl's boob windows were perfect visual metaphors for how they were a window to another reality.

And they were also sexy and nice to look at.
>>
>>81250247
How many issues are HB books going to be?
>>
>>81256413
Originally announced as ongoings; how many arcs will be printed depend on sales
>>
>>81255120
lay off the weed and put your pants back on, you're embarrassing yourself
>>
>new Harley every week
DC should have been doing this for years!
>>
>>81250721
The main reason:

HJGLC is in space; Green Lanterns is on Earth. Calling HJGLC Green Lantern Corps would (presumably) make HJGLC seem like a secondary book when it's really a primary/co-primary book. It's not too surprising that they'd want to include Hal Jordan's name in the title.
>>
So whatever happened to the new artists that came in with DCYou? Where's Bagenda and Aco or the one on Dr Fate?
>>
>>81261373
they're finishing the books from dcyou
with some luck they'll be on the rumored vertigo books
>>
>>81261373
Sonny Liew's final Doctor Fate issue is #12.

Also
>Not making Bagenda and ACO DC Exclusives
>>
>"WW, Flash and GL need new writers the most!"
>WW gets fucking Greg Rucka
>Flash gets decent writer
>GL keeps Venditti with the addition of dogfucker
I did nothing to deserve this
>>
>>81261704
The main things are the improvements in editorial. GL with more freedom would be great for both Venditti and Humphries.
>>
>>81252165
People have been crying about no Titans for five years.
It'll be interesting to see how well it does, especially since DC seems to be pushing them.
>>
File: FILE1375.jpg (50 KB, 347x421) Image search: [Google]
FILE1375.jpg
50 KB, 347x421
Is supergirl's team promising? otherwise I will not have any DC on my pull list.
>>
>>81261959
Steve Orlando is great, although he's mostly done grittier stuff so far so I dunno how he'll do on something lighter

I'm unfamiliar with the artist
>>
Someone needs to stop all the earth GLs.

WTF.

Don't give me earth sector is busy bullshit.

Gls do shit all for earth unless the team they are on makes them, rest of the time, they are battling the new army, and latest old threat to resurface or whining about the good old days while rebuking the corps for the 17th time since Hal joined.

Assign an alien gl to earth, so much more interesting than, what, 7 fucking human gls now?!
>>
>>81261704
I think with EVS on the Hal book, he'll keep Venditti in check and not do too many stupid shit. He described it as wanting to return to the Staton/Englehert era of GL which in my opinion is what this book needs, just some good normal fun and campy villains. Humphries is a wild card though, I'm expecting a total disaster.
>>
>>81249924
My God, too many bi-weekly books. What the heck is dc thinking?
>>
>>81262423

Let's be honest, about half of them will drop to monthly. Don't forget that all books will be $2.99 though.
>>
>>81246368
Is that Pied Piper on the Titans art?
>>
>>81246368
That Green Arrow looks legit
>>
>>81262319
EVS is also on edge of oblivion and that hasn't been good
>>
>>81262850
He expressed how much he wanted to do a Corps book with Hal so I think he's actually motivated this time.
>>
>>81262850
But EVS hates John Stewart and such things.
>>
>>81262543
It's only ONE dollar less. The bi-weekly shipping will make the fans spend double the money they used to with N52 books.
>>
>>81263100
>only one dollar less

That shit adds up depending on your pull size.
>>
>>81263100
I wonder how many fans realize that.
>>
>>81262727
No it's Lilith
>>
>>81263100
You're paying 2.99 for 20-22 pages

It's more per MONTH but you're not paying more for the content
>>
>>81263100
6 dollars for 40 pages is still better content wise than 4 dollars for 20 pages. Or 8 dollars for 40 pages like marvel does.

More per month, but it's still a better deal content wise.
>>
>>81261704
GLs movie isn't until 2020 so they're saving the good teams for then
>>
Do people not get that Rebirth isn't made for floppybuyers, it's for trade waiters?
>>
>>81264442
It's for both

They're getting rid of all shitty selling books and waiting until they can do more of them.
There's maybe five out there or c lister books and half of those are with Superman or Batman.
>>
>>81264442
>i-it's for trades, guys!

when will these memes end?

Companies don't give a crap about trade sales. They're cool, but they're basically just additions -- not the focal point of anything.

They NEED good sales on floppies. The idea that they can just print good stories that no one reads and then "make up" the money on trades is ludicrous. They'll never make the money back, because no one will have read it the first time; if no one reads it the first time, who will be there to recommend it later on?
>>
>>81264101

Long arcs won't be as tiresome either. If Zero Year had lasted 6 months it would have been more enjoyable to me.
>>
>>81264620
Aren't trades the only part of the market where sales are going up?
>>
>>81264442
lmao they are most certainly are doing it for floppies. Two Batmans a week will probably sell as much as all of Omega Men's sales put together.
Getting trades out faster is a bonus.
>>
>>81264746
*a month
>>
>>81246368
I haven't read many DC comics in a time. What is looking best in this new rebirth?

I think the only things I read of the New 52 were the initial stuff for Flash/Swamp Thing/Animal Man and Jeff Lemires Green Arrow.
>>
>>81264442
It's for retailers
>>
>>81264620
DC, Image, etc care about trade sales

Marvel couldn't give a fuck less
>>
>>81264795
Batman
>>
>>81264795
Most of things look readable.
>>
>>81264795
I think deathstroke might be great because priest but I'll wait for the firs few issues to pass judgment
>>
>>81264694
Yes. But not in the properties that Rebirth focuses on.

And even then, trades are improving from basically nothing. So, anything looks good. The average trade makes a lot less money than floppy sales. Only a handful of them make more through trade sales than they did through floppies -- and those series are usually extremely popular (for their company, anyway) to begin with.
>>
>>81264927
I'm still surprised Priest got to write Deathstroke.
>>
>>81264795
Batman, Nightwing, Superman, Supergirl, and Deathstroke are all being written by competent people.
>>
>>81265031
do you think they offered him cyborg first and he proceeded by beating the shit out of an editor
>>
>>81265096
>DiDio: …We’re sitting around, we’re talking about what a wonderful job, what an amazing job he did on “Black Panther.” Everybody’s going, “I don’t know, are we gonna call him?” Everybody’s like, “He must be busy, we haven’t heard from him.” Because if we don’t hear from somebody obviously they must be too busy, and that’s not the case. So we called him up, we talked to him about one book and it didn’t click but he’s interested in doing something. Okay, what’s open? We pitched a whole [bunch of] different ideas to him and he really latched onto “Deathstroke.” Because of that, this is a massive win. It was great to have him come on board. Editorially and across the board, we’re all huge fans of his work. The fact that he’s coming back to DC to do this is something really special.

Cyborg probably wasn't one of those ideas lol
>>
>>81265213
>>So we called him up, we talked to him about one book and it didn’t click but he’s interested in doing something.

nah, it probably was.

Good thing it was a phone call.
>>
>>81264442
Has anybody from DC actually made a statement about how trades will be handled after rebirth? I've been away from cape stuff for a while but last I remember DC was super slow at putting out trades. And they always had a shitty HC version out like a year before SC
>>
>>81265392
They've been better about putting out trades faster, a lot of the DCYOU titles are getting their trades 2-3 months after the last collected issue
>>
>>81265213
>See post on page 1
>Hudlin's writing Deathstroke?
>click on thread
>It's Priest

I don't know if I should be relieved or disapointed
>>
>>81265096
>we talked to him about one book and it didn’t click
>>81265213

Haha fuck, that's practically confirmation that they wanted Priest to write Cyborg. That's the only way double-shipping a Cyborg solo title could have possibly made sense.
>>
>>81265334
Nah if Cyborg had been their first suggestion he'd have hung up on them
>>
>>81265498
Do they still do that thing where if it's a big-name title like Batman, they go with a HC and then a tpb much later or do they go straight to tpb now?
>>
>>81265679
I think so, they can't stop because it's still the original numbering since the new 52 start
>>
>>81246368
Isnt double shipping suppose to stop trade waiting?

20 pages a month is such bullshit for anything.
>>
>>81265868
It could cause people to trade wait because they know they can get a six issue tpb every 3 months
>>
>>81246368
Well, no because even with double shipping on some, 2.99 is a great price and with the lower number of titles you end up spending less in floppies anyway. Also, 2.99 for that 80 page special is insane.
>>
>>81246368
Those Sharp pages they showed off are not impressive but he shared on twitter the pages he "auditioned" with for Wonder Woman and he's extraordinary.
>>
>>81252102
There's a persistent rumor that Levitz Gets A Book, so he may be able to keep it alive. He was clearly miffed about some of that WF stuff he had to do (the E2 backstory)
>>
>>81266304
He posted an actual crop of a panel and I wasn't impressed by how her lower body looked. Maybe it was just a fluke though.
>>
Im actually looking forward to most of these books, has Supergirl always been good on New52? I read up to He'l on earth storyline. Also was the Hobo Hal saga any good?
Its sad that there's no more Robin: Son Of Batman, and still no Shazam tho.
>>
>>81252102
That's not the only problem. The problem is that even now, 10 issues in, I have to read about how "this can't be happening, I must be stoned". That last issue from that first arc(7?) Was really good but aside from that Liew is being wasted.
>>
>>81266751
I only read maybe the first two or three arcs of new 52 Supergirl and the last one. It was pretty solid though.
>>
>>81266751
>Its sad that there's no more Robin: Son Of Batman

Super Sons is the spiritual successor. It even has Goliath on the cover.

I wish they'd give us a creative team.
>>
Wait, is Rucka worst than Meredith Finch? Because i really liked Azz' Wondy, and dropped as soon as i read Finch's first issue.
>>
>>81266925
>is Rucka worst than Meredith Finch

From where are you getting that idea?
>>
>>81246368
>Batman
>Nightwing
>'Tec
>ASB maybe
>Batgirl
>BoP
>JL maybe
>Trinity
>AC maybe
>Supes maybe
>Supergirl
>WW
>Flash maybe
>Hal Lanterns Maybe
>GLs maybe
>Aquaman
>Cyborg
>GA
>Prieststroke
>Beetle
>Teen Titans
>Titans
This is going to burn my wallet.
>>
>>81266925
Have you never read a (DC) comic book in your entire life?
>>
>>81266751
>Also was the Hobo Hal saga any good?
It was alright
>>
>>81267012
>>81261704
>>
>>81267530
Too many to count desu.
>>
>>81267645
That's a GL fan complaining that their books didn't get good creators like Flash and WW did.

Rucka has one of the most acclaimed modern WW runs so him returning to the character is seen as a positive.
>>
File: DC Rebirth Pull List.jpg (3 MB, 3520x2712) Image search: [Google]
DC Rebirth Pull List.jpg
3 MB, 3520x2712
>>81267496
>>
Fuck black Wally West.
>>
so it's neither a relaunch nor a reboot
i took a small comics break
somebody care to fill me in here?
>>
>>81270762
it's a relaunch
they're 'fixing' some titles, basically just shuffling some writers and artists around, making big titles twice monthly and reducing the amount of different titles
also a price reduction
>>
>>81270846
does the universe get a reset or is everything that happened so far still canon?
>>
>>81270945
everything is canon, it's just a revert to #1 for big bucks
>>
>>81270978
hm not sure how i feel about that
and everything that's not on this list is cancelled?
hellblazer? gotham academy?
>>
>>81271253
gotham academy is getting another series later
hellblazer is getting relaunched as the hellblazer
>>
>>81270978
>>81270945
It's also for retcons so they get them all out the way now

>>81271253
Hellblazer is on that list. Next Semester is confirmed but no date
>>
>>81265392
Tom King said his Batman is going to have three trades a year, so one every four months is what I'm expecting for the double shipping books, dunno how big they'll be.
>>
>>81271785
So King no longer has any exclusively contract? Will that last? I like him being able to write for anyone. Doing so great on The Visions
>>
>>81272058
They JUST announced King's exclusive for DC a couple weeks ago
>>
>>81272058
DC exclusive contracts usually last for 5 years I think
>>
>>81272346
I think it varies, sometimes they're only a year or two
>>
>>81246368
not even trade waiting, this looks terrible Why the FUCK do people buy this shit?
>>
>>81272663
Because you have shit taste or read GL
>>
>>81265213
who, who thinks such a horrible, awful thing. And pitching to the WRITER! That isn't how this fucking works Dan.
>>
>>81272713
And what comic publisher do you work for, anon?
>>
>>81272663
Most of them look pretty good, actually

Unless you are a fan of Jason Todd or any Green Lanterns
>>
>>81266925
No, he's something different. Rucka is very much a cuckolding shit. He has a shit tier fanbase, but like Frank Miller and his whores, Rucka can't write a book without making every woman a raging bitch/lesbian.
>>
>>81267530
>>81267012

Oh boy, here come the Rucka fanboys. Tell me anon, in your delusional shit taste is Death of the Maidens the greatest Bat story evah?

I suppose you thought Superman Sacrifice was a high point for the Man of Steel?

Nobody when asked about the greatest stories for character x recommends stories written by cucka for either Batman or Superman.
>>
>>81272697
>Tynion on Tec looks good

Die faggot
>>
>>81272848
So, you like Dan Jurgens on Beyond, Bryan Hitch on Justice league?
>>
>>81250154

Remember of rumors are right we are going to see Vertigo series with some b and c listers soon.
>>
>>81272058
what. How the fuck do you think Exclusive Contracts work? He's gonna finish The Visions that's confirmed, but other than that he's not working on Marvel no more, and just as well. I'm getting fucking tired of Marvel snatching up DC Talents.
>>
>>81273029
I don't think anybody ITT thinks Tynion on Tec looks good
Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.